DPD Express Parcel Delivery

DPD UK Express Parcel Delivery - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for DPD UK Express Parcel Delivery

DPD Express Parcel Delivery

“it`s a BAD joke not a company - TERRIBLE”

Written on: 12/10/2022 by Londoner2022 (1 review written)

Do NOT use DPD NEVER it is not a proper company, it`s a really bad joke. Very careless staff Very bad business management Very ignorant organization Zero trustworthiness If a company says that they use DPD, I cancel doing business with them. Please do NOT use this company if you value your life and your time. What happend me TWICE? First incident with DPD: At 11:46 am , I got a text saying that my parcel`s arriving today and then started to track my parcel down. As everyone knows, DPD and their unprofessional staff does NOT care our parcel, I knew they`d screw my delivery too, that`s why I took a lot of screenshot of my driver`s location, what the driver`ll do next, etc. , sadly even the driver never reach my address nor near my neighborhood, I got a text saying the driver did try to come to my address and can NOT reach me at 17:49 on the same day. I tried to reach their super classy customer service, waited roughly 25 mins, the agent said only sorry but it was my fault that I was NOT at home. After explained what it happend and mentioned that I`ve got a lot of screenshots about the issue, they did NOTHING and they will NOTHING as they are not a proper business company but a clown company. Please do NOT use this company if you value your life and your time. STAY AWAY FROM DPD IT`S A NOT PROPER COMPANY.

“Don't know what they're doing! ”

Written on: 22/09/2022 by MikeCarter10369 (10 reviews written)

Got an email last night to say delivery of parcel expected today. Tracking on their app says parcel not collected yet. Tried phoning them all I got was delivery options repeated by a sick dalek. The what's app chat is equally as useless. You can't contact a human. Welcome to the new competition to bad customer service to rival Evri!

“DPD Didn't knock just stuck a note to the outside of...”

Written on: 15/09/2022 by Mr_L_England (1 review written)

Mobile phone supposed to be delivered by DPD between 12:12 - 13:12, I have a doorbell and a dog who barks when anyone knocks or rings the doorbell. Nothing. Once the time had passed I went to look outside and there was a piece of paper wedged into the doorframe, when I opened the door it flew away so I chased after it and saw the tracking QR code, scanned it in and they said they'd tried to deliver but this is absolute rubbish, they just had to ring or knock and I was right there waiting! I appreciate that they may be on a tight schedule but it would have taken a second. Is there a benefit to them having to come back? I wonder if they get paid double for the two trips? Thankfully it is 3 mobile that has to pay them not me but to not enough knock, ring, or even dare post the card through my letterbox for fear of me answering just doesn't make sense other than they actually WANTED to come back tomorrow?! The hilarious part is the calling card goes on about saving CO2 but they have to drive back here tomorrow! Will chase up with DPD and 3 and speak to the guy tomorrow to hear their excuses...

“ABSOLUTELY UTTERLY USELESS”

Written on: 09/08/2022 by Santiago139 (1 review written)

DPD are absolutely useless, or at least there drivers are, I ordered some telephones on the internet, they said they would call Saturday between 12.00 - 13.00 they didn't turn up at all Sat but decided to call Sunday with out informing me, I was out, they then said they would call Monday, I waited in all day and they didn't turn up again, now I can't contact anyone, what idiot would use DPD, I always use Royal mail or Parcel force and they are excellent.

“Pretty much every time I get a DPD delivery (not by...”

Written on: 13/07/2022 by 1952Ware (1 review written)

Pretty much every time I get a DPD delivery (not by choice) they send me a text giving a time, I wait patiently and the driver doesn't bother turning up . . . Then I get a message saying they attempted delivery, which is a blatant lie (not only have I watched the street and my door, but there is not even a card through the door) . . . Pathetic, worthless company.

“The most corrupt delivery company in the UK.”

Written on: 16/06/2022 by Shorty-oof. (1 review written)

The Carlisle depot accepts bribes to mess with peoples deliveries. Opened, not delivered multiple times, gone missing, etc. Negative rating for these jokers.

“Appalling”

Written on: 15/02/2022 by Colemanab15 (1 review written)

Here to write YET another bad review for DPD, just a month after I had left another review and was assured of proper service going forward. The driver chooses to pretend we are not at home, and either deliberately delivers the parcel to the wrong house or delivers it to a collection point (miles away from our location!). When I try to complain about it in the chat function in the app, either I get robots, or the customer service people are rude and end the chat or hang up. We used to prefer DPD above all other delivery services in the past — in the last few months, this has definitely changed. Absolutely appalling service, and giving Hermes serious competition in whose service can be worse.

