AA Home Insurance Reviews

AA Home Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AA Home Insurance

“Appallling”

Written on: 13/07/2019 by jbDougherty343 (1 review written)

AA broker home insurance then run away and leave in the hands of thugs when a claim comes in, avoid like the plague… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/07/2019

We're sorry to hear you've been left feeling this way following needing to make a claim. Please continue to liaise with our claims directly who're best placed to assist throughout the claim.

Written on: 16/07/2019

Dear AA - who specifically would you suggest I have been in touch with all AA from CEO down. All that happens is you rather walk away and say it’s nothing to do with us we are just the broker. You are happy enough to advertise the service and then run for cover when the tough bit comes along.
Still Bankrupt

Read 2 Comments

“So much for great service dont try this service”

Written on: 25/06/2018 by trevorbarrett (1 review written)

Asked for an aircon person to check unit and had an electrician that cost $365 with him saying not sure why they sent him... Asked for a refund and told a manager will call on Saturday..... no one called sunday same thing. Today on my 5th operator who pouts me on hold for 20 minutes wow what bad service and i took AA insurance for home and contents as you were the best in class customer services?… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to trevorbarrett's Review

Written on: 29/06/2018

Hi, we're really sorry to learn of your experience and hope that you've since raised this with our customer support team so that they can address this for you.

Read 1 Comment

“Uncontactable no customer service whatsoever avoid at...”

Written on: 02/03/2017 by 13241678450bob (1 review written)

I have home insurance the AA and I find it impossible to speak to someone, I can't even email them, I have tried for two days now on every telephone number possible and never yet had a reply only very expensive music even head office they couldnt help me,needless to say I WILL NOT BE RENEWING WITH THEM AGAIN,a disgusting service, you should be ashamed… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to 13241678450bob's Review

Written on: 02/03/2017

Hi there, we're sorry to read you have been having troubles reaching our call centre. During busy times there may be a delay in us reaching your call however we can assure you we will get to you as soon as possible. Regards.

13241678450Bob's Response to 13241678450bob's Review

Written on: 03/03/2017

Day four still no contact with customer service, it just does not exist, Will now give up AND WILL NOT USE THE AA EVER AGAIN FOR ANYTHING WHATSOEVER. If a human being reads this DO NOT RENEW MY HOME INSURANCE.

The Aa's reply to 13241678450Bob's Comment

Written on: 03/03/2017

Hi, we're not able to cancel your membership via this communication sorry. We're sorry you're having difficulty getting in through on the phones. Please visit our web site 'contact us' page and we can help you from there. Thank you

Read 3 Comments

“Please give it a wide birth. Home serve is better.”

Written on: 22/10/2016 by Saddens (1 review written)

After 5 years of paying my bill every month, I return Ho e from a holiday to find my lights are not operating correctly Upon calling them, I found they said no! All of my lights need to not work before they will come out to help. The customer service team said that they could fix my problem for a 88.50 upgrade fee (for 6 weeks may I add) and a £69.99 fee for a call out. All of this in addition to my original policy fee of £30 a month. They did not seem to mind loosing my business and… Read Full Review

“Do not insure withy these people”

Written on: 21/10/2016 by veryunhappyperson (1 review written)

This company is just awful. I missed a direct debit payment as I was short of 42 pence and the bank rejected the payment. Fair enough so I immediately telephoned to pay the outstanding amount of 4.44 only to be told they can't take a payment, phone back on another day!!! When I phoned back they have told me they have added a missed payment fee of 16.00. Prior to this because she couldn't take payment I wrote to the AA explaining, needless to say I am still awaiting a reply. I will never… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to veryunhappyperson's Review

Written on: 21/10/2016

Hi, we'd be happy to take a look at this for you. If you haven't spoken with the customer services team already please get in touch with us via our website 'contact us' page if there is anything further you'd like us to address. Thank you

Veryunhappyperson's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 21/10/2016

I have already sent a letter to customer services explaining and stating I did not want a charge levied on my payment. I know I defaulted but less than 24 hours later I tried to pay and was told I couldn't. Obviously no one has answered me yet

The Aa's reply to Veryunhappyperson's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2016

We'd like to help with this, if you would like us to pick this up and address it please get in touch via our website. Thank you

Veryunhappyperson's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2016

There is no point. I still haven't received and answer to my last email and I've spoken to customer services and you have still levied the charge. Rest assured i will never deal with aa again and will do my best to dissuade others

The Aa's reply to Veryunhappyperson's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2016

We're sorry to hear that no one has got back to you yet about the complaint that you have raised. We are unable to locate this information from this department to chase this up. We would really like to help resolve this for you. Please get in touch at your earliest convenience so that we can get this sorted for you. Kind Regards

Read 5 Comments

“ why am i ignored by your machine because i do not...”

