Westfield Health Health Cash Plans Reviews

Westfield Health Health Cash Plans - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Westfield Health Health Cash Plans

Westfield Health Health Cash Plans

“Disgusting company”

Written on: 11/11/2020 by josephinehorne (1 review written)

Westfield would not pay my claim for spectacles because the receipt was dated two weeks before I was able to claim. This was because I had to pay in advance due to Covid. Normally I would order glasses and pay upon collection but because they had to post them out, I had to pay beforehand. Westfield have informed me that my claim had been cancelled because of the date !! what difference does it make. I rang and asked when I could claim and was given a date but not told that it had to be the receipt date. The customer service was unhelpful and rude. I have now cancelled any further subscriptions with them.

“App that doesn't work, no ability to send claims in online”

Written on: 25/02/2020 by david_yorks (6 reviews written)

I recently subscribed via my Company's benefits scheme and moved to Westfield from another cash plan health provider. Wrong choice! Submitting a claim is now 10 times harder with no ability to send a claim in electronically, their App simply doesn't (& hasn't) worked for sometime based on feedback on Google Play and they are only willing to accept claims via post which erodes the value of any benefits over the year ! Customer services don't seem to have a clue, one adviser say one thing then another does something else. Based on my experiences I simply wouldn't recommend them.

“Very Poor Service”

Written on: 03/01/2020 by 345Levesque (1 review written)

I would not recommend Westfield from their appalling customer service. They claimed that a physiotherapy claim i submitted could not be fulfilled as it was a preexisting injury, there was no evidence to support this, including GP notes and medical records. They upped the prices midway through my contract, and now having cancelled have taken further payments and will not refund them.

“3 weeks trying to get my money back”

Written on: 17/11/2016 by McAllisterof469 (1 review written)

sent in an optical receipt which they would not accept ... had to send one in with my name on it .... did this ... they said they ad not received it!!!! even though they sent me the pre paid envelope ... still waiting for my money back

“Excellent Service”

Written on: 19/04/2015 by MissMuffett (1 review written)

This is a very professional company that operates a comprehensive service. However, they are like most insurers in that you need to check the section about pre-existing conditions.

“May be cheap - but doesn't pay out”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by bmMcGinnis80 (1 review written)

I am a student who needed health insurance for college , mainly to cover physiotherapy so I went with Westfield health insurance. I needed physio treatment 3 times at a cost of £34 per session (you have to pay for it then claim it back) so I sent off the claim form and waited and waited.... I then received a letter back saying the claim was put on hold as they would not pay out for any prior medical condition (which it wasn't ) a doctor would have to fill out a form they provided. The doctor filled out the form in retrospect - at a cost of £25 , which of course Westfield has said in the letter some doctors will charge for this ! I sent this off and waited and waited....... After 3 weeks I had to ring them to ask what was happening only to be told they are not going to pay out because I didn't go to the doctors before going for physiotherapy-as stated in the terms and conditions. If this claim was investigated properly the first letter should have said they were not going to pay out,not telling me to go to the doctors and pay more money out. I think this company does not value the customers who pay the basic cover , and does not evaluate each claim on its own merit. I have cancelled my cover and would not recommend Westfield health insurance to anyone.i have complained about this and got nowhere so I am writing to the financial ombudsman.

Written on: 31/07/2014

You should have read the terms of the policy before taking the policy out. So writing to the ombudsman not going to get you anywhere as by the sounds of things you did not adhere to the conditions of the policy. I don't get it why people do this to them selves. If the terms of the policy states you must get a referral then adhere to it not do whatever you want.

Girdlestone's Comment

Written on: 31/07/2014

The complaint is about Westfield health insurance not reading the claim form properly. The claim was put on hold, telling me to go to the doctors, paying out MORE money . When they knew by then I had not been to the doctors first.Also the time it has taken in dealing with this claim and the appalling customer service from the company . I have not put my self through anything , just saving other people wasting money on a bad health insurance company.

