Saxton 4x4, Brentwood, Essex Reviews

Saxton 4x4, Brentwood, Essex - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Saxton 4x4, Brentwood, Essex

Saxton 4x4, Brentwood, Essex

“A few whingers!”

Written on: 01/12/2014 by CountryProperties (1 review written)

If you read some of the reviews on this site you could be put off considering Saxton. DONT BE ! I have just purchased a Range Rover from them and found the entire experience very satisfying. Over the last 25 years I have purchased more than 50 fleet vehicles for employees as well as personal cars and Saxton stand out as one of the better companies I have dealt with The Range Rover was presented in immaculate condition and all dealings have been professional from test drives to the finance and… Read Full Review

Ma7767's Response to CountryProperties's Review

Written on: 28/12/2014

How this company is still in business is beyond belief but then the laws in this country are utterly useless in bringing these types of people to task. Maybe, just maybe one day that will change.

Read 1 Comment

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 05/08/2014

Purchased a Range Rover from Saxton in April. Despite having over a week to prepare the vehicle it was not ready in time - no MOT, no Tax, no fuel. Is this a deliberate ploy so that when eventually it eventually turns up you just want to get out of there. That was a mistake as when I had travelled the 200 miles home I had a quick look around the vehicle, prompted by one of the wiper blades parting company from its arm when I hit the first patch of rain. Only one key, no parcel shelf, tools… Read Full Review

“Purchase of Mercedes GL500 from Saxton 4x4”

Written on: 06/05/2014 by cmnixon (1 review written)

Why am I writing this review? One of the things I do before I spend a lot of money with a company I’ve never dealt with before is to carry out some research into them. How long they have been trading, the last few years accounts and what experiences others have had with them, good and bad. I think its fair to say that there are quite a few sites on the internet that help with the latter. This is one of the sites that I read reviews of Saxton 4x4 on so feel that its only fair that I post… Read Full Review

“Saxton 4x4 - Avoid, Avoid, Avoid!!!”

Written on: 14/05/2013 by poochy76 (1 review written)

I bought my car from them in back in March. They made so many promises about what would be done before collection, and when some of these were not carried out and also further issues occurred afterwards I was fobbed off, kept waiting, ignored, lied to and left with a car that I feel unsafe in. I have had to spend extra money since getting the car fully valeted to remove the smell and grime that according to their salesman, would be eradicated completely before I collected it, and then I didn't… Read Full Review

“STAY AWAY FROM SAXTON 4X4”

Written on: 31/12/2012

I bought a car from them two months ago and I got a car with lots of problems, which now I have to pay for as they are refusing to fix. All they want to do is get your money and not to take responsibility after words. STAY AWAY FROM SAXTON 4X4 ESSEX… Read Full Review

Ihatesaxtons's Comment

Written on: 02/02/2013

totally agree.We too are having problems
For anyone in doubt look at their terms and conditions and I quote

When using our website or our Services you acknowledge and agree that you and not Saxton 4x4 are liable for any claims or losses of any nature, arising indirectly or directly from purchasing a vehicle solely based in the information provided in our listing description.

Do not buy from these people

Lawrenceb123's Comment

Written on: 06/02/2013

I have to disagree with this person. I have bought several cars from Saxton and each car has been superb, and the client focus is extreme high quality. I would highly recommended them to anyone

Youliy's Comment

Written on: 06/02/2013

12 out of 24 reviews are bad due to the bad service and professionalism this guys have! By my calculations this looks like just close to 50% of bad news i dont know about yours?
It is verry clear how this guys operate and for you my friend it is not so clear...

Read 3 Comments

“MEGA HAPPY WITH MY BMW X6 !!!!!!! Woohoo!!!”

Written on: 13/12/2012 by justinhouse (2 reviews written)

This is the second car I've bought from Saxtons. I bought a BMW X5 4.6is from them exactly 4yrs ago and I picked up my new BMW X6 3.5sd from them yesterday... Gotta say, I'm beyond happy - the X6 is simply stunning. Breathtaking in every way and has surpassed my expectations. From day one, Neil has been brilliant with me. I asked him to look after me and he's done exactly that.... Neil went out of his way to help me, he was professional, polite, honest and thorough. He arranged for my new X6… Read Full Review

“Very pleased”

