Opodo Reviews - www.opodo.com

Opodo www.opodo.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Opodo www.opodo.com

Opodo www.opodo.com

“Worst Experience dealing with flight booking and...”

Written on: 25/07/2022 by Sobbohi (2 reviews written)

They are the worst company to deal with. They suggest that I wait 50 minutes until I am able to speak to an agent. I have cancelled a flight, apart from taking money off, they suggest that I should wait for 3 months to get my refund. However, they take less than 1 minute to take the money from my account. Please avoid these Charlatans at any cost, if you value your sanity. A pathetic, disgusting and disgraceful organisation to deal with.

“Avoid at any cost!”

Written on: 26/05/2022 by Corcorantz73 (1 review written)

The most terrible holiday experience we had: our flight was delayed, so me and my pregnant wife couldn't pick up the car we rented for Palma de Mallorca. They told us we cannot get a refund. Please keep away!

“Still awaiting refund ”

Written on: 21/05/2022

Our flights due in May 2020 were cancelled due to COVID. Still haven't received refund. Have sent numerous phone calls, live chat and emails. In January 2022 was told that replacement flight tickets which were issued to us had expired on 31 Dec 2021. Another request to Thai Airways was supposed to have been done on 7Jan 2022 and told to wait another 90 days. Phoned again in April someone was going to investigate and call me back. No surprises no call or email. Called them again today still no response from airlines .Told me to go on customer care.opodo.com to complete a claim form but whatever reason you enter i.e refund or general enquiry it just gives you a link to the my booking page. I really think I will never receive my money back ,going to try the small claims court next week. Genuinely wish I had booked direct with airline. Customer service from Opodo is the worst I have ever encountered. .

“The most stressful, rubbish travel experience EVER!!!!”

Written on: 16/05/2022 by TheCanoeMan (1 review written)

The most stressful, rubbish travel experience EVER!!! Have had to book the same flight 3 times now!! Due to their atrocious customer service and communication. Once this is over will never use them again!!

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 22/12/2021 by DLister (1 review written)

We are extremely disappointed in the lack of actions Opodo staff took when we attempted to reschedule our flights to Australia, leaving on 12 Dec. We had already checked-in and we needed to be unloaded from the flight. An Opodo agent told us that they would do this and that we should be able to get vouchers from BA to use to reschedule our flight. We would receive an email about this in 24 hr. No email arrived. Another call to Opodo 3 days later also told us we would receive an email within 2 days. No email arrived. Eventually we rang Opodo again 10 days after our flight had been due to leave to find that we had not been removed from our outward flight had been recorded by BA as a 'no show'. We have lost the money for those flights. Earlier on we were also told by Opodo that our return tickets would be turned into open tickets. But then this isn't the case either. When I try to alter my return ticket, it says: 'We're sorry, this airline's fare conditions don't allow modifications for this booking.' More lost money. The customer service is appalling and there is no way to speak to someone higher up. Over the past 11 days we feel that we have been fobbed off in numerous phonecalls. We will never use Opodo again and we would advise no one else to. Use it to search for good flight combinations, but then book directly with the airlines. Up until now we had been loyal Opodo customers for many years.

“Return flight cancelled, took quite some time to...”

Written on: 25/11/2021 by GolfBitch1970 (1 review written)

Return flight cancelled, took quite some time to contact Opodo to reschedule, as phone lines constantly not answered or on hold for too long, so had to resort to online chat. Despite have a chat manuscript with their agent of the agreed revised flight the agent booked a completely different flight. We've gone from a return journey of around 12 hrs to one of 34 hours! They won’t accept they have messed up and refuse to rebook the flight for us. Spent hours on phone calls and online chat and got absolutely nowhere. Have been forced to book an alternative return flight with a different carrier so now considerably out of pocket. Will never use this company they have no regard for their customers. Absolutely shocking behaviour and wish I'd done some homework on them before booking! Save yourself a lot of pain and displeasure and stay clear of them! If I could have rated them zero I would have.

“Never book with Opodo or eDreams”

Written on: 26/10/2021 by Ashchf (1 review written)

In Jan 2020 I booked a flight through Opodo for May 2020, which was cancelled due to Covid-19. Since then I have had a sparse series of contradictory messages from Opodo, saying that they're working on a refund and I just have to sit and wait, but each time the timeline is different, sometimes they say I never requested a refund at all, and so on. I've chased them many times by email but most don't get a response, even after a year. In the meantime Opodo and eDreams have retrospectively changed the wording on their T&Cs page (without telling me), adding extra wording about how they're not responsible. Never book anything with Opodo or eDreams.

