Evans Halshaw, Poole, Dorset Reviews

☆☆☆☆☆
0.3
  • Customer service

Evans Halshaw, Poole, Dorset - Ask a question now

“I ordered my new car on 8th of Feb for collection on...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by kyliesfanclub on 02/03/2008

I ordered my new car on 8th of Feb for collection on 1st March and was told that mid month I would receive a phone call advising me of the reg so I could organize insurance. When I didn't hear I sent three emails over the period of a week, these were not replied to so I called on 28th Feb and was given reg. At 2pm on the 29th of February I was called and told that car was not available for collection as they had problems taxing it. (three weeks not long enough?). They blamed the DVLA but after much investigation it was not a DVLA problem. Evans Halshaw had apparently left it to the day before and had computer problems, and had no idea when they would be rectified and therefore couldn't give me a collection date. They also advised me that they had to leave it till day before which DVLA advised me is also incorrect. It's 2nd of March and I still have no idea when car will be ready. Am requesting refund of deposit as am unwilling to give them any more of my money. Buying a new car should be a pleasurable experience that most people won't experience many times in their life.

“I went to Evans Halshaw because we want to buy a brand...”

written by soxanshoes on 21/02/2008

I went to Evans Halshaw because we want to buy a brand new S-Max. I have visited the showroom on 4 ocassions now, with hubby and then my grown up kids. On each ocassion I have had to go and seek out a salesman and on 3 ocassions have felt that they have little or no interest in selling one to us. Do we look the wrong type of people to own one??? Is there more profit in a Ford Ka or a Fiesta?? I asked about a test drive and was told to phone and arrange one. I phoned on Tuesday and the time and day I requested didnt suit them..strangely because of the traffic in the area. Does it not drive in traffic??? they took my number and will phone me on friday??
Makes you wonder what the aftersales is like doesn't it???

Soxanshoes's Response to soxanshoes's Review

Written on: 12/03/2008

just to update...test drive finally a week ago. very amusing as I knew more about the car, its new specs and optional extras than the salesman!!!