AvailableCar Reviews - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“IT'S NOT WORTH IT !”

Written on: 16/11/2017 by Christian298 (1 review written)

Bought a mercedes a45 amg from the castle donnington branch in June 2017 and the gearbox was making a clunk after a week I called them to tell them about it and they told me it was a mercedes issue so i should take it up with them. Its been in there 3 times and to now find it needs a new gearbox has really angered me. What's more mercedes have the data to prove they sold me a car which had a defect. I have also found out that its a common fault on thease cars and even people who have had new… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/11/2017

We were sorry to hear you have experienced an issue with the vehicle you purchased from us in June 2017. Unfortunately, we were unaware until this week that you had experienced any issue with the vehicle, as the vehicle has never been returned to us since it was collected.

We understand your vehicle is currently with the Mercedes Dealership, they are replacing the gearbox (under Mercedes warranty and free of charge), due to a ‘noise’ in reverse gear, which is apparent when operating from cold.

Mercedes are awaiting delivery on the replacement box and as agreed, we are also speaking to the Mercedes dealership, to help where possible with progress updates. We were pleased to hear that Mercedes had given you a courtesy car whilst your vehicle is with them and we hope the repair will be completed quickly and efficiently for you.

If we can offer any further help, assistance or advice, please feel free to contact us directly. Regards the Available Car team.

Read 1 Comment

“GREAT CAR, HELPFUL STAFF (MAYBE A BIT LONG-WINDED!)”

Written on: 31/10/2017 by RichePCW (1 review written)

Very happy with my experience with Available Car at Sutton in Ashfield. The web site pointed me to a car that exactly filled my requirement. Low mileage, petrol etc, etc. I have no problem with the staff either on the phone and in person, all friendly, helpful and professional. Okay they try to flog you gap insurance, and all the other bits and pieces but that's their job. All the cars I saw were beautifully presented and the amount of detail on the web site is superb. The only slight moan is… Read Full Review

“Missold Cruise Control ”

Written on: 13/10/2017 by Daz1111 (1 review written)

Bought a car in March this year from the Sutton in Ashfield branch. The car, a BMW 1 Series (business media), was advertised and sold to me as having cruise control which, for whatever reason, is missing from the stering wheel. They explained to me on the test drive that the car came with cruise control and a speed limit, but all it as is a limiter. I’m fuming about this really as I’ve only just found out about it and will be pursuing this matter further! Just to clarify the car WAS… Read Full Review

“Disappointing Experience (Castle Donington)”

Written on: 04/10/2017 by dpj70 (1 review written)

Agreed to purchase a lovely vehicle on 14/09/17. Great experience, lots of choice and no pushy salesmen. Collection was scheduled for the week after. A few days before collection advised that vehicle would not now be ready until 04/10/17 as new dual mass flywheel needed and as warranty work would need to go into main dealer. Called Available Car on 03/10/17 to confirm everything good to go and was told that vehicle would now not be ready until 10/10/17. Decided to speak to main dealer… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to dpj70's Review

Written on: 08/11/2017

Dear dpj70 – We apologise that we were unable to have the vehicle ready for the desired delivery date. Unfortunately, due to the vehicle being returned to the dealer, (for a manufacturer’s warranty claim) the timescale was taken out of our control. We must assure you that it is not common practice for us to rearrange collection appointments, however due to the nature of this repair, it was imperative that the work was completed, prior to us handing the vehicle over to the ‘new owner’.

On this occasion the dealership were unable to process the warranty claim and get the parts supplied and fitted in a reasonable time, which ultimately cost us your business and you the chance to own the vehicle.

We will always try our best to be fair and reasonable with our customers and we really appreciate your kind words regarding shopping with us and the choice and selection that we have available.

Despite not continuing with this purchase, due to the timescale involved in completing the repair, we hope you will visit us again in the future. Regards the Available Car team.

