Universal Provident Health Insurance Reviews

5.0
  • Customer service

Universal Provident Health Insurance - Ask a question now

“I chose this policy because it was cheap. Did I get...”

written by Catbells on 25/01/2010

I chose this policy because it was cheap. Did I get cheap service? No!

When I made a claim on the In Care policy, the staff were cheerful, friendly, encouraging and concerned about my health. They made a few simple checks. It's important to do this to reduce the false claims that increase the cost of premiums and I was happy to help them do this. After that there were no questions, no quibbles. Everything was paid for. They would even have paid for me to have private check ups afterwards as an outpatient. Outpatient treatment isn't covered, except when related to a claim for in patient treatment.

The main reason it's cheap is that they don't cover the first consultation with the specialist that your GP refers you to. This wasn't a problem for me as I got in to see him very quickly on the NHS. I think that the lack of forms, questions and quibbling must also help keep down administrative costs.

Go get a quote -- I think you'll be surprised at how little it costs. You never know when you might want to get into hospital in a hurry and you'll be treated in luxury by the head doctors.