Written on: 27/09/2016 by Woodwardai42 (1 review written)

why am i ignored by your machine because i do not choose to have a mobile phone number… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/10/2016

Hi there,

If there is anything you'd like us to address for you, please don't hesitate to get in contact via our 'Contact Us' page on our website.

Kind regards,
The AA UK

Read 1 Comment

“Say one thing do another”

Written on: 19/09/2016 by Kramsenots (1 review written)

We have home insurance with the AA and have done for the last two / three years soon after the policy is taken out we always receive a call offering discounted breakdown cover. This year was no exception apart from when the operator rang and offered the policy for three cars at £42 I thought what a good offer so I rang back after giving it some thought to be told it was now £67 so next year AA they can forget both breakdown and home insurance. … Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Kramsenots's Review

Written on: 19/09/2016

Hi, we hope you have raised this with our customer services team so that they can listen back to the call and the offer that was presented. We'd be happy to address this for you. Please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page. We look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards

Kramsenots's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 20/09/2016

like I say say one thing do another. I amnot usually a keyboard warrior but having taken into account the above comments i decided to call the office again this time to be told the £42 was administration charges and the£20 was for the membership.
what a dissapointment and as for logging on after putting in my details the website said the details did not match please call the office !

will the aa please call me with a response please and a price for multiple breakdown cover

The Aa's reply to Kramsenots's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2016

Hi, it looks like you've tried to sign in to the My AA account, which is where that error message will appear. If you would like us to address your complaint please get in touch via the 'contact us' page. Look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards

Read 3 Comments

“Declined claim for item i was under the impression ”

Written on: 28/07/2016 by Gray224 (1 review written)

Claimed for Rolex watch listed individually on policy reported to police AA not insurance they say they set up policies for 3rd parties.Declined claim as purchased watch second hand no paperwork with serial number but still added to policy as owned by myself.AA say it is Integra they say visa versa have reported them to Financial Ombudsman services why not ask for authenticity/ownership prior to listing individual high value item on olicy and taking extra premiums then when it comes to the… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/07/2016

Hello, we are sorry to learn that you are unhappy with our insurance claim procedures. The AA is a Broker and we have several different underwriters on our panel to find you the best quote at the time. We're pleased that you are communicating with the underwriter directly regarding this matter. If we can help with anything further please don't hesitate to contact us via our website 'contact us' page. Kind Regards

“Glacial Response”

Written on: 24/07/2016 by Parksse497 (1 review written)

March 3rd an Articulated lorry hit our house, to date many people have looked at it but not a single thing has happened to repair it. Once you notify them of a claim, any threat of further collapse or injury becomes your problem. We got a local builder to make it safe, AA is not an insurance company!! Home, contents and legal cover are covered by 3 different companies, our claim was passed to a claims company then to a company who oversees the project and brings in surveyors etc. A builder has… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/07/2016

Hi, we're sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the insurance process. The AA is a Broker, we would advise you contact the underwriters of the policy for an update. We will be more than happy to address this for you, feel free to get in touch via our website 'contact us' page. We look forward to hearing from you.

Written on: 15/01/2017

Wrote and complained to the AA about the service and was told it wasn't their problem as they are just brokers, now I have had brokers before and with them I reported the incident and they dealt with the whole process. Basically they sold the policy and there after acted as a "go between" between myself and the insurance company, it is what they took their money for. Now AA is acting more as an advertising agency using the AA platform to sell policies to customers, often as in my case they are already "valued" customers or members of the AA. In good faith I trusted their logo on all correspondence and assumed that they had vetted the policies they were selling and put in place safeguards for their customers, as any reputable company would. My trust was misplaced, it took over 30 weeks for the claim and repair completed. All the chasing was done by us and this involved dozens of phone calls to various parties, all assured us they would keep us informed of progress but in almost 8 months we were phoned twice by them. In my opinion the AA miss-sold this policy by disguising it bellow the AA banner and its laughable claim to be the 4th emergency service, this logo is displayed on all documents and letters from the AA and should in my opinion mean that customers should be able to trust the AA to take its customers and members seriously.

