AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“Do not go here”

written by on 21/01/2024

The only good thing about this place is that you can walk around their cars, examine them and sit in them without being hassled by a sales person. However I was insulted by the valuation they gave for my car, trying to claim that it was in poor condition, when in fact there was hardly a mark on it, with a full service history and low mileage. I was passed onto different sales people, all of which were trying to get me to take out more cover and spend even more money. Wont be going there again.

“Shocking customer service”

written by YasmineMiles157 on 19/12/2023

I went to collect my car today it was supposed to have had the diamond brite treatment after keeping me waiting 20 mins after mu appointment time I went to look at the vehicle it had the same green stagnant water marks around the headlamps that it had when I viewed the car several days ago. So has this vehicle been treated I guess not. They took it and rewashed it . When it came back I had someone different serving me who to be quite honest if she had smiled it would most certainly cracked her face. She took me back out to the car and the interior now has large wet spots and lots of marks which again if this had been treated as I was supposed to have been would they still be there she didn't like me pointing these out and started slamming the doors so we are now an hour and half over my appointment time and still not ready

“Been to buy car today and after speaking to advisor ...”

written by MathewCompton on 23/11/2023

Been to buy car today and after speaking to advisor and viewing a car went to advisor who told us we was able to take it for a test drive ,only to be told after a wait that it was already in the process of being sold to someone else

“WORST EVER COMPANY ”

written by Madalyn353 on 24/10/2023

have not actually bought a car of them - been trying for a week - valued my car my less then anywhere else, asked for service history to be emailed to them - did this to try and get a better price - do not come back to you - person am dealing with is as much use as a chocolate fireguard - glad I have read the reviews on here - will not be touching them ever again - seems they must be paying untrustworhtypilot to keep good reviews on, cause everywhere else on the internet the reviews are terrible for this company apart from untrustworthypilot - how they are so big is beyond me, but then again its probably because they are tricking people - by the reviews.

“Absolute joke of a company”

written by on 13/07/2023

We travelled an hour and a half to the Cannock Store to view a Mercedes GLA that we thought was good value. Boy were we wrong. The car had scratches underneath the headlights, bits of paint missing, and was filthy on the inside. The garage had brought the car from somewhere and didn't even have the decency to clean it. We took the car for a drive and it made a constant beeping sound. The lady that was in the car with us, had no idea what was going on, and had no car knowledge in general. I'm not sure how she got hired in the first place. Not just her, but the staff in general were rude, unprofessional, and unwilling to help. A truly horrific experience all round, save your time and money and DO NOT go to any availablecar branch

“Total incompetence”

written by Joinercol on 24/06/2023

My experience of trying to buy a car from these clowns was nothing more than a farce. They took my money then it went from bad to worse. Nobody to hand over the car then they decided they didnot want my px after agreeing price. I was left infuriated, very very insulted by the totally ignorant, arrogant and incompetent staff. I would recommend everyone to steer clear of this circus.

“Great aftersale service”

written by Bullpet on 13/12/2022

After a month my newply purchased car developed a batter fault. Within a day Available car Sutton in Ashfield had checked it and replaced the battery, no fuss or bother. It's nice to know they put things right without any quibbles.

“Steer Clear - Awful customer care - greed above people”

written by Gauged387 on 15/11/2022

We bought a car here. It broke down within a fortnight. They refused to collect it. We told them their guarantee is worthless - they AGREED it is not worth the paper it is written on. Gave us a load of flannel on the phone. Managed to limp a useless broken car to them. Couldn't even have the courtesy to speak with us. Absolutely disgusting disgraceful customer care. AVOID AVOID AVOID - money grabbing greedy beggars who only want to hit targets and don't care what they are selling. They lie on the phone. They say they will call back - they don't. In 50+ years I have never been so disrespected and treated so badly by any sales person. If you want a career with no education, no manners, no decency, no reliability, join this company of charlatans.

“Avoid avoid avoid”

written by Jayloni287 on 16/10/2022

Awful after sales if you have a problem. Do not buy from them you have been warned.

“Never again”

written by DaisyWatkins on 06/06/2022

Having paid over 11k for a 65 plate peugeot 2008 my sense that this company isn't big on customer service started on collection, waiting over 45 mins before being seen and rushed out. Things got a lot worse once a problem was identified with the gear box in the car. No help, no responsibility accepted and overall 'just how the car is' and there's nothing we can do. Not prepared to take it back. Attitude pretty poor. Definitely would not purchase from them again.

