Trivago www.trivago.co.uk

Trivago www.trivago.co.uk
3.3
Trivago www.trivago.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Trivago www.trivago.co.uk

“Trivago Listed a Scamster Hotel Booking Site!”

written by on 22/05/2019

Do NOT trust a hotel booking company just b/c they’re on Trivago. Like the Hotels for Everyone company which had commonly been seen on Trivago up until late April/early May when it cancelled customers’ reservations with little to no advance notice, and then declared they were going out of business w/o bothering to issue refunds. They left MANY folks in the lurch & scrambling for affordable hotel rooms. My hotel alone reported that around 100 of their would-be customers had their reservations cancelled by Hotels for Everyone, some poor souls not finding out until they arrived to the hotel! The good-for-nothing fly-by-nights at HFE and their supplier Tourico Holidays, which now goes by the name of Hotelbeds, (described as a “Hotel Services Company in Palma De Mallorca, Spain”) won’t reply to e-mails and there’s no way to speak w/ someone over the phone or leave a message. You’re forced to file a claim for a refund through your credit card company—what a hassle! One would EXPECT a hotel booking co. listed by Trivago would be legitimate! Hotels for Everyone is out of business, cancelled my reservation over a month ago, but what have they done w/ my money?! Please use only the well-known & trusted hotel booking sites which will be around tomorrow!

“WORST BOOKING EXPERIANCE I HAVE EVER HAD”

written by GINGERNESS on 13/05/2019

Wanted to book 2 rooms for 2 nights. SHORT VERSION IS THAT IT TOOK US 2 HOURS AT CHECK IN AND THEN THE HOTEL CHARGED US FOR 2 ROOMS FOR 1 OF THE NIGHT. NOT SURE THE BOOKING SITES THEY USE ARE RELIABLE. MY POINT IS STAY AWAY FROM TRIVAGO!!!

“Deceitful & not Honest!!!”

written by davereastin on 05/02/2019

On 12/31/2018 I booked a reservation through HotelPower.com for a vacation at "Dreams Resorts" in Cabo San Lucas, i received my confirmation number, they charged my credit card. On 01/31/2019 I contacted the Hotel (Dreams) to confirm my reservation, they had no record of it, I then called HotelPower.com to inform them that the Hotel did not have my reservation, they assured it was a simple mistake, and they would take care of it, they said they would contact me within 24 hours, there was no contact. I contacted them again, they now told me that my confirmation was for a different Hotel, I told them NO and that I took a screen shot of the confirmation from them to send to other family members, and it list the "Dreams Resort" they requested a copy of the screen shot by email, and said if that was the case they would have it resolved within 24 hours, the weekend went by, and no contact. I contacted them again on Monday Morning, they said they will respond to my email immediately, they did by saying they would have it resolved again. Again, no response. I called Tuesday morning, then they told me my request was "Denied" I asked how can it be denied, I only want what I purchased, and was promised & charged for. then they said there is nothing they can do. I then requested a full refund for the initial charge. he said they could not offer a refund, only send me to an inferior hotel where I would not be with my family to celebrate my 35th wedding anniversary with my children. As a result of their actions I feel compelled to warn other potential consumers!!! I am now going to contact my CC company to dispute the charge, and make a new reservation at the dreams resort, and it will now cost me lots more for making it within two weeks of arrival. Notice what they sent me in the attachment, and then say they will not honor. NEVER will I use Hotelpower.com or any of their affiliates in my life... Very sad :(

“DUNSLEY HALL KINVER BIRTHDAY PARTY NIGHTMARE”