Read 1 Comment

“Very pushy sales (cannock)”

Written on: 30/09/2017 by Neal490 (1 review written)

Found the sales guy very pushy, didnt know answers to my questions about the car I was test driving and was rather rude when I commented about the car I was test driving being sluggish to drive. Felt as if I was being a nuisance when I asked to test drive another spec of the same car which I didnt even get to test drive as he swiftly ended the conversation and went off. Use to like the morals of this place being free to test drive under no obligation but now it seems they just want a quick sale… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/10/2017

On behalf of the staff and management at Available Car Cannock we are deeply concerned to hear about your experience. Please contact the showroom and ask to speak to either a Showroom Manager or the General Manager to discuss this further so we can address the issues you have raised.

We would like to reassure you this does not represent the buying experience customers receive, as you should have been encouraged by the customer service helpers to drive as many cars as you wish, without an obligation to buy.

Read 1 Comment

“Nice car just bad after! Sutton in ashfield”

Written on: 28/09/2017 by Charityl430 (1 review written)

My son purchaced a car this week and all fine, came home and no mats (they was in the car on test drive), low on oil and washer fluid after it had a service!!!!! Rang to talk about issues only to be told thats the way it is. The old style car dealer is back. Will not be returning BE WARNED… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/10/2017

Dear Charity1430

Our showroom manager has spoken to the car buyers parent face to face and discussed the issues raised. The vehicle never had mats in the car, if there had been, as explained we would have put them in the boot. We also explained that the car had been serviced two months before you collected the vehicle and that the oil had 87% life left, before its next service. So the vehicle was not low on oil. With regard to the washer fluid if it was low, we sincerely apologise for this.

At Available Car we pride ourselves on our world class service and being totally different from “old style car dealers” as you state. If any of our customers have a genuine issue with their vehicles, then we are here to assist.

“keep away”

Written on: 21/08/2017 by Payton338 (1 review written)

polite staff but i was pretty offended when they offered me £500 for a car that i brought from them 3 years before. i went to other garages and companys that offered me 1000. They do not budge on there overpriced cars. i dont think they care about there customers or keeping people coming back i think they care more about the money they make… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/08/2017

Dear Payton338 – Thank you for your kind comments about the Available Car team, they are appreciated. Sorry to read that you were not happy with the price we offered for your current vehicle, which you purchased from us.

Unfortunately your comment doesn’t tell us what vehicle we valued for you, when, what age the vehicle is now, the mileage or the current condition. Also it is unclear if we have visually appraised the vehicle or if the ‘price’ was offered subject to viewing (telephone/email guide price)? We have attempted to find your enquiry/valuation but we have been unsuccessful matching your name and a £500 valuation to any recent enquiry.

Customer satisfaction is important to us and we would be more than happy to appraise your vehicle and given the opportunity, supply you with another ‘Available Car’. Please feel free to contact us if we can be of any assistance. Regards the Available Car team.

Mobiledisco's Comment

Written on: 30/08/2017

Agree with you 100%, I was offered £2200 for my part exchange, for which I was previously offered £2700 the day before against a similar car by a well known car supermarket in the same price bracket, this was later "improved" to £2400. If they had offered me the full £2700 value that the competitor had offered, the deal would have been done and Available car would have sold the car there and then. As it sits, they lost a deal on a car with a screen price above £15k all for the sake of £300, sucks to be them!. The ironic thing is that the car I was looking at, turns 4 years old in a few months, so they can wave bye bye to another chunk of value, so I can see it being reduced in price in order to shift it, and probably by more than £300. However having seen how the 1 star reviews significantly outnumber the positive ones, I think perhaps that I had a very narrow escape.

