123-Reg - www.123-reg.co.uk Reviews

Summary

Note from Review Centre: In July 2013, 123-reg was bought out by a Private Equity Firm, Cinven.
123-Reg - www.123-reg.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for 123-Reg - www.123-reg.co.uk

“From Good to Very Bad”

Written on: 29/01/2022 by PIRob (1 review written)

They changed a long term package on hosting an email to hike up the cost, well ok but it resulted in service issues. You may be very clear about what you require and they take the money, then they trash your website forwarding because they cannot be bothered to read you requirements and look at your account. I used to think they were great, now they are costing my business a shed load of money. They need to take customer care seriously, read, understand, advise then act. That is professionalism! Skim content and act is disastrous, they have got good at that.

“Buying a domain from 123 Reg is a pain in the ....”

Written on: 20/10/2017 by Thompsonca6 (1 review written)

Tried to buy domain names but was unable to do so. Low prices were bumped up five-fold if purchased for more that one year and the entire process was like booking a 'budget airline flight' with the company desperate to add extras to take the initial sale to many times the advertised price. Finally I was unable to pay and received HTTP 403 Forbidden message. The whole thing was a total pain.

Written on: 07/11/2017

Hello,

I am really sorry to hear that you experienced problems when purchasing your domain name. It sounds like there may have a temporary error on the website, which unfortunately can happen occasionally. Please be assured that whenever an issue does occur on our website we do strive to make sure this is fixed as quickly as possible.

In regards to the pricing, we do not routinely charge more for longer domain name registration periods, however, if the particular extension you were purchasing had a special offer for the first years registration at a discounted cost, additional years would have been charged at the standard price. We always aim to make the pricing of our products clear to our customers at all times. If you do have any outstanding issues I would be happy to have these looked into for you.

Kind Regards.

Nerys - 123 Reg

Read 1 Comment

“I AM SO angry with this company. First on 2012 they...”

Written on: 02/10/2017 by mgd121314mgd (1 review written)

I AM SO angry with this company. First on 2012 they charged me and few months after i called and cancelled with them and second year which was 2013 they took another payment and now today 12th October 2017 after 4 and half year of not using that Domain name they have taken money again . I am warning people not to go near this company and wish they burn in hell for cheating an unemployed person and they refuse to pay me back as i have not used their services since 2013 . And all those who have used this company and do not want their services anymore make sure that you let your credit card or paypal know so that they stop paying these people who do this knowingly to poor people .

“Commercially corrupt and obstructive ”

Written on: 20/05/2017 by Griffith469 (1 review written)

I have had a domain nae and web site hosted by them for years the web site trading as web fusion In 2016 they took payment from my credit card without my authority. They would not respond to any correspondence even when sent by recorded delivery. I then found that my web site was not being hosted at all. They said it as because my domain name had expired and that was a temperate company, 123-Reg. But the payment to web fusion was taken by 123-reg. I have spent ten months pursuing this matter and have finally got the payment refunded by my credit card company. I have never dealt with a more obstructive company in my life.

Written on: 08/06/2017

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you have had difficulties and that these have taken longer to resolve than you, and we, would like. Without having details of the account I cannot comment on what exactly has happened on the account, however if you could supply the domain name to myself I would be more than happy to investigate and find out why there was a delay in resolving your issue and also to make sure that you do not have any further issues you require assistance with.

123 Reg

Utnf4536Ks's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2017

I know the pain you have gone through and wish Hitler was alive to deal with such son of bitc----es . This is why everyone come to this country because they do what they like and there is no one to help you . STAY AWAY FROM THIS DAYLIGHT ROBBERS .

Read 2 Comments

“Terrible company”

Written on: 21/01/2017 by Boilercheck (1 review written)

Sold my domain and ignored my emails regarding payment and then they send me to another domain company saying I can buy it back from them at 3 times the price very corrupt company would not advise any one to use this company for anything.

“Go to another provider who has a support function”

Written on: 16/10/2016 by Ashlynw161 (1 review written)

Hurrendous. The support team provides a 'how to' guide with the exception of one excellent employee,and trust me I have spoken to a lot, the rest do not get back to you and when they do they just send you a link to the FAQ. Having spent many years in marketing dealing with web hosting folks I have never ever exeprienced a shambollic support service such as this. You could get a job there as support. Copy and paste a link and you are done!

