AvailableCar Reviews - www.availablecar.com

• Customer service

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“Terrible service , no communication ”

Written on: 06/09/2021 by Milliecam (1 review written)

About a month ago we went to the showroom at Morley Went to see a car which was online , but was told in was not in store but was at castle donnington branch, we were told we could put a reserve of £200 pounds to hold the car which we did , they stated they would be in touch!!! My husband phoned a few times no one knew when it would come to the Morley branch , promised that the Manager would phone back , No Calls from him!!! Last week my husband phoned again and was told the car was in and… Read Full Review

“The sack I'll people ”

Written on: 02/07/2021 by Anayac472 (1 review written)

I worked for them they terminated my contract when I got I'll. Avoid!… Read Full Review

“Castle Donnington horror show”

Written on: 25/06/2021 by DanBod (1 review written)

Arranged to test drive a car at Castle Donnington 40 miles away. Arrived to be shown a filthy car inside and out to which the salesman apologised stating they had just got it in. Liked how it drove and discussed figures. All OK so far. I was then advised about the diamondbrite protection. I asked whether the car would be thoroughly prepared inside and out to rid any paint imperfections and interior stains before the sealant was applied as it would lock them in. A solid YES was replied. I asked… Read Full Review

“Pitiful Service”

Written on: 14/08/2020 by tpHorton116 (1 review written)

I would strongly advise people not to use this dealership.  I was told numbers of previous car owners then told it was my own fault for not checking the log book. I suspect like most people I trusted the seller and didn't double check, on this or any other information given about the vehicle. A horrible organisation to deal with… Read Full Review

“BMW Series 1 transfer case faulty £3500 Repair cost!”

Written on: 24/07/2020 by Benny25 (1 review written)

Bought a BMW Series 1 2013 around 20 months ago. Some months ago a warning came up about the front drive system. After the regular service they found out that the transfer case is faulty! It looks like someone changed just the oil in the transfer case to get over that fault for a while. So now i can pay £3500 extra on a new transfer case! Well played Avaiable Car could done it better! This should be a warning for everyone. Be careful with this company!… Read Full Review

“Dissapointed visit and valueation i would not go back.”

Written on: 26/05/2019 by Stephenz77 (1 review written)

I looked at a low mileage car in ok condition but was dirty filthy but a sign in the window did say under preparation, i only aked for a valueation on my car thats all i wanted to see what budget i had, the salesman was pushy and insisted on a test drive, all i wanted to know is what my car was worth ???? when the valueation came back i was shocked a low paltry £500.00 for an 08 plate focus diesel, the salesman had the kuga outside without asking me for a test drive and usherd me in to it. On… Read Full Review

“DONT TRUST THEM TO CARE even within warranty”

Written on: 17/04/2019 by Kirstenf20 (1 review written)

Bought Astra 21st Jan 2019. Just used airconditioning properly today 17th Apr for first time. Doesn't work at all. Just blows ambient air. It so happened I was passing Available car Donnington. Took it in. Had to wait well over 20mins for after sales person. Then had 10mins of patronising fobbing off. What really angered me was the incredibly co-ndescending manner which I was spoken to by aftersales First because I have done more than 3000 miles they are not interested. I explained I hadn't… Read Full Review

Mrunhappyangrycustomer's Comment

Written on: 02/05/2019

Well what a difference! Took car in as requested above. This time was seen quite quickly by a younger much more pleasant guy who apologised when I explained the way I had perceived to have been treated before. It seemed a genuine apology. He explained they would look at my aircon but couldn't make any promises. I had managed to arrange my work to get a job close and did early so avoiding having to take a day off but I explained I had to wait as I hadn't been able to organise a lift home ( 30mile round trip) he said he would ask the workshop to see if they could give my car priority. Within 1.5hrs he returned and said they had found the problem AND THEY WOULD FIX! He arranged for a day for me to bring in and I will get a courtesy car while they repair. If only this guy had met me 2 weeks ago instead of the arrogant patronising smug after sales git. I would have been giving at least 4 stars if not 5. Let's see what happens in 2 weeks when they take my car in? MRNOTSOUNHAPPY.

Read 1 Comment

“We purchased a Nissan Juke towards the end of 2017. It...”

