Royal Mail

Summary

Review your Royal Mail Delivery Service or find whether this is the best courier service for you. With the increasing number of postal services available determining which comes out Tops can be no less than difficult. Whether it is delivery time or simply the cost, make comparisons from the reviews below and be informed to put your stamp on the best.
Royal Mail - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Royal Mail

Royal Mail

“Taken High Value Item”

Written on: 13/05/2022 by XavierAdams269 (1 review written)

Paid for tracked shipping, item made it to London where it sat for two months. Called several times, sent emails and they refused to accept anything was wrong, only response was to wait as item would be delivered. Parcel was returned to the address it was sent from empty - item taken. Any other company would be in court for this, can only claim £50 for an item worth £1000. Sickening service. Would recommended using any other provider/courier rather than the national postal system, subsidized by the government.

“Incompetent - Uncaring - Untrustworthy - Not even 1*”

Written on: 18/04/2022 by Kerrpy74 (1 review written)

Surely it is time for an enquiry as to why a clearly out of control organisation can be allowed to take peoples money for a service they are incapable of delivering, even time shares were eventually seen for what they are and we spend millions informing people of individuals and organisation's who are untrustworthy and try to take your money for a service they cannot provide, yet the Royal Mail continue to take money and fail to provide a service yet are never held to account. Their complain and customer service people are the most unsympathetic unhelpful individuals who can only robotically read from a script. I used their 48 hour tracked service and 8 days later, nothing delivered, and they cannot track where exactly it is. When I spoke to their alleged customer service department and said, this is a joke, the service is incompetent, the character hung up after saying "I am not listening to you saying these things about the Company" absolutely incredible. But I imagine you pay peanuts and get......

“Guaranteed Next day ,instead lost high value item...”

Written on: 12/04/2022 by Clawinorbit (1 review written)

We posted our jewellery at Harmanswater post office on 9 March special Delivery before 1pm with purchase £2,500 insurance to make sure our parcel delivers safely. But they still lost our parcel. After a month our parcel it No where to be found. And the insurance make it very hard to claim. Not impressed with the service. Very upset and very stressful with both service.

“Awful service! ”

Written on: 23/02/2022 by Jamison9 (1 review written)

I went for the special delivery as I had an important event and my customer needs the parcel in 5 days. It was supposed to arrive the day after but instead was delivered to the wrong address and signed by someone else. When I call customer service, they told me that they need to contact the Office and come back to me in 3 days. I didn't receive any updates and when I called back they told me that they contacted the WRONG OFFICE and that now it would take another 3 days for the redelivery. I call my customer and ask him to wait for another week, but the week after they still hadn't delivered the parcel or come back to me with any updates. I called again and again 3 more times and I'm still trying right now (It's the 30-minute wait so I may as well write my review). It's now over 3 weeks and they are refusing to pay the compensation because the system said that the item was delivered to the right address. My customer is a shop owner and the only one at the venue, he can't miss any items unless they are delivered to the wrong address. I tried to explain this over the phone for 5 times but the COMPUTER SAYS NO.

“Poor service”

Written on: 09/02/2022 by LyricWagner309 (1 review written)

Since they scrapped the 2 delivery's a day the service has got worse and worse no post for days waiting on important documents to arrive giving tracking numbers on 1st and 2nd class yet only trackable when delivered tracking should mean tracking and show where things are hence why its called tracking I think someone else needs to take over postal service and get rid of snail mail some staff are rude in the call centre get a grip snail mail and start delivering post again if your back logged employ more staff do 2 delivery's a day like the old days

“Incompetent not fit for purpose ”

Written on: 24/01/2022 by Matth29 (1 review written)

I would give them nothing of I could. Deliveries say they have been delivered but never actually arrive. Post addressed to numerous addresses on the road I live on found dumped in middle of neighbouring Road been run over. The only post I seem to get is for other addresses eh which has been wrongly delivered. Customer Services don't reply. Useless company using xovid for b they'll it incompetence. I no longer order goods from places that use royal mail for delivery

“Incompetent jokers.”