Read 2 Comments

“rubbish”

Written on: 01/08/2013

i would not recommend this company, great for basic ,claim back dental and optician costs of very little money,but once things go major this company will do its best to get out of paying

Written on: 24/05/2014

If you follow the terms and conditions of the policy then there is no reareason why they would not pay your claim. You obviously did not follow this and now are upset that a claim was not paid out.

“Excellent- highly recommended”

Written on: 11/06/2013 by TracyMcc (1 review written)

Beeen with Westfield for years and also have a private health insurance with employer. Have always found Westfield to offer excellent customer service, reasonable costs and never had any problems with claims. Great for everyday cover for optical, dental and physio etc. I would highly recommend as an affordable option and they also offer 24 hour access to a GP helpline as well as legal advice which is great.

“Awful customer services, totally ignored.”

Written on: 20/02/2013

Tried registering with this company twice online, no confirmation e-mail or phone call from company. Rang customer services and gave my customer reference numbers from online applications. Informed someone would get back to me ASAP, but this did not happen. Gave up trying to apply for a Health Cash Plan policy. Awful. Have lost qualifying time for alternative cash for health plan/company.

“Awful, Awful, Awful”

Written on: 02/07/2012

Not only are the 'customer service' agents uninformed and clearly reading from a script there seems to be little consideration of the 'customer'. I need a MRI which should be covered on my plan but instead they have refused without an adequate explanation why. I would recommend everyone to go elsewhere.

Written on: 01/04/2013

very doubt that they will just refuse with out any reasons at all. your not happy because you did not get what you wanted. there are terms and conditions and am sure they would have given you a reason

Read 1 Comment

“ok for basic stuff, but poor once things get more serious”

Written on: 20/04/2012

I receive the foresight plan through work, and top it up to a higher level myself. As a contact lens wearer - this made sense as it actually saves me money, but things are different once you start needing proper investigations. Today i went to see a consultant re a hip problem. I am paying out of my consultation benefit. all ok. However, he wants to do an MRI scan of my hip - and inject a dye in order to see things clearer. Westfield Health don't cover this! Basically, the only MRI they cover is standard ones - but even my consultant was surprised that the MRI with dye was not covered. As a result I now have to wait several months to get my MRI on the NHS. There are so many exclusions for the scans, that I am now considering taking my upgraded cover, my husband and my children off the plan, and just having the freebie level one that my employers offer. Overall - good for dentist, opticians stuff etc, but rubbish for other stuff. Advisors at the end of the phone are pretty useless too. :(

“Westfield cusrtomer care is rotten”

Written on: 27/10/2011

If your bank refuses a payment then Westfield will not just 'retry' a week later, they cancel your account and send you a letter. No phone call or confirmation required. If you don't receive the letter how do you know you're not covered? Maybe you might be going to the dentist and have a look online about how much you have left to spend. It will show you but it won't tell you that your account is closed. So you go to the dentist and end up paying for the bill yourself. Oh, so at least you found out there's a problem. Will Westfield rectify it by restarting your account without penalties. No. Not even when you suggest there are other health plans. They just don't give a monkeys. Goodbye Westfield.

Written on: 01/04/2013

ok so if you receive a letter, would you not think to ring them to find out or set up the direct debit up again? do you not check your bank account or manage your bank account well? i'm sure westfield were happy that you left to.

“Not full pmi”

Written on: 24/10/2011

not what i wanted which was full private medical insurance. This is more of a cash plan and not comprehensive by any means. May suit some but i've now taken a bupa policy to cover me in the future

hence the word/name HEALTH CASH PLAN and NOT HEALTH INSURANCE

Read 1 Comment

“I've been a member of Westfield Health for many years,...”

Written on: 18/02/2011

I've been a member of Westfield Health for many years, my wife gets cover as an employee benefit and I'm added to the plan. As the cost of the cover comes straight out of her pay.

We both work in insurance so understand annual policy limits, we make sure that glasses are purchased and dental appointments made when we have benefits left in the pot.

A really good way of getting glasses every year and our dental tretment covered.

Easy to complete claim form, just send it off with any receipts and they pay back the cost in no time at all.

An uncomplicated company offering a simple to understand plan that does what we want it to do.

Thanks Westfield.