Nothing useful covered

Guest's review of Insure With Ease Travel Insurance

“Nothing useful covered”

Written on: 09/09/2013

Insurewithease.com cover a whopping two types of item under their "personal possessions" title- jewellery and cameras.

I lost my iphone on a trip abroad and when I looked at my policy again I saw I would only be covered up to £200 for a single item (I had thought it was a limit of £1500 due to their misleading text). I decided to ring first to check if that was the case as the value of the phone was £400 + and I did not want to send off a form and wait for a reply to come back saying I wouldn't get the full amount.

I was told on the phone to go to page 12 of the terms and conditions to view the exclusions for section E, subsection 3. Here I discovered that any mobiles, smart phones, laptops, ipads or tablets, amongst the majority of other "valuable possessions" that most people would want covered on a trip abroad, were not included in the package. I am absolutely livid. Admittedly this review is written in anger but I am so furious. I should have read the T&Cs more closely. But do not go with this company- it is pointless.

• August 2013

Date of Insurance (month/year)

• Annual insurance

Type of Insurance

• Did not claim

Was your claim successful?

• Not applicable