Definitely not recommended

Stevebob's review of Sainsburys Travel Insurance

“Definitely not recommended”

Written on: 24/07/2020 by Stevebob (3 reviews written)

I chose to book Sainsbury's bank travel insurance after searching and found 5-star defaqto rating. When I added my age and health history made the premium expensive for a 7-day holiday in Italy for my wife and myself. TUI cancelled because of coronavirus so I tried to phone Sainsbury's travel insurance to ask if it was possible to cancel insurance, but received no replies after trying all numbers including claims line and waiting for some time until phone went dead. So I sent them a email again received no replies. I was not expecting to receive a full refund but there is no way of contacting anybody, not even to make a claim! Obviously I will not be arranging any insurance with this company ever again, especially on another occasion after changing pounds to euros Sainsbury's Bank cashier made a mistake and gave my wife 10 Euros less, my wife having worked in a bank spotted this and the cashier just made a groan not even a apology. They definitely lost us as a customer in the future.

• Single trip insurance

Type of Insurance

• Did not claim

Was your claim successful?

• Unfairly