“Leeds- messed around”

Written on: 07/08/2017 by Rmh88 (1 review written)

I went into the Leeds branch last Monday to test a seat Leon on which I paid a £100 deposit to reserve. I was looking to trade in my current car which had negative equity which I was told wouldn't be a problem. I agreed for them to go ahead with the finance application and then drove 90 miles back home waiting for a call. A few a hours after getting home I was told that I would need to pay a large deposit to cover the negative equity, I said that I would have a think about it and ring back the… Read Full Review

“buying a car”

Written on: 27/07/2017 by mollysh (1 review written)

Thought we had bought a car we liked got to the payment part to be told we had to pay 25 pounds to pay by debit card rang my bank to be told no charge for debit payment salesman would not budge so we cancelled sale they lost a 13000 sale for 25 pounds would not touch this place with a bargepole again bought another car with no debit charge and on another note why do the sales team and management need to know kind of employment I have!… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to mollysh's Review

Written on: 01/08/2017

Dear mollysh – Sorry to read that you are unhappy with the charge applied for Debit Card transactions. The transaction fee is currently set at 0.22% (£2.20 per £1000), the charge is not set by us, nor do we benefit from it, the fee is charged by the transaction handler.

It is shame that you cancelled your order because of this, you could have pay us directly, by Bank Transfer, which is what most of our customers do, had you have done this it would not have incurred any charge or fee.

Available Car Ltd are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, for this reason we are obliged to ‘know our customer’, we adhere to the guidelines set by the FCA. This does require us to ask questions of our customers and for them to accept we have offered adequate explanations.

We are sorry to have lost your business, we hope you will consider us in the future. Regards the Available Car team.

Read 1 Comment

“Misold warranty - Car isn't fit for purpose”

Written on: 07/07/2017 by ClaireDan (1 review written)

We bought our car Mercedes B class in September 2015. We were sold an extended warranty as the car was only four years old. I broke down on Friday and after taking the car to the garage have been told its a crankshaft pulley that needs replacing. We phoned our warranty who advised this is seen as wear and tear and will not be covered. We have a policy booklet that was given to use when we bought the car and in this it clearly states it would be covered. Available car have now turned around and… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to ClaireDan's Review

Written on: 11/07/2017

Dear ClaireDan – We are sorry to hear that your Mercedes B Class you purchased from us in September 2015 has needed a repair.

We have not ‘mis-sold’ the warranty policy, as you have claimed. The warranty policy purchased covers for ‘sudden mechanical failure’, not items that need to be replaced due to wear/end of mechanical life. We appreciate that an unexpected repair can be costly and unfortunate but we feel it is unfair to blame us for this.

The confusion regarding the policy booklet was explained but it remains unclear in your comments. Two warranty booklets were supplied at the time of collection, one was an ‘old’ booklet, supplied by the previous keeper, which contained service stamps for the vehicle, this booklet was supplied to you, by us, so you had a stamped service record. This was not a document relating to the warranty that you had purchased. If this caused confusion, we apologise but having looked at our records and what was supplied, it all makes perfect sense.

The warranty documentation for the policy you purchased was supplied at the time of sale and it is this policy that has declined the claim due to wear. Once again, we sorry that your claim was not covered by the policy (for reasons explained).

If we can provide any further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly. Regards the Available Car team.

Clairedan's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2017

Hi Available car team,

As stated in our review we would not recommend available car. Mercedes Benz have been a great help during this process and have provided written evidence that the fault should have been covered.

Available car's after sales service appears to be non existent. When we were sold this policy we were not told it only covered 'sudden mechanical failure'. I would not recommend that anyone purchases an extended warranty with available car.

We have attempted to contact you directly to discuss further but unfortunately you appear to have limited availability to meet with us and discuss further.

We have provided this review as we feel it is only fair that others who are considering buying from Available car can make an informed decision.

Regards

Raincop's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 09/09/2017

Surly the car was still under its 90 day warranty you guys supply and is an item that should be considered as latent defect.

Muggedoffbyavcars's Response to ClaireDan's Review

Written on: 05/10/2017

I also had this problem with an Audi, wrong check sheet given and no paperwork sent to dvla, donnington are cow boys and trading standard are now involved as car died 3 days out of their warranty extended warranty won't pay out,and other faults that weren't shown on their check sheet as it was for a Volvo! Now unable to tax the wreck as it's still registered to them!

Read 4 Comments

“Do not buy from here disgraceful service!”

