ServerChoice.com www.serverchoice.com Reviews

1.8

ServerChoice.com www.serverchoice.com - Ask a question now

“3 solid servers”

written by score6 on 07/01/2013

Pleasure to deal with, called over the weekend and got a very knowledgable and helpful response, which is rare! Thanks.

“Awful experience with this people. ”

written by on 02/02/2011

Awful experience with this people.

Signed up for the one-month free trail, said I would get five IP addresses, only gave me one.

Everytime I contacted customer support they were rude. They have this one person in customer service who sounds like Rodney Trotter. Well, I phoned him about 5:25pm one day, and he wasn't constantly trying to get me off the phone by lying to me because he HAD to finish work at 5:30pm on the dot as per the office hours!

“When I saw the price of their VPS package I thought I...”

written by celticJedi on 25/06/2010

When I saw the price of their VPS package I thought I was getting a bargain. How wrong can you be, the time and money I've spent fixing problems has been ridiculous.
I host websites for friends and family and the experience I have had with Server Choice has seriously upset some of them, thankfully most are very understanding.
The problems started when most of the users had trouble downloading their emails, this turned out to be due to the fact that the server is so under-powered that it falls over at the slightest bit of traffic.
Then I lost everything due to a total RAID-5 failure of all the hard disks on my server. Server Choice have no default backup facility and wanted to charge me extra for the privilige.
When everything was restored some of the features I had in my Control Panel were missing, there was a fairly decent spam blocker but that has gone, when I talked to tech support they claimed not to know anything about it and hadn't even heard of Spamhaus!
Needless to say I'm looking for other hosting providers ASAP. Don't use Server Choice.

“VPS has been playing up for a week and their advise is...”

written by on 05/02/2010

VPS has been playing up for a week and their advise is to move your website to another server?
((We are working around the clock to restore the missing content, please do not wait for a content restoration as it will take sometime, we highly recommend re-uploading your website(s) and creating your email addreses.))

before this I rated them highly but seems if the server fails you have a long wait before they are able to get going again.

Celticjedi's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2010

I found this review very helpful because...
<br/>the same thing happened to me - be warned