Tactical Systems www.tacticalsystems.com Reviews

Tactical Systems www.tacticalsystems.com - Ask a question now

☆☆☆☆☆

“In my opinion Tactical Systems are the worst company...”

Written on: 13/12/2007 by rbh (1 review written)

In my opinion Tactical Systems are the worst company I've dealt with. Billing department as far as I am aware seems to be billing my closed account. Reply emails are undeliverable so far and URL's are broken in their messages for me… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“After 1.5 years of trying to reach tech support and...”

Written on: 04/01/2007 by jillymc (1 review written)

After 1.5 years of trying to reach tech support and billing and failing, I'm afraid I cannot recommend tacticalsystems at all… Read Full Review

“Initially, about a year ago Tactical Systems seemed to...”

Written on: 09/10/2006 by steve10198 (1 review written)

Initially, about a year ago Tactical Systems seemed to offer a great value web hosting service. They answered my emails and the servers seemed quite good. However, recently I have not been able to see my site or access the control panel, or even the payment screen. I have sent them lots of emails, and they haven't come back to me or corrected the issue for several months.

I can't recommend them, and I would suggest to anyone to read reviews before picking a new host, especially if your main… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“My main domain has been down for over a few days 5+...”

Written on: 10/11/2005 by borwebgod (1 review written)

My main domain has been down for over a few days 5+ times in the last two months. Tactical Systems Technical support is NON-EXISTENT: you just hold your breath until it's fixed. I would have switched host ages ago, but I made a blind decision, based on their offerings, to host clients with them as well and now it's more expensive to me to host those clients elsewhere, but I am going to have to bite the bullet and eat the cost.
The first month I was with them, they lost my database and were… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Tactical Systems web hosting do not respond to...”

Written on: 03/11/2005 by maky29 (1 review written)

Tactical Systems web hosting do not respond to tickets. Ever! I had to get an SSL certificate renewed, and created tickets for over 8 months. Not one single response.

They also have terrible downtimes. This week, their SQL Server has been down for over 3 days before they finally brought it up… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Regarding Tactical Systems (www.tacticalsystems.com)...”

Written on: 23/06/2005 by rlanham (1 review written)

Regarding Tactical Systems (www.tacticalsystems.com) at this writing (6/23/05) their HELM has not worked for 5 days. No matter what you enter it displays this message: "Unable to log in due to a configuration problem. Please contact support."

I have a friend that uses Tactical Systems as well -- same for him. Their HELM system doesn't work for anyone.

Nobody at Tactical Systems will reply to calls, emails or trouble tickets. I have sent tickets to every department and called the number that… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have been with www.tacticalsystems.com for over a...”

Written on: 14/08/2004 by khristi (1 review written)

I have been with www.tacticalsystems.com for over a year now and I am looking for new hosting for my 9+ domains. I have needed to delete a domain that all of a sudden quit displaying the content on the net. When I checked the files the were there and I could view them in the Helm. No files on the server could be downloaded from the ftp anymore either. I never mess with DNS settings but in frustration I looked at the DNS settings and found them all messed up compared to the other domains. There… Read Full Review

Rlanham's Response to khristi's Review

Written on: 23/06/2005

regarding tacticalsystems.com, at this writing (6/23/05) their HELM has not worked for 5 days. No matter what you enter it displays this message: "Unable to log in due to a configuration problem. Please contact support."
I have a friend that uses tacticalsystems as well--same for him. Their HELM system doesn't work for anyone.
Nobody at tacticalsystems will reply to calls, emails or trouble tickets. I have sent tickets to every dept and called the number that is on their site a dozen times with absolutely no reply.
Amazingly, my sites still work. FTP is okay, and I can get to my databases. I moved everything to another host yesterday and am waiting for DNS change, and refuted my latest cc charges.
I've never written a review of anything before, but this story needed to be told. I think it is not a real hosting company, just a shell host, "private label" or whatever. Maybe it's just one guy and he left town or keeled over. It's still a mystery. It doesn't seem like a rippoff, a major screwup for sure.
Anyway, DO NOT use this service. And if you are a customer make sure you are backed up and start looking for another hosting service.

220754_Edegagne's Response to khristi's Review

Written on: 13/12/2005

Well said.
<br>
<br>They are much like an absentee landlord. They will gladly take your rent every month, but they won't return your calls when the toilet leaks.
<br>
<br>Quite possibly the worst hosting company in existence.

Read 2 Comments

“I've seen some good reviews and recommendations for...”

Written on: 04/05/2004 by baotti (1 review written)

I've seen some good reviews and recommendations for Tactical Systems, so I wanted to give them a try. But it turned out to be a terrible experience. I've been with them for more than two weeks, the only emails I've received are from billing department asking me to pay for the service fee. I had created 3 tickets when I joined them and tried to ask for some help in installing DNN for my website.
No one answered them; it is still open after 10 days. I called their number and was transferred to… Read Full Review

“Tactical Systems have a lot of servers (which is...”

Written on: 31/03/2004 by steve2111 (1 review written)

Tactical Systems have a lot of servers (which is great) with some great resources (200mb w/SQL Server at $4.95/mo). The support staff is extremely knowledgeable. This host is geared more towards developers and designers who require less hand-holding than a beginning or first-time-to-the-internet user… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have been using Tactical Systems for about 9 months...”

Written on: 16/03/2004 by parryj (1 review written)

I have been using Tactical Systems for about 9 months now as a reseller. Their service has been going downhill fast. Their uptime is sub-standard, 5 times this past week alone. When you try and submit a trouble ticket, good luck with ever receiving a response. I have 4 tickets that are still open and not responded to. I will be leaving their service by the end of the month. I have already started migrating all of my client websites off their system… Read Full Review

“After having my reseller websites with AIT,...”

Written on: 31/03/2003 by BillJacobs. (1 review written)

After having my reseller websites with AIT, Webhost4Life, and MaximumASP - I moved on to www.tacticalsystems.com. They have the best windows hosting platform in the industry today. Coupled with the best web-based control panel for Windows Servers in the industry, this company is poised to play with all the major players in the industry.

Prices start at $4.95 USD to shared hosting but it is they're reseller plans where it is all at. They're reseller plans make AIT's look like a joke for this… Read Full Review