“AWFUL”

Written on: 04/02/2022 by LICCYH (1 review written)

Driver said he had attempted delivery. Not true. We were at home all the time and have dogs who would have barked. No card. Now have to travel some distance to their 'collection point'. AWFUL.

“Basic incompetence”

Written on: 27/08/2021 by GradyStanton (1 review written)

I waited in for the 1hr window and then received a text saying delivery had been attempted but nobody was in. Phoned the retailer because you can’t phone DPD. Transpires that the delivery was attempted next door, despite both houses being detached and clear numbering at the front of each. Inflexibility of system means that delivery will now have to be attempted on another day. Such a basic mistake.

“Worst place to work ever”

Written on: 30/07/2021 by ChelseaMacKay455 (1 review written)

This is the worst company to work. I've been working there for a long time. Begining was quite allright menagment team make everything to think that you're in right place. However everything is depends on the people who works there. Massive change came in 2020 in one of Leicestershire depot and everything falls down. Treating drivers as a rubbish, charging for completaly everything, no support at all, cheating on prices, rates. Draining from you all the money even it wasn't your fault as a mention above no support in any places from dpd. If you have a choice please avoid this "Company of the year" they forgot to say thats is the worst company of the year.

“How are they still in business?”

Written on: 19/07/2021 by freq77 (2 reviews written)

After ordering stock from OverclockersUK and receiving a confirmation on delivery, I waited quietly during my 1 hour slot only to receive an email that they attempted to deliver in the form of "Oh no! WE'VE MISSED YOU", after checking the Dpd browser page about my delivery I noticed the driver had basically taken a photo of the outside of my flat and drove off. I then went off to find some online support for Dpd, it doesn't exist, it's and endless loop of automation, I'm dreading to know just how much that cost me. Delivery attempt number 2, watched the browser map of the drivers' where-abouts, was very close, I was 121 in the queue, driver was at 119, all of a sudden an email, "Oh no! WE'VE MISSED YOU" then a photo of my block of flats taken from inside the delivery van 40 or so meters away. I contacted OverclockersUK and was told that the stock would be returned and I would be refunded, Dpd are charging companies to do one thing and they are unable to do it, the lazy drivers can continue to be lazy and useless because there is no recourse, no customer support, the fact there is no direct customer support where anyone can resolve anything or report rude, lazy or negligent drivers shows they care very little about their customer base. I'm sure Watchdog or some other consumer-rights body would have a field day once they'd scratched the surface of what goes on with DPD and its practices.

“Not following health guidance and said didn't care if...”

Written on: 07/04/2021 by elSmith160 (1 review written)

On several occasions delivery guy and shop that does drop off/pick up refused to wear masks or make space. When I asked them not to endanger me said didn't care if I died as I'm ill. DPD head office have refused to act on complaint or give me complaint procedure. They also told me their advice to drivers is they don't have to wear masks! Management have no concern about the safety of the public or their staff. They've made a huge amount of money as a result of the the pandemic but, if they've probably also been spreading the virus around the country

“Lost package, once again”

Written on: 11/12/2020 by peter00123 (3 reviews written)

I really don't know why people or organisations use DPD when there are better alternative on the market! Ordered a Christmas present for my mum from abroad. It was shipped on time but guess what? Lost by DPD. I contacted DPD and the 'representative' confirmed they have lost track of it but told me to call the company and ask them put in a claim!! How does that help me!? He didn't even offer to, or maybe DPD is not capable of, doing a search for it. It has reached the UK and they have confirmed receipt of it! Also, this is the third time in about two years they have lost a package of mine. I do wish people in charge of posting stuff read these reviews before they choose DPD :(

“Stayed home all day. Watched the DPD driver deliver to...”

Written on: 04/09/2020 by Pjones197772 (1 review written)

Stayed home all day. Watched the DPD driver deliver to other houses. Suddenly my delivery status is ‘not at home, couldn’t contact’. DPD: their lazy driver could not be bothered to cross the street.

“Brilliant”

Written on: 16/06/2020 by Brenda0303 (2 reviews written)

Fantastic service, the tracking is acurate and you can even follow the driver using the information given on the day of your delivery. Only took few days since order placed. Driver took photo of delivered goods.

“Absolute rubbish!”

Written on: 26/05/2020 by Leblanc480 (1 review written)

hopeless, utterly hopeless. No idea what the hell they are doing. 16 days and still waiting. All other shippers took 2-3 days. Zero customer support - literally ZERO! Cant even get through to check what the problem is. Web chat says closed for the day try tomorrow! It 1130 on Monday morning! PATHETIC in every way. Steer clear!

“A soggy Christmas Present - but who cares-certainly...”

