"You never made a claim.." - despite 11 e-mails

Guest's review of Insure and Go - www.insureandgo.com

“"You never made a claim.." - despite 11 e-mails ”

Written on: 04/08/2012

My husband had a ski-ing accident in France. When the accident happened, the girl I contacted and dealt with from the Claims department seemed quite efficient and the papework was dealt with in a timely fashion. There were no huge medical bills because I had my E111 to hand and this covered most of the Emergency medical care - it was just the rescue from the mountain and the ambulance bill to settle.

After receiving my FIFTH red bill from the mountain rescue team this week , I decided to call Insure & Go because the last four e-mails, asking for assurance that these bills would be paid, had not enjoyed the courtesy of a response.

I was dumbfounded to be told by Insure & Go that there was no record of my having ever made a claim, and it was now too late to do so! I assured the girl that I had made a claim and had eleven e-mails between myself and the claims agent - including one thanking me for sending all the relevant paperwork. They assured me someone from the Claims complaints department would call be back to sort this out. That was four days ago. I have also send an e-mail to their complaints department - again no response. I am re-sending this e-mail every few hours. What else do you do!! I will take this to the Ombudsman, but I know they give them 6-8 weeks to sort it out before they will get involved. I am returning to the same resort this year and do not want to get blacklisted because I owe the French goverment a lot of money in unpaid medical bills!