OneAndOne www.oneandone.co.uk Reviews

OneAndOne www.oneandone.co.uk
0.9

OneAndOne www.oneandone.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for OneAndOne www.oneandone.co.uk

“Customer Service from the Bottom Drawer”

written by KatelynMorales on 11/08/2015

Oneandone customer service is probably the worst I have come across - in any field, let alone web hosting. Invoices arrive after their billing date and price rises happen without notification. The response of Oneandone customer service has always been to be insulting and explain how I, as a customer, have been negligent. Indeed, customer service is a misnomer as far as Oneandone goes. I have remained loyal to Oneandone for thirteen years, but today they lost me as a customer. The package that I have used has not had too many problems, but that is as positive as I can be about this company.

“Don't!”

written by on 12/06/2012

I have hosted several websites with 1&1 over many years and, over the last two, have experienced a marked decline in standards. Their support people are in Jakarta and it is rare to speak to the same one twice, or for any of them to take personal control of an issue. I am confident that many simply fob you off with comments such as 'I will escalate this issue', which invariably means that you put the phone down and nothing happens. There are too many hopeless examples of their ineptitude to mention here but one broke the camel's back, when all of my sites disappeared for five full days. At that point I moved elsewhere, which was a costly and time consuming exercise but means now that I get real support, usually within minutes instead of days, as was the case with 1&1. If you're tempted by their whizzo promotional stuff, take a step back and imagine what it's like to be completely alone when things go wrong. That's how it is, believe me. They are impersonal, appear to care little about customer service and frequently answer questions that you didn't ask just to tick the box showing that they responded. It really is like banging your head against a wall - don't bother is my advice.

“1and1 - is this legalised robbery?”

written by on 28/11/2011

As so many others have done I made the mistake of trying the free trial. I went for the basic web package but then found it wasn't, suitable so I upgraded to the next one up. Meanwhile my emails died as it was so difficult to setup that everything went pear shape. I gave in with their lack of technical assistance and cancelled within 1 day the free trials. I phoned them, I emailed them sent an email to the complaints department. They of course never responded. Low and behold I am now being charged for a full contract for a service that was cancelled. They ignore everything and only want the money. I know when I cancel my direct debits they will send the amount to their collection agency who are just as crooked. Well this time they can blacklist me. I am not going to be ripped of any more by these thieving gits. I will see them in court. I will complain to every watch body and organisation. We have to take a stand. Bring it on!

“Charged me for a free trial”

written by elinsommer on 21/09/2011

Awful (non-existing customer service). Nobody accountable. Offer free trial, then try to charge me over £500. Sent my "debt" to collection agency. Why n ot read the full, and ongoing story here: http://1and1internetcomplaints.blogspot.com/

Ndtnorthwest1's Response to elinsommer's Review

Written on: 22/09/2011

Not the best of service. I like your blog logging all the contact with one and one and like you say the dates just didn't allow for 14 days to cancel.

I don't think they would have a leg to stand on if they tried to pursue through the courts.

Try a decent host.

Best Wishes
Lee

“Avoid 1&1 like the plague....”

written by gh101 on 10/09/2011

I have never encountered customer support more frustrating or moronic than 1&1's. I've spent the past few days engaging with customer support over what should be a very simple task. The only responses I've been receiving are links to FAQ sections and what look like canned emails with my name inserted at the top. No matter how clear I have made it for these people, they still don't read or try to understand the problem. They are unbelievably vexing. On another point, their admin area is extremely fiddly and stupidly slow to navigate through. Although their prices are fairly low, the stress caused by a) using their website and b) dealing with their staff, far outweighs any saving made. I am currently in the process of moving EVERYTHING away from 1&1 to another registrar at greater expense.

“Don't touch them unless you want to waste a lot of...”

written by pete100 on 29/06/2011

Got fed up with the poor service and support (always overseas call centres sometimes good often bad) and couldn't provide some basic features I needed for my new website. I wanted to migrate and ignored my requests repeatedly, then suspended service and only when I went to nominet were they released. Pain in the butt to deal with.

“Shop around, anywhere else in fact”

written by on 02/06/2011

Sorry but the only people I think who review 1&1 with 5 stars should go back to their day job. I have worked in the IT industry for over 12 years and have several hosting providers in place and running. Oneandone (UK) rate themselves as the best for customer service and pricing, I rate them incredibly low and am still in constant discussion as they try to put things right. It has taken me 2 years to finally get 1&1 to switch my business package (20Mb webspace & 2 MySQL databases for £242 per year) to just a domain name package (one .Com @ £8 a year). They kept saying just use our custom web panel to do this. It never worked and when I'd write in they'd ignore me for several weeks and then reply with the same suggestion. My other providers use various methods to communicate with their customers especially online chat features which have always won me over. They have since revamped their interface and just when I was about to leave and arrange to sue for undelivered services, they have finally fixed the problem. 2 years of torment is not nothing. It is unacceptable how they treat their customers and I highly suspect any positive comments to be biased.