written by billybadger12 on 22/02/2018

I had a 50th birthday party arranged for 24 people at Dunsley Hall (or should I call it fawlty towers) and I had been looking forward to it all day, unfortunately it was a complete disaster, I will not or my family and friends be using it again. We booked a room last year at no cost, but this year we had to pay £75 . I would never hire a room again the food and service were terrible. Starters The bread came out first and the soup starter’s (which were cold) 10minutes later by which time all the bread had been eaten but when we asked for some more, the request was ignored. A large number of Starters came out cold, one starter was not even cooked as it had been forgotten, and when we complained they said if they had to cook it now it would ruin the main meals which the person had said they would catch up if it was brought out. But 10 minutes later they came back to say would you like something else and the reply was I have already said I wanted the original starter I ordered , so at that point we had to say forget it ! Main Meals As for the main meals they were being put out all over the place and by the time the Vegetable’s came out a large number of mains had to be sent back to be re-heated . By the time they came back the vegetables were cold. Some of the main dishes were hardly touched, not the best! Deserts A crème brulee was brought out up side down in a glass ramekin dish which had fruit on top, firstly this dish doesn’t have fruit on normally and I think this had been done deliberately because of the complaints. I believe this could have been a health and safety issue. Just imagine if it had broken and the food and glass had been consumed, what would have been the consequences. Complaints I must stress I was doing a lot of complaining because so many things were going wrong .I spent more time out of the room that we had hired , than in it , consequently my night was completely ruined . I asked at about 11pm to discuss the bill with the Manager they had all left. I did compromise with a member of staff on the Bill, who was very sympathetic, but at several points during the night I almost walked out, but didn’t as It was a special occasion and I had family and friends who had come a long way. The way this particular evening was managed I can not put in strong enough words. It was a complete disaster. I hold the management completely responsible as I don’t believe the two girls who were looking after us on the evening were to blame. They were very friendly and tried their best. The training, if any was very poor and they didn’t know what to say or do with so many things going wrong; they should have had guidance from senior management. I did have a phone call from the owner the next day apologizing and “saying I don’t know what to say! “Well I am a Manager and if somebody wasn’t happy with my staff , service or food I would have said what can I do to compensate or put it right for you but this was never even mentioned and I gave him plenty of time to think over what he was saying . As I said earlier I will never be using this Dunsley Hall (Fawlty Towers again).

“Travagio great site always great offers ”

written by on 29/12/2017

I would recommend travagio great site always get the best deals like other sites do charge higher always up to date

“Marriott 5 Star Hotel Champs Elysées Paris”

written by waHuber361 on 10/11/2017

This should be retitled the minus one star Marriott Motel Champs Elysées because: The heating did not work. Request for a heater ignored 4 times. Toilet didn’t flush properly. Shower didn’t drain, flooded bathroom. Three course meal of soup, fish and fruit salad. Came with knife and fork only, no spoons. When 2 spoons requested, only 1 came. Hotel car parking –Twice as expensive as public car parking. An absolute disgrace.Clearly rubbish management. Don't stay there. Location superb, everything else rubbish.

“twin room”

written by sheilacanberra on 15/08/2017

I booked a twin room at the Premier inn Kidderminster, but on entering the room saw that there was a double bed and a small bed with lower legs like a childs bed it had no light over the bed and no side table to put a clock on. No internal phone if you needed to contact reception you had to use your own mobile phone which I did to complain that this was not a Twin room as ordered also to inform them that we had one small hand towel and one large bath towel between us, the manager came up to see us he could see I'm on crutches and my friend who had to sleep in that small bed was 94 years old but he continued to argue with us that this was a twin room. He did give us some more towels but I thought the service was not what I would have expected from this company. To me a twin is two of the same kind at least my two sets of twin grandchildren are. The room we stayed in was 121

“Country Tonite in pigeon Forge”

written by Abbott384 on 24/07/2017

The Country tonight show was spectacular! A decent price too. I would definetly go again.

“Best apartment in Benidorm”

written by on 13/07/2017

We stayed here in June it was absolutely beautiful..The staff are excellent very helpful could'nt help anymore if they tried.Everything was there and if it wasn't you only had to ask.One thing we liked best was the cleanliness and the views are beautiful, a large furnished balcony what more could you ask.We will be coming back that's a definite.

