Peugeot Vivacity 125 Reviews

Peugeot Vivacity 125 - Ask a question now

“Reliable great looking bike”

written by 334O'Donnell on 09/10/2020

I ride Peugeot Vivacity 3 125 for five years, bought for £1000 at 11k miles and have now 30k. Bought it as a first scooter. It let me down just couple of times in 5years and mostly in the winter. I highly recommend buying an expensive battery if you planning to ride it in winter ❄️ I bought with broken kick start and never bothered to fix it as my electric ⚡️ start was reliable enough. I spend a lotttt of money on it to get it fixed. So every year failed my mot probably coz I didn't maintain it well enough. I would like to mention that is has a great storage room underneath the seat which will allow you to fit full-sized helmet and lots of other staff. Also has front storage space which is quite handy to use. Fell of this bike couple of times but after all just scratches on plastic and bending mirror which is easy to readjust. Mirrors a quite good on this bike, easy to see traffic behind. Adequate speed up from the traffic lights. It's a very light bike( 120kg) so makes easy to manoeuvre. Speedometer looking good with light blue neon from inside and also digital time on speedo is useful. 7litres fuel tank, very economical actually. Bad points Top speed is round 50-55 not more The engine is not so powerful (7hp). My average drive is 30-40mph as its not so powerful. Its a bit slow for me Lights always switched on Most expensive was to replace carb, exhaust, tyres, brake pads, front disks, central stand.

“First Scooter”

written by on 16/02/2013

I bought this scooter to use around town and to get to work most days (a couple of miles each way), when I could not afford a new car. The best thing for me, is that a tank of fuel costs under a fiver! And this lasts weeks for the journeys I take. The storage on the Vivacity was one of the main selling points for me. I can store my helmet (full Shoei) and gloves under the seat, and still have room in the front compartment for other things. I've had this scooter 6 months now, and just had the 2nd service. I know some people mentioned the cost of the services; this cost me £50 (I suppose some of the later services are more involved). I had a minor problem with the scooter cutting out, but the guys at the garage I bought it from were happy to help and adjusted the revs. Also, I need to do more longer journeys to help with wearing the engine in, especially with the cold weather now. This is a great little scooter, and I would recommend it with the £500 discount that a lot of Peugeot dealers seem to offer.

“Peugeot Vivacity 125”

written by on 23/08/2012

Just reached first 500kms and can't fault it. I've always had motor bikes (Fireblade/Ninja/Triumph Tiger) but for convenience and economy it's great. I do a short commute to work everyday and average about 110 kms per gallon (4.4 litres). Great storage capacity (in fact I lost my wetsuit for 2 weeks because I forgot it was in the front storage compartment!) With the lousy weather we've had this year I have also been impressed by the weather protection. As long as it's not hammering down with rain you don't really get wet on a short journey unless you have to stop. After 4 months, it still brings a smile to my face when I ride it. I wouldn't corner hard with those little wheels, but if you want something that just goes without any fuss go and get one.

“my own experience”

written by on 22/04/2012

had my vivacity3 125 for 12 months and is used daily for a 25mile commute.its proved very reliable even in heavy rain just keeps going.the storage is good with the front compartment an added bonus.i get 65 mpg and just about manage to get to 60mph so how you get 90mpg is a mystery to me .i have it serviced exactly how the manual states to keep the two year warranty and the 5000km service was £80.00 which i thought was steep.its a comfortable bike to ride and if it had a bit more power would be perfect.

“My Vivacity 125 is great moved job needed transport as...”

written by on 10/05/2011

My Vivacity 125 is great moved job needed transport as usual no cash got scooter from Central Scooters in Dudley good blokes had scooter now for 2 months done 6000 miles its had two services which were very cheap always starts runs great does 95 mpg n costs me £45.00 per month on the knock but saves me that in petrol n parking over my old car very happy

“Brought my scooter just as the price was reduced to...”

written by on 12/04/2011

Brought my scooter just as the price was reduced to 1699 so had pid the higher price went back to my dealer in stoke how reduced to price to the new rate. Overall l am very happy with the Vivacity its very economical 95 mpg and comfortable and does 60mph on the A50 on my way into work every morning a very good buy l would recomend it to anyone.

“My first impression when I was it (before buying) was...”

written by on 05/04/2011

My first impression when I was it (before buying) was it had a lot of storage and I was told a topbox could be fitted. Next day I saw it (after buying) we turned it on and it stalled. I was told it had a tight engine and needed to be run in a 100 miles, and that I had to rev it to keep it going (not a good idea with automatics, for the gears etc). Driving it seamed slugish and needed going down a steep hill to reach 50 MPH, barely. Less than a week from the shop it broke down in the middle of the night, and in the middle of nowhere. Definitely not worth the money that night. I will no more of the outcome after the end of the week when the parts come to be installed (a brand new bike needs new parts in it, rather defeats the purpose of buying a brand new bike doesn't it).

Guest's Comment

Written on: 04/06/2011

Sounds as though you were thrashing it from new and it seized up. You should really run the engine in....

Read 1 Comment

“Had my vivacity 125 now for 6 months just had second...”

written by on 29/03/2011

Had my vivacity 125 now for 6 months just had second service the bike has so far been excellent I travel about 100 miles a week and a tank of petrol lasts me 10 days I used to travel by bus to work but the scooter is quicker and actually cheaper so I am very pleased it is nippy (65 mph) and very goood on fuel its has only had only fault that being a nail in the rear tyre which my dealer Streffords of worcester sorted for me while I waited all in all I would recommend the Vivacity to anyone.

“I wanted to share my opinion on my new scooter have...”

written by on 29/03/2011

I wanted to share my opinion on my new scooter have just picked up my Peugeot in stunning white.I am so pleased with it its hard to put into words.I owned a Piaggio fly125 previously and have to say a good bike but my new ones much better. it has a large storage compartment behind the front bodywork! No one like coughing up almost £1700 just to get to work but I am so happy with this scooter. Steve in Buckinghamshire.

“Just replaced my three yer old vclic with a a new...”

written by on 26/08/2010

Just replaced my three yer old vclic with a a new vivacity 125 one month in am very happy bike pulls me along very nicely at 65 mph extra storage is very good and l get 95mpg very happy