Bargain Host www.bargainhost.co.uk Reviews

Bargain Host www.bargainhost.co.uk
1.5

Bargain Host www.bargainhost.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Bargain Host www.bargainhost.co.uk

“Appalling service and awful admin”

written by Filtertip on 01/11/2018

I used Bargain Host for several years. I was never really happy with their service - considerable and frequent outages, Control Panel being unavailable, higher than expected incidents of hackers gaining access to Web servers - but the problems associated with leaving kept me there for a few less important domains. However, following a particularly long period of downtime, I decided to transfer the few remaining domains away. This ended up as a total disaster. I started the (manual and laborious) transfer process well in advance of the domains expiry - but the process took so long, with numerous issues and problems that I ended up having to renew the Domains and hosting packages with Bargain Host for a further 12 months. The transfer process took many weeks and around 30 emails and support ticket exchanges. Eventually, the domains were transferred and I therefore put in a request to cancel all of the services. Then, after about 10 months, Bargain Host re-invoiced me and I am now getting regular emails from them, threatening "further action". Thankfully, I kept a record of all of the communication with them. Therefore - my advice - don't go anywhere near these people. The service is awful, the administration is shockingly bad and the overall operation seems dishonest. Incidentally, if you shop around, you will find that their prices are not very keen either and certainly nowhere near to being a bargain. I am amazed that they are still in business.

“Trying to leave but being blocked from transferring domain”

written by Millsiq101 on 02/09/2017

I have several domains and web sites with Bargain Host. However, I have been losing confidence with them and have therefore started the process to move away. In order to do that, I need an authorization code from them to transfer my domains to another provider. BargainHost make it extremely difficult to leave. Unlike some other providers, BargainHost do not have any automation around this process and insist that you send a support ticket in. They then take ages to respond. Very poor service – verging on the unethical.

“cant send & recieve”

written by JoshuaMacGregor473 on 20/03/2016

dont go with bargain host i have been locked out of my email for 3 weeks cant send or recieve business emails lost hundreds of pounds cant phone anyone to discuss, even when you ring sales line it is an answer phone & no one returns your call and you cant put in a repair ticket if you have lost your password you cant email them from another email address when you are locked out you are on your own & cant contact anyone

“5 star service”

written by Harper154 on 30/07/2015

I've been with Bargain Host for 3 years and had no problems or downtime.I'm writing my review based on my experiences which are very positive regarding this company and would just like to clarify they go above and beyond much more expensive hosts i tried previously in offering the services i need in order to run my online business.

“AVOID!!!!!”

written by BraedonOwen on 24/09/2014

AWFUL! Avoid this company at all costs- I can't speak badly enough about them! They block my IP address on average every 2 days then blame my passwords (nothing wrong with my passwords) so I cannot get on my own sites, they let a hacker through their firewall who downloaded spam to all my customers who went on my site, they have randomly changed the theme of my website whilst trying to fix it for various issues (didn't fix the problems) and their customer service is limited to about three prewritten responses which are not specific to any issue! Flabbergasted as to how on earth this company is still going?! the time I have wasted with them is not worth the cheap prices. Wish I could give them 0/5.

“Don't even bother - I would give it ZERO stars if i could!”

written by Floyduk46 on 17/08/2014

I have been blocked from my own website around 18 times. How ridiculous is this? There is no customer support at all. I told them I wanted to make a complaint - this was completely ignored. I am looking forward to moving to a more reliable host who actually gives even a basic level of customer service. I don't think my review would be excepted if I was explicit about how bad they were! Utter....%$£!

Mrplodski's Comment

Written on: 25/08/2014

I'm amazed that they are still in business!

“support doesnt exist”

written by on 21/11/2013

Am not impressed with this company. They state on their website 24/7 support and live web chat and neither have worked for 2 days! I have raised a ticket which gets responses which show there is no technical knowledge. Links on client area don't work and the response is just to try again. I am so glad that i don't have to deal with them for much longer as I am moving to TSO Host who respond in minutes to any form of contact (mail/phone/twitter etc). If you are looking to use this company don't. For what they charge you can get better elsewhere. The fact they only have 4 servers shows how small and overloaded thier systems are.

“Stay away”

written by on 15/08/2013

I am having some serious problems with bargain host (www.bargainhost.co.uk) in regards to hosting services and customer service. Only this year I have had my email completely deleted twice. Obviously I have lost a lot of email about work and other profession matters. I have also lost two website contents on the server and all that was left was black page. After contacting them nothing still nothing has been done. They keep ignoring email (via support) and there is no other way to get in touch with them.  I strongly advice NOT to join bargainhos.co.uk in anything.

