City Link Parcel Delivery Service

City Link Parcel Delivery Service
1.2

City Link Parcel Delivery Service - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for City Link Parcel Delivery Service

“A delivery person for City Link Express has used money...”

written by AntonyTennant on 30/12/2021

A delivery person for City Link Express has used money sent to him on himself which has caused me to be charged delivery fees 3 times for the same thing. I have talked to a person from City Link Express who is still insisting that I pay this fee for the 4th time even though he has proof about money by the delivery representative working for City Link Express. I am reporting City Link Express for misconduct and will be informing the public so that are aware how City Link Express does not take responsibility for a wrong done to a customer by their delivery representatives.

“Terrible services”

written by Adkinstm445 on 09/10/2017

My packages have been lost thanks to citylink. They send your parcel without asking or checking is the address is correct or the person is staying there. To be fair, the road name is wrong but the postal code is correct and the unit number is correct. I call them and they just insist on telling me the package is send and someone have sign the packages. After a long conversation, and me reminding them the package is important to me. Then only they tell me that the rider forget where he send the packages. They also keep on pushing and dont want to answer my question. Up until now they still giving me excuse after excuses and unwillingness to settle the problem.

“GREAT SERVICE AND BANG ON TIME”

written by jimmikins on 16/12/2016

MY ITEM WAS DELIVERED EXACTLY ON TIME BY 'HERMES COURIERS' IN NORTHERN IRELAND AND AS USUAL CAME WHEN THEY SAID IT WOULD. HAVING USED THEM BEFORE I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND THE COMPANY AND THEIR DRIVERS. THANK YOU

“Worst Ever Service”

written by Kytan on 13/08/2015

The courier service is from KL to singapore. It is supposed to arrive the following day, however we waited whole day but was not delivered. Called the HQ service line in Malaysia, the call was on hold for more than 20 mins. Both me and my husband take turn to bombard the line, after trying relentless for 1 hour, finally someone picked up the call. When we asked about the expected delivery time, this guy just say it will be delivered before 5pm. This is one of the worst courier service. Based on previous experience with other courier services, the customer will be advised on a time slot, say between 2-4pm etc. If there is any delay, customer will also be informed by sms. I will definitely publish as much bad review i could in the internet. This kind of service is totally unacceptable, way beyond standard!

“I am not surprised”

written by battboy on 01/01/2015

Every delivery I had from City Link was a disaster. Waited in all day on many occasions. They always said they'd attempted delivery and a card was left, which never happened. Eventually I called the stores to see if they were using City Link. If they were I didn't order from them. They should have got rid of the bad/dishonest staff because, in the end, they have brought the company down.

“6 Out Of 7 Items Not Delivered, I'm Glad They've Gone...”

written by JakobDaley on 31/12/2014

I've had the misfortune to have had deliveries made (or attempted to be made) by this terrible company over the years. The profanity filter prevents me typing what I really think. Out of 7 items only 1 was on time, 4 were severely delayed or I had to go to the depot 30 miles away, and they lost 2 altogether. Lost items included a passport that I needed that had been to an embassy for a visa. No compensation for all the hassle of getting a new passport and renewed visa in a very short timescale, no apology, nothing.... I'm sorry for the genuinely good folk who may have worked there who are losing their jobs, but as for the rest you've really got what you deserve for both managing and staffing this terrible company into the mess it was - getting goods from A to B while giving customers good service was completely beyond Citylink for many years.

“Worst delivery company ever”

written by Joycem280 on 25/12/2014

Literally the worst delivery company in the UK. They take on way too much that they can't 'deliver' on, and they lie about the status of the delivery. Initially due to arrive on 17th December, nothing showed up, after repeatedly calling,no one in customer services could tell me when they thought it would be delivered. Ended up having to collect from depot myself so don't know why I paid for delivery. I have no idea why so many large UK retailers use them when they are so rubbish and it has a negative reflection on them too as a result. Would never knowingly use them - absolute rubbish with no remorse for stress caused especially around Christmas time.

“CityLink Courier services are awful”

written by Reesef422 on 22/12/2014

CityLink was used to deliver a parcel through Amazon. They have 3 times claimed they tried to deliver the parcel and failed, leaving the card. I did not leave the house and no card was left. Not only is the service dreadful, but they lie too.

“lost but didn't want to own up”

written by DestineeWells on 22/12/2014

the delivery date came & went, nothing changed on the online status, said they were going to deliver a week in the past. Got supplier to chase them up and they said they'd lost it. Apparently they weren't going to tell anyone unless they were chased. Whether they'd really lost it or just hadn't bothered to deliver & didn't want to say, I can't tell. There's nothing in this experience that would lead me to trust them or anything they say.

