We Buy Any Car - www.webuyanycar.com

• Customer service

Comment from Review Centre

webuyanycar.com take customer service very seriously and strive to always deliver a fast, safe and fair service to every one of our customers nationwide. Our social media team read every review about us online to help and thank our customers and use the feedback to improve everything from our website to our branches. Please help us to do this by leaving the name of the branch you visited or name of the buyer you dealt with. If you would like to get in contact directly please email us at SocialMedia (at) webuyanycar.com. Please note no webuyanycar.com staff will every leave a comment online without making it clear that they work for the company.
We Buy Any Car - www.webuyanycar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for We Buy Any Car - www.webuyanycar.com

We Buy Any Car - www.webuyanycar.com

“Reduction in offer price”

Written on: 20/08/2022 by andrewhz (1 review written)

We buy any car based at Matalan. Very easy experience to sell,young man very friendly and pleasant, however offered £636 less for a few very minor stone chips on the lower bumper and literally 2 on the bonnet,this is on a 9 year old car? No one will expect perfect, as new bodywork on a 9 year old car

“Offered £500 less than estimate for no valid reason”

Written on: 26/05/2022

I can understand a valuation being lowered if a fault is found with the vehicle, but to spend 30 minutes inspecting the vehicle, finding nothing wrong, but still offering £500 less than the original offer is wrong and wasted my time. I will not be using them again.

“My car got evaluated £15,500 at webuyanycar...”

Written on: 07/05/2022 by Cahillyb333 (1 review written)

My car got evaluated £15,500 at webuyanycar Wimbledon, I sold it for £17,500 (2k more!) to We Want Any Car a week later! Always quote competive. £2k is a big difference.

“1200 less”

Written on: 30/04/2022 by Scootrandy (1 review written)

Got a valuation on my car of £6300 went to Arnold Clark they gave me £7500 not much difference eh , wouldn't sell them a wheelchair.

“Ideal for people who aren’t bothered by losing money.”

Written on: 13/04/2022 by Chavezds71 (1 review written)

WBAC lure people in with overvalued prices and once you’re at their site will offer greatly reduced prices. The people who accept are people who are rich and losing hundreds/thousands of pounds doesn’t bother them, people with a car that’s about to expire, people who are due to collect a new car within a couple of days, people who need the money today or the elderly who are confused by the jargon of the buyer. WBAC say people don’t have to accept the price offered but mostly the buyers are people with few morals and certainly no conscious. It’s really a company that should be mystery shopped by a consumer programme. The dark side of the motor trade that shouldn’t exist today.

“Absolute rubbish, price guarantee not honoured.”

Written on: 30/03/2022 by 222McWilliams (1 review written)

Visited the site and Was given a price, half of what was quoted online and was told The price was guaranteed for 48 hours to think about it. I returned the following morning and was then offered £400 less than the previous evening. Total waste of time. Went to availablecar.com and was much better service.

“Selling first time round but unaware of what to do?”

Written on: 16/03/2022

Before we visited the unit we were not advised of half the questions we had to complete. As a first timer selling a car in this way, not impressed with what we were not told before we arrived. As agent said overall good car but had to deduct price due to minor issues. Frustrated with some of procedure thankfully agent very helpful in explaining what was required. Once we had agreed the price the paperwork was straight forward and well explained. The eventual price was not much better then the dealer had offered so next time may go with the dealer if price not more with We Buy Any Car. Would suggest you ask more questions when giving the initial quote before we visit your site, we could get a more accurate quote. I may of missed these questions but make them clear - 1. any dents or scratches 2. Has the service book been fully completed? 3.How much MOT left on the car- this affects the price- did not know.

“Price quoted is fictitious but everyone knows that ”

Written on: 26/02/2022 by Shoemakerum305 (1 review written)

You said ... "If your car is in the condition you say it is, we promise to pay the price we quote." but you don't. Everyone knows the price quoted is fictitious so I wasn't surprised. The service is fine and convenient. I would recommend to friends but warn them that the price quoted is not the price you get on the day. WeBuyAnyCar gave us more than Motorway and Motorway is much more work. You can do both as each give you a few days to take up their offer.

