Cigna Medical Health Insurance Reviews

• Customer service

Cigna Medical Health Insurance - Ask a question now

“I would not recommend this to an enemy”

Written on: 24/03/2022 by Blackwell215 (1 review written)

In November I had pneumonia after having COVID. I mistakenly had home health care rather than go to a hospital as the home health care is much cheaper. I am located in Mexico and there is no deductible or other cost so it was only to save the insurance company and ultimately the company I work for money. Of the large number of claims I had to manually load as no one in Mexico takes insurance let alone Cigna Insurance they paid a few of them and then rejected the two largest ones - $1,400 and $1,260. They have given various reasons for the rejections and every time I fixed what was supposedly wrong they have found a different excuse until it got to the place there is nothing more I can correct. They now claim that all of Mexico uses the ICD coding system. Calling my various medical providers they don't even know what ICD is let alone use it. On one phone call I spent 2 hours and 19 minutes going over just one of the claims. It was finally determined that the rep on the other end of the phone did not have the correct receipt in her hand. How in the world do you spend over 2 hours talking and making statements on the wrong receipt.

“good at taking money, but sorry your not covered for that ”

Written on: 23/05/2013

easy to set up, and have your money debited every month, but if you need anything from them forget it

“I used this company as an expat in Moscow. They were...”

Written on: 06/02/2009

I used this company as an expat in Moscow. They were excellent! Moscow is a pretty expensive place for western standard medicine and Cigna never refused a claim. I didn't need to ask for permission before hand, except for a miscarriage that needed approval.
My family got sick very often in Moscow and our bills were just horrendous, The first year it exceeded 10k euros and Cigna covered them all.

“Direct billing of out-patient costs in Singapore where...”

Written on: 21/12/2008 by vtayloricis (1 review written)

Direct billing of out-patient costs in Singapore where I live with selected doctors - reduces all the hassle of form filling in.
Never had any issue with claims rejected
Cigna Health Care Insurance paid out promptly and were even good about paying out after my membership had expired for old claims (+one year) that i had overlooked. I have received the best service and least hassle from Cigna compare with other insurers. Would warmly recommend, if you can afford it!