Cars 'R' Us Barry, Glamorgan Reviews

• Customer service

Cars 'R' Us Barry, Glamorgan - Ask a question now

“Do not buy from here”

Written on: 09/10/2015

Went to view a car here recently advertised online as great condition the list of issues i discovered upon viewing the car were quite extensive, upon trying to knock the price down a bit due to these problems the sales assistant there was snappy and rude, when i arrived i asked to view the car in question he brought over the keys then just walked away had no intention of sticking around to answer any questions i had and what questions i had,i was given less than helpful responses. All in all… Read Full Review

“HORRIFIC”

Written on: 07/09/2015

Words fail me, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.... ZERO STARS apply. as there is no option for minus scores with this place… Read Full Review

“Stay as far away from this place as possable”

Written on: 27/07/2015 by kabirdle101 (1 review written)

I couldn't bileve how bad this place wwas never been spoken to so rude in my life horrable ppl there and all the cars are dodgy action cars please whatever you do just keep as far away As possable … Read Full Review

“**AVOID*** CARS FOR YOU BARRY LTD NEW NAME **** AVOID****”

Written on: 20/03/2015 by Kieraj469 (1 review written)

I found this place on autotrader and got fooled by the name. rang up about a cilo said it was at garage ready to have a look at, then I arrived at the place about 30 mins after I rang only to find out car weren't there it was being resprayed at garage close by. so then the guy without even introducing himself asks me to take me to garage (im the customer now who been told car was there ready) I agreed took him down explained it needed a touch up here and there, had god look car seemed alright… Read Full Review

“AVOID”

Written on: 06/05/2014 by ckCarey324 (1 review written)

The majority of cars sold at this car dealership are category Cs nd Ds They do not fix these cars properly. I was given my car infact faulty and within hours I contacted them. They were not willing to fix it or take car back...This car dealership changes they're business name often and they are famous on the ferret. Avoid avoid avoid unless u want ur car being towed on the back of a recovery truck permanently… Read Full Review

“TERRIBLE SERVICE”

Written on: 18/02/2013

The guy who owns this company is a he will let you be leave he has a bargain for you and you will fall for it and soon as you drive away that's if your car starts and drives there is no help at all from this man DO NOT FALL VICTIM to this man he has only One interest and that's to sell you a car that will either have clocked mileage or its a cat d or c and has been known to sell cat b he is a bad man… Read Full Review

Dhinchey's Comment

Written on: 16/11/2013

I would like to thank you all for taking your time to warn me of this dealer I saw what looked to be a bargain but after reading the reviews am now going to save myself the time and money. A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL. Dave

Read 1 Comment

“WARNING avoid at all costs!!!!!”

Written on: 15/09/2012

Hi I have dealings with this man (I am in the small claim's court) with Cars R Us (Barry) Ltd 182-190 Barry Rd Barry who also operated a branch from Maesteg Rd Tondu Bridgend. However Cars R Us (Barry) are currently active but waiting to be 'struck off' due to not filing annual accounts (he has a history of doing this and a string of companies over last 5 years at same addresses). However since the 11th June 2012 the Maesteg branch became Auto Solutions (Wales) Ltd and the director of the… Read Full Review

Cbalde's Comment

Written on: 29/10/2012

I have been led here by investigation to a similar scam with the same MO being a series if registered businesses operating under (name removed) with water pump related websites such as rainwatertankpumps. Are there any connections of similarities in this that you are aware of?

Marinejosh190's Comment

Written on: 17/01/2013

I sold my BMW 325CI to this garage before christmas 2012, they gave me a check for the car and it bounced, so i ruturned to the garage where they gave me a lot of bull about how it would take 24hrs to cancel a check, and only when i receive the check in the post back from my bank and give it to them will i receive the cash, i then done what they requested then they gave me £2020 and they still owe me 680 i've kept phoning them and ive been fobbed of with constant lies i went back to afghanistan after christmas leave and now im back in germany trying to sort this out, what they dont realise is i will do things my own way if i dont receive the rest of this money and people will get hurt obviously he has no respect for the law so he's gunna get whats coming to him

Winnie1's Comment

Written on: 24/04/2013

Hi I have just bought a car off this garage Barry, we have had problems with the car and I said to him I had seen all the comments a d he said it wasn't him!!! I threatened to take it further Or a full refund, he agreed to make the wrongs right, I go to pick up the car tonight for my 24 yr old son who has only just passed his test, he assured me that the car is good and he is putting things right? My husband is in the army and he turned up at the garage in uniform is this the only reason he is putting things right? Is he still lying, should I get a full refund taking a friend of the family in a important position with me, any body got any answers please, don't know what to do ? Don't want my son to be in danger after reading the reports on this garage and owner ??

Read 3 Comments

“excellent customer service , well chuffed with the...”