“Approach with caution”

written by SydneeShepherd262 on 23/05/2022

Following a visual inspection only (car still in the prep centre) we purchased a 16,000 mile 2018 Vauxhall Corsa GSi VX68 YSF with a generous options list. As the vehicle was such low mileage, being subject to a 78-point mechanical check and prepared to main dealer standards before collection we were confident so agreed to pay for the car in full before collection. The collection day test drive however revealed a car that had a misaligned steering wheel and pulled badly to the left. The car also felt mechanically much older than the 16,000 miles would suggest. Returning to the dealer was not a pleasant experience, we were spoken to in an unprofessional manner and when pushed the only explanation given was that the vehicle must have suffered some damage whilst being manoeuvred around the parking lot, the wheels were however unmarked. We were assured that a comprehensive inspection and road test had been completed prior to collection and that an MOT was completed so the car was all good. They agreed to try and fix this issue over the next week (we had absolutely zero confidence in them by this point) and we could make another 70+ mile round trip. No apology given or good will gesture offered apart from a ¼ of a tank of fuel so we declined and left upset and disappointed. After some research we are pretty sure the vehicle was a Vauxhall press car, this explains the high specification. A quick scan of the internet reveals VX68 YSF as being used by YouTubers #sidnorth corsa gsi for a hill climb event and a hand brake turn demonstration among other reviews. This probably explains why it feels so old for the mileage. Just want to make others aware of the appalling attitude demonstrated by the people we dealt with at Sutton-In-Ashfield but more importantly to approach this particular vehicle with caution. The 78-point check on this occasion was not enough to rectify a significant fault.

“Worst experience in buying anything EVER!”

written by totalfusion on 15/12/2021

Buying a new car isn't one of the cheapest things in life - it's next highest expense after buying a house and just ahead of a new kitchen in the expense list. After spending a long time choosing what car we wanted and then finding the right one to fit the bill we ended up at the Available Car showroom in Leeds and bought a car at the start of August. Over 4 months have passed since we bought our car and Available Car have failed on all fronts - every time a fault occurred and was returned for rectifying, we had new issues ALL CAUSED BY AVAILABLE CAR! We have has: Damaged engine tray - AC did not refit correctly Damaged bumper by screwing broken tray to it - done by AC workshop Damaged paintwork - from AC workshop Scratched window - incorrect refitting by AC Dent and pain damage - from AC workshop They have had the car for around 8 weeks of the time we have owned our car. They have agreed that this is all their doing, but hold firm in that as a family business they do not offer any compensation. Available Car agreed that they would swap the car - although are only offering the invoice value of the vehicle, which is a whole £4000 less than the equivalent car they are selling TODAY. What they want to do is to profit from their mistake and leave us out of pocket "trading in n" our car that we have never had a chance to drive because of their mistakes! I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. If we can't get agreement on this this week we will be seeking legal advice. The worst! 0 / 5 STARS!!

“Absolute shocking customer service ”

written by Jfdrtyjggf on 30/11/2021

When I was buying a car they couldn’t do enough I got all the talk how great the platinum warranty is so like a mug I had taken it . Had the car less than 3 months it had a problem spoke to customer service they couldn’t get me in for over a month and no curtsy car available so suggested use the warranty so I did but surprise surprise it wasn’t covered due to wear and tear I couldn’t drive the car as all coolant leaked out once topped due to cracked thermostat and injectors blocked up how it was wear and tear is beyond me . Had the car less than 3 months only done 300 miles in it . I have rang numerous time still waiting for a call back even emailed still nothing. So keep away and if you do get a car don’t get the extended warranty its just another way of getting money out of you . If they stopped putting all there money in advertising on tv and put it in to customer service maybe they wouldn’t be getting all these bad feed backs

“absolute time wasters ”

written by ianw55 on 12/11/2021

gave me a price on my toyota iq at leeds branch took my car over and they came back with a lower price which was £200 less having think i answered there e mail to accept this is day 2 took the car back to be told ibhadnt hsd the car long enough so they wont buy the vehicle stay clear of the clowns in this cicus absolute time wasting foolsthanks for wasting my time idiots

“Terrible service , no communication ”

written by Milliecam on 06/09/2021

About a month ago we went to the showroom at Morley Went to see a car which was online , but was told in was not in store but was at castle donnington branch, we were told we could put a reserve of £200 pounds to hold the car which we did , they stated they would be in touch!!! My husband phoned a few times no one knew when it would come to the Morley branch , promised that the Manager would phone back , No Calls from him!!! Last week my husband phoned again and was told the car was in and was told to bring log book etc and yesterday went in to see the car only to be told it wasn’t there!!! Apparently the car is a mobility car , still with the owner and leasing till December and it in London??? Such Bad communication, no seems to know what there doing !!!!

