Shocked!

SEBMSBOSS's review of AIG Travel Insurance

“Shocked!”

Written on: 08/11/2019 by SEBMSBOSS (1 review written)

I am simply amazed. On January 28, I booked flights from Charlotte, North Carolina to New York City for my wife and myself, our son, daughter in law, and two grandchildren. The trip is scheduled for December. In October, our son, who is a member of the North Carolina Air National Guard, was involuntarily deployed for six months to Sicily as part of a joint services operation. Because he will be away serving our country, we canceled his flight and filed for reimbursement through Aon Travel Insurance. I was notified today that my claim has been denied because it does not fall within the parameters of the policy. If he were subponaed to jury duty, we would have been reimbursed. However, we will not be reimbursed due to his serving our country. A reservist who is deployed is guaranteed by law that his job standing will be protected. Aon does not give the same kind of courtesy to one who places himself in harm's way for the country he serves. This is just sad. My wife and I travel a great deal, and we always purchase travel insurance. This company will never again have to worry about our utilizing their service.

• January, 2019

Date of Insurance (month/year)

• Single trip insurance

Type of Insurance

• Unsuccessful

Was your claim successful?

• Fairly