“Awful”

written by on 20/12/2014

Delivery was dueue yesterday, had to wait at home for it when around 4 I checked online and it said the courier attempted a delivery and left a note, rung them up and queried it, parcel turned up 2 hours later, most useless company.

“City Link don't give a damn - Awful service”

written by WinnernotMichael on 18/12/2014

I purchased an item on E Bay and the seller (100 per cent feed back rating) arranged for a guaranteed next day delivery through Parcel Monkey. City Link were the contracted carrier. The City Link website gave an estimated delivery time between 12.30 and 14.30 pm. However Parcel Monkey advised that the delivery could come between 7.30 am and 17.30. So as not to miss the delivery I therefore waited in all day but the parcel never arrived. At 17.30 I telephoned City Link and the responsible depot's (Ashford) phones were down (for 3 days now!) so I got through to a call centre in Milton Keynes. I was told that the delivery would definitely come but that I would need to wait until 8 pm because the driver was running late during the busy Christmas period. I waited in and missed a children's advent service that I was looking forward to. During that time I telephoned 3 more times - kept getting cut off on the phone line - and was told the delivery would happen. At 19.55 I was told that the driver could not find the address (nor apparently could he find or deliver to 3 other addresses in my town). I have never had that issue in the 7 years that I have lived here. I live close to Bexhill town centre with easy parking. The call centre operator advised that the driver had gone home and that a delivery would be arranged for the following day. I also asked to speak with the depot manager and was assured of a call back - that has not happened. Yesterday I waited in for another day and was advised on the website that delivery would be made between a 2 hour window. That did not happen and the delivery never came. I waited in all day. I telephoned the City Link call centre at least 6 times yesterday - each phone call takes an age in order to get through to speak to someone. I was still assured each time that the parcel was out for delivery and would be delivered. Again I asked to speak to a manager and was assured of one contacting me. The driver was urgently requested to phone me and provide an update of his progress. That didn't happen. I was told around 6 pm by a call centre operator that during these busy times some parcels which are down for delivery do not even get loaded onto the delivery van - they get mislaid. The delivery is now being arranged for yet another day - tomorrow. Day 3 today and I still do not have the parcel. The automated phone line is telling me that several failed delivery attempts have been made and that I will need to go to Ashford (a 2 hour drive) to collect the parcel. This is utter nonsense - no cards from City Link through the door and I have been here all the time. That is adding insult to injury. In summary all the assurances given were without any foundation except that they hide the appalling customer service. I have zilch confidence in this company and it is obvious - regardless of this being 10 days before Christmas - this company do not give a damn. It is like treating customer with utter contempt and disregard. City Link obviously have no systems in place to deal with the increased demand at this time and are taking on extra work without any intention of fulfilling their contracted obligations. I could live with a delivery not being made for whatever reason. However to keep me waiting in for 2 days and now for a further day with constant assurances that the delivery would be made is the worst way to treat a customer. I do not believe anything City Link say now and I will avoid this company at all cost in the future. I still do not know where my delivery is - It cost me £200 and so far 2 days wasted with horrible stress as a result. Do not give City Link your custom and if you do you do so at your peril!

“City Link don't give a damn - Awful service”

written by WinnernotMichael on 18/12/2014

“Never use city-link ”

written by Coynehy413 on 16/12/2014

I have had four deliveries from city-link and 3 out of the 4 deliveries the driver said he tried to deliver and there was no answer despite me being home on all occassions and that a card was left (also not true) when i called to complain i was told if i wanted my parcel that day i would have to got collect from depot after 7pm as they could not contact driver. When i checked my tracking it said delivery between 12pm-2pm, I checked at 2.15pm and it said driver running late, checked again at 2.30pm and it said driver attempted delivery at 1.45pm and card was left. I called wilkinsons who the parcel was from to let them know and city-link told them they must have tried to deliver to wrong address. Poor service and customer service not interested in helping. NEVER AGAIN.

“Rubbish customer service”

written by Zanderh1991 on 15/12/2014

Cannot believe how bad this company's customer service is. After the first delivery attempt I rearranged a new delivery date for the following weekthrough their automated system as you cannot speak to anyone or email them. However when I arrived home the next night had a card left by city link to say that as they had tried to deliver twice I now had to collect my parcels - a round trip of 30 miles. I completed a complaint form online and asked them to call me immediately however 3 days later still no call and I have completed 3 complaints! Fortunately the company I bought the gifts from has said they will arrange delivery however I will always try and avoid any company using this courier company in future

“Absolutely shocking!”

written by eeKlein404 on 15/12/2014

I was waiting on a parcel to be delivered and my delivery date was the 13th December and it came on the 12th and I wasn't in so the delivery Man left it at my front door in the pouring rain and the box is soaked right through! Totally unacceptable, anyone could have taken it.

