Select & Protect Home Insurance Reviews - selectandprotect.co.uk

select and protect Home Insurance Reviews
1.3

Media Gallery for Select and Protect Home Insurance Reviews - selectandprotect.co.uk

“I booked a cruise around Asia starting at Jordan so...”

written by Parsons62 on 05/12/2023

I booked a cruise around Asia starting at Jordan so took our cruise and worldwide cover, the cruise was cancelled to 2 weeks later still going to Asia but not Jordan, expected to pay more but they wanted £135 more for a 2 weeks holiday, their response was Jordan was in Europe so it was cheaper I asked them was India in Europe then the reply was if the underwriter said it is

“Appalling Customer Service”

written by rfMcDonald1946 on 14/11/2022

I wish I had looked at this site before taking out Travel Insurance with this company,Insure and Select. We are booked to go on a short 5night cruise at the end of this month, so we needed travel insurance. This came up on a Travel Insurance comparison site and the price was good. I am extremely doubtful that they would pay out if we had to cancel or had a claim while away. Their policy documents are extremely unclear as to what’s covered and what isn’t. I have tried to clarify this with them but didn’t get far. Now my husband has developed bronchitis so I had to contact them to add this to the policy. It only took me nearly all morning. Nobody answering the phone just music playing. Went to chat line on website to inform them. This was no good told to phone the number, no reply. Back to the chat line where I told them exactly what I thought and that they should phone me. They did eventually but I dread having to make a claim. Avoid at all costs!

“Totally Diabolical”

written by USEDBYSANDP on 16/02/2021

Avoid. I have held buildings and contents insurance with them continuously for 21 years, it was set up with my mortgage. They have raised premium levels every year. I have never claimed for anything. I recently (feb 21) tried to make a small claim for water damage from old pipework that had leaked. A surveyor came out and declined (their own surveyor to protect their interest) Just what is home buildings and contents insurance for? S&P like taking your money every month though. Yes its one of those things that I should check and compare regularly - how many other people let this slide and do the same? I am starting their complaints procedure before going to the ombudsman with this. I like a previous commenter have found the same buildings and contents insurance on a comparison website for less than a third of the price..S & P advise me that I must keep up my premiums whilst the complaint procedure is dealt with. also worrying is if you search the company, it leads to believe that it is not trading which is quite alarming given that lots of people will be paying a monthly premium. If I could give zero stars for communication, customer service, value for money, I would.

Kevo12345's Response to USEDBYSANDP's Review

Written on: 25/10/2022

I TOOK TRAVEL INSURANCE OUT AND WAS VEEY ILL IN HOSPITAL,WHEN I WAS BETTER AND BACK HOME WITH A 800 EURO HOSPITAL BILL I HAD TO PAY,I PHONED THEM MULTIPLE TIMES 45MINS ON PHONE WHEN I TOLD THEM I NEED A CLAIMS FORMS WAS CUT OFF 3 TIMES THEN TOLD ON 4TH TIME ITS WITH AXA A 3RD PARTY,THEY GAVE ME A PHONE NUMBER THAT DID NOT EXIST,NOW ONLINE AXA ARE SAYING THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF MY EMAIL ADDRESS OR DATE OF BIRTH,QUICK ENOUGH TO TAKE YOUR CASH BUT WHEN YOU NEED TO CLAIM THEY DONT WANNA NO,ON MY BANK STATEMENT IT SAY I PAID SELECT AND PROTECT NOT AXA ABSOLUTE JOKE.ANYONE THINKING OF IT DONT BOTHER WASTE OF MONEY.

“Avoid ”

written by on 20/10/2020

Very poor service and very MISLEADING.AVOID!!!

“APPALLING SERVICE. GO ELSEWHERE”

written by Ameni on 12/11/2019

Year after year they increased my elderly mother’s premium until it rose to £800 even though she had never made a claim. When i queried it i was told she should have asked for a review and it was entirely her fault. I found the same cover from 10 other companies for £200

“Appalling. Steer clear!!!! ”

written by on 07/11/2017

At first all seemed well. Select and protect were recommended by our mortgage broker as offering cheapest insurance. First year, all ok. Second year, what a disaster! We moved house twice and they didn’t cancel one of the addresses on their system so I was paying for 2 policies for 4 months. That was refunded after about 20 phone calls and numerous emails. Calls to 0345 numbers are a fortune from mobiles!!!! Due to a computer glitch at S&P, it then turned out that another policy was attached to my name, so again, I started paying for 2 policies. Now when renewing my insurance my policy has gone up £20 per month. Avoid this broker at all costs. No one calls you back. No one takes responsibility or ownership to resolve your problems. They are cheaper for a reason!!!!

