Terrible

2.3

ioannava's review of Piaggio Liberty 50 2T

“Terrible ”

written by ioannava on 21/07/2023

I bought this Piaggio Liberty 50cc brand new in March 2023 in Greece. From day one it never worked properly. After I used it for a while (eg from my house to the supermarket) it stopped working. I mean, the ignition would not start at all, it did not even make a noice that it was trying to start. I took it to the dealer, who is a very very experienced mechanic (one of the oldest in my town) and he could not find the problem. He asked assistance from Piaggio Greece and they totally ignored him. I called them myself and the technician responsible asked me if it was trying to drive it when it was sunny, or cold, or rainy..(!) Seriously? I never knew that a motorbike is specially made to work under particular weather conditions, but he seemed to think so. When I mentioned that I would be pressing charges as they had sold a faulty product that they were unwilling to fix or replace, they did actually change some parts and for a couple of weeks, it did work. Then, another problem appeared, the motorbike will not start easily every morning (this time there is a sound as the engine is trying to start) and when a second person rides with me (even my daughter - combined wee are no more than 110 kilos), I can feel it does not go properly; it suddenly reduces speed and can not go with more than 20km! What a terrible motorbike! What a terrible company! No customer support, no after sales care! Do not buy, it does not worth the risk to go through what I am right now.