Written on: 19/10/2012

Don't believe all the bad reviews, I recently purchased my Audi from Saxton and was most impressed with the level of service and choice of cars. When we collected the car a few days later everything was done as promised by Sam our salesman who was most helpful and knowledgable. I asked Sam at the time about the bad reviews and he hit the nail on the head (we have over 2000 customers a year sometimes you can't please everyone, the good reviews far exceed the bad)… Read Full Review

“Great Service and Staff”

Written on: 08/06/2012

I purchased a V10 VW Touareg from Saxton 4x4. I got great service and a fantastic vehicle with 4 years warranty. The car I originally looked at was sold but I was offered a better vehicle at the same price and have never regretted dealing with Saxtons. I would definitely do business with them again… Read Full Review

“Good guys”

Written on: 12/05/2012 by BettyBurden (1 review written)

I have purchased two cars from this garage now and I can honestly reccomend them, as with all mechanical items things can go wrong, ALL issues were cleared up to my satisfaction quickly and they have been extremely helpful at all times. They have an excellent range of cars and are well prepared on delivery in fact I would take my cars back there just to get them valeted! Neil is the salesman to ask for he's excellent helpful and cute, for service ask for Nick really great guy thanks guys … Read Full Review

“Pleasure to deal with! Straight forward and honest”

Written on: 17/01/2012 by rangerover12345 (1 review written)

I recently purchased a Range Rover from Saxtons and they were very helpful in attentive to me. The car came with full history and a lots of paperwork which was explained to me. Highly recommended, I will use Saxtons again for my next purchase… Read Full Review

“simply awful company.”

Written on: 28/08/2011

purchased a 4x4 Porsche from this company in Dec 2010, on the specific request that the car be serviced and ready to go. However there were problems straight away with brakes, engine running very hot on idle, water coming into the cabin when using the windscreen wipers(!) and various other niggles (this was a car they had serviced before the sale). Due to travelling/time constraints (i needed the vehicle to drive to the North of England during that very bad winter) i wasn't able to get the car… Read Full Review

Lwtc260699's Comment

Written on: 12/10/2011

wow , after reading yours and other peoples reviews, i only called them yesterday looking to purchase a Q7 and part ex my car. They said they would call back within 24 hours ..still no call re valuation, but as i said after reading more than 10 personal experiences of their customer service or lack of, i will certainly pull out of any deal i was about to take on. Thanks to you and the others who have taken time to detail their terrible experiences dealing with this company , i believe you have saved me alot of grief and expediture. thanks

Stillookin's Comment

Written on: 10/02/2013

Is this true..surely if car was not to your satisfaction you should have left it and rented a car.If not an AA or RAC inspection would have highlighted any faults found during your brief spell of ownership.
Whilst i understand your apparent frustrations,you don't seemed to have followed any logical procedure.which only serves to confuse me as to whether these guys are running a professional dealership or you are just foolhardy with your pounds.
The idea,my friend is you help your fellow consumers about to spend 25-35 k make an informed decision.

Ma7767's Comment

Written on: 15/02/2013

if you are in any way confused i suggest that you try them out and perhaps you will see for yourself just how unpleasant an experience it can be dealing with a company that has absolutely no regard for its customers.

Ma7767's Comment

Written on: 27/10/2011

i'm glad the review has had the intended effect - i only wish i'd taken the time to search on the internet before dealing with this company though I should've trusted my instincts regardless. In these difficult times however i'd frankly be amazed if this company remains in business too long unless it pulls it's socks up, starts treating it's customers with some respect and attempting to provide a level of after care service that goes beyond just metaphorically shoving you out the door once they've emptied your pockets.

Read 4 Comments

“Had over by sax tons 4x4”

Written on: 25/08/2011

bought a car from this so called family run company . Spoke to salesman regarding p x my car for BMW x5 . I went ahead with deal took out warranty for 2 years super cooper warranty all parts covered. I picked car up never got to test drive it let alone drive it got it it had scratches everywhere alloys were in terrible condition the joker salesman I have tried to ring 67 times and every time he was with so called customer didn't want to know . When I drove away from showroom there was no tax… Read Full Review

Neiloakley2020's Comment

Written on: 22/10/2012

Although this sounds like a genuine review, I cant help feeling the reviewer is the at fault for buying a car without test driving it? Unless the saleperson held a gun to your head and said 'pay me my money and drive away' I cant think of any other reason why someone would hand over so much money without seeing what they are buying?