“My grandmother had her home insured with Select and...”

written by Susanl426 on 10/08/2017

My grandmother had her home insured with Select and Protect, and even though she never made a claim they put her premium up every year and quoted her £800 for this yea., When she queried it she was told it was HER fault for not asking for a review.

“Not what i asked for”

written by customer556 on 08/09/2016

I went on the go compare site to find reasonable contents and buildings insurance when i chose select and protect SELECT AND PROTECT WASTE OF MY TIMEI got the policy there was no contents on it and the personal items were not covered when I asked them why they said I had not ticked the furnished box was your apartment furnished taking this into account the price had nearly doubled even though I only had half the insurance or less they had no explanation why personal items were not covered maybe they hope some people don't check there policy it was easy to cancel even though they asked for another £100 which made it the most expensive on line it went from £117 to £450 after I cancelled it and received a confirmation by email I received about 4 emails congratulating me on taking out the policy ive still no idea wether they've cancelled it or not and ive got to go to the bank to cancel the payments it took about an hour and a half to do and then I wrote this report a lot of waste of time and money not a good experience at all very unprofessional

“adds to the stress”

written by Aubriez386 on 31/05/2016

We were recommended select and protect from our mortgage broker and have been with this company for almost 3 years without making a claim. Our back door got damaged, meaning we were unable to secure our home. The Select and Protect website advised to contact the underwriter, Royal and Sun Alliance to make a claim. I telephoned Royal and Sun alliance, who advised me to call Select and Protect as it was a bank holiday. Select and Protect were closed as it was a bank holiday. Very frustration that you pay over a grand a year and can't even speak to someone when you need to discuss a claim. We will be changing insurer as soon as possible.

“paid out incorrectly”

written by 147Drew on 09/02/2016

We had a washing machine flood, Select and Protect sent a man down to check and we got the ok to get a quote. That also was agreed and we did not know that Select and Protect paid the company in advance even though they were not doing all the work . The flooring company did not do as contract then vanished leaving work not complete! We had to pay to have it finished and put up with the damage they had caused to furniture etc.. I would have expected the to pay the flooring company AFTER THE WORK HAD BEEN COMPLETED. and to let us know of the payment, after all we are the CUSTOMER..

“Misleading, conning and rip off ”

written by Cassidyx463 on 17/01/2016

googled for insurance specialist for risk of flooding properties They come up, and I filed in all the sections, at non point they dint highlight the insurance excluded payment in case of flooding! After payment ( a lot) the policy started 'exclude flood' When I cancelled in 5 minutes after realizing it they charge me £25 for admin work!! And they said Its in terms and conditions! Conning and unfair!

“So expensive and dont cover all you'd expect.”

written by Hallub87 on 01/04/2015

What a nonsense, I'm unprotected as my insurance doesn't cover what I own...even though I have plentyin my policy to cover it. I need to take out far more to cover my posessions (paintings and antiques etc), though of individual low value individually they are a higher percentage of my property than they will allow.It seems that they will only allow 16k of collection items in a total of 54k contents cover. I need to take out far more cover to insure my collected items even though the entire contents are of the value covered. Rip off. Also they are nearly 10 times more expensive than another company has insured me for Far more!

“Online comparison via confused.com - very...”

written by aarb1943 on 17/11/2014

I spent a good 2 hours inputting my data into this comparison site Home Protect came out tops at £387 so after doing my own comparisons I tried to follow up on my previously input work but I found that a great deal of that input was either missing or had been contaminated. I asked for quotes but nothing happened. I became aware it was 13:08pm on Saturday so maybe it had shutdown. I intended checking this morning and what did I find all the input I did on Saturday had not been saved. I had now to start re-inputting all that data again for a third(3) time. This time I eventually got to request "quotes" only to find that it had doubled over the one received from Confused.com. I decided to again add 3 items that I think are essential, that input pushed my quote over the £800 mark. I am not happy about all this and will be monitoring exactly what is in the policy documents when I can.

“Will do anything not to pay out.Disgusting service and...”

written by Mills1991 on 11/11/2014

Will do anything not to pay out.Disgusting service and appalling communication. £3000 at least of premiums and twobfailed claims later ive finally dumped like a dirty rag.Do not go near this company. 2 months to sort out a simple claim. Glaciers move faster.