Written on: 23/12/2021 by Cindy73 (1 review written)

Why oh why do we still use these jokers? Only when there's no other option from the company dispatching the goods... that's why. Absolutely hopeless!!! Paid express delivery for a Christmas gift on December 7th. Tracking shows it was sent out on time by the company but two weeks later still hasn't arrived after being shunted all over the country and back again!!! Absolutely pathetic service. We buy a lot from Amazon who never fail and deliver next day....no problems. The sooner Royal Mail go bust and disappear the better. I suppose they'll blame COVID, instead of their institutionalised laziness and apathy. Utterly pathetic, useless business. Incompetence of the highest order!!

“Worst service ever ”

Written on: 01/11/2021 by GemmaLouise1237 (1 review written)

Absolutly disgusting service from Royal Mail, a complaint that has been ongoing since February 2021 and is still ongoing. The lack of communication from your company is awful, the way your staff deal with complaints is ridiculous and I am still waiting for a call back that has been promised time and time again. Today I was on hold for 30 minutes to get through to a call handler, I was then being transferred to a manager and surprise surprise the call is dropped. This is not the first time this has happened. I have been more than fair given the circumstances, it is your fault that my ring has gone missing yet you are not coming back to me on how you will rectify the issue.

“Depo at Manchester M8 9AA working hours unacceptable !!”

Written on: 22/07/2021 by Marcin9878 (1 review written)

As I'm working from 8AM to 5PM I can't take parcels when delivered, however for collection my post office depo is at Manchester, M8 9AA waterloo road and they working hours is Monday to Friday is 8 to 12, how the hell I can collect my parcels if I'm working person? Royal mail services for unemployed and retired people only? Shame!!!

“Failed to get a signature, or even confirm delivery.”

Written on: 13/04/2021 by Hickman478 (1 review written)

It was necessary to return mail order goods that was faulty. I paid for "Special Delivery" which, I was told included a signature, for which I paid an additional fee. The parcel was delivered - I know this as the recipient was honest and sent the refund. I complained to Royal Mail as throughout the parcel was listed as still being at their "mail centre" near where it was posted. Royal Mail's tracking system still shows it as being at that mail centre. This is Royal Mail's response to my concerns that they are not recording the tracking they charge for accurately: "During the current coronavirus situation, to protect the health of our customers and staff, we’re not asking recipients to sign for items delivered on or after Saturday 14 March 2020. As we’re no longer collecting signatures, we’ve suspended the fee refund for failing to capture the signature for items delivered on or after Saturday 14 March 2020 until further notice. If you’ve submitted a claim as a signature wasn’t obtained on delivery, but we’ve evidence it was delivered, I’m sorry, we won’t consider a claim for a fee refund. We’re continuing to capture the recipient’s name on delivery - confirmation of delivery, and who received the item, can be found at www.royalmail.com/track-your-item. In light of this, I’m sorry, I’m unable to meet your claim for a fee refund on this occasion". So, basically, they charge fro tracking and a signature but do not actually provide that service (for which they charge extra) and use the pandemic as an excuse. Had they said we are not tracking or obtaining signatures I would have accepted it without question.

Update 14 April 2021
I finally received a "Special Delivery" letter today that was posted to me on Saturday. Today is Wednesday. So where is the 24 hour service that was paid for? "Special Delivery" is guaranteed by 1pm the. working day. So, posted Saturday that should have been Monday. Even if I am generous and say, well okay, let's say Monday was counted at the first working day, it still should have arrived yesterday - but it wasn't. Dreadful service from Royal Mail.

“On the 6th of April, Royal Mail attempted a delivery...”

Written on: 09/04/2021

On the 6th of April, Royal Mail attempted a delivery at my home and left a note (the service was guaranteed delivery by 1pm with signature). I re-arranged delivery for the next day with Forest Hill Delivery Office. The next day I was at home all morning. I received an online notification saying that my parcel had been delivered and signed for my myself. The signature was of course not my signature. I spoke to all the neighbours who I know personally and no one saw it. The delivery person clearly had not even attempted to deliver the parcel. I then called Forest hill DO who said that they could not contact the person who delivered the parcel and that I had to contact the sender and ask them to claim insurance on a missed item. This was my partner's birthday present. I do not recommend this delivery service or Royal Mail.

