SG Petch, York - york.sgpetch.co.uk

• Customer service

SG Petch, York - york.sgpetch.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Terrible customer service”

written by Tomp3 on 27/03/2018

Back communications, rude telephone staff, car always came out of their garage worse than it went in, damaged parts, scratches, services not as described and no interest when you complain. Deeply regret getting involved with them wasted alot of time and expense. Worse garage I have e countered defiantly avoid

“Dreadful internet experience!”

written by KylaRamirez on 09/10/2014

I simply haven't got time to list the glitches and problems that occurred when trying to order parts via their website. (Prices displayed incorrectly, without VAT and much more!) Turns out to be impossible to find out whether or not they've taken your money/accepted order and no phone assistance is available. I'll buy from my local Mitsubishi dealer in future!

“Worst Dealer Ever”

written by truthabounds on 30/04/2013

Purchased a Proceed 1.6 CRDi in april 2012 but noticed rust when the car was 10 months old. Phoned after sales manager and promised the problem would be sorted out when first service took place as well as body check. Car taken back to SG Petch for warranty claim on 2nd April 2013 where photo's were taken to be sent off to Kia warranty. Had the car serviced on same day where a steering bush was found to need replacing after only 7900 miles.Phone warranty manager on 12th April 2013 to be told phot's not sent off yet and steering bush not even ordered. Have since then had to fight tooth and nail to get anything out of SG Petch in regards to the repairing of a small rust spot. Have now had to go via Kia Customer Service after SG Petch sent a estimate for repair of £434 with labour charges for 6 hours work. With Kia Customer service help and goodwill have gone to a Kia dealer in Hull who are repairing the rust problem next week at a cost to me of £30. SG Petch is the Worst Dealer I have ever dealt with.

Westpark60's Response to truthabounds's Review

Written on: 12/05/2013

SGPetch are the worst dealer? They don't build the cars they just sell them and if it has had rust on then they can hardly control that! They have taken photos and sent them to the warranty department what else can they do until they come back?? There not going to repair it without Kia saying they would cover it are they?! And £30 must be the worst repair in the world! You can't get a panel polished for £30!

Truthabounds's reply to Westpark60's Comment

Written on: 13/05/2013

Hi Weastpark60's . I Agree Kia are at fault for the poor build quality but SG Petch took warranty pictures on 2nd April 2013 but I phoned on 12th April and no action in regard to warranty claim had been submitted to Kia including ordering the parts that had been found needing repalcement on 2nd April. As for repairs not being carried out by dealership before a warranty claim is completed , Toyota & Mazda dealers have carried out minor repairs before clearance from the manufacturers and both said if there was any problem the repairs would be done as a show of goodwill from them. My daughter has a 4 year old Hyundai i20 which has small rust bubbles on window area and it is booked in for repairs already after taking it to the Burrows, Hyundai at Horbury, Nr Wakefield last Wednesday. I stand by my claim that in all my years of buying cars which is something I have been doing for 40 years and more I have never had such bad service as I received at SG Petch, Jockey Lane , York. If you go onto Kia Forum you will find that I am not the only Kia owner complaining about them.

“Website Prices Wrong”

written by on 17/04/2013

I had seen what looked to be a good priced item on their website only to find that after going through the registration and buying process it was actually wrongly priced and they refused to sell it to me! The item in question had another price put on it a few days later, but that was also wrong! Time Wasters

“worst salesman ever seen”

written by gary123456 on 04/02/2013

told him price limit we had but didnt listen kept offering new vehicle prices even though we said up to 1 year old, was annoyed we didnt jump at their rip off finance package then offerd us 1/2 the price for our part ex vehicle webuyanycar was better price!!!! very scruffy, dealer is probably ok but this saleman let them down. will definetly go to anoter dealer and spend our hard earned money!!!

“Bought A Kia Cee'd from Petches 18 months ago and have...”

written by on 05/10/2010

Bought A Kia Cee'd from Petches 18 months ago and have had one problem after another. Initially the stereo stopped working, this then triggered off a sequence of the battery running flat, and other electrical problems eg alarm sounding while driving around, doors locking and unlocking while internal and external lights going on and off. Petches were disinterested in our problems and did the mimimum they had to to try and resolve the problem. We are now on our 4th stereo, this includes them fitting the wrong model and insisting that we were wrong. They provided the wrong aux/usb connector then insisting the car should not have this capability. Last time the stereo was due to be replaced we had been told it was on order for 6 months, they had never ordered it. The branch manager has tried to lay all of the blame at the hands of his old service manager despite being in charge of the branch since it opened and has since made dispariging comments about his new service manager. In the 18 months of owning the car we have never gone more than 3 months without experiencing electrical problems. I would stay well clear of Petches as in my experience they are not interested in the customer, quality of service or quality of car.

Westpark60's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2013

Your problem stems in your first sentence. "bought a Kia....."