I went to Saxton this weekend to look at a car. I spent 2 hours going over everything and found 6 things that need to be fixed. Nothing major but just normal things you'd expect on a SECOND HAND car. We agreed a price and they agreed to fix all the bits.

When I go back to pick up the car, if the bits are not fixed then I dont hand over any money. Simple.

Read 1 Comment

“Stay Away”

Written on: 08/08/2011

I purchased a 2006 Range Rover with a new MOT and Service from Saxton. 4 weeks later the car will not respond and it has a list of "longstanding" faults as long as your arm. The level of service has been comical and I have had to involve a Solicitor to receive any kind of response from Saxton. Despite an independent report they still maintain that the car was fine at the time of sale. Apparently my expectations are unreasonable for a car of this age and price (22K). So in short if you are… Read Full Review

“I went down to saxton to have a look at a golf gti...”

Written on: 07/01/2011 by justin and kim (1 review written)

I went down to saxton to have a look at a golf gti which had a few minor issues with it, but was reassured by the salesman Neil Gray that he would get it sorted before coming back to collect the car.When we went back to view the car all these issues had been delt with,and also I was amazed by the standard of how clean and well presented the car looked.I found Neil the salesman very helpfull and professional and i would highly recomend any of my friends to go down to saxtons to buy a car in the… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to justin and kim's Review

Written on: 30/06/2011

Well written Neil

Guest's Response to justin and kim's Review

Written on: 09/08/2011

Myself & my husband purchased a 08 range rover sport this month (august 11)we left a deposit & went back a week later to purchase.The whole transaction was very professional & smooth.Our salesman was Neil Gray he was great & reassured us with any issues we had,i have read some comments people have left & think they are utterly untrue the whole sales team cannot do enough for you,they do answer your calls & return them if they are busy ! dont listen to any comments some poeple love to complain go down there & see for yourself,the whole team in saxton are very professional & help you in every way.Thanks again saxton will defainately recommend you to freinds ! regards Mr & Mrs Oakes from Chatham Kent.

Read 2 Comments

“This company cannot even bother to reply to calls when...”

Written on: 31/12/2010 by paulcunningham69 (1 review written)

This company cannot even bother to reply to calls when you actually want to buy a car from them! No reply to e mails and calls not returned. Thank goodness I never went ahead with a purchase. If they can`t get the pre sales bit right, heaven forbid the after sales service.
Its amazing in this current economic climate that businesses can think they can treat customers with such disrespect.
Not even worth one star.Shop elswhere… Read Full Review

Guest3361's Response to paulcunningham69's Review

Written on: 01/01/2011

I am very much for a good service especially when you are spending the kind of money on cars that saxtons have but after collecting my car today ( new years eve ) and seeing just how busy they where down there I totally got to disagree with your comment. After leaving my initial deposit on my car a week ago I stumbled accrossthis site and I have been worried sick about what to expect when I collect it. Praise where praise is due, they got everything right in a way that I thought was professional. I must saysome of these reviews are pretty awful and I'm sure like any dealer they can get it wrong but if all these complaints are from people that had a poor experiance and after seeing how busy they are on all 3 of my visits to there show room, I don't think it's bad. As for that last comment, it was new years eve, they where busy, and if you really did want to buy a car I'm sure you would have visited and I am sure the saleman earn commission so they must have been busy to not be able to sell you a car. This is a genuine review from someone who has purchased a car from saxtons and I think it makes a pleasant change to put something positive on here rather than unnecessary moaning like the previous comment. Thank you saxtons.

Guest's Response to paulcunningham69's Review

Written on: 06/06/2011

I agree absolutely with this review. This company's after sales is woefull, I have just parted company with a full refund after five weeks of waiting for them to make an unserviceable vehicle serviceable for me. 30 unanswered calls says it all!!!!!!

Read 2 Comments

“ Be Warned!I bought 2 cars from saxtons at the same...”

Written on: 22/10/2010

Be Warned!I bought 2 cars from saxtons at the same time, there salesman was very smooth, they never showed me the v5 and i never got it until 1 weeks later!! they never answer your calls and i had to keep drving back to get to speak to anyone, the service is the worst i have ever experienced, and the M.D. only words of help were i am too busy to speak to you, you have bought the cars go away! there were a whole list of things wrong on both cars, and i will be taking legal action...Take care!… Read Full Review

Kaushalk's Comment

Written on: 09/11/2010

I found this review very helpful because...it is consistent with my own experience and supports my decision to never use this dealer again

Neiloakley2020's Comment

Written on: 22/10/2012

As the buyer I would argue that it is your responsibility to check the documentation. You should have asked the saleman to see the V5, then check it against the vehicle. If they refuse to show you the documents then you should refuse to buy the car. It's a buyers market and there are plenty of cars out there for sale.

