34SP.com - www.34sp.com Reviews

Media Gallery for 34SP.com - www.34sp.com

34SP.com - www.34sp.com

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Caused severe damage to my business”

Written on: 11/12/2015 by DeanPritchard (1 review written)

3 Days after losing my emails from clients I still cannot function as a business using 34SP. I only just upgraded and wish i'd gone elsewhere. avoid this company at all costs… Read Full Review

“Email down for the 4th day!!”

Written on: 09/12/2015 by 168Drew (1 review written)

4th day without emails & no update, unacceptable… Read Full Review

“Terrible service”

Written on: 05/12/2015 by Accountancym (1 review written)

We have moved to 34sp about 4 to 5 months ago, we had issues with our previous supplier ipage. The company is total sham, have been having problems with all e-mails. Then recently all e-mails gone dead. it's been 4th day now we have no e-mails. we are badly stuck with this company we would never recommend this so please ensure that you read this review. i have been sending their technical directors emails and he has no sense to apologise for this and see what he is writing, they cannot… Read Full Review

“Words escape me”

Written on: 27/10/2014 by tony.84 (1 review written)

I signed up with http://34sp.com at the beginning of August 2014. After having issues with my previous host I went on the hunt for a firm small enough to be able to speak to someone rather than a call centre but large enough to not be a 14 year old in his bedroom running a business. I also looked for a local firm - trying to support local companies where I can. All started well, I spoke to someone got signed up and they helped me with my emails and site and moving it all over - happy… Read Full Review

Rcitguy's Response to tony.84's Review

Written on: 10/05/2015

Hi, you should give us a call @ WESH UK, we wouldnt dream of letting this happen to anybody. We dont even have a hold queue, we have never needed one in 15yrs..

Read 1 Comment

“Went downhill rapidly, AVOID! Even to charities”

Written on: 21/05/2012 by james108 (1 review written)

The basic premise of 34SP is good - providing hosting and domains, support, the price to services is very reasonable considering the services they offer (hosted platform managed by 34SP, Virtual Private Servers, specialist domains and custom configurations). The services of 34SP were recommended to us by the charity consortium in the UK as a charity friendly service. Unlike charities however we do pay for both our domain and hosting due to the size of our site and the features being available… Read Full Review

Seregoncouk's Response to james108's Review

Written on: 11/09/2012

Shocked! Been with them for 7 years and had next to no downtime I believe, fantastic company through and through.

Shame things could not be resolved for you.

Last_Grey_Cell's Response to james108's Review

Written on: 29/07/2013

Ummm... doesn't sound like the 34SP I know - have you got the right company? I have been using 34SP for a very long time and have always found their technical support to be outstanding and technically assured. May I ask what your technical qualifications are as I think I detect some inconsistencies.

James108's reply to Last_Grey_Cell's Comment

Written on: 30/07/2013

Wow that is very personal, see you are on two review sites too, replying to both my responses.

OCR level 2 IT practitioners
NVQ certificate IT practitioners
iPRO systems support
Linux desktop and server class+ with Linux+
CISCO IT essentials 1 and 2
Various Microsoft certificates from Windows 2003 / 2000 MCSA
Many other small and previous qualifications from an earlier era.

I thought reviews were meant to be on the company rather than personally vetting the person writing the review? I am employed as a systems administrator so my craft and knowledge is on par. I've worked on ships proving IT level engineering for deployable, scalable systems too. Interesting you've also posted on another review site too.

Read 3 Comments

“Great support, always on hand - however one gets a bit...”

Written on: 23/03/2010

Great support, always on hand - however one gets a bit fed up of needing to use support! my sites always go down, nothing ever goes to plan when installing scripts such as Prestashop, Joomla or Wordpress.

A true pain in the **** when compared to other hosting companies. I am just in the process of bidding fair-well to 34SP "FEW!" before I p**s off any more customers.

Avoid if possible!… Read Full Review

Nhearn's Comment

Written on: 26/10/2010

I found this review not helpful because...
<br/> this user has based their opinion of the hosting service they recieved on their own inability to install scripts.
<br/>Was this user talking about shared hosting, VPS or dedicated?
<br/>Either way, unless they were reviewing Shared Managed Hosting, then their site not staying up is their own fault.
<br/>Both Joomla and WordPress (Never used Prestashop) are easy enough to install without any need for script-installers.