“Great support - problem solved”

Written on: 27/07/2016 by SeanJohnston (1 review written)

I was having a real problem with updating files on the website and my usual contact could not sort. Went on to the 123 online chat and had a really helpful agent who was able to identify a problem with the permissions. Soon had it sorted. Great service.

“Quick to Address”

Written on: 20/05/2016 by William289 (1 review written)

Very pleased with the overall service. Quick to respond to any issues as well as having lots of helpful easy to follow guides on all matter of related topics.

“Taking money - No notifications / reminders”

Written on: 05/05/2016 by Browne68 (1 review written)

So within the last 10 days £121 has been taken from my account. I received a reminder that a number of domains were due for renewal the morning the money was taken and nothing prior to this. I then spoke with a person from customer service who claimed this was my mistake and error. Sorry but taking the money at 3am and sending the reminder at 6am is pretty impossible to resolve / prevent. I then checked my bank account this morning expecting money in from a customer to see another £22.78 taken from my account. No reminder, no invoice, not even logged on their system yet the bank statement shows it is them. Seriously starting to lose my patience with this company, i used to praise them.. Seems since they deleted 100's of websites they have have gone downhill and extremely fast at that! Think i'll be moving my domains over to fasthosts in future who i have dealings with and they are very helpful.

Written on: 12/05/2016

Hello,

I am really sorry to hear that services have renewed which you didn't wish to. I can confirm that we do send out renewal reminders, prior to the renewal and invoices once the domain name has been renewed. I would really like to have a look into this account and have a check on these emails. I will also be happy to have a look into the renewals and hep you resolve these.

If you can let me know a ticket ID or a domain name I will be in touch.

“Good help”

Written on: 23/04/2016 by Newton491 (1 review written)

I was stuck. not able to get access to my webhosting. He helped me out. now it's all fine thanks Alassane

“account access”

Written on: 10/04/2016 by Pattersontu352 (1 review written)

He was helpful and assisted me on recovering the access to my control panel. perfect 10 !

“Good value for money service for a VPS”

Written on: 07/04/2016 by flAndersen216 (1 review written)

On the whole, I'm happy with the service I get from 123. If I paid a little more (like with other VPS's), then I'm sure there would be even better support and management of my server from 123. However, I find that if requested, 123 do fulfill most requests. It does seem to take time to get to the answers that I need, however, this is most likely due to my lack of server knowledge and no fault of 123 I've no reason to change my server choice at the moment, and if I did I would most likely upgrade with 123 for convenience and to have the server managed for me.

“Thanks ”

Written on: 01/04/2016 by LandynBenson208 (1 review written)

Really helpful support, he is a credit to the team :)

“Dysfunctional company”

Written on: 30/03/2016 by kokomorbt (7 reviews written)

Moving a client's domain to another Registrar. 123-Reg actioned their part of the move, then emailed me when the move was complete telling me if I had any problem I should log in to my account to update the ticket. The next day I discovered that my email address is still live in their system and causing problems, so I tried to login only to discover they had automatically disabled my account when the move occurred. How can I login to report a problem with a domain move when moving a domain automatically disables the account???

“Slow Support with no idea what to do”

Written on: 15/03/2016 by AngieGriffin-Alt458 (1 review written)

I haven't used them for hosting and wouldn't dare to, I contacted support (live support first) just to unlock a domain, This couldn't be done via live support who "escalated it" 24 hours later, live support just asks me to wait, i have used other hosting companies who reply within 30 minutes to support queries, and this is just rediculous

Written on: 15/03/2016

Hello,

My name is Nerys and I work here at 123-reg.

I am really sorry to hear that your issue was not resolved when you first contacted the support team, we do solve most problems in the fist contact, however there are occasions when we need to do a little extra work and they do need to be sent to a different team, to deal with, which can take a little longer.

If you could let me know your chat ID or ticket number I would be happy to have a look into this for you and check on the progress.