Written on: 16/07/2019

I am completely in sympathy with you and want to get a user group together to highlight the issues we have faced and get publicity. Let me know if interested

Written on: 16/07/2019

As mentioned on other comments I want to assemble a crowd to publicise the shabby behaviour of AA, let me know if intereste

Read 6 Comments

“HOME BURGALRY”

Written on: 07/06/2016 by mwalsh2015 (1 review written)

The aa home insurance, is not from the aa. I found this out when our home was burgled whilst we slept. Stole our car and some very personel possessions. We immediately informed the police who were excellent. On contacting the aa, we were referred to powergate insurance. I was not expecting that. We were ther referred to davys loss adjusters who were to investigate our claim. They are so efficient, the earliest appointmet they could offer was almost two week after the crime. Myself and my… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to mwalsh2015's Review

Written on: 08/06/2016

We're very sorry to learn of your experience and hope that you and your Wife are ok. We would very much like to address this. Please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page at your earliest convenience so that we may help. Thank you

Bankrupted's Response to mwalsh2015's Review

Written on: 16/07/2019

Fully agree - please join in publicising this shabby and cowardly company

Read 2 Comments

“Daylight robber”

Written on: 24/05/2016 by KatrinaStanton (1 review written)

They pretend to listen but they are fully trained in finding any excuse not to payout, they are complete robbers, don't believe me, try & make a claim. At the end of the day your paying money for absolutely nothing. When you try to complain you get through to a dragon. My experience with AA home insurance has made me sick, I regret ever signing up with these robbers of the year… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/05/2016

Hi, this is concerning and we'd really like to help. Please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page and we'll pick this up as soon as possible. Many thanks

Onehappy's Comment

Written on: 26/05/2016

You know why I call you criminals, without doing any physical inspections and just visually looking at something and coming to the conclusion that my insurance doesn't cover this.
Had your organisation made any physical inspections I would have half accepted your highly questionable conclusion.
I got a mortgage to pay, I got bills to pay I took out insurance for peace of mind. I don't know why you would be concerned take a good look in the mirror your a bunch of criminals dressed in suits. Shame on you

Onehappy's Comment

Written on: 27/05/2016

I would just like to give an example of how AA home insurance work and an insight of their mentality.

Me= hi I wish to make a claim

AA = please tell us what your claim is

Me= I wish to claim the very next day from Monday is Tuesday

AA= we will get one of our experts to come and see you

AA= morning I've looked at your claim, sorry it's not valid

Me= I don't understand you, the very next day from Monday is Tuesday, right?

AA= yes I see what your saying but technically it's Wednesday morning in Australia, so your claim is invalid.

This is the mentality of the AA home insurance.

Now just to add some balance to this sorry situation
I'm emotionally upset with my experience, the AA have the gift of the gab, they talk the talk but delivery on JACK ALL

Thank you for doing over hardworking people who trusted you for peace of mind.

Written on: 28/05/2016

Hi, we understand your frustration and would really like to get to the bottom of this for you. So that we can help you, please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page. Thank you

Written on: 16/07/2019

Please join us in publicising shabby and cowardly company - make contact

Written on: 16/07/2019

Quite right, join us in publicising shabby and cowardly company

Read 6 Comments

“They do not reward loyalty ”

Written on: 27/04/2016 by JaseCormier (1 review written)

I have been with the AA for 27 years! They now do auto renew which I did not sign up for. They quoted me £250 plus £70 for home start the Rac is £190 so much for being loyal for 27 years. It think all these companys are as bad as each other, its best to check all the deals out every year and be LOYAL NO NON OF THEM… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/04/2016

Hi Jase, existing members do have additional benefits attached to their accounts that new customers would not be entitled to. We hope that you have spoken to our renewals team about your dissatisfaction, they will be happy to look in to this for you. We do send out standard documents each year prior to your renewal date this gives you the opportunity to discuss or make any changes.

Read 1 Comment

“Terrible Home Contents Insurance Provider!”

Written on: 09/04/2016

This is the worst home insurance I have had in the 25 years I have been getting insurance. It has taken me 6 weeks to get my laptop replaced by them and 25 phone calls, only to then be told that they will only offer me less money than it costs to replace my apple macbook. They are essentially short changing me by £150 and to make matters worse they are trying to charge me another £30 to get my own hard drive back from them which holds pictures of my children as well as sensitive information… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/04/2016

Hello, we're very sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction in our service. If you haven't had a call already to discuss this, please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page and we will get this investigated as soon as possible. Thank you

Read 1 Comment

“AA membership is a waste of money!”

