Sheilas Wheels Home Insurance Reviews

Sheilas Wheels Home Insurance
1.5

Sheilas Wheels Home Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sheilas Wheels Home Insurance

“Communication non existent. ”

written by ClaudiaMoran85 on 16/02/2024

Do not use! Can’t get hold of them at any time of the day.

“Do not use”

written by Doughertywn49 on 21/11/2023

Do not use. Impossible to contact and get compensation claim resolved. Waiting tome to get through via phone is 62min. Eta fir any action taken 4 months and 22 days.

“Terrible and awful ”

written by TalonO'Connor302 on 09/10/2023

Absolute c0n artist of an insurer. We were hit in the rear at a red light, provided dash cam footage, and Sheila’s Wheels somehow determined we were partially at fault. Subsequently we have lost all our no claims and are now subject to higher premiums despite not actually being at fault. We were never advised of this, and only found out when we were looking to renew the policy. Customer service is an absolute joke - we are currently nearly at THREE HOURS of waiting to get through to someone on the phone. The online service is useless and just tells you to call them instead. Additionally, their policy is to provide you a courtesy car within 2 days, however we had to argue for one to be provided which we only received after 5 days. This meant I could not travel to work and had to take time off. DO NOT USE SHEILA’S WHEELS.

“Rubbish”

written by EmmaKent44 on 14/04/2022

Unprofessional and incompetent staff. Waste of money. Might as well have no cover at all because they don't want to pay when you make a claim. Gone on for months. Good job i wasn't homeless. You know how good insurance cover is when you need to use it. This was rubbish.

Bridiej's Comment

Written on: 16/09/2022

I agree 100% I have been living in unacceptable conditions for weeks now, I’m out of pocket and still no payout or help when I need it the most. Stay well clear of this pathetic excuse of a company

“Worst company ever”

written by mikepalmer78 on 30/05/2018

Absolutely horrendous company. We were involved in a collision after a driver pulled out in front of us. Esure unfortunately represented both parties and refused to investigate the accident and applied partial liability to both parties. I assume because its better for them to raise both our insurance premiums and save the expense of investigating the claim at all, nevermind correctly. After chasing them up and hounding them they eventually provided a courtesy car that should have been offered and provided at the time of the claim. Only for them to take it back almost 2 weeks earlier than agreed leaving us whitout a car whilst trying to replace the one that they wrote off rather than repair. They didnt even communicate to us that they were taking the courtesy car off hire, a confused rental agent called us apologising that they were going to need the car back today. Each time we called the insurance agent they were rude and abrupt. Uncurteous and unhelpful. We will never do bussiness with them again and advise anyone else to avoid them like the plague.if i could givem minus stars i would.

“Kitchen flooded ”

written by qzTodd118 on 29/04/2018

Yesterday we suddenly got burst pipe in kitchen out of blue, I have 75 years old mum and I was out. She has Disabilty and hurt herself and kitchen items damaged and flooring. Dibolic service as we called few numbers as the company is car insurance and home insurance with another company even though we are pay them. From 1pm of the report of incident we get a tradesman that turned up as was gas engineer. Before he arrived we stopped the water from main and had no wate for over 4 hours. When he turned up and tells its Flexi pipe that burst and after calling his colleague not the insurance company he said it's not covers. And left. The water still was leaking and when I checked to my horrow once of the plastic pipes underneath the sink was loose. So I tighten that to stop the leak. The insurance company claims open 24/7 for emergency but you call it closed at 5pm We tried every number but no luck. It's Sat no hep in finding a plumber and no water in kitchen and no one to speak to the water damage Aboutsly shockibg service I will never go with them and I will be cancelling my policy as its disgusting they can treat people like this and get away from it.

“Home emergency cover doesn't cover basics!!”

written by Jak123 on 01/08/2016

I regret taking my home insurance service with Sheila's wheels! Spent over 25 mins to get through to someone, the wrong number to home emergency is put online so had to go through the normal customer service number. Advisor wasn't very helpful and before even listening and understanding my issue she said the home emergency doesn't cover it?! The home emergency clearly states that it covers blocked drains etc however technically it doesn't if it's draining slowly, even though it's pretty clear there's a blockage somewhere as sinks upstairs and downstairs aren't draining. Poor service and very unhelpful advisor wasn't interested at all, definitely won't be renewing this month!!

“Sheila's wheels do not pay on your claims. they...”

written by RemeTD on 28/06/2016

Sheila's wheels do not pay on your claims. they use BCV solutions to do the dirty work and avoid paying for your very legitimate claims. Very sneaky tactics. VB solutions claim to be qualified surveyors but are nothing of the like. Please avoid this insurance.

