Remeha Avanta Plus Reviews

Remeha Avanta Plus - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Remeha Avanta Plus

“terrible service”

Written on: 15/12/2021 by quinten (1 review written)

We have remeha 120 eco in our building. a part must be replaced more than a week waiting for this part to arrive. we live in central Antwerp, they have a warehouse within a few minutes drive. (Wommelgem). They say it comes from France. The furthest place in France is approx. 15-hour drive from us, I begged them to go fetch it myself they would not agree. 10 apartments without warm water and heating for more than a week. ridiculous. … Read Full Review

“Remeha avanta boilers”

Written on: 07/06/2021 by Huffman103 (1 review written)

35 years as a gas engineer and I'm disappointed to read so many bad reviews on these boilers? I have fitted 3 in total when I have had to replace a cheaper end of market boiler. No they aren't Vaillant quality, but they're not Vaillant prices? I have found them to be very reliable if serviced and installed correctly. Have had to replace ignition unit, and gas valve after 6 years use, never had to replace a pcb, or pump and they are getting on for nearly 10 years old now. I'd say that's… Read Full Review

“Totally unreliable”

Written on: 27/02/2019 by loveclose (4 reviews written)

Always going wrong requiring a part to be replaced each time. So many parts replaced, and now the pump has packed in again. Casing is getting rusty, and apparently casings are not replaceable. Rust clearly visible around area where pipes enter the bottom of the boiler. Not putting up with the constant breakdowns anymore, and am awaiting a new boiler installation. It's not going to be another Remeha. Given our experience of consistent breakdown and part replacement, buy this boiler if you… Read Full Review

“great boiler”

Written on: 19/05/2018 by Beasley156 (1 review written)

had a remeha combi in my first house and it was faultless, got a baxi avanta system boiler in my current house and i'm still a fan. i make my living as a gas engineer and never come across any of these boilers that have been unreliable when fitted properly with filters and set up correctly. if only baxi still made these instead of the outdated boilers they churn out now… Read Full Review

“7 years no fault”

Written on: 16/05/2017 by saffy90 (5 reviews written)

Pretty good boiler had it fitted 7 years ago, no problems, we have a huge house with 17 radiators and it works year in , year out, I did have a problem with overpressure vent when hot as the internal expansion vessel was not big enough, but thats a fitting issue, I bought a external vessel for 25£ and fitted it to the hot water line, never been a problem since. A lot of the time its dirty water, corrosion that kills boilers and gums up valves, flush out the system before you get a new boiler… Read Full Review

“IT WILL BOIL YOUR TEMPER”

Written on: 20/12/2016 by GeorgeTimmons33 (1 review written)

My Avanta plus 28C was installed on 19/02/2010 and in that time it has been the most unreliable boiler I've ever had the misfortune to come across. In the 1st year, whilst still under warranty (thank goodness), it had to have a replacement expansion tank, a replacement actuator (leaking) and something to do with the gas valve. Outside of the warranty I have had to pay to have yet another actuator fitted (£89) and now the electronic controlboard needs replacing at a cost of over £300. Gas… Read Full Review

Aspec999's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2017

I also have the same remeha boiler and it's just been condemned by British gas engineer on his 1st visit.
I only called them out for a service and he's rendered it unsafe and capped off my gas supply.
The issue is underneath where the plastic pipe enters the boiler, it's got a large amount of rust around the base.
It must be leaking internally possibly a seal, a simple fix I had hoped. But the boiler is now no more and have no choice to source a new one. But not through BG as he's probably just after commission. Not happy.

Written on: 13/03/2017

I too have had incredible issues with my Avanta Plus (35c) with countless E4, E5 and E6 faults and have recently replaced the control unit in the hope that this would solve the issue. It didn't.

In the end I contacted Baxi (who bought Remeha) via email with the problems we were having and we received a very thorough response the day after with some possible solutions. We decided to get a Baxi engineer to come and have a look at it (they offer cover for £26 per month which covers unlimited call outs and parts) and within 40 mins he had replaced all the parts associated with the faults and he clearly understood the machine (something that can't be said of the several engineers who had visited previously). I would highly recommend taking advantage of this service before deciding to change your boiler and I wish I had done it sooner, it would have saved a small fortune!