Written on: 22/06/2017 by Clarke12 (1 review written)

DO NOT buy a car from here! We have no logbook with our car when we have approached available car they said basically deal with it yourself. We have an ongoing complaint with a number of issues and even the manager doesn't return calls, we are now going to trading standards. They are a disgrace! UPDATE!!!! We are now taking available car through trading standards after they have forged my husbands signature on paperwork! It has taken us 4 months to receive our logbook, in march when we asked… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Clarke12's Review

Written on: 27/06/2017

On the 19/03/17 you came down to our Cannock showroom and spoke to one of our Showroom Managers. You claimed that you had never been given a log book for the vehicle when you purchased it in November 2015.

When a customer collects a vehicle from AvailableCar, every customer signs a ‘V5 Log Book Release Form Document’ which confirms that a customer has taken the V5 log book and MOT for the vehicle. This was signed by yourself on 21/11/2015, when you paid the deposit for the car. This signature matches multiple other signatures made on the same day in the same ink. Available Car totally refutes your claim a member of staff has “forged” your husbands signature. We have offered to show you this paperwork but your husband declined.

On the 19/03/2017 you explained you had started the process of applying for a new V5 log book from the DVLA and you would keep us informed. Whilst you were on site you informed a Showroom Manager that you had now purchased a brand new car and you would be looking to sell your current vehicle, and enquired as to whether we would be willing to buy the vehicle back from you, using our ‘CashYourCar’ scheme. We offered £17000 on that day, which you were happy with, you explained to us that as soon as you had received the new V5 back from the DVLA you would then look to bring the vehicle in so we could buy it from you at the agreed price. He explained that we may have to re-value the car depending on how long it takes for the V5.

Over 3 months later you emailed to confirm the log book had arrived. During the last 3 months multiple phone calls and messages have taken place to see if you have received the log book. We also discussed the need to re-evaluate the car as over 3 months had passed since it was last seen and valued. We offered an up to valuation of £16000 subject to viewing the car. You and your husband were dissatisfied that the car had depreciated £1000 in the last three months.

The vehicles depreciation, you not completing the registration document you signed for at point of sale and the subsequent delay with your DVLA application for a log book is clearly not Available Car’s responsibility.

Clarke12's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 28/06/2017

Once again still waiting for available car to give me details of their official complaints procedure for some reason not so forthcoming with this information! Trading standards are also now involved. I'm sure this problem has happened on numerous occasions the difference being we will not let the issue drop! Pure and utter incompetence from available car! If you read through your own comments which is clearly copied and pasted, you state 'every customer fills out a v5 logbook release form when collecting a vehicle' so why is our paperwork signed a week before handover? Do you usually give out logbooks for £25000 cars that haven't yet been paid for?! What utter rubbish a fine example of available car being in the wrong and not wanting to own up to their incompetent staffs mistakes so trying to pass the buck!

“Rip off merchants!”

Written on: 10/06/2017 by Motrin (1 review written)

Went there two week ago. They tried to tell me that my car was in negative equity by £3000. Funny they had the same car as mine same year similar miles for £9000, offered me £6000. Do they think people are stupid. Will never set foot in their again. Be warned!… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Motrin's Review

Written on: 13/06/2017

Dear Motrin – We are sorry you hear that you were unhappy with the valuation we offered for your current vehicle.

We cannot speculate regarding the figures you have quoted, as we do not know what vehicle we valued for you, at which Available Car branch or when exactly. However, when appraising a vehicle, we will take many factors into consideration, these include, age, mileage, conditions, owners, MOT (if applicable) and service history. We will then offer a fair price to part exchange or buy for cash. This is common practice for us and we can assure you, we do not treat our customers as “stupid”.

Should a vehicle we buy be eligible for retail, we will prepare that vehicle for sale, both mechanically and cosmetically, the cost of which is taken into consideration when we advertise the vehicle for sale.

When we agree a sale, with the ‘new owner’, we will then guarantee the vehicle and cover any repairs whilst under guarantee with us.

To call us “rip off merchants” is rude, offensive and unjustified. We are sorry to hear that you would not visit us again. Regards the Available Car team.

