Ariston Condensing Combi Gas Boiler CLAS Reviews

Ariston Condensing Combi Gas Boiler CLAS
2.4

Ariston Condensing Combi Gas Boiler CLAS - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ariston Condensing Combi Gas Boiler CLAS

“After sales are Rubbish ”

written by oxTownsend1968 on 31/10/2023

We have a Ariston boiler. Had it fitted by an Ariston installer. When it broke down . We had to wait around 9 days for some one to take a look.closest repair person was Bournemouth. I live Bristol. Got told it will be a morning slot. So arranged for our daughter to house sit. They rang to say it will be the afternoon now. So I arranged with daughter to come in the afternoon. Get a phone call on the morning to say he will be there in the morning. He said he won't wait around because he was on a tight schedule. So had to make different arrangements. He came stood on top of the work top with his boots on. Fixed something but the other part he won't fix, because it wasn't fitted correctly. Customer Service they don't give warranty if it was fitted incorrectly. So if there engineers don't fit it to correctly Ariston won't fix it. Complet madness.

“Awful experience.”

written by luciandurbala on 01/03/2023

Awful experience. Think twice when you consider purchasing an Ariston item. In 2022 I have purchased a brand new Ariston boiler. Before turning 1 year old the boiler starts to leak and the heating run off. I have contacted customer service and they said I need to pay for the annual service before repair. I paid £100 for the annual servicing and they book an engineer's visit in 4 days. They give the time slot from 8am to 4pm. On the booking day, a lady called me and said that the engineer will be there in 8 minutes!!!!!. I asked for more time and she give me another 7 minutes!!!! In very rude manner the lady said if I am not at home in 15 minutes the engineer will leave, In exactly 15 minutes we arrived home, no sign or proof that the engineer was there. I have tried to call them many times, but no one answering. On the next day, they ask me for another £100 because I missed the appointment. I have tried to make more complaints. The outcome is no repair, no refund and I still need to pay another £100. Definitely, I will never buy any Ariston item ever.

“Good riddance to bad rubbish”

written by Aristonandoffandoff on 30/11/2022

Today we got rid of our Ariston boiler, after 10 years of non-stop trouble. Never wanted this boiler but got railroaded into it. Problems started about 6 months after install, losing pressure constantly and needing topping up. Been constant after that, and have probably had 8 or so engineer visits for various problems. Only one Ariston engineer in the country and no other gas engineers have a clue how to fix them. Just appalling and a complete waste of money. Fail after fail after fail. The single star is because I can't give zero - it does not deserve this one star.

“Worst boiler on the market”

written by Kirsten108 on 03/04/2022

Do not waste your money on these boilers. Absolutely rubbish. Our boiler is only three years old and we are replacing it already. Buy cheap buy twice. Would give minus stars if I could.

“Ariston Boiler in a static lodge”

written by DougJones on 22/11/2021

We purchased a new static lodge 3 years ago that came with a Ariston combi boiler. We get a fume smell when ever we use the boiler. We have had all service done by Ariston each year. We now have a fault with the fan when the boiler is turned off with the hot water or heating the fan would continue to run for ever or until I turned off the mains electric. We rang Ariston who have now SACKED ALL THEIR OWN ENGINEERS! now taken on a company called Status. The chap came and to be honest don,t think he was clued up on this boiler, and as I knew would happen came with the incorrect part! But had a spare fan with him. He said he would change the fan and see how it went. He fitted the fan then ran the hot water fully on around 15 minutes! Cost me a fortune in LPG gas and water for no reason as only fitted a fan! A 3 year old boiler thats not constantly used with such a fault dont give me much confidence in it! Worcester Bosh much better.

“Smell in house makes me feel sick ”

written by AnyUserButNotMe on 16/03/2019

Had an Ariston combi boiler installed three months ago and from day one it smells. I can smell it in every room of the house, told installer who didn’t seem to find a problem but after paying nearly £3000 I am seriously considering getting another installer fitting a Bosch Worcester like the one we used to have. My nose feels stuffy and blocked all the time. My husband says it smells like cats wee but I think it’s like an old oily engine with a sulphur smell. It’s just not right and it has to go. It’s worse on windy days. It just has to go. Never again....

“BEST BOILERS EVER!!”

written by dazshone on 23/10/2018

We fit these and they are very cost effective and very reliable boilers, most people who bring this products name to shame are customers who have had a poor install. Most of the breakdowns on these boilers is caused by poor installation and poor water quality in the system that will cause any boiler to fail. I recommend these boilers but please make sure your systems are flushed and filters are fitted and correct inhibitor concrete are used. 10/10

“Appalling”

written by Emerymi286 on 18/04/2017

Had Ariston boiler 3 years. In that time virtually every component has had to be replaced. Absolutely shocking - Ariston should be closed down by Trading Standards.

“Fantastic boiler”

written by Christiant33 on 01/03/2017

Loved my CLAS HE Evo boiler. had one issue with the boiler, however Ariston came out the next day to repair the boiler, the engineer even had the parts on his van. This boiler was great value for money and even came with a 12 year warranty

“Great Boiler 12 yr warranty ”

written by LukasGilbert310 on 23/06/2016

I finally replaced my old Vokera boiler and was persuaded to install the Ariston CLAS HE 30kw. We have not had one issue with the boiler and it also came with a free 12 year manufacturers warranty. The value for money compared to the Worcester Bosch alternative was also a huge reason for opting to install the Ariston. The installer told me that the Ariston range has much improved and is the equivalent to a Valliant EcoTec. Our property seems to heat a lot quicker and we never run out of hot water in the mornings. We have also seen our monthly gas bills drop by 15%. BONUS!!!! I'm not the type of person to normally write reviews but I would certainly recommend this boiler and my installer! Hope this review helps someone.