Written on: 16/03/2016 by tedandmary92 (1 review written)

Took out there home membership insurance, which when was sold to us was told it was all singing and all dancing policy, but now we have come to make a claim find the AA wriggle more than a fish on a hook and found they don't want to meet their obligations. Anyone who is thinking of taking out this insurance should seriously think again and we shall be cancelling our policy and will never take anything out with them again. *The only reason I have rated with 1 star is because I can't do 0!… Read Full Review

“Avoid at all costs! ”

Written on: 12/02/2016 by Vaughan190 (1 review written)

The AA do not look after existing customers upon renewal - highly uncompetitive rates. They insist on home and contents being split into two different policies; they say that this is to maximise savings... It just means a higher administration fee to the customer. I have been dealt with in a rude and abrupt manner and am so pleased to have cancelled my policies, which cost an arm and a leg in penalties to get out of (times by two for two policies, get my drift...?). Having got fantastic rates… Read Full Review

“Home insurance”

Written on: 05/01/2016 by Kendall227 (1 review written)

Had a leak from the radiator which damaged goods to the some of £500 and damage to ceiling and carpet. We were told that our excess on contents was£350 and house damage also £350. Tried to claim £350 from the £700 paid for a plumber and decorator but met with indifference. Thought quote was cheap but pointless if the service is rubbish. My advice is stay away, lots of small print and get out clauses… Read Full Review

Denman12's Comment

Written on: 24/03/2016

Avoid like the plague!
I am really surprised they are still in business,.Their boiler insurance is just a bare faced ripoff. They will just not pay out and their claims staff are the rudest I have ever come across.

Read 1 Comment

“worst company i have dealt with ”

Written on: 19/12/2015 by 138Keith (1 review written)

Took out a Home insurace policy when i moved house,document came through a week later,received a letter on 11th of December letter dated the 6th, direct debit didn't go through please sign form and return within seven days or the policy would be cancelled,reason dint go through my bank still had my old address,posted the form on 14th thought, id here nothing off it any more,received a letter wed 16th informing me i have to pay the full amount because they hadn't received anything within the 7… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/12/2015

Hi, we hope that you have managed to have this matter addressed, if not please contact us via website 'contact us' page and we will be happy to investigate this for you. Kind Regards

Read 1 Comment

“So disappointed I'm lost for words now.”

Written on: 04/12/2015 by kevandmaria (1 review written)

Early November 2015 my house had a leak all of downstairs flooded. Rung AA whom I'm insured with, they then pass it over to a insurance company called Crawford they said loss adjuster will be round couple of days he arrived done his work said there's too much damp in the house we need to move you out for health reasons so we went into a hotel for couple of days but it was to expensive to stay longer,nearly 4 weeks later we are still in the house, cut a long story short we are still stuck in the… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to kevandmaria's Review

Written on: 07/12/2015

Hello, this is concerning and we would very much like to address your claim. If you haven't contacted us already please do so by going on the AA web site and select 'contact us' we would like to help. Kind Regards

Read 1 Comment

“Don't bother - expensive and poor service ”

Written on: 02/12/2015 by SaniyahDonnelly (1 review written)

You would think with a name like aa the price would be compatible with other companies as the Service professional How wrong I was, double the price of other companies for same policy and telephone service ok until you need to claim or report an incident Check other companies before joining aa Mistake I will never make again… Read Full Review

“Appalling”

Written on: 20/11/2015 by PerlaMoreno31 (1 review written)

I cancelled my renewal for contents insurance by phone but AA did not log the call or carry out my instructions. They are now bombarding me demanding payment for what they claim is payments owing ( small amount but it is principle). On ringing them on two occasions to sort out their mistake iwas spoken to in a rude manner and yet again had money demands made on me. They also said they would continue the demands even though i said this would be seen as harrasment as they could not send me any… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/11/2015

Hello, this is concerning and we would very much like to investigate this for you. Please email the details to us including reference FOR143690 with your policy number, full name, address and contact number. Kind Regards

Sumil's Comment

Written on: 27/11/2015

I have had the further misfortune to have to ring your company again spending over an hour on the phone getting nowhere. The number on the letter i recieved was the wrong number leading to another 2 un necessary calls and still your company is trying to charge me for cover up to today for a policy i cancelled/did not renew in september, Mis information given all round by the staff. This is going round in circles and i will not put up with the unprofessional behaviour of AA staff.

Written on: 01/12/2015

Hello, if there is anything you'd like us to address please email your details including membership number, contact number and full address, we'll be happy to help. Please title your email with reference FOR144827. Thank you