“" Cloud Hosting ? It seems like everyone is talking...”

written by on 15/11/2010

" Cloud Hosting ? It seems like everyone is talking about the wonder of cloud hosting. UnlimitedGB.com hosting provider Introduced Cloud Hosting. great service and support.It is very happy to work with such a strong proponent like unlimitedgb.com now my site is working clearly. "

“ ”

written by on 19/10/2010

Unlimitedgb is incredible to us..I honestly thought that I would never be able to afford my own site. It is always a little scary ordering over the web hosting companies like ONEANDONE, but I am so glad that I took a chance on unlimitedgb.com!"

“We are a web design company in the UK (we also sell...”

written by citynumbers on 09/03/2010

We are a web design company in the UK (we also sell phone numbers) and our hosted servdr with Oneandone internet was due to go down for some planned maintenance last night. 7 Hours after it should have been fixed we are still without internet. When i speak to their customer service team(if you can call them that!) we get nowhere at all. NO SLA, no sorry just we are working on it.

I have even tried to escalate the issue but they have no managers!!!! I have tried to speak to the chairmans office and asked for a Director by name but no joy.

I would never - EVER recommend this hosting company even to my worst enimy!

If you ever have a problem with them good luck in getting it fixed. Oh any you will spend hours on their 0871 number costing you about 10p per minute.

“The OneAndOne contract says you have to cancel two...”

written by mmoncrieff on 03/07/2009

The OneAndOne contract says you have to cancel two weeks in advance yet they send invoice out after deadline! Couldn't get online cancellation service to work and couldn't get anyone to respond to emails. I was instead referred to debt collection agency requesting penalty payment as well as year's payment. Rubbish! Still arguing...

“I am very unhappy with the support, in the end I had...”

written by on 03/01/2009

I am very unhappy with the support, in the end I had to give up. I lost my domain and business through 1and1. LI do not recommend oneandone.co.uk web hosting company. Net mags reviews well phooey, they mean nothing whatsoever for me personally.

“I ran my domain for two years then things went...”

written by boogiemoog on 02/01/2009

I ran my domain for two years then things went pearshaped and then they were totally unhelpful. Long telephone calls and their side hanging up when they didn't have a clue what was happening then they suspended my account whilst I was in hospital. Absolutely none whatsoever. Oh yes the billing spot on time as always they knew when to charge. Continous downtime theft of domain and poor customer service.

“Robust online management system ”

written by togun09 on 29/12/2008

Robust online management system
Customer service can be sometimes unhelpful in my experience, I believe, not based in the same country as the user it seems. Also the customer service do not know as much about the services as I would expect as far as I am concerned.

I have used 1and1 for over 3 years with 11 domains registered or transferred. I have had in total 6 issues of which 3 were serious. However, I do still recommend one and one web hosting.

“I do not recommend OneandOne even if it is a cheap web...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by on 28/03/2008

I do not recommend OneandOne even if it is a cheap web hosting company. It's probably cheap for a reason. After having the misfortune of hosting several sites with them on various hosting packages I am continuing to experience loads of downtime without any warning as far as I am concerned. I only notice when i am trying to connect to my server and cant, then i look at all my sits and they are down. For the umpteenth time!

When I phone support they refuse to put me through to the complaints department. When I finally get a reply back to my complaint via email they offer a 1 months free hosting which barely covers 1 days worth of lost ppc costs in my opinion for my company when my sites are inaccessible.

“As far as I am concerned having an entire server to...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by on 18/03/2008

As far as I am concerned having an entire server to "go down" with 100s of sites on it for two days without any idea on how long it will take to fix it is quite poor, I do not recommend www.oneandone.co.uk.

“Usually bullet proof, hard to deal with when I do get...”

written by on 12/03/2008

Usually bullet proof, hard to deal with when I do get a problem as far as I am concerned.

I like the admin user interface and most of the time it is bang on but for someone trying to host a php/mysql site with their stupid remote sql database loading it can get a bit frustrating.

I am thinking of buying a dedicated box from them for wore use but if they cant keep my hobby gaming website up what chance have they got with a proper one.

“I can't really think of any good points, oh yes they...”

written by pgjl on 15/02/2008

I can't really think of any good points, oh yes they are cheap and their billing is spot on, they always bill you on time.

I do not recommend OneAndOne. As far as I am concerned their customer service was extremely unhelpful in my experience. System is constantly going down!

“Always online when I have tried, the only bad point...”

written by on 06/02/2008

Always online when I have tried, the only bad point for me is OneAndOne rules and regs, but this is expected. Therefore, dont have a problem with them as they have always given good service, well recommend this web hosting company.

“It seems some of the reviewers want an awful lot for...”

written by Werner Schulz on 06/12/2007

It seems some of the reviewers want an awful lot for peanuts. My own experience is good. My site: www.food-excellence.com has been with 1&1 for over four years - without regret. I use their (free) website creator to upload images etc to my site and everything runs smooth and efficient. Access to the site is fast and I can upload NEWS in minutes from anywhere.
Having said all that a little tweaking would make the wscreator an even better visual interface. A happy foodie...