Written on: 12/12/2019 by Muellerhe102 (1 review written)

Event - DPD delivery at 13.14 on 12 Dec (all recorded on security cam) No early morning DPD notification of any kind of a pending delivery. No DPD notification that delivery has been completed. It's as if no DPD event has occurred today. It has however, rained heavily all day long. We went out and returned late afternoon, to find a "CARDBOARD" package sitting in front of the garage. It was in the rain, and on the ground which was soaking wet. In the box was a Christmas present for our son. It's going to look awful when we hand it over to him. Do DPD care --- absolutely not. DPD drivers seem to be brainless idiots who don't give a damn what happens to customer's goods. Whatever happened to REDELIVERY?? No chance, they're not returning --- it's all our fault for not being at home, even though we weren't told !! And when we are at home, we get 5 seconds to get to the door. Our last delivery a week ago, was like this. Doorbell rang. I rushed downstairs to get to the door, and saw the driver opening the front gate and leaving, and our package was left on the doorstep. I called out to him, and he (begrudgingly) returned. I told him that customers should be given more than 5 seconds to get to the door. He replied -- "we're only allowed to wait 5-10 seconds at the door, then we have to go". WHAT!!! And what if I had rushed downstairs to try to get to the door even quicker, slipped and fell down the stairs?? I rang DPD, and was told that they're given up to 1 minute to wait at the door for it to be answered. Sounds like DPD drivers do whatever they want. At one time DPD were the best, they are now close to the bottom of my list. What a complete waste of time DPD have become!! I shall be writing to the retailer to advise them how unprofessional their courier is, as well as posting my comments on review sites.

“Totally Incompetent. Zero * op[tion needed.”

Written on: 11/12/2019 by Laverdabru1116 (30 reviews written)

Having worked as a self employed courier, also as a postie, for many years, I usually have much sympathy for delivery firms. Had a week off due. Ordered some m/cycle parts from M&P, due to arrive on the Monday. Tuesday, DPD tracking service inform me the package has been delivered to another address in another city & signed for - by someone with a totally different name. Chase up M&P/DPD, each claims the other is at fault. I spend the next few days of my week off awaiting a promised delivery. Cancel a day out with my wife, going to a funeral/overnight stay out of the area - every time I look at the tracking (when it works!) it tells me it has been returned to depot for delivery the next day. Basically, they lost the packet & could not find it. It eventually turned up on the Friday.

“Shocking Company”

Written on: 25/05/2019 by 343Ortiz (1 review written)

Terrible company. Customer service is shockingly poor and not interested in your problem, which is normally caused by their utter incompetence. My 2 packages (from the same company) arrived in my local depot on early morning of 22nd May, and I was informed that these would be delivered on the 23rd. they never arrived. I checked the dpd web to check to find nothing had happen. Next day I was told that they would be arriving….. took a day off work this time…. No parcels…. So, I made contact with the customer service department, to hear a pre-recorded message saying that we DPD, know you may be angry but to be nice to the other person on the phone (probably because of DPDs poor service). What a mistake. They are extremely unhelpful and don’t seem to care… no wonder people get angry. On 2 occasions I was told a load of stories to try and fob me off, actually blaming the company I had bought the goods from. Anyway, 24th I received parcel 2 of 2, so phone them again, to be told that the 1 of 2 was out to be delivered that same day… I wasn’t surprised to not receive that parcel and am still awaiting its arrival. Never use this company… the whole setup is unbelievable poor.

“Waited in all day - they kept me hanging on saying the...”

Written on: 29/03/2019 by hostelgirl (8 reviews written)

Waited in all day - they kept me hanging on saying the driver was running late. Then as it turned to evening suddenly the story changed and they'd tried to deliver but they'd "missed me". Complete rubbish as I've been in all day. 15 mins on hold to get through to customer service only to talk to Seren rho could tell me absolutely nothing. I may as well have talked to the wall. So no parcel yet and a complete waste of my day staying home for these incompetent Muppets.

Asked by jbra on 27th July 2016 Report this content
DPD have my parcel, they have now told me there was a fire at the depot which was holding it and they think it may be there. They made no attempt to tell me this, I have chased them. They just kept saying my parcel had been delayed and moving the delivery date. I have contacted the seller (Netherlands company) and they will not refund me until they receive the parcel. which I'm guessing is now damaged or at worse, ash. Who is responsible DPD or seller?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Answers (1)
Report this content LynnSM Written on: 10/08/2016
If your parcel was insured for damage as part of your postage costs, I would think DPD are responsible for paying the seller compensation. Not sure of the full details of your parcel but I had a similar issue with a parcel sent to an EBay buyer by myself using Royal Mail. I had to refund the buyer & claim the compensation from Royal Mail as they damaged the parcel! I hope that helps Lynn