“The sack I'll people ”

written by Anayac472 on 02/07/2021

I worked for them they terminated my contract when I got I'll. Avoid!

“Castle Donnington horror show”

written by DanBod on 25/06/2021

Arranged to test drive a car at Castle Donnington 40 miles away. Arrived to be shown a filthy car inside and out to which the salesman apologised stating they had just got it in. Liked how it drove and discussed figures. All OK so far. I was then advised about the diamondbrite protection. I asked whether the car would be thoroughly prepared inside and out to rid any paint imperfections and interior stains before the sealant was applied as it would lock them in. A solid YES was replied. I asked if they could move the car to Sutton branch as it was closer and that's what they advertise and I was told NO. I placed my order and advised to return in 12 days to give them time to prep the car. 12 days later I arrived at 0945 to collect my new car. 1hr later still no car with the rep stating it was being finished off. I am then shown out to a car covered in white powder with marring and swirls all over the chrome and paintwork they had even sealed tree sap under the protective coat. Inside smelt of chemicals and was filthy. I refused to accept it stating I had paid £300 for the diamondbrite and it was unacceptable. They said I could wait and they would re do it, I explained to do it right would take 4 hours at least. An hour later shown out to a car that had basically had a hose pipe over it. The manager then went on that it's best practice to valet the car the day it is collected. I explained if they had valeted it and applied the protection days earlier it would have been a simple hose down on the day. He then changed tact andvsaid due to covid restrictions they can only havev2 people working on a car at a time. Again I pointed out they had 12 days to sort it. Eventually he conceded they were short staffed and it had been rushed on the morning of collection. I took the car and paid for my own valet. 4 hours later the car was wash stripped and re sealed. The interior shampooed and thoroughly cleaned with 15 yes 15 wax crayons recovered from the side of the seatscamongst other filth. The valeter even stated the roof hadn't had any diamondbrite on it with how it washed compared to the panels. I am now waiting on a refund of my £300 and really I should be refunded for my valet costs as a good will gesture. Emails sent after I was told to return the diamondbrite kit which I did the same day. No refund or answers yet. CEO also emailed still nothing. Had cars from the Sutton branch before and they were 5 star I'd avoid Castle Donnington. Update Now received email stating they are refunding the diamondbrite cost via a cheque in the post unfortunately no offer of the £85 to cover my valet. Re your reply you wanted me to return the car to Castle Donnington a 80 mile round trip this is after you had failed on 2 attempts to valet the car to any degree of professionalism. You refused to let me take it to my local store in Sutton. It took my valeter 4 hours with 2 of them doing the car to rectify your mistakes. The refund of the diamondbrite protection was due to it being installed poorly and it had to be polished out to get to the sealed in tree sap except on the roof where there was no diamondbrite applied. Broken promises and poor excuses which are then back tracked on are something I'd associate with the dodgy street corner car dealer not a nationwide company which prides itself on customer service. I would be interested to know if you feel its right that a customer has to pay for their own valet on a car bought from yourselves because your wash n go staff aren't upto the job.

“Pitiful Service”

written by tpHorton116 on 14/08/2020

I would strongly advise people not to use this dealership.  I was told numbers of previous car owners then told it was my own fault for not checking the log book. I suspect like most people I trusted the seller and didn't double check, on this or any other information given about the vehicle. A horrible organisation to deal with

“BMW Series 1 transfer case faulty £3500 Repair cost!”

written by Benny25 on 24/07/2020

Bought a BMW Series 1 2013 around 20 months ago. Some months ago a warning came up about the front drive system. After the regular service they found out that the transfer case is faulty! It looks like someone changed just the oil in the transfer case to get over that fault for a while. So now i can pay £3500 extra on a new transfer case! Well played Avaiable Car could done it better! This should be a warning for everyone. Be careful with this company!