Graeme1952's Comment

Written on: 24/06/2016

Totally agree with this review, my plumber has fitted 3 boilers over the last 25 years for me and the Ariston 38 is the latest one fitted 3 months ago. I am a retired commercial heating engineer and can't fault the boiler, I also have the remote control SENSYRS fitted which tells Ariston if there's a problem with the boiler and because my plumber has done their training he is the one who would come out to fix it. I had a Worcester 38Cdi previously and after my first quarterly gas bill I've saved £122 compared to last year with no change to how good my heating or hot water is. I am a happy bunny.

“Absolute Rubbish!”

written by AristonHater on 27/12/2015

These boilers are junk! Do not waste your money buying one. They're cheap but then you certainly get what you pay for. And to top it all, their service is hopeless.

“Terrible Boiler”

written by Javionn257 on 14/12/2015

Had it for 5 years and never failed to disappoint me. Always cuts off and the parts wear out quicker than you could imagine. Stay away !!!!

“A honey trap”

written by luScott226 on 07/10/2015

I was lured into buying a CLAS HE 30 boiler five years ago by the fact that it came with a five year warranty. However five years goes surprisingly quickly and although during that time only one repair was necessary, there was a continual issue with the time clock which had to be replaced four times. Now that the boiler is out of guarantee and needs repairing again, the only option Ariston will give you is a fixed cost repair at £255.This will give potential buyers of Ariston boilers an indication of the lack of confidence the manufacturers have in their own products, that any time after five years the boiler is likely to need a major repair,bearing in mind the cost of the repair relative to the original price of the boiler. Anyone wanting to buy a new boiler would be well advised to find out what the manufacturer's service department offers outside the guarantee period.

“STAY AWAY!!!!”

written by TWHeating on 26/08/2015

Attended a breakdown yesterday where the customer had no paperwork and boiler was only 9 months old. Called technical department! Tried for an hour to get through, but no one answered...... Rang the sales department and they answered straight away and said there was only 2 people I the tech department and they're at lunch! Finally got through to a guy who in my opinion as a gas engineer of 16 years have never spoke to someone on a tech desk who was so unhelpful. Did not offer any advice and said how did he know if he was not in front of the boiler!!!!!! When explained boiler was only 9 months old, he took the details and said there was no warranty as boiler was not register and it was to late!!! Pile of rubbish stay away....... FAR AWAY

“Looks great,performs badly”

written by on 13/08/2014

Expansion vessel lost pressure,gas valve needed adjustment due to constant error 504,filling loop leaks,all within 3 years of installation.

“Very satisfied indeed”

written by on 18/05/2014

I had this boiler fitted in March 2012 and I couldn't be happier. I had a complete new system installed which included pipework and radiators.

“Keeps cutting out”

written by JaylynnGrady1959 on 06/03/2014

The boiler was only on a two year warranty when it was installed. Now it keeps cutting out. The fault is intermittent. Yesterday the engineer came out and it was working - so I paid him and today it's broken again. Many engineers seem to have no experience of this boiler. The Ariston service centre offered me a locally trained engineer. There is an answering machine and no one has returned my message of four days ago. I would not reommend this brand to anyone.

“Can't give them no stars otherwise I would”

written by on 26/02/2014

Awful boilers what I find strange is the only favourable reviews seem to come from installers and not end users the exception being newly installed appliances. In my experience these boilers are awful in terms of longitivity and reliability - this can be highlighted in pre 2010 boilers only having a two years warranty and Ariston will not offer any warrant on its repair on these boilers greater than 28 days! this says it all really. The cost of parts does not compare favourably either with some plain washers being priced at £2.20 .....for a washer!! They have been nothing but problems with leaks flame detection pcb failures etc on a vast range of products and we will never specify these boilers ever again in anything we are designing.

“DO NOT BUY - 7 YEARS OF HELL!!!!!”

written by on 23/02/2014

We had a chaffateau boiler fitted, which failed to work properly, got stuck in a fitter vs manufacturer argument and had invalid warranty. Had to go on 'Don't Get Done Get Dom' tv programme to get it sorted!!! Ariston boiler fitted as replacement as they had taken over Chaffateau - worked until just out of warranty and been nothing but trouble since then. Had new pressure relief valve, internal tank exploded so external fitted, air valve sometimes drips and now getting the ignition and flame lift problems others have mentioned and it is failing to come on. Cutting losses and buying a Worcester or similar....v angry as has cost us a small fortune for pile of rubbish and nothing we can do about it!

“JUNK AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE”

written by stellastar on 09/12/2013

Had nothing but trouble with this leaky piece of junk. Customer service is terrible and the product kills itself after the initial warranty. Get yourself some serious insurance if you are going to buy this heap. Avoid B Gas as they have a 99 pound excess. There are companies which have zero excess. I curse the day I had this rubbish installed. Please don't buy! (Ill get my satisfaction some how! :)

Asked by cmariemcev on 15th November 2016 Report this content
Hello IS AN ARISTON 24W a combi boiler ? Thanks

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site