Bandwidth smaller than most of the competition - poor

Crowley5's review of UK Web Solutions Direct www.ukwebsolutionsdirect.co.uk

“Bandwidth smaller than most of the competition - poor”

Written on: 22/05/2022 by Crowley5 (1 review written)

I have or at least "had" several domains and hosting plans with UK Web Solutions Direct. Service has been fair over the ten years I have been with them and the tech support equally so. They might not have cracked a problem on the first shout but a response to a followup ticket usually sorted the problem. The wording on a lot of responses "assumed" you had client/server based knowledge as it was quite technical - fine for me but not ideal for those that are not tech savvy.

One of the biggest issues I had was the "limited" bandwidth. It is not very big at all. In fact, it is smaller than most competing hosting providers and my personal website (astronomy/photography) had been throttled back on a number of occasions to the point the pages often failed to load. When I mentioned this they were very quick to offer me (at discount) another server for an extra £20 a month !!!!

The final nail in the coffin was a change in payment methods. I used to pay using debit/credit cards and some recent security change meant I was no longer able to use this method. I raised a ticket and they told me to pay using online banking (which I don't have). They offered me no other method so I had no other option but to leave them. That is what you get for over 10 years of loyalty ;)

From the recent correspondence and lack of direction, I would not touch them with a barge pole. Such a shame !!!