“Waste of Time”

Written on: 30/01/2022 by zxAyers424 (1 review written)

An absolute waste of time. The online offer for my daughters 2015 Audi was £10635. I am in the trade so I know what I am looking at and this is a 2 owner from new car with a full main dealer service history, two keys and even in the words of their girl who evaluated the car it was 'mint'. Despite this the offer on the day was £9600 less a £75 admin fee. I questioned this and she starred off into space saying well thats the offer. A total waste of time and false advertising AVOID

“Waste of time”

Written on: 23/01/2022 by Dejak354 (1 review written)

Took my car to we buy any car .com. online quoted me £6370 but offered me £3000. What a swiz Didn't sell.

Disgruntledcustomers's Comment

Written on: 23/01/2022

The car I took was in mint condition and all information I gave was correct. But because it was an imported car ( which all Mercedes are) they said they would only offer me £3000. What a slap in the face. I was discusted with them. I will never use them again or recommend them. How can you put all correct information in on line then they bring up issues that online should have known about.

Read 1 Comment

“Having booked an appointment at an alloted time on...”

Written on: 21/01/2022 by Disatisfiedbywebuyanycar (1 review written)

Having booked an appointment at an alloted time on 20/01/2022 at 17.00hrs i attended with my vehicle, when i arrived the employee was dealing with another customer and said wait 5mins and i'll be with you, at 17.35hrs i had had enough and drove off. anyway i decided when i got home to rebook for the following day (21/01/2022) i arrived at 13.50 as my alloted time and someone eventualy came down to me after staring through an open roof window at me for a fair few mins. He proceeded to do the checks on the vehicle and after about 15mins of tapping his ipad/notebook he said "your MOTs show a discrepency in the milleage but i can see its a mistake by the centre", anyway he continues tip tapping on his ipad/notebook and eventually says "the descrepency is making a bit of a diffrence to what we quoted you for the vehicle, i then said so how much difference ? Now bear in mind the online valuation was £9,435.00 so i was thinking it'd probably end up at £8,500.00............ How wrong was I................. He came out with £6,200.00 is our offer. i immediately snatched back the V5 doc and procceded to say "Forget it" and drove away yet again! Now i am understanding the descrepancy but having contacted the garage whom made the mistake and know us from previous MOTs etc, they are rectifying the issues. So my comments are if it's as simple as this to rectify a genuine mistake why has it devalued my vehicle by £3,235.00??

“Are we mugs?”

Written on: 16/01/2022

The We Buy Any Car "guaranteed" valuation. Think of it as wishful thinking that is never going to be paid out. £9425 turned out to be £8400 in my case. If you approach on this based you won't be disappointed. A few taps on the screen got it up to £8600. They must suppose that after wasting an hour of your time you'll just give up. So approach with caution and expect to be talked into a much lower valuation. Still we can all just drive away which is what I did. A wasted 45 mins but educational on WBAC very dubious business practice. They must think we are mugs!

“DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY ”

Written on: 09/12/2021 by CheesedoffPaul (1 review written)

Offered me £5660 online. Went to the Garforth Branch and got offered £4800. Signed the iPad with no opportunity to read. When I got paid they had paid me £4171.62 (random figure?) I emailed customer services who said I d signed the paperwork so didn't have a leg to stand on. DO NOT TRUST they act like back street Del Boys.

“Slave driver ”

Written on: 06/12/2021 by Dwaynea76 (1 review written)

Cons the customer out of loads of money. The working conditions awulf. No toilets. Lunch break. What's that? No toilets. To make a bonus you have to to lower the price of the car .prays on the customer and the buyer

“Don’t pay off your finance”

Written on: 17/11/2021 by Alcatel1234 (1 review written)

Sold them my mercedes six weeks ago , still haven’t settled the finance , now been black listed , stay away

“Terrible company.”

Written on: 22/10/2021 by Moodyad71 (1 review written)

Avoid like the plague. Had to take the whole family on a two hour round trip to be told that although my car was in very good condition and they couldn't point to any fault or damage whatsoever, the computer told them to offer 20% less than the online quote. Utter disgrace. You'd be better off driving your car into a canal.

