AvailableCar Reviews - www.availablecar.com

• Customer service

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“Steer Clear - Awful customer care - greed above people”

Written on: 15/11/2022 by Gauged387 (1 review written)

We bought a car here. It broke down within a fortnight. They refused to collect it. We told them their guarantee is worthless - they AGREED it is not worth the paper it is written on. Gave us a load of flannel on the phone. Managed to limp a useless broken car to them. Couldn't even have the courtesy to speak with us. Absolutely disgusting disgraceful customer care. AVOID AVOID AVOID - money grabbing greedy beggars who only want to hit targets and don't care what they are selling. They lie on the phone. They say they will call back - they don't. In 50+ years I have never been so disrespected and treated so badly by any sales person. If you want a career with no education, no manners, no decency, no reliability, join this company of charlatans.

“Avoid avoid avoid”

Written on: 16/10/2022 by Jayloni287 (1 review written)

Awful after sales if you have a problem. Do not buy from them you have been warned.

“Never again”

Written on: 06/06/2022 by DaisyWatkins (1 review written)

Having paid over 11k for a 65 plate peugeot 2008 my sense that this company isn't big on customer service started on collection, waiting over 45 mins before being seen and rushed out. Things got a lot worse once a problem was identified with the gear box in the car. No help, no responsibility accepted and overall 'just how the car is' and there's nothing we can do. Not prepared to take it back. Attitude pretty poor. Definitely would not purchase from them again.

“Approach with caution”

Written on: 23/05/2022 by SydneeShepherd262 (1 review written)

Following a visual inspection only (car still in the prep centre) we purchased a 16,000 mile 2018 Vauxhall Corsa GSi VX68 YSF with a generous options list. As the vehicle was such low mileage, being subject to a 78-point mechanical check and prepared to main dealer standards before collection we were confident so agreed to pay for the car in full before collection. The collection day test drive however revealed a car that had a misaligned steering wheel and pulled badly to the left. The car also felt mechanically much older than the 16,000 miles would suggest. Returning to the dealer was not a pleasant experience, we were spoken to in an unprofessional manner and when pushed the only explanation given was that the vehicle must have suffered some damage whilst being manoeuvred around the parking lot, the wheels were however unmarked. We were assured that a comprehensive inspection and road test had been completed prior to collection and that an MOT was completed so the car was all good. They agreed to try and fix this issue over the next week (we had absolutely zero confidence in them by this point) and we could make another 70+ mile round trip. No apology given or good will gesture offered apart from a ¼ of a tank of fuel so we declined and left upset and disappointed. After some research we are pretty sure the vehicle was a Vauxhall press car, this explains the high specification. A quick scan of the internet reveals VX68 YSF as being used by YouTubers #sidnorth corsa gsi for a hill climb event and a hand brake turn demonstration among other reviews. This probably explains why it feels so old for the mileage. Just want to make others aware of the appalling attitude demonstrated by the people we dealt with at Sutton-In-Ashfield but more importantly to approach this particular vehicle with caution. The 78-point check on this occasion was not enough to rectify a significant fault.

“Worst experience in buying anything EVER!”

Written on: 15/12/2021 by totalfusion (1 review written)

Buying a new car isn't one of the cheapest things in life - it's next highest expense after buying a house and just ahead of a new kitchen in the expense list. After spending a long time choosing what car we wanted and then finding the right one to fit the bill we ended up at the Available Car showroom in Leeds and bought a car at the start of August. Over 4 months have passed since we bought our car and Available Car have failed on all fronts - every time a fault occurred and was returned for rectifying, we had new issues ALL CAUSED BY AVAILABLE CAR! We have has: Damaged engine tray - AC did not refit correctly Damaged bumper by screwing broken tray to it - done by AC workshop Damaged paintwork - from AC workshop Scratched window - incorrect refitting by AC Dent and pain damage - from AC workshop They have had the car for around 8 weeks of the time we have owned our car. They have agreed that this is all their doing, but hold firm in that as a family business they do not offer any compensation. Available Car agreed that they would swap the car - although are only offering the invoice value of the vehicle, which is a whole £4000 less than the equivalent car they are selling TODAY. What they want to do is to profit from their mistake and leave us out of pocket "trading in n" our car that we have never had a chance to drive because of their mistakes! I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. If we can't get agreement on this this week we will be seeking legal advice. The worst! 0 / 5 STARS!!

