Don't use them

jessilestrange's review of Intana - www.intana-assist.com

“Don't use them”

Written on: 11/03/2021 by jessilestrange (1 review written)

I have paid £285 in callout fees in under 2 weeks for the same issue. To say I'm furious at EDF Energy's Boiler Cover and Intana-Assist.

27th February - callout was made because I did not have any heating.
Following a clip being replaced within the boiler, the heating was now working but I immediately had the hot water in all taps cycling between hot and cold water. It was at its worst in the shower, whereas the other taps (bathroom and kitchen) were cycling between hot and lukewarm water.

3rd March - I called in the problem and was informed I would need to pay another callout fee. I asked the customer service agent for reassurance that, if the issue was related to the 27th February callout, that the £95 fee would be refunded. The agent confirmed this would be the case.

This engineer reported that the boiler was not the issue; it was the shower’s thermostatic cartridge that needed replacing. I told him the other taps were cycling between hot and lukewarm water but he said the issue was the cartridge part in the shower valve. The engineer did not check the boiler during the visit.

9th March - A plumber was able to source the thermostatic cartridge and replaced it in the shower valve. It did not solve the issue. The plumber continued to troubleshoot and was at one point able to get the shower to produce hot water, but at the expense of the other taps that now ran only arctic-cold. The plumber indicated that this is a clear sign that the boiler is not heating up water properly. With a new part fitted, the problem was not solved, and the plumber said fitting a new shower valve wouldn’t fix the issue either.

I called up the Claims line once again. I explain the issue in full and was informed that as this is an ongoing issue relating to the 3rd March callout, that the case would be reopened and an engineer would be in contact.

11th March - I called up, yet again. Explained the issue in its entirety again and that an engineer had not arrived. Here I was informed that an engineer was not requested on the 9th March, that there is no record of this call having been made (I have call logs on my phone), and no notes on my account. It took a good 10 minutes to explain this to the agent on the other end who seemed to need to have it repeated that. They could not seem to grasp how all of these callouts could possibly be related.

I've now paid £500+ (including the plumber's labour, new part, separate from EDF Energy/Intana-Assist) and I still have the same problem from the very beginning.

• 05/2020

Date of Insurance (month/year)

• Annual

Type of Insurance

• Successful

Was your claim successful?

• Not applicable