The Instructor College Reviews

The Instructor College - Ask a question now

“Avoid Avoid!”

written by Nataly1954 on 31/07/2015

I got out of the instructor college lightly about 11 years ago, I ended up paying £1000 for theory test training with them that I ended up doing myself! I signed up on the basis and they said I could get all training done in 3-4 months (Parts 1,2 and 3) when I was ready to start part 2 they said we don't have a car or trainer available for over 2 months. Bloody liars. Money by deception in my view, a complete pack of rodents that will say anything to get your money! Their sales pitch of earn £600 a week is untrue as that does not take into account running costs of a car, Insurance and fuel costs, again more lies. Thousands of instructors are struggling to make a living in this profession, best advice is don't do it with the instructor college! Avoid Avoid!

“Avoid Avoid!”

written by Nataly1954 on 31/07/2015

“I'm surprised that these rogues are still in business...”

written by Davidson482 on 03/09/2014

I'm surprised that these rogues are still in business and even more surprised at the extraordinarily high average rating of 1.1 / 5. Oh !, I see - you have to score at least one star !

“Leaving problems with B.S.M ”

written by Cahillhs262 on 29/07/2014

I have the same situation with B.S.M . You have to give them 60 days termination notice and they don`t supply any new pupils from the day you hand in your notice . You need to make sure you have a full diary when you do it or could end up paying them a lot of money .

Artheraskey's Comment

Written on: 01/08/2014

There's no money in this anymore.

“Termination of Contract”

written by 8233 on 26/11/2012

I have been with RED for 18 months. I had very few problems with the training and have nothing but repsect for my Instructor. What i take issue with ids craftily worded contracts( solicitors words not mine). I was under the impression I only had to give 4 weeks writtten notice to terminate my contract but it transpires I had to work oput my contract ten give 4 weeks notice. They ave told me if I wis to terminate this contract I will have to pay them just over £9000. Please please please read the contract mad make sure you fully understand what you are signing.

Abfab1's Response to 8233's Review

Written on: 02/08/2014

Avoid them at all costs......

“Red Instructor Training”

written by on 25/07/2012

Please Please do your homework before signing up with this company. Your training is in 3 parts the first 2 you can do yourself at very little cost. The third part you will need some training from a reputable trained instructor. I thought I looked at the small print when signing on with RED but the training is poor. If you are trying to organize the training around other commitments you will find them unhelpful. The training is not 1:1 and I found the 3 additional lessons I took with another local instructor far better. RED Instructor driving college keep re inventing themselves under different names which should straight away sound the warning bells. !!

Cobra289's Comment

Written on: 29/10/2012

I totally agree, I went with the instructor college a few years ago, dsome of the training was very poor quality.

They used to ring you out of the blue to offer training the following day

I ended up going and doing my Part 3 traing with someonelse.

Abfab1's Comment

Written on: 02/08/2014

Avoid at all costs......there are instructors still trying to get there money back from a couple of years ago...they do mot provide what they say they will....go with an independent trainer!

Read 2 Comments

“RED Driver instructor Training”

written by tellitlikeitis12 on 31/03/2012

DO NOT BECOME AN INSTRUCTOR WITH RED! The trainer will not remember who you are. They are quick to take your money but do not provide a service or at least compassion for their downfalls. You will regret it! The manager is happy to tell you everything you want to hear just to get you started, then after you sign up, your on your own and have to write your way out of cancelling because their phone lines are always busy or closed! Thought it was my duty to warn someone!

“WARNING DO NOT TRAIN WITH RED INSTRUCTOR TRAINING”

written by Mechanic67 on 07/09/2011

Im totaly disgusted with the way in which RED have behaved with my training. They have taken £4000 pounds off me for poor training, the only training material I have received from them are 4 books and 1 cd, the training was extremely poor, training was often cancelled, instructors failed to turn up, when I did get training I had to travel to different parts of the country to get it, when I did train the instructors constantly stopped for coffee and tea , the instructors I had advised me to go else where for better training. Im now being told they will not provide me with my validation training and that this would be extra even though they have already taken £4000 pounds of my hard earned cash. This is going to cost me an extra £620 pounds. If any body wishes to go down the route of instructor training DON'T GO WITH RED , they dont care about you, all they want is your money and to get shot of you.