“Absolute shocking customer service ”

Written on: 30/11/2021 by Jfdrtyjggf (1 review written)

When I was buying a car they couldn’t do enough I got all the talk how great the platinum warranty is so like a mug I had taken it . Had the car less than 3 months it had a problem spoke to customer service they couldn’t get me in for over a month and no curtsy car available so suggested use the warranty so I did but surprise surprise it wasn’t covered due to wear and tear I couldn’t drive the car as all coolant leaked out once topped due to cracked thermostat and injectors blocked up how it was wear and tear is beyond me . Had the car less than 3 months only done 300 miles in it . I have rang numerous time still waiting for a call back even emailed still nothing. So keep away and if you do get a car don’t get the extended warranty its just another way of getting money out of you . If they stopped putting all there money in advertising on tv and put it in to customer service maybe they wouldn’t be getting all these bad feed backs

“absolute time wasters ”

Written on: 12/11/2021 by ianw55 (1 review written)

gave me a price on my toyota iq at leeds branch took my car over and they came back with a lower price which was £200 less having think i answered there e mail to accept this is day 2 took the car back to be told ibhadnt hsd the car long enough so they wont buy the vehicle stay clear of the clowns in this cicus absolute time wasting foolsthanks for wasting my time idiots

“Terrible service , no communication ”

Written on: 06/09/2021 by Milliecam (1 review written)

About a month ago we went to the showroom at Morley Went to see a car which was online , but was told in was not in store but was at castle donnington branch, we were told we could put a reserve of £200 pounds to hold the car which we did , they stated they would be in touch!!! My husband phoned a few times no one knew when it would come to the Morley branch , promised that the Manager would phone back , No Calls from him!!! Last week my husband phoned again and was told the car was in and was told to bring log book etc and yesterday went in to see the car only to be told it wasn’t there!!! Apparently the car is a mobility car , still with the owner and leasing till December and it in London??? Such Bad communication, no seems to know what there doing !!!!

“The sack I'll people ”

Written on: 02/07/2021 by Anayac472 (1 review written)

I worked for them they terminated my contract when I got I'll. Avoid!

“Castle Donnington horror show”

Written on: 25/06/2021 by DanBod (1 review written)

Arranged to test drive a car at Castle Donnington 40 miles away. Arrived to be shown a filthy car inside and out to which the salesman apologised stating they had just got it in. Liked how it drove and discussed figures. All OK so far. I was then advised about the diamondbrite protection. I asked whether the car would be thoroughly prepared inside and out to rid any paint imperfections and interior stains before the sealant was applied as it would lock them in. A solid YES was replied. I asked if they could move the car to Sutton branch as it was closer and that's what they advertise and I was told NO. I placed my order and advised to return in 12 days to give them time to prep the car. 12 days later I arrived at 0945 to collect my new car. 1hr later still no car with the rep stating it was being finished off. I am then shown out to a car covered in white powder with marring and swirls all over the chrome and paintwork they had even sealed tree sap under the protective coat. Inside smelt of chemicals and was filthy. I refused to accept it stating I had paid £300 for the diamondbrite and it was unacceptable. They said I could wait and they would re do it, I explained to do it right would take 4 hours at least. An hour later shown out to a car that had basically had a hose pipe over it. The manager then went on that it's best practice to valet the car the day it is collected. I explained if they had valeted it and applied the protection days earlier it would have been a simple hose down on the day. He then changed tact andvsaid due to covid restrictions they can only havev2 people working on a car at a time. Again I pointed out they had 12 days to sort it. Eventually he conceded they were short staffed and it had been rushed on the morning of collection. I took the car and paid for my own valet. 4 hours later the car was wash stripped and re sealed. The interior shampooed and thoroughly cleaned with 15 yes 15 wax crayons recovered from the side of the seatscamongst other filth. The valeter even stated the roof hadn't had any diamondbrite on it with how it washed compared to the panels. I am now waiting on a refund of my £300 and really I should be refunded for my valet costs as a good will gesture. Emails sent after I was told to return the diamondbrite kit which I did the same day. No refund or answers yet. CEO also emailed still nothing. Had cars from the Sutton branch before and they were 5 star I'd avoid Castle Donnington. Update Now received email stating they are refunding the diamondbrite cost via a cheque in the post unfortunately no offer of the £85 to cover my valet. Re your reply you wanted me to return the car to Castle Donnington a 80 mile round trip this is after you had failed on 2 attempts to valet the car to any degree of professionalism. You refused to let me take it to my local store in Sutton. It took my valeter 4 hours with 2 of them doing the car to rectify your mistakes. The refund of the diamondbrite protection was due to it being installed poorly and it had to be polished out to get to the sealed in tree sap except on the roof where there was no diamondbrite applied. Broken promises and poor excuses which are then back tracked on are something I'd associate with the dodgy street corner car dealer not a nationwide company which prides itself on customer service. I would be interested to know if you feel its right that a customer has to pay for their own valet on a car bought from yourselves because your wash n go staff aren't upto the job.

