No contact

terribleinsurance's review of Fogg Travel Insurance Services Ltd

“No contact”

Written on: 10/01/2019 by terribleinsurance (1 review written)

Medical side ofExplorer Travel Insurance. My daughter had an accident in Cambodia where she had emergency surgery The doctors said they didnt have the expertise to continue with her treatment so she went to Thonburi hospital in Bangkok. On the day of her accident we immediately contacted Medical Assist (part of Fogg Insurance) I phoned every day to talk to the lady who had been allocated to us and update on what was happening. I left messages and sent e-mails but she never returned one call or email. My son had flown out to be with my daughter - they never contacted him either apart from one time when he was advised to take my daughter to a general hospital in Cambodia .The doctors told us that this was the worst option for my daughter since they did not have the expertise she needed. Finally my daughter had a "Fitness to fly" certificate from the doctors. Never deal with this company if you want any support or contact from the people you insured with at your time of greatest need. They now refuse to pay for my daughter to return on a stretcher which Thai airlines insisted upon. This company upholds the well believed mantra that the public believe that some insurance companies "will do anything not to pay up". We would never have paid £16,000 if Medicakl Assist had contacted us to say otherwise = but what do you do when they just dissappear!

• March 2018

Date of Insurance (month/year)

• Single trip insurance

Type of Insurance

• Unsuccessful

Was your claim successful?

• Unfairly