“Burst pipe flooded kitchen”

written by on 12/10/2012

Been without a kitchen for all most two months with no ceiling & gaps in the floor boards looking into the bathroom & all this time have lived on takeaways they won't cover the cost of the plumber they sent cowboy builders round to Put a new ceiling in & plaster the walls they payed the plasters £150 to do the lot it's a total disgrace they've told us it will be ok When they've decorated have to wait & see they keep delaying us & telling us the floor covering we choose is discontinued But when we check with the supplier it's ok to order they are a total disgrace & need to be invested gated as they are complete rip offs never again .

Rebeccad83's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2013

This is a while ago but we are dealing with them now, can you tell me the company they used that were as you said cowboy builders? I'm nervous now they will turn up and do dreadful work after we have waited two months without a bathroom!! We are already planning on making a complaint once the claim is finished (if ever)

“HomeProtect.Org is Worthless”

written by on 05/10/2012

I bought a foreclosure home that offered 2 year warranty for certain appliances in the home. My AC unit for the downstairs went out so I called home protect. It was a$100 deductible, which I was fine with. The AC company they contracted with came after a few days and said my compressor was bad and they needed to report it to the warranty company. The warranty company called and told me they would replace the compressor but that I had to pay for the freon and removal, which was $85. Needless to say I payed even though I didn't agree with it....it was summer time and I live in Texas so it really was an emergency. Not even a year goes by and my downstairs AC goes out again. Guess what? Same thing...the compressor was bad. I called home protect. They again charged me $100 for the deductible since it has been over 180 days since the last claim. On top of that they decided again they would replace the compressor but I would have to pay $200 for the freon and removal. I told them it was very odd for the exact same thing to happen. The house is only 7 years old! I have to replace the same thing twice in less than 2 years? The warranty company had no empathy. I tried to speak with their supervisor and twice I was hung up on. I talked with 3 different people and told them I should not have to pay for something that has happened twice. They said it was still my responsibility and that it was federal law for them to dispose and remove properly. I found out that was a crock and what the company does it takes it to a junk yard to sell and make a profit off of. They also will get credited for the previous compressor since it was a 1 year manufacturers warranty. Again, nothing to help out the customer. They don't lose out on any money and I have to continue to pay. To some it up, I have payed $485 for just one AC. Thats not including the problems I have had with the upstairs AC (another horrible story I will not go further into). They told me every warranty company doesn't cover the disposal and removal. That is BS. The same time this was happening, my fridge stopped cooling. I had another warranty company that I've had for 5 years. They told me the compressor went bad and that it will need to be placed. I payed $0. No deducible, no removal and disposal fee, nothing. They take care of everything as long as it a mechanical issue and not cosmetic. The company is pitiful. My recommendation is to look for another company that overs better quality service, customer care, and resolves issues quickly and efficiently.

“Absolute scoundrels”

written by on 09/06/2012

My bathroom flooded nearly 6 months ago and just about destroyed my kitchen. The company have been using constant delaying tactics. Their procedures are not clear and I have been living with a horrible concrete floor and damaged cupboards and worktop. It took ages for them to respond and they are impossible to get any answers out of as to what they expect you to do. They recommended that we get rid of the rotten floor then said they wouldn't accept it because we had done it ourselves. My husband took time off work to do it and will want to claim for loss of earnings, not that they will pay up without a fight. Agree totally with all but 2 other reviews, the whole experience has been a complete nightmare, and I will be putting in a complaint!

“Commission grabbers”

written by on 29/04/2012

Have used this company as a mortgage broker for 4 years. Nothing but trouble with commission payments. They just dont want to pay!! Moving my clients away asap. Claim procedure confusing.

“Complete lack of customer service.”

written by on 27/09/2011

Three months after a bathroom flood we are still waiting for answers as to what is happening with our claim.No frontroom or landing carpet no skirting upstairs no bathroom floor the list goes on.No one at the company seems to know whats going on. I have made no end of phone calls and have spoken to different people everytime so have to go through the same questions over and over again.I certainly wouldnt recommend them to anyone.

“terrible service provided”

written by j7hsh on 07/09/2011

i would stay away from this company . i have been a loyal customer and they cannot offer me a refund after taking a direct debit ,through a admin problem. the problem is that i told them about. the customer service is lousy, the people are rude. there are one big joke . the worst thing is my direct debit is most probs the first round on there xmas night out . clowns