“Pitiful Service”

Written on: 14/08/2020 by tpHorton116 (1 review written)

I would strongly advise people not to use this dealership.  I was told numbers of previous car owners then told it was my own fault for not checking the log book. I suspect like most people I trusted the seller and didn't double check, on this or any other information given about the vehicle. A horrible organisation to deal with

“BMW Series 1 transfer case faulty £3500 Repair cost!”

Written on: 24/07/2020 by Benny25 (1 review written)

Bought a BMW Series 1 2013 around 20 months ago. Some months ago a warning came up about the front drive system. After the regular service they found out that the transfer case is faulty! It looks like someone changed just the oil in the transfer case to get over that fault for a while. So now i can pay £3500 extra on a new transfer case! Well played Avaiable Car could done it better! This should be a warning for everyone. Be careful with this company!

“Dissapointed visit and valueation i would not go back.”

Written on: 26/05/2019 by Stephenz77 (1 review written)

I looked at a low mileage car in ok condition but was dirty filthy but a sign in the window did say under preparation, i only aked for a valueation on my car thats all i wanted to see what budget i had, the salesman was pushy and insisted on a test drive, all i wanted to know is what my car was worth ???? when the valueation came back i was shocked a low paltry £500.00 for an 08 plate focus diesel, the salesman had the kuga outside without asking me for a test drive and usherd me in to it. On driving it felt vague on the steering the stop start didnt work the air conditioner took forever to come on i thought a swift exit here but the salesman just dropped me back at the sales office the manager went in to selling mode ??? going on and on about extended warranty ( they only give 3 months) then trying to sell dash cams and paint enhancer. I left and threw all the paperwork in the bin would i go back ....NO WAY WOULD I GO BACK TO AVAILABLECAR.COM CASTLE DONNINGTON SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO TO A MORE REPUTABLE DEALER WHO KNOWS ABOUT THE CAR THEY ARE SELLING. Most of the cars on availablecar come from auctions they have no idea about the history they could have come from driving schools hire companies etc etc. Look for the white paint in the corner of the windscreen it tells you where the auction car is from ie...... Bellevue is manchester auctions Bca is brith car auctions Man is manheim auctions etc etc All in all best to avoid this company they are like a wolf in sheeps clothing ....SO BEWARE.