Abfab1's Response to Mechanic67's Review

Written on: 02/08/2014

Yes....that sounds about right, nothing's changed.

Read 1 Comment

“I would like to comment on RED, which I agree with...”

written by on 30/11/2010

I would like to comment on RED, which I agree with what people are saying. I work in a background in social care and extremely well paid and provide a high level of customer service.

I had a so call interview on the 28/11/10 at RED in North finchley. On arrival I found the receptionist rude and she had a arrogant attitude. I arrived 10 mins late trying to find the place and getting through this weather is difficult, with public transport.

Upon arrival I explained to her that I was here for a interview and she said what interview after giving my name. It was a presentation, so they milead me in my text as I was wearing a suit and should be grateful for giving my money away which I did not. I had concerns here as someone came out and spoke to me and gave me a brochure. I explained my circumstances and I could see that through a glass window a group of foreign people sitting there, which did not seem like a interview. The trainer said I could not enter and so the other person said take this brochure as to what is being presented is in this brochure and you have not missed anything.

I asked about the cost of doimng a course there was no comment? I felt the service was bad and it was more like I was in a jobcentre and should be grateful I was there.

Thank God I did not go any further and hence I researched RED and found these reviews. I work in a profession that honesty is valued high and I would not make up these facts. This is a real experience and I would rather stay with the job I do atleast I get paid on time and maybe its not that flexible, but its better then throwing away money in such difficult economic times. It will take a long time to see any return and by the way RED do not stop calling me trying to arrange another interview with 10 other people? They will do anything to get you through and unfortunately we live iin a world built on lies and deceit. Just look at the banks, politicians, and the police along with other institutions. its a common thing to be cheated so others benefit from your hard earned money.

Marcus

London

“I felt I had to write and warn anyone NOT to train...”

written by on 28/08/2010

I felt I had to write and warn anyone NOT to train with RED driving School! My husband decided he would like a change of career and after responding to an advert went along to an open day with RED driving school. The 'salesman' singled my husband out and spent the whole time convincing him that he would be 'perfect' for this type of job, my husband felt obliged to sign up but did of course clarify the cancellation rights. (14 days)
After discussion and a good look at the starter pack we decided this was not the right decision and utilised the cancellation rights, we telephoned RED to advise them of the decision, then we sent the starter pack back.
We assumed this was the end of it - 1 year later we received a default letter from the college saying we owed £3,500 My husband didnt even register the starter pack!! this debt was then sold on to a debt colection agency wanting £7000!! Now that the debt has been taken on by a debt collection agency RED Driving school have been paid and we now have no choice but to pay the debt collection agency - £3,500 for NOTHING!! After numerous responses from RED Driving school we are still no further - DO NOT SIGN UP!!!!!!!!!!

“i am training with red at leytonstone,please do not...”

written by on 12/07/2010

i am training with red at leytonstone,please do not sign up with RED.They rip you off and dont care about you or your driving, all they care about is your money and trainers out there only do the hours they get paid for so they dont care about your learning either.I pay for incar sessions and half the time i sit at the back seat watching someone else driving which puts you to sleep and then the trainers will stop at tesco or sainsburys for tea and coffee and they waste my time.They promised me a car for my b test but they could not provide me one.They are so rubbish.

“Hi ”