Gphood's Comment

Written on: 29/12/2010

I found this review not helpful because...
<br/>
<br/>It gave the impression that 34sp customers should expect a fair amount of downtime and that's not my experience at all. If the downtime is down to the installs, then that's a different matter but the reviewer should have made this clear.
<br/>
<br/>I agree that the installers have had issues. I now install Joomla myself rather than use the 34sp automated installer. It's not as easy as pressing a button, but it's certainly not rocket science either.
<br/>
<br/>Whilst the reviewer is entitled to have a whinge about a facility that should work out of the box, he (she?) should have been a bit clearer about whether or not the problems were anywhere other than the script installers.

Read 2 Comments

“When transferring a domain, I personally found it...”

Written on: 25/04/2008 by chtyrone (1 review written)

When transferring a domain, I personally found it difficult to transfer, as in my opinion they would not unlock the domain, refusing to give me an EPP code, sending me almost exactly the same email 5 times.
SMTP costs 16 quid extra, bringing the annual bill to 50 odd quid for basic hosting - far too expensive for the normal mortal.
Do not recommend 34SP.com… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“For the occasional user or hobbiest, 34sp's offering...”

Written on: 07/07/2004 by miked123 (2 reviews written)

For the occasional user or hobbiest, 34sp's offering may seem good value with many features such as mysql, php, webmail + plesk control panel as standard.
But here's a classic example of you 'get what you pay for' - server downtime of both web hosting and email is embarrassingly bad, and many inconsistent performance niggles that you'd normally perhaps blame on your isp e.g emails arriving at user 12 hours later, incoming mail bouncing or being delayed days - website offline, unfortunately are… Read Full Review

Thomas2's Response to miked123's Review

Written on: 14/09/2004

I can not share this experience. I have 3 sites (on 2 different servers) with 34sp.com for over 2 years now and there have probably been half a dozen downtimes of less than an hour each during this time.
<br>Both planned and unplanned downtimes and their status are announced immediately in their forum, which is more than most other providers offer.
<br>The uptime is claimed to be 99.9% and according to my experience it is even better than this.

Andyward's Response to miked123's Review

Written on: 25/07/2010

I have used 34sp for a number of years now, for various websites.
<br/>
<br/>They used to be a great cheap host with few problems.
<br/>
<br/>This is definitley not the case anymore. I totally agree with these comments about not even admitting the server is down - this has happened to me at least 5 times.
<br/>
<br/>Now, I host just a blog with them, which now goes down pretty much every Sunday, and today is no exception. I am still waiting for a response as I look at my broken website.
<br/>
<br/>Really so disappointing after how great they were.
<br/>
<br/>They are utter crap now - really don't bother unless you like downtime.

Thomas2's Response to miked123's Review

Written on: 18/09/2004

I don't have any commercial sites but they are not just for fun either and so I prefer a good uptime as well.
<br>Having said this, I am aware that one or two of their older servers had more problems than others in the past, but I don't think they will put new customers on these servers anyway (and apparently you changed to a different server now as well). Of course this will be of little consolation to you, but from what you are saying it appears actually that your server has become the victim of a spam attack (I am aware that this has indeed be a repeated problem with a few of their servers) and there is obviously no way to totally prevent this. To a certain degree one just has to live with these drawbacks of shared hosting. The alternative would be to rent your own server (an option which 34sp.com is offering as well by the way), but I wonder if the added cost might not be more than the loss of income through the occasional outage.
<br>
<br>I can only repeat that, apart from a couple of minor problems, I have been very happy with 34sp.com, and there are in my opinion few (if any) providers who offer better value for money for small websites (for larger websites with a lot of traffic and additional features there may be better offers from other providers due to their pricing scheme).

Miked123's Response to miked123's Review

Written on: 15/09/2004

Yes, but are your sites/email sufficiently busy 24/7 that unannounced outages and problems are noticed? Because the outages and server problems I mention were never flagged on their forum, in fact it was only after numerous complaints from users they acknowledged the problem. Also, the glitches were never resolved fully for us, and I insisted on a moving my account to another server. In the fortnight it took to try to get this sorted, we lost huges amount of trade and customer goodwill.

Read 4 Comments