“DONT TRUST THEM TO CARE even within warranty”

Written on: 17/04/2019 by Kirstenf20 (1 review written)

Bought Astra 21st Jan 2019. Just used airconditioning properly today 17th Apr for first time. Doesn't work at all. Just blows ambient air. It so happened I was passing Available car Donnington. Took it in. Had to wait well over 20mins for after sales person. Then had 10mins of patronising fobbing off. What really angered me was the incredibly co-ndescending manner which I was spoken to by aftersales First because I have done more than 3000 miles they are not interested. I explained I hadn't used airconditioni g since I bought it less than 3 months ago. Aircondit has not had 3000miles worth of use. He the said I should have turned it on 3 or 4 times a month to lubricate seals. (Handbook says turn on 1x month) the aircondit hasn't failed because I haven't turned it on 2x since buying! I have turned it on to demist windows a few times but as these were on very cold mornings I couldnt tell if it was working properly. Though I did think it took longer to clear window than my last car (hindsight!). Was told it had measured 7.6deg on 4th Dec. I asked if someone had switched aircondit on 3 or 4 times a month before I bought it 7 weeks later, He said it would have been tested before I collected it. I asked what did it measure on final inspection? He said the results are keep in workshop. (Why is results from 4 Dec on computer but Jan inspection Not?) Also if tested in a cold garage in Dec. How do they know it's working? Inspections are not thorough as my rear windscreen wiper blades was so worn the rubber wiper was hanging off. I mentioned this to after sales guy who replied in an incredibly patronising tone. "Well did you report it to us". it's a 30mile round trip to Donnington through the whole city of Derby. So it wasnt worth the effort, I didnt report it. The point is, their inspections are not thorough enough to TRUST what they tell you. Then he said they would take a look but they would not be regassing or repairing. The 1st date was 2 weeks. They would need to have the car all day and then said I would have to bring it in for 8:30am he was very specific and adamant I had to be there at that time. I said if you got it all day why do I need to be so punctual. He said we have a lot of bookings so I have to make my time slot. I asked why give me a specific time slot and then tell me you need the car a day? (THEY ARENT GOING TO TO DO ANY REPAIRS, JUST LOOK). to get to the other side of Derby I will need myself AND someone else,to take me home,to leave by 7:45am at latest. And wont be back until 9:30. Then do the same later (no doubt in evening rush hour knowing they are not going to attempt to repair. I have to take a day of work! And find someone to take me home. I believe the consumer rights cover fair usage regardless of the 3month 3000mile warranty. Aircondit that has failed with next to no use will be covered. Will have to wait and see how much more of my time AVAILABLE CAR ARE GOING TO WASTE.

Mrunhappyangrycustomer's Comment

Written on: 02/05/2019

Well what a difference! Took car in as requested above. This time was seen quite quickly by a younger much more pleasant guy who apologised when I explained the way I had perceived to have been treated before. It seemed a genuine apology. He explained they would look at my aircon but couldn't make any promises. I had managed to arrange my work to get a job close and did early so avoiding having to take a day off but I explained I had to wait as I hadn't been able to organise a lift home ( 30mile round trip) he said he would ask the workshop to see if they could give my car priority. Within 1.5hrs he returned and said they had found the problem AND THEY WOULD FIX! He arranged for a day for me to bring in and I will get a courtesy car while they repair. If only this guy had met me 2 weeks ago instead of the arrogant patronising smug after sales git. I would have been giving at least 4 stars if not 5. Let's see what happens in 2 weeks when they take my car in? MRNOTSOUNHAPPY.

Read 1 Comment

“We purchased a Nissan Juke towards the end of 2017. It...”

Written on: 13/04/2019 by JasonR1971 (2 reviews written)