Written on: 13/04/2019 by JasonR1971 (2 reviews written)

We purchased a Nissan Juke towards the end of 2017. It became apparent shortly after purchase that there was a problem with the stereo in so much as it would freeze and the appear to reboot. This was not so much of an issue when just listening to music or the radio but it was a pain when using the sat nav as it lost the route. It was returned to available car who advised that they had upgraded the firmware but the problem persisted. In the end we took a video of the issue to show Available Car… Read Full Review

“Warranty cover is a waste of time ”

Written on: 26/03/2019 by 5826 (1 review written)

I have had my car less than 2 years and I recently had a major electrical brake down. Not only was the breakdown cover provided by the RAC through AC terrible but the cover was also. big bold letters on the warranty leaflet stating 'ALL MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL ITEMS COVERED'. Small writing, 'apart from the list below' and then even smaller writing is the list which is vague at best in my opinion. Funnily enough the electrical part that cost over a grand wasn't covered but the electrical part… Read Full Review

“Terrible after sales”

Written on: 07/03/2019 by Tripp389 (1 review written)

Awful after sales service. Used previously several times. Great if all goes well but expect nothing from the so called warrenty and after sales team. It seemed they were only interested in the sale. Very poor. Be very careful with this company… Read Full Review

“Wasted journey terrible attitude & treatment, Leeds”

Written on: 26/02/2019 by Sally59xyz (1 review written)

Having received 2 emails confirming my appointment in Leeds to test drive a particular car the following day and then a phonecall just before I set off confirming I was still coming I drove to,Leeds in thick fog 33 miles from my home. I arrived and found the salesman who had rung me, he said he had to complete all the details of my car to do a valuation despite my saying I did not want to part exchange. Eventually he went away to get he keys of the car I was due to test drive, he came back… Read Full Review

“lovely cars, rubbish after sales”

Written on: 07/12/2018 by Kirk213 (1 review written)

Bought a car from the Leeds branch. We live in Sunderland. Excellent sales service, very attentive. However on purchase we were invited to purchase a warranty which we declined due to the distance between the showroom and our home. We were advised by that we would be able to take the car to any VAT registered garage if there was a problem. So we bought the warranty and headed home with our new car. 40 miles up the motorway at 7pm in torrential weather the engine light came on. We rang available… Read Full Review

“Tyre pressure system failure 10 mins after picking up ”

Written on: 25/06/2018 by NeilWindsor (1 review written)

Picked up a £17000 jeep Cherokee Saturday morning and within 10 minutes of driving away the tyre pressure system failed! I arrived home and contacted Available Car and was told someone would call me back “nobody did” ! I again called on 1st thing on Monday morning to be told the 1st available appointment to get the car looked at would be a week and a half away????? (10 days) I asked if I could take the car to another garage and was told I couldn’t as I would not be reimbursed and I… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to NeilWindsor's Review

Written on: 11/07/2018

Hi Mr Windsor

On behalf of the management and staff at Available Car Leeds we would like to offer you an unreserved apology. The service you received initially was well below our own exacting standards and not what we would expect one of our valued customers to experience. We concede that the whole process did take longer than expected and for that we are extremely sorry. Our Branch Manager has been in direct contact with you to deal with your complaint personally and to ensure the vehicle was returned to you once the repair was complete.
Thank you for your feedback and if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
On behalf of all the team at Available Car we would like to wish you many happy miles of motoring.

Kind regards

Read 1 Comment

“Didn't accept credit card”

Written on: 12/06/2018 by 1965McCabe (1 review written)

So I find the perfect car, all the spec and all the promise of how shiny it'll be when I pick it up. Available car advertise price promise and best value for part ex but offered around 40% lest for the part ex than 3 other websites and to cap it off apparently cars are fixed price according to the market - how? Then the icing... can't pay any more than a £200 deposit by credit card because THEY in Ure a charge. Maybe true but refusing payment type is also against the consumer credit Act. Well… Read Full Review

“Pointless non transferable warranty waste of £700!”

Written on: 24/03/2018 by Grahamohara (1 review written)

After buying a few cars from here over the years I dropped my guard and thought the extra warranty was a good idea, £700 down and 6 months on we have decided the car is too powerful and are trading it in at a local dealer for a smaller more practical car, I though no problem that expensive warranty from available car will be transferable- how wrong was I! Even the RAC cover is not transferable! I feel like I should have just burnt £700 i will never buy from them again. This bad review would… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Grahamohara's Review

Written on: 29/03/2018

Hi,

We are sorry you were not satisfied with the warranty not being transferrable when you changed your vehicle. All of our customers are given the Full Terms and Conditions of our Warranty, along with a 14 day cooling off period. Our Showroom Manager has personally contacted you and hopefully after the telephone conversation you are now satisfied.

It’s great to see you have purchased cars from Available Car Ltd before and we hope you will use us again in the future.