Written on: 19/10/2011

i have to say after lookind at the reviews on this site i was concerned , but honestly did not have any problems like the above , got a fantastic deal on my car and everything went very well would like to thank the team for treating me so well , picking me up from the train station and of course the cup of tea and biscuits thank you for a pleasant experience … Read Full Review

Annon8319's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2014

You were the 1 out of a million that were lucky lol

Read 1 Comment

“DO NOT BUY FROM THESE ROBBING SCUM.....”

Written on: 22/09/2011 by lee37 (1 review written)

I WAS FORCED INTO BUYING THERE DODGEY CAR, I LEFT A DEPOSIT WITHOUT LOOKING AT CAR AS I WAS TOLD WHEN I VIEW IT IF I DIDNT WANT IT I WOULD GET DEPOSIT BACK NO PROBLEM, I ARRIVED THERE AND COULD SEE ALL THE CARS AND I MEAN ALL THE CARS LOOKED DODGEY IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, ANYWAY I LOOKED AT THE CAR I LEFT THE DEPOSIT FOR, FIRTS OFF IT WOULD NOT START, GOT IT STARTED AFTER LOTS OF IDIOTS RUNNING ROUND LIKE HEADLESS CHICKENS, TOOK IT FOR A DRIVE AND IT WAS UN ROADWORTHY,POWER STEERING WAS… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to lee37's Review

Written on: 18/11/2011

customer bought a nissan largo which was £1700....it was the cheapest car advertised!!...not the best or most expensive!!....as per most things in life u get WHAT U PAY FOR!

Kdude's reply to Guest's Comment

Written on: 04/01/2013

A piece of rubbish does not cost £1700. I am yet another customer that bought one of the fantastic cars from this dealer, or as it is called now "Auto Solutions Wales". Turned out to be a faulty car from day one, and it should never have passed an M.O.T.

Read 2 Comments

“307”

Written on: 10/09/2011

after ringing them up after my email was not replyed to it took 3.30 minuits to get an answer from them , so i drove 3 hrs only to be told someone had took the keys home, they knew i was coming to see a 307.when they did get the keys a cement mixer would have started better. in first and 2 gear it would only rev to 3000 rpm, i never lifted the bonnet, if this is the sort of firm that you want do deal with ( BEWARE ) IT ONLY COST ME 60 QUID IN FUEL it could have been a lot more , i wish i had… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2011

Hello m8 can u tell me what 307 you looked at cos my silver 307 was in for repair at that time all I have had is trouble with this car they r conmen.how can they sleep at night

Read 1 Comment

“THESE PEOPLE ARE ROBBING SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 20/08/2011 by g.unit (1 review written)

I went there and bought a nissan largo spoke to the so called boss and asked for my deposit back he just gave me abuse down the phone and point blank refused to talk to me face to face, pile of junk wouldnt even start when i went to collect it, half the stuff advertised on advert was a lie, iv got a appointment with citizens advice and ombodsman coming up, hopefully get this place closed once and for all and make sure he CANNOT open another dodgy so called buisness… Read Full Review

“WARNING!!! DO NOT TRUST THIS SCUM DEALER”

Written on: 10/06/2011

I could write a essay!!! This owner Nasser has recently been fined £11,000 after selling a dangerousvehicle..hes currently on community service! ...saldy I didnt know this when I bought my car...he promised new MOT and serice and new wing mirror.....had car back...wrong shaped wing mirror stuck on top!...MOT done..wait...2 side lights NOT working!...airbag light on, service light still on!....we were told leave the car with them for a week and all will be sorted...no courtesy car offered...1… Read Full Review

“Hmm, I'm not surprised. This company was known as...”

Written on: 15/04/2011

Hmm, I'm not surprised. This company was known as Trade Price Cars, Barry. Who are notorious crooks. The owner was prosecuted on March 17th 2011 for selling Cat D insurance right off. I brought a car from him 2 years ago, which had the wrong plates on and wrong tax for the car. Stay well clear. God knows how he keeps trading. It's a mystery… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 02/06/2011

Trade Price Cars is only one of several names used within the company. Have now given up getting my money back. Fair trade union and other instances in this county are worthless. No help at all and still keeps people like this crook on their "good" register.

“BMW 745i ”

Written on: 24/03/2011 by mmigran (1 review written)

BMW 745i
Buying the car posed no problems whatsoever. It's the after service that is the issue with this dealer.
As I live in Cornwall it was agreed that any claims under warranty could be sorted here, rather than taking the car back to Cardiff area. In agreement I was to pay for a part of the bill, i.e. diagnostics and they would pay for repairs.
On the way home the car developed a misfire that turned out to be air mass meter failure.
Had meter changed and paid for diagnostics and bill was… Read Full Review