Written on: 20/07/2011

I to have had a problem witht them and will take the to court! In fact filled in the forms earlier.

Read 3 Comments

“After handing over £30,000 of my hard earned cash to...”

Written on: 20/10/2010

After handing over £30,000 of my hard earned cash to Saxtons some months ago,i am still experiencing endless issues with the company ,car and the Dvla caused by them.They have a great webb page and i got luffed in but the after care and the general level of sheer contempt they have for customers makes you wonder how they make a living.I happen to think £30k is a lot for a car but the way that i have been treated i could have been buying a right off from a scrap yard.I am fully aware of the pit… Read Full Review

Fatboy74's Comment

Written on: 13/03/2011

I found this review very helpful because... it gives a warning about what to expect if using them. I was considering purchasing through them, but these continual bad reviews are putting me off !

Written on: 12/10/2011

Wow, i come upon this reveiw centre by mistake...i have just enquired about a Q7 as teh spec is what i am after and teh mileage ok..circa 22k.I called yesterday and requested a valuation of my part ex , he said he would reply in 24 hours..still no call but after reading these reveiws , should he reply i will certainly refrain from giving them my business. Thanks to all the people who have palced reveiws on here you have saved me a lot of grief let alone expediture..cheers

Written on: 25/07/2011

Have the same issue with my 30k car purchased from them. NEVER using them again!!!

Read 3 Comments

“I recently purchased a used Range Rover Vogue from...”

Written on: 03/04/2010

I recently purchased a used Range Rover Vogue from Saxton 4x4 having been looking at their website for some time. They certainly have the largest stock of used 4x4`s on one site in the whole of the UK. It was definately my kind of "disney world" being a petrol head when I turned up there and I was so spoilt for choice.

Their level of service and attention to detail is on a par with the main franchised dealers around the country. Their choice of cars is excellent and they are all very well… Read Full Review

Richard Jubb's Comment

Written on: 25/05/2010

I found this review not helpful because... I don't believe it.

Written on: 05/08/2012

I have sent these guys enough emails and left several messages but am yet to get a single response. Couldn't beleive they cant even be bothered to take my £25k off me when I am the one doing all the chasing. I finally gave up and found local dealer who was far more helpful. Reading all the other reviews it appears I may have gotten away with a lucky escape. I guess there will continue to be others who will be taken in by their website and as such I don't believe Saxton will care of what the people say on here

Written on: 25/07/2011

I must say this review is totally false. Have heard and seen many people who have purchased Range Rovers from these scums suffer. I myself purchased a different brand costing me around 30k and now 5k more on top to have repairs carried out to it, due to the rubbish service this company provides!!!

Kiambang's Comment

Written on: 01/12/2010

I found this review not helpful because it's not true at all

Richffrr's Comment

Written on: 20/10/2010

I found this review not helpful because... It is a blatent sales pitch. Probably not written by a customer. (unless they also work there).

Read 5 Comments

“Just collected my new Range Rover Sport from Saxton 4x4 ”

Written on: 01/04/2010

Just collected my new Range Rover Sport from Saxton 4x4
Have to say read a few reviews before I purchased from them but all the same I still Purchased through them.
The Salesman who dealt with the whole transaction was very professional and polite.

I also needed to obtain finance on the vehicle that I Purchased and was introduced to Nick in Finance who really looked after me and obtained a very competitive rate
The whole Transaction between Sales and Finance was dealt with from start to… Read Full Review

“I purchased a used Cayenne from Saxton 4x4, had a...”

Written on: 31/03/2010

I purchased a used Cayenne from Saxton 4x4, had a couple of minor issues with it but thats life isn't it?

All faults were fixed under warranty by there Service department without any fuss.

I found the sales team very helpful and the overall presentation of the vehicle very good. Some people seem to forget they are buying a USED car!

I have since had a few friends of mine purchase vehicles from Saxtons and they are very happy with them.

The sales guy mentioned they were selling around 100… Read Full Review