Upsetting service, rude, horrible

mylittlegirl14's review of American Express Travel Insurance

“Upsetting service, rude, horrible”

Written on: 05/07/2018 by mylittlegirl14 (1 review written)

We bought the insurance 5 months before the flight. I could not take the flight as I had gotten ill. We cancelled the flight, called the insurance and they sent us 16 pages of information to supply (EACH). We did so, my doctor documented the reason why I was not able to fly and offered to speak if necessary. We faxed it, heard nothing, called they received mine not my husbands, faxed that. Called again, yes they got it we will hear in 14+ biz days. We called each day to see if it had moved alone, each time the same words came out of another persons mouth. We called AMEX Corporate, they are not licensed to help so they say, actually they do not own the Travel Ins we hear. At this point the date keeps changing when they will review it, the date that we are changes, last week we were on day 5 then the next day it was 3. I have asked around and no one is surprised, everyone I asked said use Allianz. I bought AMEX because of the trust AMERICAN EXPRESS name. I am disgusted I will never use them again for anything, the card is going. I have no idea when we will be told but from the attitude it seems they will make up any BS to deny us - we are 75 and it is $1200.00. DO NOT USE THEM if it is needed you are not guaranteed what they say in the policy and once you ask for a claim to be filed good luck. I have spent about 20 hours trying to contact them only to get the same speech every time I reached someone. Now my blood pressure is high. I have had the AMEX card 19 years with good luck, not with Travel, do not do it.

• 02/10/2018

Date of Insurance (month/year)

• Single trip insurance