“Will Opodo ever pay my refund ”

Written on: 25/10/2021 by Lolade73 (1 review written)

I really don't know where to start with Opodo, their customer service team got intouch apologising for the delay in getting the rest of my refund after reading my review about them and promised they will investigate the case. I am still waiting my refund and they have also given me the silence treatment despite the airline sending confirmation evidence to me copying them (Opodo) that they have approved the refund and all Opodo needs to do is to request the money in other for my refund to get paid into my account. I think that Opodo"s refund team find delight in purnishing their customers and have no regard for their customers's feeling at all. They enjoy holding back vital information that allows smooth refund process and send automated false messages saying that they have either paid the money they are owning you or they are not owning you at all. I won't be surprised that after reading this review . I will receive a mail from Opodo saying they are investigating my matter and I should give them 5 to 7 working days to solve or look into the issue raised. The fact is that they have investigated my matter and found that there is nothing to investigate except they do not want to refund my money despite the airline sending them a mail to process my refund. This is what they have been doing to vast majority of their customers in my situation and they will continue to do so. I only wish they will ever give me the money they own me.

“Never ever book with this company”

Written on: 04/06/2021 by Kumerk1980 (1 review written)

I can't give less than that as there is no option. Plz avoid this company. If there is only one seat left on this planet and you are desperate to travel and u hv only opodo offering last ticket ,Please don't buy it start walking towards ur destination. You will the happiest person on this planet for ur decision. They hv no policy of refund

“This service is terrible.”

Written on: 05/03/2021 by Martinez5002 (1 review written)

You're probably thinking as you see countless bad reviews and wanting to find a good website to buy a holiday from, it can't be that bad, can it? Yes, it can. This service is awful. And if you have any issues at all, they'll ask you a million questions and then direct you to someplace else anyway, completely wasting your time in the process. They can't cancel flights, they can't change the dates of flights, they can't refund you, and even if you get their worthless insurance to do these things, it doesn't give them the ability to do any of these things. They're terrible, and I am never going to make the mistake of using this service ever again.

“Flight cancelled, Opodo knew nothing”

Written on: 20/02/2021 by BenSabbah (1 review written)

I bought my ticket via Opodo. The flight company cancelled the flight, and I received an e-mail and a call from the Flight company to inform me. Problem is, in the Website of Opodo the flight was confirmed till the end. In the website of course I couldn't do anything as long as the flight is confirmed (I have gotten also a Confirmation e-mail the day of supposed Flight); So I called the Customer service (they didn't know about the cancellation), then began a long story including multiple calls for reimbursement claim: send us this, confirm this, tell us this.. at the End they told me that my request is registered and that I have to wait till 6 Months to be refunded

“Worse company ever ”

Written on: 09/02/2021 by Byrdlx148 (1 review written)

My flight was cancelled on june20 and I am still waiting for refund even after 9 month. Service are really poor -- whenever i call them they escalate my case but didn't do anything. Believe me, don't use this company

“Don't go near them”

Written on: 06/02/2021 by Welshur1986 (1 review written)

2020 was a difficult year - I get that. I also get that we need to be more tolerant when dealing with the travel industry - but despite all of that I can think of very few positives from my dealings with Opodo. Our flights were cancelled by the airline, it happens - but I had to make so many calls before I finally spoke to someone that actually did anything....despite so many promises. When we did finally get a refund we only received the cost that Opodo had paid the airline (and eventually our insurance). They refused to refund anything else saying that they were on-line services and were not refundable.....We were prepared to accept that some admin costs might not be refunded, but included amongst the various on-line services they refused to refund was the cost for our baggage to go on the flight that never happened!! We have finally given up chasing them as the stress/hassle is not worth it - so have written this off and moved on. One things for sure, Opodo will never darken our door again - There are so many more companies deserving of everyone's business

“They keep you on the phone without assisting you for...”

Written on: 03/01/2021 by NikhilRivera182 (1 review written)

They keep you on the phone without assisting you for hours and with a customer support that acts as a filter to never return your money. I advise you never to book in this company, terrible.