written by on 01/03/2010

Hi
My name is Brian and until recently I was employed with Red Instructor Collage as a driver trainer here is my story,I was approached by Red about 9 months ago and invited to apply for a position as a trainer at my local Southampton office as I thought this would be a good opportunity to further my career I applied for the position and was offered the job,At my time of starting their was a big back load of trainees waiting to do sessions but the waiting times were about 8 weeks and a lot of complaints were coming in with regards to this so this was obviously the reason that I and a fellow college of mine were brought in to help shorten the waiting times anyway over a few months the waiting times came down and I also completed my part 2 audit training things were looking rosy until about 4 weeks ago when at very short notice I was called into my bosses office and notified that my job was at threat from redundancy due to lack of funds and a restructuring of the whole instructor training de vision of the company,As you can imagine this came as a total shock to me so anyway a week later I was given a interview to discuss my options where I was offered a" lucrative" deal to join the franchise side of things to teach learners which I thought was a total slap in the face so I politely declined and told them to shove it in so many words,A week later I was given a leaving date which was the 12th of February and warned in writing that if I left sooner I would not get a penny so I worked up to this date,I was later informed that my last pay cheque would be sent by cheque along with a payment for making me redundant of £1600 which would have made my final pay cheque around £2800,Ok so this would give me a little money to pay the bills and start looking for further employment"as I am a single Parent with a family to provide for" anyway I was due to be paid on the 19th so I phoned up my boss the day before to ask if he knew when I should receive my final pay cheque only to be told that the company had gone into administration and I wouldn't be receiving a penny even though all the people who were still employed their would be getting their pay as usual so their is my story I now find myself with no money or savings and the bills having to be paid and having to go through a process which could take up to 8 weeks just to get my wages,I had to go and sign on for the first time in 25 years yesterday and have to say I felt ashamed so my message to all the fat cats at Red who have been lineing their pockets on the board of red and creaming it off on the misery of other peoples expense is as follows"My name is Brian Greaves and I hope in this life that nothing good comes to you and your families I hope you's choke on the money that you's have made on the backs of other peoples hopes and misery"

Brian Greaves

“I trained with Red qualified in 9months thanks to my...”

written by on 17/02/2010

I trained with Red qualified in 9months thanks to my own hard work passing my three tests first time. I couldn`t make any money as an instructor though, I was offered a job with the college and as a recruitment consultant I saw the inside of how the company runs. I would urge anyone not to train with Red, they are after your money and don`t care whether you are capable of doing the course, in fact my line manager found it amusing if a complete no hoper was signed up. Please please dont allow yourself to be mislead by the recruitment interview process and walk away keeping your money in the bank,they even encouraged me to sign up people on benefits!

“I have been working at it for 12 months now. Its hard...”

written by on 11/02/2010

I have been working at it for 12 months now. Its hard going with little or no support. I needed more driving instruction but have found its not available. I found the teaching lacking guidance and encouragement. At the end of each lesson I have come away deflated! Will struggle on but dont know for how much longer. I would not recommend the course.

“i passed my instructors course with red, i payed £3500...”

written by on 10/02/2010

i passed my instructors course with red, i payed £3500 with the promise of £400 pound back after i passed that was 7 month ago they are not anwering the phone leaving me on hold , they are a rip off. dont get me wrong my instructor was very good but customer service 0 out of 10 the one time i did get intouch they told me the check will be no later than 4 jan it is feb 10 and 7 month later.

“I paid up front for the course, completed the course...”

written by on 09/10/2009

I paid up front for the course, completed the course and attempted the part 3 test at the advise of my trainer, failed miserably. The examiner made a comment about the company I had used and recommended I find a better trainer.

I then went away and spent another year re training with a much better company before finally passing part 3. It cost me double as I had to pay someone else for the retraining, RED were not interested in providing the training I had paid them for.

After passing we are supposed to do a business course, I am still waiting for them to return my phone calls, despite numerous calls to book onto this course.

If you want to be a driving instructor, there is no shortage of instructors, you are unlikely to earn £30K per year and the RED course is unlikely to deliver success at part 3. Find a local school for your training. At least they will do their best to get you qualified, rather than just treat you as another cash cow.

“I trained with The Instructor College - had to get...”

written by on 09/06/2009

I trained with The Instructor College - had to get loads of training elsewhere to get me up to standard. It was very difficult to get training booked in despite the fact I was much more flexible with my availability than most. I qualified but I am certain I would not have done if I had not got around 30 additional hours of training elsewhere to put right what they got wrong.

“I trained with the Instructor College and would not of...”

written by on 24/02/2009

I trained with the Instructor College and would not of passed without teaming up with other trainees and training ourselves. I found that dates seemed very hard to get so takes a long time, you always feel you have to fight to get any training. They are nice people but the bad points are the course structure.

Stevewatkins007's Comment

Written on: 21/04/2009

I found this review helpful because...we all need feed back but this was the one and only review