“Army and Navy in Silema, Malta”

written by on 22/06/2017

What a lovely place to relax and eat excellent food with lovely friendly staff, we go to Silema every year and this our first port of call, we always get such a lovely welcome, we drop off the cases, then off to the sea front, well done to all

“YOU BASTARDOS INVADED YOUTUBE ”

written by KarliFaulkner on 29/03/2017

WHY DO I NEED TO SEE YOUR COMERCIAL EVERY VIDEO?? FOR 15 SECONDS??? FFS U GUYS ARE THE WORST

“Dacha Russian restaurant in East Finchley North London”

written by ABravesmith on 05/02/2017

Dacha Russian restaurant is a gem with beautiful food and unusual dishes. It's a small place, with an attractively designed interior, which opened a few months ago tucked away in Aylmer Parade as you drive towards East Finchley northwards. It is well worth finding as the Russian food in the evenings includes lovely starters like thin strips of aubergine rolled around a soft cheese and served with pomegranate seeds and flat parsley. Main courses include Beef Stragonoff, Chicken Kiev, Plov and the most wonderful home made dumplings with sour cream. I thought however that best of all was the Buffet all day until 5pm Fri, Sat and Sun for £8.99 This is a fantastic spread of Borscht, fish, salads, bliny, pickled tomatoes and cucumbers, etc and sweet dishes as well. The only snag can be parking as the parade has only limited spaces and it's not very near a tube station. Maybe that will protect it from becoming overcrowded as the very good standard of cooking becomes more well known! Highly recommended.

“Please remove The Longhouse, Kuala Lumpur from your list”

written by Ashantih1947 on 23/01/2017

Please remove The Longhouse, Kuala Lumpur from your list. It is very dirty and not comfortable. NO air ventilation at all and smelly. Bed is very DIRTY with bed bugs. NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL!! Very disappointed with this booking.

“Please remove The Longhouse, Kuala Lumpur from your list”

written by Ashantih1947 on 23/01/2017

“Amoma awful”

written by daviddrane on 21/01/2017

sometimes a room or hotel advertised on Trivago recommending booking via Amoma, trust me when I say DONT!!; even if slightly more, book via somewhere else. After sales is like pulling teeth when things go wrong, like a system error booking same room twice, or on one review I saw saying booking not done at all. They take no responsibility, just say they will instigate administrative proceedures with no guarantee

“may-dene hotel blackpool”

written by maxine79 on 09/09/2016

me and my hushband went for weekend away at the may-dene hotel in blackpool it was the first time we stayed here, on arrival the lady (i can't think of her name sorry) was warm an welcoming on arrival an helped wth our neeeds an helped with parking, the room was comfy an ideal for us both as we have stayed in some not nice bnbs so we only really stay on dean street due to the bnbs been clean, the breakfast was filling and they come into to ask if we was ok which is nice of an bnb, its only a few minutes away from fun fair and beach which is handy also not far from shops, you do have a bit of walk upto the main town so if you dont mind walking thats ok as we dont mind a walk as we have walk on the front as we only come down blackpool for a unwind weekend with us both workin, i would recommend to friends and would go back again i have asked for weekend in oct as goin again for two days,

“Remove hotel from list”

written by KristenParks232 on 17/08/2016

Country Inn and suites in Matteson, IL. Over priced and dirty.

“False advertising”

written by Weaver97 on 01/08/2016

Edson Ramada. We were on website and saw a price of $97 needing two rooms thought good deal. Upon arrival we are being charged $116..... While rooms are comfy the hotel lacks in many other areas. Breakfast is awful. Microwaved eggs, hash browns and sausage. Not impressed at all and will never be back

“Wrong prices quoted ”

written by edgled on 29/06/2016

I have used trivago in the past and achieved good deals. However currently the prices quoted are far below the hotel actual prices once you are redirected to the booking.com site. Why????

“Britannia hotel Newcastle airport”

written by margaritalountza on 28/06/2016

Recently stayed overnight prior to early morning departure and found the hotel welcoming, clean, comfortable and great value for money, with close access to the airport. I was appalled to read the reviews of this hotel dating back to 2010 which should be removed. This hotel does not reflect the standard it is now, 6 years later. Cannot comment on the food as I didn't need any. I would definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend it to travellers for overnight accommodation.

Asked by edgled on 29th June 2016 Report this content
Used Trivago to find suitable hotel in Birmingham for a couple of days mid December. Good price's shown but on clicking 'show deal' and redirected to booking.com the prices quoted were much higher. Why???

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site