In our case the persistent E5 fault was due to a faulty transformer (the thing the ionisation pin plugs into rather than the pin itself) and it is now behaving as it should and I'm also reassured in the knowledge that if anything goes wrong I can call them out as many times as required. I wish someone had given me this advice a few years ago!

Read 2 Comments

“I have an Avanta plus boiler with a E5 error code,...”

Written on: 20/10/2016 by MaximusMcCabe142 (1 review written)

I have an Avanta plus boiler with a E5 error code, I've had 4 visits from British gas engineer's to find a the cause of an E5 error, my boiler is only 6 to 7 years old and each time the engineers had thought they had fixed the problem and a few hours or days later the error code comes back and the boiler is no longer working. Do not buy any boiler from Remehea as their customer service sucks, I've called them up in the past to service the boiler only to be told that they don't do call outs in… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/10/2016

The E5 Error was a failure of the ignition module on my Avanta 39C. The same module passes the ionisation current to the controller.

The part was around £30 and it's a plug in part fitted within 5 minutes. People assume that because the boiler fires up that the ignition module is not at fault.

Another cause can be the main burner gasket that was originally a fireproof rope, It has been redesigned as a graphite gasket. Regukar servicing should eliminate the burner gasket issue as they form part of the service kit.

Written on: 13/03/2017

In our case the persistent E5 fault was due to a faulty transformer (the thing the ionisation pin plugs into rather than the pin itself as had been suggested) and it is now behaving as it should and I'm also reassured in the knowledge that if anything goes wrong I can call them out as many times as required. I wish someone had given me this advice a few years ago!

Jmd12's Comment

Written on: 17/01/2018

hi I had E5 error too - called company whose label was on boiler - 3 visits and still comes back. I can reset it for a short time if needed but not long term solution. Baxi said they could come but don't you need to pay a monthly fee - is that normal?

Read 3 Comments

“E4 and E5 Error non-stop”

Written on: 12/10/2016

Been in this property for 4 and a half years. Boiler had to be fixed about 3 years ago. Other than that it has been working fine. But recently keep getting E4 and E5 error messages and have to continually press the Reset button in order to get it working again. Can be very annoying as you can be in the middle of a shower when the hot water goes off. Weather starting to get colder now, so will have to call a plumber round to try and fix it… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/10/2016

Another cause can be the main burner gasket that was originally a fireproof rope, It has been redesigned as a graphite gasket. Regular servicing should eliminate the burner gasket issue as they form part of the service kit.

Read 1 Comment

“Nothing but trouble don't bother ”

Written on: 03/08/2016 by 384Puckett (1 review written)

Replaced nearly every component and still constantly get half way through a shower and the boiler trips out with an E5 fault code. Wouldn't ever have one of these again… Read Full Review

“ROTTEN SERVICE”

Written on: 04/05/2016 by EverettVaughn499 (1 review written)

TODAY FOR THIRD TIME BAXI FAILED TO TURN UP TO UNDERTAKE CONTRACTED SERVICE… Read Full Review

“incomprehensible”

Written on: 28/03/2016 by McGinniskc1993 (1 review written)

The opersting instructions are completely incomprehensible.In addition the unit is far from fault free and I regret having this model installed… Read Full Review

“continuation of previous.”

Written on: 22/03/2016 by chillidaze (3 reviews written)

Today emailed the CEO of Remaha as got nowhere with customer relations, did not get a reply (well! didn't really expect to) but called by customer relation (Ha!Ha!) After no success there asked to be put through to CEO, of course he wasn't there, spoke to his PA, well! I'd love you all to listen to the recording. When asked if she had seen the reviews written about Remeha, she remarked that she "Didn't Care" Well that basically sums up the whole company. Suffice to say that they couldn't… Read Full Review

“continuation of previous.”

