Aprilia Leonardo 250 Reviews

Aprilia Leonardo 250 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Aprilia Leonardo 250

Aprilia Leonardo 250
Aprilia Leonardo 250

“I bought an Aprilia Leonardo 250 for £1200 with...”

Written on: 26/03/2010

I bought an Aprilia Leonardo 250 for £1200 with 8400kms on it in july 2009. Ive done about 2500miles
BAD Stuff
I have had a few problems with my leonardo 250, in tends to fowl spark plugs very quickly with carbon and fuel, but I think the idle jet is basically totally Useless as it has never ticked very well, have have thought about replacing the carb, but as its £800 for a new one not likely, perhaps one day I may get it sorted by a tune up shop/mechanic, so I always carry a spare clean plug… Read Full Review

“My Leonardo 250 cc was bought new via bankrupt stock...”

Written on: 11/01/2010 by RoadieRoger (1 review written)

My Leonardo 250 cc was bought new via bankrupt stock in 2003 for £2500 , but is at least 2 years older than this . I bought it to replace a 125cc Yamaha for my final 18months of work before retirement .My commute included some M4 Motorway and for this it was superb .It has been 100% reliable , averages 80mpg , with a best of 86 mpg .I have done 250 miles in a day on it , with nothing more than a stiff neck , but I am 70yrs. old ! I am still on the original Maxxis front tyre at 19000km. but the… Read Full Review

“An excellent scooter robust but light fast and...”

Written on: 11/06/2008

An excellent scooter robust but light fast and economical. An excellent scooter for the heavier rider. Excellent accelleration ans speed when required. A well designed and practical scooter and economical costing around £8.00 to fill up… Read Full Review

“I love my Aprilia Leonardo 250. I love riding it....”

Written on: 20/05/2008

I love my Aprilia Leonardo 250. I love riding it. Where can I buy a replacement new one? This bike has changed my opinion of Italian manufacturers but not their British distributors… Read Full Review

“I have one of these myself, it's a beautiful 150...”

Written on: 02/01/2008 by Barbi (1 review written)

I have one of these myself, it's a beautiful 150 mojito custom scooter. There are no bad points about it at all.I love the way it handles on the roads, and city. its also a good looking bike and turns a lot of heads as i ride around… Read Full Review

“Previously I had a Yamaha Majesty 250, whilst being a...”

Written on: 16/05/2007 by loonymoon76 (6 reviews written)

Previously I had a Yamaha Majesty 250, whilst being a reliable machine it's handling never inspired confidence and it was a pain to get through traffic jams. Hence I sold it and got the Leonardo 250.

The Leonardo is a good looking, slimline, short wheelbase machine and the earlier models up to 2002 (which includes mine) are powered by the Yamaha 250 4 stroke engine - in fact the same engine as in my previous Majesty and other 250 scooters. The engines are reliable and easy to service and due… Read Full Review

“My Aprilia Leonardo 250 is fast, economical, narrow...”

Written on: 20/10/2006 by Sipou (1 review written)

My Aprilia Leonardo 250 is fast, economical, narrow (i.e. good between lanes of traffic). I can't understand Steve's 35 mpg, unless he's very large. I'm 90kg but I get over 70 mpg on local running and over 60 even at 70-80mph down a motorway.

Starting, particularly in winter, is worrying if it is left for more than a few days. I've only once had to jump-lead mine, but sometimes it only fired as the battery sounded about to give up.
Headlights unimpressive; I find dip more use than full beam… Read Full Review

Loonymoon76's Response to Sipou's Review

Written on: 16/05/2007

I think Steve was talking about his SR125 not the Leo when he was saying about the low MPG figure.

Sipou's Response to Sipou's Review

Written on: 16/05/2007

I don't quite see how a 125 can do only 35 mpg, but let it pass.
<br/>
<br/>I must withdraw my comment on the headlights, as I have since had that scooter stolen and trashed, and I got another on which the lights are good. It appears those on the stolen scooter were faulty though the local agents denied it.
<br/>
<br/>And I should also have mentioned that on all four Leonardos I have now owned, the clock is battery driven and dies after 4 or 5 years, and is totally uneconomical to replace. Aprilia do not seem to stock batteries for it and offer only a new clock complete for something like £30, and the labour to change clocks (or fit a new battery sourced elsewhere) would be, I am told, over £50. Not an impressive design feature!

Read 2 Comments

“Steve`s Aprilia Leonardo 250 Scooter. ”

Written on: 09/10/2004 by steviefletcher (2 reviews written)

Steve`s Aprilia Leonardo 250 Scooter.
Here is my review on my 250 Leo.
Firstly before this 250 I owned an Aprilia SR125 scooter which I loved but it was very thirsty if ridden fast, 35mpg, dont let anyone tell you 50mpg+ they are not being truthful, also they take a good 90 seconds to warm up and if its raining thats a long time to be going nowhere.
Its also a four stroke so no messing about with 2 stroke oil, I always keep a couple of gallons in my garage in a spare can and top the scooter up… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to steviefletcher's Review

Written on: 12/10/2004

A most interesting review Stevie - enjoyed reading it.
<br>48 years old are you...well, as you're still a lad!, I can understand your liking for the Aprilia's sporting looks. I find them attractive too although at my age (71), I regard my Burgman 400 as "elegant".
<br>I have now done 20,000 trouble-free miles and I hope you will enjoy the same.
<br>
<br>Safe riding my friend......Bertie.

Primal's Response to steviefletcher's Review

Written on: 25/11/2005

I owned one for 2 years and loved it, i agree 10 out of 10

Steviefletcher's Response to steviefletcher's Review

Written on: 10/12/2004

Sorry for not replying earlier Nikolav but I only got your question today. Its the UK gallon.
<br>Steve

176667_Nikolav's Response to steviefletcher's Review

Written on: 11/11/2004

How many litres is one ofg gallon in your comment, US gallon is 3.78litres and a UK gallon is 4.54litres. Did you mean one Us or UK gallon in your comment.

Steviefletcher's Response to steviefletcher's Review

Written on: 12/10/2004

Thanks Bertie, hope Im still enjoying it like you when Im older. No problems with the Maxi Scoots, just not my style, I appreciate they are fantastic machines but maybe later in life.
<br>Thanks again.