Read 1 Comment

“Please read this before you use 123 reg”

Written on: 07/03/2016 by AdriannaBenton (1 review written)

I signed up with 123 reg shared hosting around three months ago and I would like to share my objective experience of the company. I am a freelance web designer and I hosted my own business site and 8 of my portfolio sites with this company. The sales team, as you would expect, are very friendly and helpful but i'm afraid the good standard of service stops at the point of sale. A constant problem for me was slow website loading times - sometimes my sites would take in excess of 20 seconds to load and often they wouldn't load at all (my websites use all of the recognized optimization techniques). The customer support is nothing short of appalling; very few of the customer support team have much technical knowledge, I was blatantly given the wrong information three times (costing me time and money) - yet oddly I seemed to get an arrogant, cocky and condescending attitude from them. I called around ten times during my time with 123 reg and I spoke to one good advisor. When I used their live chat facility I had to wait nearly ten minutes for each message to be answered in the conversation. Support tickets take up to four days to be answered and even then I just got basic responses as they just don’t understand/appreciate the question. They offer 30 day free trial of a so called SEO optimization package. I thought I would sign up as nothing to lose and always after good advice. The initial scan of my website claimed I had no contact form. This claim came as surprise to myself (the web programmer) and the potential clients that use it! According to the scan my so called SEO score was very low. I know this is not a true representation as I have good knowledge of SEO techniques and factors that are likely to influence organic SEO performance in the major search engines. I find it likely that this scan deliberately doesn't give a good indication of your sites potential SEO performance as 123 reg want you to subscribe to their 'optimization package'.. A scan of your website can only give you half a picture anyway - real SEO is about long term strategy and I'm afraid the major search engines are constantly changing their parameters. I finally moved my sites over to a hosting package with another company (a similar price and also shared servers) and my websites perform really well. I had a problem with this hosting company at first but they were on the ball and quick to put it right. Unfortunately, things do go wrong in this world. No system, especially an IT system, is infallible. It's how things are put right that counts - this is true measure of a company's performance. The last three months has been a sharp learning curve for me. Please consider your options carefully when choosing a hosting company - especially if you are hosting business websites. Ask and look for actual objective performance data before you sign up - I'm afraid a few reviews saying "great service" and “reliable” really doesn’t cut it.

Written on: 11/03/2016

Hello,

My name is Nerys and I work here at 123-reg. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. All feedback we receive is really important to us.

I am really sorry to hear that you experienced some problems with using our products. We really want all of our services to meet our customers' needs. To help us understand the problems you experienced with your hosting package I would like to be able to look into your account in some more detail. If you can provide a ticket ID or domain name you had with 123-reg I can get in touch with you and start finding out what has happened.

In regards to the Search Engine Optimiser we offer, I would like to assure you that the tool, and free trial, is offered in good faith. Within the results you are shown for the scan you will receive scan results specific to your particular website and also some general advice, which is applicable to everyone in their SEO efforts. The contact form is one of these general pieces of advice, which is why you were shown this. As a user of the product it would be great if we could have some further discussions with you about your experience. If you do wish to provide some details I will be touch with you.

123-reg

Read 1 Comment

“OK until the price hike”

Written on: 29/02/2016 by d.head (1 review written)

123 were OK, I could have saved a little by using a different registrar - until 2016 when they doubled 2 year renewal cost for a .co.uk (was £8.38, now £16.78). 123reg will be paying nominet £6 (inc VAT) for that and will take a profit of £10.78 a 180% markup!

D.head's Response to d.head's Review

Written on: 15/03/2016

Nominet fees increased March 2016 so the cost to 123reg for 2 years will now be £9 inc VAT - a 50% increase still doesn't justify 123reg 100% increase

“Best support experience”

Written on: 13/01/2016 by Adity (1 review written)

I am really amazed & pleased with the support of 123-Reg. They give support instantly without any annoying behavior. Best support experience ever. Thanks a lot Cezar :)

“More intuitive than many hosters with good tech support”

Written on: 12/01/2016 by Rothvy226 (1 review written)

I have used several hosting companies for my own private email & website, and have experience of many through my day job as a web designer / project manager, and the quality service generally runs from terrible through to ok. 123-Reg were recommended to me because their control panel is intuitive, so most users of average technical knowledge would know where to go for which functionality, and how to make changes. This is true for the most part, and for those items which require a little more technical knowledge, the tech support team are there to help via online chat or email. I recently needed to downgrade my hosting, which required backing-up my website & database, and then re-installing that backup into a new hosting package. 123-reg were there to help every step of the way. I'm very happy!

“getting better all the time”

Written on: 06/01/2016 by AliyahO'Leary (1 review written)

I have had my issues with 123-reg but when it comes to support for their hosting packages I have no complaints at all