“Fantastic ”

Written on: 05/06/2017 by BiancaFarley162 (1 review written)

I was amazed that we were not hassled once was a great experience staff were fantastic and very friendly and helpful love my new car thank you very much Will definitely recommend… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/06/2017

Hello BiancaFarley162,

Thank you for your lovely comments on the service you have received from us. All the team at Available Car wish you many happy miles in your new car.

Read 1 Comment

“Highly recommended, our third car from them.”

Written on: 25/05/2017 by DavidOxborough (1 review written)

Totally stress free, very friendly and helpful staff from the reception through to the test drive guys and the guys who handle the buying process. It was because of the way the problems we experienced with our first car a few years ago were resolved that we've been back twice more. On that occasion, the car had a fault with the EGR valve which eventually had to go back to the dealer network for rectification. Each time it went back, we were given a courtesy car without even having to ask and… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to DavidOxborough's Review

Written on: 09/06/2017

Hi,

“Best service ever”

Written on: 25/05/2017 by Jamesb233 (1 review written)

I am picking my 62 astra vxr up tomorow and cant wait the reception team are so friendly and helpful at the store and on the phone i test drove the astra then proceeded to buy then changed my mind which they didnt mind at all i found another car from available car but at a different site they brought it to my local site test drove that one then decided on the astra would realy like to thank the sales person that helped me and the guy who took me on the test drives… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Jamesb233's Review

Written on: 31/05/2017

Dear Jamesb233 – Thanks for your excellent comments, they really are appreciated. We are delighted that you enjoyed shopping with us and we hope you enjoy owning your “Available Car” Astra VXR!

Should you require any assistance in the future, please feel free to contact us and we hope to see you again… when it’s time to change!

Read 1 Comment

“Do not buy a car from this dealership”

Written on: 19/05/2017 by VanDalton (1 review written)

I bought a car for £8000.00 in October, it has now developed a fault -EGR valve. They've looked at it and refused to do it as I've had it over 6 months , 7 months to be precise. I've only done 2,800 miles in it. It's disgraceful service I would NOT recommend this place to anyone, and I will make sure I tell everyone not to use this company… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/05/2017

Dear VanDalton – We are sorry to hear you have experienced an issue with the EGR valve on the vehicle you purchased from Available Car. Unfortunately, from time to time, maintenance and repairs are necessary. After such a period of time, it is the responsibility of the owner/driver, not the supplier to cover the cost of the repair. Regards the Available Car team.

“Great service”

Written on: 15/05/2017 by Mahoney64 (1 review written)

Great customer service. Not yet picked up the car as there are a few bits to do so hopefully all will be well. I never felt pressured and had full control over buying what I wanted.The staff at reception are wonderful. It says I cannot name staff which is a shame. Lovely fun service thank you… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/05/2017

Hi Mahoney64 – Thank you so much for taking the time to write such fantastic comments about your recent visit to Available Car. “No Pressure”, “Wonderful”, “Lovely Staff” and “Fun Service”, we couldn’t ask for anymore! We are delighted that you enjoyed shopping with us and hope you will enjoy your “Available Car”.

Should you want to share your praise for the Reception Team, please feel free to ‘name’ the Available Car branch you shopped with (and add your comments to our Facebook page).

Thanks again, kind regards the Available Car team.

Read 1 Comment

“Castle Donnington - what a joke ”

Written on: 29/04/2017 by whare (2 reviews written)

I went to testdrive a Citreon C4 Grand Picasso it is a 11 plate When I went to test the car it had only just arrived on site so still had work to be done (I can understand that) I liked the car and so I went home to sleep on it the following day I agreed to buy the car (really wish I had not bothered now) I was due to collect the car on the 3/4/17 but got a phone call from a Mr Brooks (I understand he may be a manager in the sales team) on the Friday before collection (31/3/17) saying there… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to whare's Review

Written on: 03/05/2017

Dear whare – We are sorry to read that you have been unhappy with your recent experience with Available Car – Castle Donington. We apologise that you had to return your 2011 registered Citroen C4 Picasso to us whilst under guarantee.

Thank you for your kind words about the person you dealt with, they really are appreciated, our team will always strive to help our customers and we appreciate you taking the time to praise him.