“DO NOT USE OPODO”

Written on: 20/12/2020 by Swan82 (1 review written)

If it was possible, I would give it zero stars. I understand that this year has been hard for travel companies but that does not excuse Opodo's complete lack of customer service. I booked flights to the USA before Covid started but the trip was cancelled due to lockdown. Even though my flights were cancelled, Opodo sent me no notification of this so I had no proof they had been cancelled. It took me hours and hours of phone calls for my refund to begin processing and I was told it would take up to 3 months for me to receive it. 3 months later I still haven't received it and opodo have removed their phone number so the only way of the contacting them is the almost useless online bot. After writing to them a couple of times, I ended up having to file a money claim through the courts to get my refund as what they were doing was illegal. Even that didn't work and only received the refund once a bailiff was sent round to their office to collect it. It took 8 months, numerous phone calls and court forms, and a lot of stress for me to get my refund. I regret ever using Opodo and advise against even considering using them.

“Do not book with Opodo!!!”

Written on: 20/11/2020 by JordanRussell (1 review written)

WARNING!!! Avoid Opodo like the plague. We are regretting it and so will you. Not even sure how they’re still trading and why their owner/manager is not in court (probably is actually). Their customer services is non-existent. Being redirected or perpetually bounced from website to app to chat to phone and back again will drive anyone crazy. Their “deals” are a honey trap. You’ll end up in a labyrinth of disappointment, dismay and dead-ends. And then after destroying your travel plans they’ll add insult to injury with the incessant marketing emails reminding you how you were lured in in the first place. You’ve been warned. Minimum 120 days to wait for a refund for their mistakes and shortcomings. This is not a travel agent but rather and inconvenience agent.

“AVOID! No customer contact number, hidden terms and...”

Written on: 03/11/2020 by Nico87 (1 review written)

AVOID! No customer contact number, hidden terms and conditions, terrible experience. Will never use Opodo again. I WISH I had read reviews first....Bad, Bad, BAD!

“Book with Opodo only if you don't want peace during travel”

Written on: 15/10/2020 by wySteele217 (1 review written)

There should be -ve rating stars for overall rating. I don't even wanted to waste single star. Once you book your travel with Opodo you get tensions and troubles free from Opodo. Customer care , don't know what they were working after putting the call on hold. May be they have some system in which they travel virtually and come back to answer the query after 2-3 hrs.

“MINUS 1000 RATING - TAKE LEGAL ACTION/GET THEM CLOSED DOWN”

Written on: 08/10/2020 by Farrellrj432 (1 review written)

With immediate effect, this company must be closed down. Opodo has NO intention to pay anybody's refund whatsoever. OPODO HAS BEEN STRATEGISING. We are all wasting our time. TAKE LEGAL ACTION. LET'S GET OPODO SHUT DOWN AND OUT OF BUSINESS AND BANKRUPT. THEIR DIRECTORS AND SHAREHOLDERS DO NOT DESERVE ANY MORE TICKET SALES. AMONGST OTHER THINGS, THEY PALM ACTIONS OFF ON TO INTERNAL DEPARTMENTS WHICH DO NOT EXIST AND WHICH YOU CANNOT CONTACT YOURSELF. THEY CREATE HURDLES TO MAKE IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK. Does anybody know of any UK law firms that will act on our behalf? Does anybody know of any travel regulators who will do something? Background: -Opodo have been refusing to refund me for cancelled flights due to Covid-19. -Initially promised in March 2020 a refund within 90 days. -After no monies received in 90 days, and then a further 25 days in which I was asked to wait, and then some, it transpired Opodo had never even initiated any refund with the airline in the first place. -After further failed promises and delays, airline apparently issued a travel voucher which was never requested. A cash refund was requested from Opodo from the outset. -Airline now saying there is nothing they need to do for this to be turned into a cash refund and it is an Opodo problem to refund me. -Opodo claiming it is an airline problem and that the airline needs to refund Opodo. -Airline refuses to discuss with me as passenger as their contractual relationship is with Opodo, not the passenger. -Opodo will not liaise with airline. -Opodo have misrepresented the situation many times, communicated knowingly false information, used delay tactics and have no intention to pay. -An abundance of failed promises and delays, hurdles and excuses, making it impossible to get refund. -My wife is a pregnant woman and this is causing her significant stress, ill health and anxiety. AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID OPODO AT ALL COSTS. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN. ESPECIALLY IN THESE TUMULTUOUS TIMES. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. LET'S SEE THEM BECOME BANKRUPT FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE.

“A disgrace”

Written on: 24/09/2020 by andrew303030 (1 review written)

Booked a flight in May 2019 which was complicated enough and the price changed during the process (upwards of course). Flight for 14 April cancelled on 15 March 2020. Now more than six months later still no refund. No help from website and when you do speak to someone they say they are still chasing or blame the airline and everybody but themselves. Very stressful not knowing when our four figure refund is coming back. Clearly being used to prop up Opodo operations. They are an absolute disgrace. DO NOT USE.