We purchased a Nissan Juke towards the end of 2017. It became apparent shortly after purchase that there was a problem with the stereo in so much as it would freeze and the appear to reboot. This was not so much of an issue when just listening to music or the radio but it was a pain when using the sat nav as it lost the route. It was returned to available car who advised that they had upgraded the firmware but the problem persisted. In the end we took a video of the issue to show Available Car who then agreed to take it back in. They had it for a few day advising us that the stereo was being replaced with a new one and that it was at Nissan having this done. They could not say how long it would be away as "Nissan tend not to rush jobs for other dealers". When we got it back it was hard to tell if it was a new stereo or not but we had no reason to doubt Available Car. Over the next several months the problem did occur every so often, maybe once a month or so but recently it is worse than it ever was. I contacted Available Car as I wanted to claim from Nissan under the Customer Rights Act as the new stereo had just gone over a year old. I could not go to Nissan direct as I did not purchase the stereo from them, it was done by Available Car so they would have the invoice details. I contacted Available Car about this but just got a stock response advising the new stereo was over 12 months old so they could not do anything. I got in touch advising that I was not asking them to do anything but I needed the details of the stereo purchase to take this up with Nissan. I was put through to the After Sales manager who advised that he had already told me there was nothing he could do. I advised him that I was not asking them to do anything other than provide me the details of the purchase from Nissan for the stereo they made or contact Nissan on my behalf and claim the Consumers Right Act on the stereo. The Service Manager advised that under the Consumer Rights Act I had 30 days from the time of purchase to report any faults. I advised him that this was incorrect and gave him an overview of it. He said that he had taken my comments on board and that he still could not do anything. I asked to speak to the Site Manager to be told that he was not in, so I asked for him to call me when he was next in. I received a call later that day from the Showroom Manager who advised that the Branch Manager was not in, so I explained the issue to him. He advised that there was nothing further they could do. I spoke about the Customer Rights Act and was then told by him that in fact the stereo fitted was not a new stereo but a second hand one and it had only gone to Nissan for coding. I explained that we were told it had a brand new stereo fitted and he advised "I doubt we would have told you that". I asked for the head office and CEO contact details which he refused to give advising that the Site Manager would have the ultimate say in what happened at this branch and that anyone higher up would not get involved. He advised me to put it in am email to the Site Manager, which I had done previously with no reply, but he would only tell me the same thing. I asked what the point was in me emailing him then and asked once again for the head office and CEO contact details, again only to be told that he would not give that out. I asked if the CEO was that important that he would not respond to a customer who had an issue with something that they purchased from their company and got the response "this maybe how other companies work but ours does not, the Site Manager is the highest person who can be spoken to". So it does appear that the CEO is so grandiose that they will not take on concerns of their customers. We are now left with an issue that was reported within the 3 month warranty, that is worse than ever!

“Warranty cover is a waste of time ”

Written on: 26/03/2019 by 5826 (1 review written)

I have had my car less than 2 years and I recently had a major electrical brake down. Not only was the breakdown cover provided by the RAC through AC terrible but the cover was also. big bold letters on the warranty leaflet stating 'ALL MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL ITEMS COVERED'. Small writing, 'apart from the list below' and then even smaller writing is the list which is vague at best in my opinion. Funnily enough the electrical part that cost over a grand wasn't covered but the electrical part that cost under 300 quid was. You are pressured on the day to take out the cover as when you have brought the car. You either have the warranty on purchase or you leave without it. damned if you do damned if you don't was my thought. Skeptical, I went for it. You get the old speech of worry free motoring you don't want to be facing a big bill scenario. The fact is you still can be looking at a big bill and even when they do cover you for repairs it takes ages to get the money. I went to a main dealer to have my repairs done and they said that they were happy to let the warranty people settle the bill. On arrival to pick up the car they hadn't paid so I had to, I was looking at around 1300 pounds. So, so much for worry free motoring. its been over 21 day since i settled the bill and I still have not had my money of what part they agreed to pay. and when I do the cheque still has to clear. So unless you have money on the hip you are gonna be very stuck and if you can get your hands on the money then it seems pointless taking out the warranty. After reading the small print even more it seems to me that they wont cover parts that need changing due to another faulty part if there is nothing wrong with them I.E. your head gasket goes any half decent motorist knows that it is always stretch bolts cam belts and pulleys that always get changed in that scenario reading as I do they will only pay for the gasket so you would be left with a massive bill especially if you had to have your head skimmed and they would be looking at about 30 quid. I don't know how they can get away with using the word 'ALL' So in all don't waste your money. I have taken out another cover now that no matter what I get 500 pound towards the bill which would have been something in this case. - Are you covered? Yes to a point - Do they keep you up to date with your claims or even contact you when you call out the breakdown? Not once did they check on me to make sure things were going OK. - Will you have to chase up everything with multipal phone calls? Yes you will - Will you have to find the money first? Most likely - Will you have to chase that money? Yes - Could you still be looking at a massive bill of expenses? Defiantly Yes - Worry free motoring? Defiantly not - Recommend to friends and family? Defiantly not. And I had the Platinum Cover! More like Lead.