Regards

Rachellewis's Response to Grahamohara's Review

Written on: 06/06/2018

I too purchased warranty. 10 months in the car is a write off. I was not informed I would not get a refund in these circumstances and the gap does not cover it. They state I am cancelling the policy but I am not they will not even offer a discount on anything. Sad thing is I recommended them to lots of friends who also bought cars and warranties.

Read 2 Comments

“Very unprofessional service and unsatisfactory car”

Written on: 27/02/2018 by Ella.m.x (1 review written)

I am writing to you to raise an issue about Dealership at Available Car Supermarket on February 24th, 2018. I purchased my car in July 2017 I have a Peugeot 308. Before we had even signed for the car there were issues. We were told someone (a member of staff) would take us to the post office to tax the car, this took over one hour as the person who took us out claimed he “couldn’t remember where the post office was” to then get back and be told the car wasn’t ready but the had put the… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Ella.m.x's Review

Written on: 27/03/2018

On behalf of the staff and management at Available Car we are sorry and disappointed to hear about your experience. Firstly the staff member who took you to the post office had not been with us long and regrettably lost his way. The car was delayed by handover as we were not happy with the standard of a paint repair and the valet.

Within a month after delivery you reported a clicking noise whilst driving, the car was booked in swiftly and no part had failed or required replacement. The local Peugeot Main Dealer recommended a sound deadening kit which resolved the issue. This repair was done under your Available Car 3 month/3000 mile guarantee which is supplied with all our cars. Your statuary rights were explained and our responsibilities in the first 6 months were explained which is not related to any warranty or guarantee. We were never given an opportunity to repair your switch, which would have been done free of charge and with the provision of a free courtesy car.

When you contacted us 7 months after delivery to report an issue with one of your locking wheel nuts we offered an appointment at the next mutually convenient date, two days later, which you agreed to, but did not attend. The vehicle still had a valid MOT for the day after this appointment. If we had been given this opportunity we would have removed the nuts and supplied a new set free of charge. In the circumstances we would have done the MOT test as good will. Available Car totally refute that what you have described would make the vehicle unsafe. We would not knowingly provide a car with such a fault and would be giving the benefit of doubt given the car had been delivered 7 months ago.

The amount you stated Peugeot charged sounds extortionate for what you have described. This would have been avoided if you had attended your appointment. We have asked multiple times for a copy of the invoice for consideration but this has not been forthcoming. At the point of handover all customers sign to agree Available Car will not pay third party bills. We also ask all customers to contact us within the first 12 months should they have an issue with the car as we may be able to help.

Regards the Available Car team.

Ella.m.x's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 27/03/2018

Firstly we did not give a name of the person who took us to the post office as we did not know it. So I’m a little unsure how you know he was new to your company. Secondly yes you are correct you did make us an appointment to ‘look’ at the car when we explained the MOT expired in 2 days your answer was you have a waiting list but if you decide the problem is a fault of yours you would repair it within a couple of weeks. Like I explained at the time the MOT expired in 2 days so we did not have a couple of weeks to wait. I spoke to the manager last week who asked me to bring the invoice in although on the conversation I had with him 5 days prior to this he informed me he was contacting Peugeot about the work so I was under the impression I did not have to take the invoice. I informed him I would bring it in some time that week or weekend. Due to work commitments I have not got round to that this week. To be completely honest like I informed the manager at the time. This was not about costs or money this was about being sold an unsatisfactory car from the start and I will be completely taking it as a lesson learnt and like I explained to the manager I will not be buying a car or recommending available car to anyone.

Read 2 Comments

“Negative equity cleared and NO DEPOSIT”

Written on: 23/02/2018 by Disgruntled8812 (1 review written)

After buying a car from Available car C/D 7 months ago for more than £23,000 (I had also bought 3 of the offers they had) I felt I did not really like the car so decided to part exchange it. I went back to Available car C/D and was given a part ex price that was £8,150 less than I had paid 7 month prior and I had only driven the car for 4,000 miles. As I really did want to part ex my car I decided to go ahead, I was buying the car on finance and had no problem getting the finance also I… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Disgruntled8812's Review