Written on: 22/03/2016 by chillidaze (3 reviews written)

“Don't waste your money”

Written on: 05/03/2016 by pansypea1 (2 reviews written)

Had a Remaha avanta installed 4 years ago, still under warranty although they now tell us they only give 2 year warranties! My husband was discharged from hospital on a Thursday and our boiler broke down on the Friday. We called in an independent engineer to fix it but after an hour told us that it was a rubbish boiler and that he did not want to get involved with the repair. I called British Gas who although I wasn't a customer of theirs came out immediatley but after 2 days without success… Read Full Review

Chillidaze's Response to pansypea1's Review

Written on: 20/03/2016

just found our paperwork with our warranty clearly stating we have a five year warranty. Am taking things further with remeha as I am the person who paid £1000 for a new boiler as I to was told it was no longer under warranty. watch this space.

“Do not buy”

Written on: 08/02/2016 by Phillip14 (1 review written)

These boilers are rubbish. Okay for a year or two, then constantly break down with the familia E5 number and all other E numbers flashing. Had nearly every part replace within 4 years and still breaks down several times a year. Avoid these boilers. … Read Full Review

Read 1 Comment

“Don't buy. Under warranty but refused to replace”

Written on: 26/10/2015 by Dakota28 (1 review written)

Boiler was installed in 2011 and during the last gas safety inspection it was condemned as being unsafe as the casing had rusted due to condensate leaking. Remeha claimed that casing is not covered under warranty as not a part of the boiler?! and leaking condensate should have been picked up earlier. They would not replace casing as beyond economical repair and would not provide new boiler hence am massively out of pocket. Please avoid these boilers. Since Baki have taken over Remeha I think… Read Full Review

Barrywscott's Comment

Written on: 30/03/2017

I have the same corrosion problem with my Remeha boiler, Baxi todate are refusing to acknowledge there is a problem. The boiler was installed in 2010 and in addition to the corrosion problem has had the two E5 code faults requiring change of valves, etc. Is this the worst boiler on the planet?

Read 1 Comment

“Worst most expensive boiler i,be ever used”

Written on: 30/09/2015 by moanac6 (1 review written)

I,m a landlord with four boiler central heating systems Firstly do not leave instructions with remnants who will fiddle with set ups until you have to spend an hour trying to reset Second, after 18mths hot water ceased 200 pounds plus Third and final error showed fan faulty,after taking tech.advice fan replaced Fan worked but showed new fault code advice again and told PCB faulty enough Fan away 176+vat!! non refundable so plus call and labour 250 to find still u/s So overpriced spares poor… Read Full Review

“Great boilers”

Written on: 13/06/2015 by Boilerbusters (1 review written)

Need servicing properly on the fourth year and 4 parts changed .run on a CLEAN system with filter this boiler will last 15 years with no trouble. People think you fit a boiler for a £100 fit and never spend a penny on it after that and think it will last forever and when it does eventually breakdown it's the boiler that is "crap"! If you have a rolls Royce and you spend no money on upkeep and it breaks down is it rubbish! I have fitted over 100 remehas over past 8years all are still… Read Full Review

Chillidaze's Response to Boilerbusters's Review

Written on: 20/03/2016

You are obviously either paid by them or make a lot of money for charging top price for rubbish boilers.

Boilerbusters's reply to Chillidaze's Comment

Written on: 21/03/2016

Neither! I just know how to install a boiler properly onto a clean system but clearly my criticism of installers and poor installation appears to have hit a nerve with you!

Read 2 Comments

“lasted nearly 5 years in tenanted property before E5 error”

Written on: 28/03/2015 by Milian (1 review written)

I was advised to buy this combi boiler nearly 5 years ago , alternative was Valliant. It is a powerful efficient boiler- had a new bathroom installed and the bathroom installer said it was producing too much hot water!, -produces good hot water . After 4 years and 10 months tenants are getting E5 error message. Intermittent fault. Called Rehema re 5 year warranty and they say its only for parts£300+ charge for call out to fit E5 kit. Rehema (was Broag) have now been taken over by Baxi , who… Read Full Review

Chestnut2000's Response to Milian's Review

“dont buy”

Written on: 22/03/2015 by irHardy1986 (1 review written)

boiler started with e5 problems when the boiler was 3years old we are always ringing the engineer the last time was on 18 march 2015 and he put an e5 kit in still doing e5 my advice pick another make… Read Full Review