“Terrible after sales”

Written on: 07/03/2019 by Tripp389 (1 review written)

Awful after sales service. Used previously several times. Great if all goes well but expect nothing from the so called warrenty and after sales team. It seemed they were only interested in the sale. Very poor. Be very careful with this company.

“Wasted journey terrible attitude & treatment, Leeds”

Written on: 26/02/2019 by Sally59xyz (1 review written)

Having received 2 emails confirming my appointment in Leeds to test drive a particular car the following day and then a phonecall just before I set off confirming I was still coming I drove to,Leeds in thick fog 33 miles from my home. I arrived and found the salesman who had rung me, he said he had to complete all the details of my car to do a valuation despite my saying I did not want to part exchange. Eventually he went away to get he keys of the car I was due to test drive, he came back after 5 minutes telling me that the car had been sold 20 minutes ago. I was furious and as he offered me no suggestion or alternative I suggested I test drive a similar car. He looked on their data base and we found another car, yet again he came back and told that this car had also been sold, I questioned how this could possibly be true??? I asked if icould at least view one of these cars. I said I'd seen one, he sounded surprised so I took him to it and sat I it etc. He was totally disinterested in helping me and suggested I just have a look round at all the cars on my own which I found very dismissive. I did so, collected my keys from him he offered me no apology for my completely wasted journey - 66 miles round trip!! I went to lookers Ford in Harrogate after this and test drove a Fiesta. The treatment was completely different and the salesman was polite and listened to me and gave me excellent advice. I shall never consider Available Car again and hope people read this review before wasting their precious time. !!!!

“lovely cars, rubbish after sales”

Written on: 07/12/2018 by Kirk213 (1 review written)

Bought a car from the Leeds branch. We live in Sunderland. Excellent sales service, very attentive. However on purchase we were invited to purchase a warranty which we declined due to the distance between the showroom and our home. We were advised by that we would be able to take the car to any VAT registered garage if there was a problem. So we bought the warranty and headed home with our new car. 40 miles up the motorway at 7pm in torrential weather the engine light came on. We rang available cars the next day numerous times and were told the warranty company would cover the fault. We rang the warranty company numerous times as the warranty had not been activated by Available cars. When the warranty was eventually activated we were advised to obtain reports regarding the engine problem which we did from two garages. As the first garage stated it was a specialist fault we then booked the car into a Halfords garage as they have an account with the warranty company, However when Halfords contacted the warranty company it appears that the fault would not be covered by them and Halfords estimate the repair could cost up to £1000. So… we are now in the process of attempting to speak to the after sales team at the Leeds branch who are ‘not available’ when I explained that I was on my dinner hour and asked to speak to the manager the receptionist described me as ‘threatening’. Oh and the gentleman who sold me the warranty forgot to tell me that for the first 3 months or 3,000 miles the car would have to be returned to the showroom in Leeds for any problems. To sum up we had a problem less than an hour from purchasing the car, we have had the car into two garages in the 10 days since purchase, we have spent hours on the phone, we have been miss sold a warranty and we were not offered the correct information regarding repair of the car within the first three months of purchase.

“Tyre pressure system failure 10 mins after picking up ”

Written on: 25/06/2018 by NeilWindsor (1 review written)

Picked up a £17000 jeep Cherokee Saturday morning and within 10 minutes of driving away the tyre pressure system failed! I arrived home and contacted Available Car and was told someone would call me back “nobody did” ! I again called on 1st thing on Monday morning to be told the 1st available appointment to get the car looked at would be a week and a half away????? (10 days) I asked if I could take the car to another garage and was told I couldn’t as I would not be reimbursed and I just had to wait? The vehicle is parked up and hasn’t moved since I drove out of the showroom, luckily I have another car that I can use for work but if I hadn’t I’d be stuck but Available Car don’t seem to care about the personal impact of selling cars that clearly have existing faults! My advice, If possible avoid at all costs nobody cares once you’ve signed on the dotted line.