Following your previous complaint, we arranged a visit to resolve any issues. The A Pillar that we worked on during preparation, required the securing clips to be replaced, we also replaced a car key that was showing signs of wear. The work was completed by us, under our guarantee at no additional charge to you.

Whilst your car was with us, as a goodwill gesture, we completed a full interior and exterior valet and improved a scuff on the O/S/F wing mirror. We did hope this work would have been appreciated, unfortunately, it appears it was not.

We are happy that we resolved your issue during your visit to us, should you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Regards the Available Car team.

Improved a scuff..... wipe it with a cloth and jet wash / hover

Sorry the service I have e got over all I still rate very poor and very little has been done to correct the issue

Read 4 Comments

“Messed around, awful”

Written on: 30/03/2017

Initially the customer service was great, I decided to buy an Audi A4, everything was going well until I got a phone call saying that they had performed a check and realised the timing belt had not been replaced, and rescheduled me for the next day at 5pm, to travel to the particular venue it takes me around 1.25-1.5 hours to get there traffic allowing, so I set off a littleness earlier to ensure I was there on time. As I entered the building I received a voicemail from a call around 45 minutes… Read Full Review

Paulandroxy's Comment

Written on: 27/04/2017

i had ham egg and chips for diner, it was fantastic, bungalow

Written on: 11/05/2017

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Available Car. We were delighted to read that during the purchase process the customer service you received was great. However we would like to apologise for the fact that you were unable to collect your vehicle on the agreed date. We would like to assure you that all of our cars are fully inspected and prepared prior to becoming available stock. Unfortunately faults can occur after this process is complete. At Available Car we will change a timing belt if it is due or due within a certain time period. When your vehicle first came into stock, the timing belt was not due and was outside of our parameters to change it. However when you purchased the Audi, the due date for changing the belt fell within our guidelines for changing, hence why the work needed to be carried out prior to collection.
We understand that our Handover Manager has dealt with you personally to remedy the problems you had with the vehicle and these matters have now been resolved to your satisfaction.
If we can offer any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Read 2 Comments

“Was going to visit but the official responses are shocking”

Written on: 16/03/2017 by 29Shoemaker (1 review written)

I called into my local dealer this weekend. The prices were very fair and I was considering going back in with my partner. This, despite the fact that the salesman repeatedly called me by the wrong name and assumed I was buying a car for my sister (I don't have a sister). However, reading these reviews and the official responses has convinced me to keep away. When people take time to buy a car and leave a review, it is incumbent upon any company to treat the complaint with respect. I see… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/03/2017

Dear 29Shoemaker – Thank you for your comments. Should you wish to read comments that are written by customers who have enquired, visited or purchased from Available Car ltd, please look at our website, you will find “thousands” of customer comments. This “site” contains 300 comments, most of which we do not know if they are genuine or fictional?

The problem with “reviews” written online is that they can be written by anyone, about anything, and can very easily be manipulated by unscrupulous individuals. Most comments written on “review sites” do not contain all the facts and often offer a tainted version of events. As with your comment, we do not know who you are, which site you visited, when or what assistance we were able to offer?

We absolutely agree that Customer Service is important for any organisation, especially ours. The reason we respond to online comments is because should an Available Car customer, have a genuine issue/problem, we will always help.
We are very sorry if your recent visit was not a success, we apologise that our team member got it so wrong. We would never intentionally offend a customer, call them by the wrong name or refer to their partner as there Sister! I can assure you, if our team member was aware that they had got all of this so wrong, they would be very embarrassed and sorry.

Should anyone wish to speak to us, we are always happy to help, so please don’t judge us on the strength of a few comments written on this page, all complaints are dealt with respectfully but please bear in mind, we do not know who has written the vast majority of these comments, nor do we know how many are genuine.

If you are looking to buy a good, used car, from an organisation with a proven track record – Available Car Ltd is a fantastic place to shop. If you would be happy to speak to us, we’d value the opportunity to discuss your visit. Please contact your local branch, regards the Available Car Team.