“Absolutely rubbish”

Written on: 13/03/2021 by Lila21 (1 review written)

On two occasions they have left a card saying attempted to deliver while we were in, they don’t press the door bell so have to redeliver, absolutely useless, never have a problem with Hermès or yodel

“Disgusting customer service”

Written on: 09/03/2021 by Michelledud (3 reviews written)

I for 2 years have been made ill by royal mail I have had several things go wrong I have had my mail cut up the side and things taken out just the front piece of envelope delivered and then when you do get mail it has sarcastic notes written by royal mail nothing gets done apparently there's this happen surprisingly not with bills then you have to contact sender I have had to fix my gate 5 times has royal mail do t shut it aprently its somebody else in royal mail uniform and I didn't complain despite them have having photo evidence

“Failed to attempt to deliver and then don't man their...”

Written on: 09/03/2021 by Jonathan_ (1 review written)

I ordered a package online that was to be delivered by Royal Mail. In order: 1. The package was delayed. 2. They claimed to have attempted to deliver the package on a particular day, but they did not - I was in the same room as the front door all day, but there was no knocking. 3. They did not leave any card indicating they had tried to deliver. 4. Royal Mail's online form for redelivery rejects the same tracking number that other parts of the same website accept, so I cannot complete it. 5. I tried to call the Royal Mail phone number on several occasions. On each, the automated system fails to understand my address and so I cannot proceed to requesting a redelivery. 6. When the Royal Mail phone finally gets to the stage where it might put me in contact with a human, it instead hangs up on me, saying that there is no-one available. This has occurred on several different days at different times. 7. The complaints number and number for the local post office are the same number as above. 8. Their tracking page for the package has no indication of where the package is at the moment, so I can't go and collect it. I have never had anything close to this awful experience with other delivery companies. Avoid Royal Mail.

“Terrible customer service -”

Written on: 23/02/2021 by Millipiops (1 review written)

I run a small business and really struggled over the Christmas period. I still had customers who had not received products ordered at Christmas and it has cost me too much as when I tried to claim on insurance I was only sent stamps which I have little use for. Royal Mail has had since 1500 to improve the service. They are losing customers to Hermes Dod etc... no need. This is probably reflected in the dip in share prices. I am not saying it's all bad as international rates are better but they must receive the product!

“Shocking company”

Written on: 03/01/2021 by Iange (2 reviews written)

They charged me over 20 pounds to deliver a parcel track and trace to Thailand . The parcel was posted on 16 December and made it to their depot in Heathrow on the 17th where it has been ever since. They have no interest in finding out where it is and have told me to fill in a compensation claim on 25 January. So much for their claim to deliver within 5 to 7 days. Joke of a company with no sense of customer service. Any parcels sent from now on will be sent by courier.

“what a waste of money.”

Written on: 02/01/2021 by Iange (2 reviews written)

Sent a parcel to Thailand on 16 December, international track and trace signed on delivery. After 17 days it is still according to their tracker, in the sorting depot at Heathrow. It is being prepared for shipment. Some preparation. I have been told that I can put in a claim on 25 January if it has still not been delivered. No remorse that they have abysmally failed to hit their target of five to seven days.  I would have achieved the same result by throwing the parcel in the sea and hoping it would float to the gulf of Siam. Probably wouldn’t take any longer. I could then take the twenty ponds they had the cheek to charge and throw that after the Ariel. There are plenty couriers vying for the trade. Royal Mail should either buck up their performance or leave deliveries to companies that can actually do the job. There star I had to award them is actually one star too many but it’s the lowest available

“Still waiting for parcels after 15 days”

Written on: 18/12/2020 by clarevs (1 review written)

Two packages posted on 1st and 3rd December still not delivered by 18 December. A personalised cake decoration delivered after the birthday is of no use. It's disgraceful that small businesses struggling to survive during the pandemic should be let down by Royal Mail like this.

“Poor poor service and no answers”

Written on: 18/12/2020 by royalmaildimise (1 review written)

Posted item standard 1st class never arrived resent signed for 10 days ago all info I can get is we will update you when delivery is attempted. Phone lines currently 1hour min no other point of contact email web chat etc what a joke. I did read they should supply an email address by law as they operate online. Why does no one inforce this if that is the case. unhelpful message. Your item has been posted at a Post Office. As you've used our Royal Mail Signed For service, the next update you'll see is after we've attempted to deliver to the recipient.

“Rubbish delivery postal service ”

Written on: 14/12/2020 by ballcocks (1 review written)

I posted two small parcels 1st class literally letter box size Monday 7th December the parcels have not arrived 100 miles away to date Monday 14th December. its disgraceful service and the CEO and directors should resign but they will keep filling their pockets without shame.