Available Car's Response to NeilWindsor's Review

Written on: 11/07/2018

Hi Mr Windsor

On behalf of the management and staff at Available Car Leeds we would like to offer you an unreserved apology. The service you received initially was well below our own exacting standards and not what we would expect one of our valued customers to experience. We concede that the whole process did take longer than expected and for that we are extremely sorry. Our Branch Manager has been in direct contact with you to deal with your complaint personally and to ensure the vehicle was returned to you once the repair was complete.
Thank you for your feedback and if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
On behalf of all the team at Available Car we would like to wish you many happy miles of motoring.

Kind regards

The Available Car Team

Read 1 Comment

Asked by Katieb83 on 28th June 2017 Report this content
My car has developed a few problems and I'm taking it back tomorrow for them to look over. They are providing a courtesy car. Do you have to pay anything for the courtesy car? Do they sort insurance on the courtesy car? Thank you for your help

Answers (1)
Report this content Clarke12 Written on: 28/06/2017
We never had a courtesy car from them but there are a lot of reviews on this issue on their Facebook page which might be worth having a read of, just search availablecar
Asked by MarkPunsheon on 20th May 2016 Report this content
Does the 3 month guarantee include returning a car if you are not happy with it? I recently (April 20th) purchased a Mark 6 VW Golf 1.4 TSI and it would seem the timing chain has an fault. This is going to cost me in the region of £1100 to have fixed at a garage/VW Specialist. I am not happy at all this has happened just over a month after buying this car from you. What can they do to help?

Answers (1)
Report this content Crabby1960 Written on: 24/05/2016
Hi Whatever you do, do not get the work done by a VW specialist (although inconvenient you must let available car do the work at the site you purchased it from) - they should also give you a courtesy car
Asked by ppip2 on 15th February 2016 Report this content
Would you be able to get a car on finance with poor credit rating at Available Car?

Asked by mags666 on 19th August 2014 Report this content
I'm interested in a particular car at AvailableCar. Can you barter/haggle/negotiate the advertised price?

Answers (4)
Report this content Mrturbo Written on: 20/08/2014
My experience I had 6 weeks ago was aweful at available car. They offered me rock bottom part exchange on my car, which I was offered more for on we buy any car. The windscreen price of the showroom car was also non negotiable. They wouldn't budge even £50 on a car of £7,000 which amazed me. Normally if you leave your number and walk away from the sale the salesman rings you back with the "I've spoke to the manager..." story but we heard nothing. I think Available car responded to my original post on here with the usual best price, best car etc but the car we looked at was nothing different to the other cars we looked around at. Needless to say we won't be buying there again. We will still use available car for perusing what sort of car we would like as they do stock most types of cars. It's like a nice big shop window!
Report this content Boohoo81 Written on: 20/08/2014
Hi there. No the price is the price. They don't do haggling. However if you do purchase a vehicle what doesnt have any manufacturer warranty on it. I would recommend getting extended warranty as they only provide you with 3 Months. We bought a car in February this year and already experiencing expensive problems with it! :(
Report this content clareace Written on: 20/08/2014
No don't even bother but watch what you are buying I've got a 61 Ford cmax and it's broke down 5 times I've only had it since September plus available car put a new battery it the car and it was the wrong one for the car which messed the system up and the injecters blow I've had 2 new injecters so far.
Report this content harrijames Written on: 21/08/2014
hi from my own experience the answer is a strong NO they would not move an inch on the price, of either the car they are selling or the offer for my part exchange, all I got was a take it or leave it, and the price offered for the part exchange was awful, to be honest it made for an easy decision for me I just walked away feeling quite insulted by their miserly offer, I went elsewhere and was offered £800 more for a very similar vehicle to the one they were selling. my advice is read the reviews BEFORE you take the plunge all these reviews on here cant be wrong !!!