“Absolute shower of shonk!”

written by on 15/03/2013

Hosting is flakey at best. Upgrades they perform without telling you cause untold issues and have even reset some of the configuration back to default. When you contact support, they aren't interested. Desperately trying to move away from them, and they're even being arseclowns about that, flouting the Nominet code of conduct for registrars. Stay away!

“Bells and whistles with no hidden fee's”

written by on 20/02/2013

Many thanks to Bargain host for being of great service over the years excellent provision of services compared to the bigger more expensive hosts that i've dealt with in the past. I have a few sites hosted by this company and any problem i have had which is rare has been dealt with very quickly and efficiently,so well done guys for providing me hosting i can trust with all the bells and whistles for a fraction of the cost of the other company's that factor in extra costs.

“A Bunch of Con Artists (I would give them NO STARS I...”

written by on 13/12/2012

A despicable company who havn't got the common decency to even attempt to provide what they have charged you for! From day one I had memory allocation problems which were fixed by Tech Support. When the company owner found out he blamed me and other users for using too much memory and breaking his server. I have a very small Joomla site which he said was overloading it. As it happens I administer 2 other Joomla sites which are far bigger

“Real host for a bargain price”

written by on 06/11/2012

"Finding web hosting that matches all of your needs might sometimes be a difficult task,but bargain host has everything i need in one place and for a price that doesn't break my budget. They're an excellent host with incredible up time,i cant recall my website ever being down in the few years they have hosted my sites and the support is second to none."

“customer support it's useless”

written by mikedavis on 26/09/2011

went to use a domain name but it would not pick up, raised an issuse with them and they listed it as critical and said it would get passed to another department and that's the last thing that happened. I have emailed every day since and no one has replied, they just don't care. Don't use this company go anywhere but here

“A terrible company!!! Please stay away from this ball...”

written by on 03/05/2011

A terrible company!!! Please stay away from this ball of incompetence and find another reseller. I have been unfortunate to have used their advanced package for around 3 years and have had nothing but headaches and lost company revenues.
Currently (as I speak), my business website and email has been down for 4 days due to the server hardrive failing, they never even bothered to notify me, I had to find it out for myself and contact them! All my data may even have been lost apparently! as they are now telling me that they are doing their best to recover and backup my data!

Please stay away from these guys and do not beleive the recent positive posts, they are most likely employees of the company trying to regain some business.

“I have just signed up to the Budget plan and Im...”

written by on 25/02/2011

I have just signed up to the Budget plan and Im pleased with the features on offer.

The price is fair considering I got a free domain name thrown in.

Im Happy chappy.

“BargainHost has everything I am looking for in a web...”

written by on 19/02/2011

BargainHost has everything I am looking for in a web hosting provider, cheap reliable hosting and excellent uptime. I have been with them for 3 years now and am quite happy. Theres not anything I dislike about their services so a big thumbs up from me.

“Cheap and cheerful web hosting like many out there. I...”

written by dbmcc on 18/01/2011

Cheap and cheerful web hosting like many out there. I have been hosting a web site with them for about 10 years now, and although there has been occasional hitches and downtime, I have found that they have always responded well to support tickets speedily, with and good information as the causes and explanation of their corrective actions.

“Do not use this company. ”

written by on 18/12/2009

Do not use this company.

I am in the UK - when I selected "publish website - all search engines
displayed wrong info (to do with text files etc - that I have no info on).
This company kept fobbing me off and said they were not prepared to help me as it was an internet search optimisation issue. But when the basic title of my webpage was wrong - (and all search engines were displaying the same wrong info!)- then this tells me it is my webpage and not search engines. The staff at this company kept emailing me back with useless messgages doing everything but solve the problem.

This company is based out in sub-continent. They have a London address - but only a mail forwarding address. 2 months after first registering and paying my money - I do not have an adequate and correct website up.

“Very poor and unreliable and access to the c-panel is...”

written by on 30/09/2009

Very poor and unreliable and access to the c-panel is intermittent - making it virtually unusable. I left them a few months ago and do not regret it.

“In ten years of using Bargainhost.co.uk, my experience...”

written by on 23/07/2009

In ten years of using Bargainhost.co.uk, my experience has been patchy but tolerable for the money, but they're now no cheaper than most providers, and more expensive than many. Lately, accessing through CPanel seems more often unavailable than available. And as previous reviewers have said, pointless and unhelpful replies from the Help Desk. Agin like others I was left without a service for many days in March 2009. I have arranged, gently, to move to another service provider which, in the last eight months, has remained solid and consistent for service. I rather guess they've become complacent, so it's time to move.