“Dissapointed visit and valueation i would not go back.”

written by Stephenz77 on 26/05/2019

I looked at a low mileage car in ok condition but was dirty filthy but a sign in the window did say under preparation, i only aked for a valueation on my car thats all i wanted to see what budget i had, the salesman was pushy and insisted on a test drive, all i wanted to know is what my car was worth ???? when the valueation came back i was shocked a low paltry £500.00 for an 08 plate focus diesel, the salesman had the kuga outside without asking me for a test drive and usherd me in to it. On driving it felt vague on the steering the stop start didnt work the air conditioner took forever to come on i thought a swift exit here but the salesman just dropped me back at the sales office the manager went in to selling mode ??? going on and on about extended warranty ( they only give 3 months) then trying to sell dash cams and paint enhancer. I left and threw all the paperwork in the bin would i go back ....NO WAY WOULD I GO BACK TO AVAILABLECAR.COM CASTLE DONNINGTON SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO TO A MORE REPUTABLE DEALER WHO KNOWS ABOUT THE CAR THEY ARE SELLING. Most of the cars on availablecar come from auctions they have no idea about the history they could have come from driving schools hire companies etc etc. Look for the white paint in the corner of the windscreen it tells you where the auction car is from ie...... Bellevue is manchester auctions Bca is brith car auctions Man is manheim auctions etc etc All in all best to avoid this company they are like a wolf in sheeps clothing ....SO BEWARE.

Asked by Katieb83 on 28th June 2017 Report this content
My car has developed a few problems and I'm taking it back tomorrow for them to look over. They are providing a courtesy car. Do you have to pay anything for the courtesy car? Do they sort insurance on the courtesy car? Thank you for your help

Answers (1)
Report this content Clarke12 Written on: 28/06/2017
We never had a courtesy car from them but there are a lot of reviews on this issue on their Facebook page which might be worth having a read of, just search availablecar
Asked by MarkPunsheon on 20th May 2016 Report this content
Does the 3 month guarantee include returning a car if you are not happy with it? I recently (April 20th) purchased a Mark 6 VW Golf 1.4 TSI and it would seem the timing chain has an fault. This is going to cost me in the region of £1100 to have fixed at a garage/VW Specialist. I am not happy at all this has happened just over a month after buying this car from you. What can they do to help?

Answers (1)
Report this content Crabby1960 Written on: 24/05/2016
Hi Whatever you do, do not get the work done by a VW specialist (although inconvenient you must let available car do the work at the site you purchased it from) - they should also give you a courtesy car
Asked by ppip2 on 15th February 2016 Report this content
Would you be able to get a car on finance with poor credit rating at Available Car?

Asked by mags666 on 19th August 2014 Report this content
I'm interested in a particular car at AvailableCar. Can you barter/haggle/negotiate the advertised price?

Answers (4)
Report this content Mrturbo Written on: 20/08/2014
My experience I had 6 weeks ago was aweful at available car. They offered me rock bottom part exchange on my car, which I was offered more for on we buy any car. The windscreen price of the showroom car was also non negotiable. They wouldn't budge even £50 on a car of £7,000 which amazed me. Normally if you leave your number and walk away from the sale the salesman rings you back with the "I've spoke to the manager..." story but we heard nothing. I think Available car responded to my original post on here with the usual best price, best car etc but the car we looked at was nothing different to the other cars we looked around at. Needless to say we won't be buying there again. We will still use available car for perusing what sort of car we would like as they do stock most types of cars. It's like a nice big shop window!
Report this content Boohoo81 Written on: 20/08/2014
Hi there. No the price is the price. They don't do haggling. However if you do purchase a vehicle what doesnt have any manufacturer warranty on it. I would recommend getting extended warranty as they only provide you with 3 Months. We bought a car in February this year and already experiencing expensive problems with it! :(
Report this content clareace Written on: 20/08/2014
No don't even bother but watch what you are buying I've got a 61 Ford cmax and it's broke down 5 times I've only had it since September plus available car put a new battery it the car and it was the wrong one for the car which messed the system up and the injecters blow I've had 2 new injecters so far.
Report this content harrijames Written on: 21/08/2014
hi from my own experience the answer is a strong NO they would not move an inch on the price, of either the car they are selling or the offer for my part exchange, all I got was a take it or leave it, and the price offered for the part exchange was awful, to be honest it made for an easy decision for me I just walked away feeling quite insulted by their miserly offer, I went elsewhere and was offered £800 more for a very similar vehicle to the one they were selling. my advice is read the reviews BEFORE you take the plunge all these reviews on here cant be wrong !!!