Written on: 07/03/2018

Hi – Sorry to hear you were disappointed at not being able to ‘borrow’ the full amount you wanted to purchase another ‘Available Car’ from us.
When a ‘finance application’ is submitted to a lender, it is common practice for the ‘loan’ to be looked at by the lender. It would appear the lender wanted a deposit, as they were not prepared to lend the amount of money requested against the vehicle you wanted to purchase.
Available Car Ltd do use a select panel of lenders and clearing ‘negative equity’ is a facility that our lenders can offer, however as with any financial commitment/loan, it will always be at the discretion of the lender.
We would have been able to supply you with the vehicle but the terms of the acceptance would have needed to have been met, in order for us to be able to arrange the funding. If you were unable to raise the deposit requested, you could have arranged to ‘pay’ for the vehicle yourself, by arranging a personal loan, should that be an option, we would be more than happy to help?
It seems necessary to assure you that our ‘extras’ are optional. We only offer a small number of vehicle upgrades or policies, these are offered and explained to all Available Car customers, the ‘choice’ is then theirs to purchase none, one or more upgrade/policy, whatever is the most suitable for them. Your decision to ‘change your mind’ on the products you had originally chose, would have had no impact whatsoever on the lenders decision.
Should you wish to discuss this any further please feel free to contact us by telephone or come into the Showroom and visit us, we’d be happy to help. Regards the Available Car team.

Read 1 Comment

“They don't price promise..”

Written on: 20/02/2018 by JuliannaMadden (1 review written)

Got to the final stages of buying a car, I showed them the same car, identical year and mileage at a Seat dealership for £350 less but in black not white and asked them to match it. One assistant looked at the website link and said we have a price promise so they would match and then we were passed to another person to arrange payment and he wouldn't match the price because it was white..how close do they want. I didn't feel comfortable making the deal with them because of this and the poor… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/03/2018

Hi,

Available Car is a fixed price car supermarket, we do not ‘inflate’ our asking prices and rely on our customers powers of negotiation to secure ‘the best price’. We treat our customers fairly, we advertise our vehicles at transaction prices, therefore everyone get the ‘best deal’.
However, in the event there is another vehicle for sale that is ‘the same’ as ours, we offer a Price Promise. We want to sell the best cars, at the best prices to as many customers as possible!
The Available Car Price Promise is a straight forward offer and every vehicle we have for sale is ‘included’. All we ask is that the vehicle is ‘the same’ as ours, is for sale at a Car Supermarket or Main Dealer, and that it is available for sale at the time the Price Promise is submitted. Simple!
For a detailed guide to the Available Car Price Promise, please see our website.

Please be assured the last thing we want to do is “waste” each other’s time. Why would we?
Should you be a genuine customer and should you want a personal reply, we would be happy to do so. Please let us know who you are, which branch you visited and when. Please mention your ‘Review Centre’ comment when contacting us directly. Regards the Available Car team.

“Despicable ”

Written on: 29/01/2018

Buyer BEWARE!!  No management EVER available, poor customer service. False pricing on part ex the list is endless!!! Avoid like plague. Available car offer a price match promise. We found 2 individual cars same mileage, same spec, same year of manufacture and promise promise couldn’t be honoured because of the colour! Then we were given a price for our vehicle in PX, once the deal had proceeded and a deposit been paid they halved our PX price as not all the correct checks had been carried… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/02/2018

In reply to “Despicable” - Sorry to read that you were not satisfied following your recent enquiry.

The ‘Price Promise’ we offer is simple and straight forward, we have a dedicated page on our website explaining how the ‘Price Promise’ works. Should you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to contact us.

With regard to the part exchange price, if the price for your vehicle was adjusted (by 50%) after it had been viewed, this would usually indicate the vehicle has (serious and undisclosed) detrimental information attached to the vehicle history report. A vehicle history reports check if the vehicle has ever been written off or stolen or if an insurance ‘Total loss’ has been recorded, should the history of your vehicle not have been disclosed to us and this was only apparent after we had verified the vehicle history, the value would be considerably less than if the vehicle was ‘genuine’.

Unfortunately we are unable to be specific, in reply to your comments you do not include any information about your current vehicle (which we valued for part exchange), nor the vehicle you were interested in purchasing from us or which Available Car branch you visited and when?

We do not accept your comments about “poor customer service”, staff being “rude”, “false advertising” or “no Management ever available”. However should you wish to discuss your comment/experience with us, please feel free to contact (the branch you visited) us directly (please mention your Review Centre comment). Regards the Available Car team.

“False advertising”

Written on: 23/01/2018 by yxKearns146 (1 review written)

I went to Leeds available car to test drive a car. After asking how the sat nav worked (to which the sales guy swiftly went through every setting instead of the sat nav) I asked again about the sat nav.... it come up on the screen sd card not available, to which he says ‘oh yes you’ll have to get a sd card for it!’ Went to Audi to ask how much an sd card is.......£4-500 as it needs activating!! I cannot get over the fact they are ADVERTISING extras it DOES NOT EVEN HAVE!! I called… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/01/2018

Hi yxKearns146,

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to investigate this further, however we would require a few more specific details from you. We would ask that you contact a member of our showroom management team at Leeds at a time that is convenient to you to discuss this matter further.

Many thanks