“NIGHTMARE EXPERIENCE! DO NOT USE THEM”

Written on: 13/10/2021 by sabahs (1 review written)

The worst experience ever! I sold my car to wbac and its been a nightmare from hell, I booked my appointment online and took a day off work to drop my car off to a branch in feltham, when I arrived there was one member of staff in a small makeshift office in the middle of a cinema car park, as I pulled up the chap came out looked at the car, and then couldn't find the vehicle on the wbac system which was odd as I had already been given a price online. wbac could not find my vehicle on their system (which they had already given me a price for which is why I agreed to sell my car to them) they tried to offer me £6,000 less than I was quoted online, I had to personally find the model on the wbac system which they did finally agree to pay me, the paperwork was done and I received a invoice with a promise to pay by the next day as I had paid for a faster payment so I left the car on their premises. Later that day I received a call from wbac stating that they required some more information i.e. my purchase invoice and proof of payment, I sent everything across and this is when my nightmare got even worse, wbac contacted me to say that they want to inspect the condition of the car and offer me a discounted price for my car, I rejected that option as I could have sold it for more to their competitors whom actually offered me more money for it, I requested that my car us returned to the branch I dropped it to in the same running condition but thats when all the communications stopped, I have emailed the talk to us now system atleast 5 times with no response other than a 1 line Email that I received after 3 days, and then when I replied I had to wait another 3 days for another 1 line reply, all I want is my car back so that I can get back my property, I have not been paid, my vehicle was dropped at wbac on 05/10/2021 and today is the 13/05/2021, I received a email yesterday to state that the vehicle has broken down and that it is my responsibility to collect the car at my expense from a British car auctions location in blackbushe, wbac are refusing to deliver my car back to me and have stated that I have sold them a car with historic faults when in actual fact I have a old bca assured report when the car was sold through British car auctions to the last owner and it was sold with no faults so I do not understand why I was told that the car had historic faults, I now have a car that is a non runner sitting in a auction site and it is now my responsibility to collect my car at my expense even though wbac took it there and the vehicle apparently broke down in their possession, I have emailed and called and called (they never answer any calls and have limited telephone numbers that you can call). Please stay away from this usiness or you will learn the hard way like I have, I am now instructing a solicitor to claim damages to my property

“Online offer of £14k and when I went to them offered...”

Written on: 11/09/2021 by multipla70 (1 review written)

Done online valuation on my 65 reg plate Mitsubishi outlander phev mentioning the passenger side door dent and got a quote of £14141. Went to their location next day any guy offered me £8k saying I done twice/year Mot so the car is minicab car. Told him he's wrong and he's got wrong information. As an Interpreter I'm driving a lot up and down the country and I'm sharing the car with my wife so to make sure we are safe and rely on the car I'm doing the mot twice/ year. I just found out with this occasion that minicab cars are doing the same ( mot twice/year). I mentioned to the guy to have a look on the car in and out so he can see the immaculate condition exept of the dent and he told me he can offer me £8k. When I asked him why they are waisting people's time been a sham he offered me £10k and asked me how much I want for my car. He was completely unprofessional like the whole company beeing of waist of time. Car is in immaculate condition inside with full independent service history with 2 keys. AVOID THEM AS THEY ARE TRYING TO WAIST YOUR TIME AND KNOCK DOWN THE PRICE A LOT. UNFORTUNATELY FOR THEM I HAVE KNOWLEDGE IN TERMS OF CARS ALSO APART OF my job so they can not cheat me and trying to make of huge profits by cheating others. I assume what I'm saying cause this is the reality, they are cheating people thinking most of people don't have knowledge in terms of cars. This should be stopped as a practice as they are misleading people and trying to make huge profits.

Rac1234's Response to multipla70's Review

Written on: 13/09/2021

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on We buy anycar.com.
I had a similar experience with my car.
Offer was good, until I got to the garage.
Then very low price actually offered.
Don’t waste your time and energy with this company.

Read 1 Comment

“Appalling company with questionable practices”

Written on: 22/08/2021 by Vim2000 (1 review written)

Absolutely disgraceful company with misrepresented pricing and bad business practices. They need to be investigated and held to account. Hope BBC does a panorama investigation and expose their unethical business model. Management should be ashamed of appalling practices! Avoid at all costs

“Exceeded our expectations”

Written on: 09/08/2021 by RashadAdkins (1 review written)

Received our valuation, £2500 higher than main dealer gave 2 years ago!!! Thought it was too good to be true but went along anyway. Offered us nigh on the online valuation. Process was very simple and efficient. Staff member in swindon kembrey Park extremely professional and polite. Paid for quick payment on Friday at 17.30, money in bank on Monday at 8.00am. Could not fault them. Granted our car was in excellent condition with FSH. Would highly recomnend