“Diabolical Service from City Link Again!”

written by MarinBaxter9 on 14/12/2014

We were in our house at the City Link driver's alleged time of delivery and we heard nothing and no card was left. This was the response by Customer Care: "When I received your email, I checked our records to find out what happened. From the notes, I can see that the driver tried to deliver your package twice to your address. In situations like this, we ask our drivers to leave a card and he tells me that he did leave a card in your door. I am afraid you will now have to collect your goods from your local depot." When I tried to reply to Mr Noble's e-mail, their system would not allow me! Their 'local' depot is 70 miles away (Plymouth)! In future, I will check with all on-line sellers (Amazon, Ebay, etc) and if they use City Link I will take my business elsewhere. Their system is too easy for drivers/couriers to tell their Depot office that there was 'no one in' and 'I left a card', so they can simply deposit parcels back at the depot instead of simply doing the job that they are paid to do!

“Fine for me.”

written by TjExcalibur on 13/12/2014

Ordered from Amazon on Thursday, paid £3.50 for 2nd class delivery, expected Monday as they stated but arrived Saturday.

“The worst company I'v ever seen”

written by AsaadAbdulredha on 12/12/2014

Not only bad but lier!!!!!!! I Paid 13 pounds to collect an item to return it to ebay. I took a day off and waited for the driver.the big surprise......!!!the driver refused to collect the item as his van was full ((as he said)) although i already put the package measurements when requested the collection.what else????they sent me an email saying your package was not ready for collection!!!!!!!!then recollection was arranged for six consecutive days and after waiting from 8to 6 no one came.they are the worst company I'v ever seen.please,do not waist your money .

“How many days off work?”

written by livingstonebell on 12/12/2014

Did I know it was coming? No Could I alter the date/time? No Could I speak to a real person? No Could I get a specified delivery slot? No Do I have my parcel yet? No How many days have I had to take off work? 3 before I sent it back to sender. It comes as no great surprise that Argos use this company as it matches their customer service.

“useless company”

written by SariahSheehan382 on 12/12/2014

I have never come across such a useless and incompetent company. What is the point of scheduling deliveries as the drivers do not turn up, instead they either lose your parcel or return it to sender regardless. The customer service department are as useless phone calls do not get returned or emails. How this company is still in business is beyond me, i wouldn't even admit to working for this company either.

Asked by cerysadams on 20th November 2014 Report this content
Does anyone know what City link's financial position is? Just that we were thinking about using them for some of our awkward freight but people are telling us that they are either going to shut or be sold. We don't want to be in the middle of a merger because that's why we left them last time.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Answers (4)
Report this content SimonJStuart Written on: 20/11/2014
Steer well clear of City Link. It is infinitely more likely that they are being shut down than sold, because nobody would buy a business whose insurance premium must surely exceed the GDP of the entire Western World by now. They are incapable of providing a prompt and honest service, respond rudely to customer complaints, and cast a pall over any company who engages their disservice. Do yourself a favour... find a better courier service! Personally, I recommend DPD. If you're still considering City Link, might I suggest you try attaching your deliveries to weather balloons and loose them into the prevailing winds? They stand more chance of actually reaching their destination that way!
Report this content JulianSw Written on: 20/11/2014
Well going by their service I wouldn't use them anyway, Use Interlink or DPD, they are far more reliable, real time tracking and keep to their word.
Report this content LAURIE41 Written on: 20/11/2014
As a receiver of parcels I shudder when I am told they are coming by City Link, if a company tells me they use City Link I don't order from them My experiences of them are woeful my major complaint was when I payed for an overnight delivery for something I wanted on a Saturday morning it hadn't arrived by 12 o'clock so I looked on their website and they claimed to have tried to deliver at 11-55 this was entered as the offices closed at 12-00 and therefore I was unable to contact anyone. The driver obviously ran out of time and just filled in his paperwork. I had to leave my house at 13-00 to go up north the item turned up at 16-00 and my neighbour took it in but it was too late Keep CLEAR
Report this content Rosco7010 Written on: 21/11/2014
Customer service awlful. They are owned by the guy who tried to buy MG Rover, John Moulton, not a problem in that. However, he has a major job on his hands to both improve customer service and also reduce costs. They were sold by Rentokil Initial last year I think as a pool performing subsidiary. The move by Amazon to start doing its own deliveries is going to seriously shake up this industry, and I expect a few mergers, buyouts and failures. City Link have to be high on that list. As per below, DPD would be my recommendation, even if price wise they are a bit more.