“Home emergency cover is fantastic”

written by JazzyJS on 13/06/2016

I cannot understand the poor reviews here, the service I have received has been outstanding. Last week my boiler stopped working and would only come back to life if I added more water to increase the pressure. I called at 8am and 10 minutes later received a text telling me the job had been assigned to the contractor. The engineer called me at 9am to advise me he would be attending between 12pm - 3pm. Engineer attended and found the the heat exchanger had developed a leak. He ordered the part and advised it should be in on Monday morning ( it was a Friday ). I was working from home on friday afternoon and the engineer called to my house (apologising for not ringing ahead due to lack of phone battery) to say he had been to a supplier earlier and they had the part so he would like to fit it. The engineerr had the part fitted within 30 minutes and boiler is now working better than ever. This weekend we had torrential rain and my drains flooded the driveway. I called Sheilas wheels and they assigned the job to a contractor within 20 minutes. Dynorod attended yesterday morning and cleared my drains, absolutely fantastic service. Good comms throughout, the engineers called me directly and attended promptly when the said they would. You hear of all these nightmare stories about poor service I'm so glad that even in todays world there is still engineers and insurance companies that actually care about customer service.

“personel items in outbuilding”

written by on 03/12/2015

I had personel items in a shed stolen,they were 18volt drills,and attachements,multi tester,power washer,generator,i told sheilas wheel I used the drills and generator for working with ie in my garden and workshop.they refused to pay out for the items saying I was using them for business use so cannot be paid out?meanwhile I haven't worked for a company or at all for over 2 years.the power washer is for my driveway and washing my car.how can that also be for business use?people take my advise use a more reputable company even if it costs u more.these cheapskate companies are just not worth it.if it was something more serious would they pay you out?i doubt it.

“No settlement after 10 months of claim”

written by dxBlair1945 on 23/02/2015

I made a claim with Sheila's Wheels 10 months ago. They have instructed BV solutions to try and reduce the amount of my claim which is not a large claim. They will try any tactic to get out of settling your claim. BV solutions are more difficult to deal with than Sheila's Wheels, and you cannot ever get to speak to either of them. So after 10 months, I am still waiting, waiting, waiting..... Avoid this company at all costs.

“No settlement after 6 months of claim!”

written by jeffconnell on 14/11/2014

Still not received settlement of my claim from May. Contacted them this week to chase up. It took them a week to get back to me to say they had closed the claim as they could not contact me? Very strange, they had already emailed and telephoned me, so this is just a get out excuse to avoid paying. Very unprofessional at what is a most distressing time. Needless to say, I have not renewed with Sheila's Wheels. Watch this space - but don't hold your breath!

“ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL - THEY MAKE CLAIMING VERY STRESSFUL”

written by on 18/08/2014

Not worthy of one Star. Claimed in May 2014 for a damaged bath. They have still not paid out. We have sent photos and quotes. We had to have the work done because the claim would have gone from 700 to thousands of pounds, as we were getting water damage to plaster boards and floor boards, and ceiling was in danger of falling in. We have advised them that we have had work done, and sent them receipts. They have now decided to instruct a third party claims assessor to 'assess' our claim. they have requested the measurements of our bathroom, width depth and height, so than they can consider our claim. I pity anyone who has to claim thousands for an emergency to their home. This company are very unprofessional and only want to make claiming too stressful. Today I have received an email saying that if we do not contact them within 7 days, they will presume we do not wish to claim! WIshing I had read these reviews first. My renewal is due this month - guess what I am avoiding this company like the plague. Would have rated no stars if I could. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

“ABSOULUTY THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER SEEN. ”

written by HoustonRankin113 on 20/06/2014

POOR COMMUNICATION , CANCELLATION POLICY I CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW EXPENSIVE CAN A COMPANY BE ?.

“Sheila's Wheels Home Insurance”

written by NiaOgden222 on 26/02/2014

Customer Service is very poor. I had to wait nearly an hour in total for over 10 minutes several times during the day to finally get through to an insurance rep. They also subtly change some terms year to year and what was covered one year, like roof in home emergency cover suddenly disappeared in 2013/4. And when you have claims they find ways to avoid helping the customer - who has lost out. So despite having 10 years+ protected no claims with Accidental Damage cover for buildings and contents and never having claimed, when this past year we were unlucky twice and did need help with a shattered window and roof damage, it turns out very little is covered. We sustained roof damage when recent storms arrived which was confirmed by a roof specialist who offered to quote for a repair directly to the insurer. However while waiting a few weeks for the insurer to resolve this matter, an "independent" assessor then appointed and paid by the insurer dismissed the claim on the basis that it was wear and tear. There appears very little realistic chance to appeal, except with the assessor themselves. A few months earlier we experienced a shattered window and rang to report it. We were not around when the window shattered so could only speculate on the cause. Even the insurer agreed it was not normal for a window to shatter on its own. However again refused to assist because we could not define the exact cause and event when it occurred. It would have been easier to say one of us accidentally kicked/threw a ball against the window and it shattered, but that was not true. But when discussing the issue with the insurer speculating how else it happened it appeared nothing else was covered either. For example if it was shattered by the neighbours' kids, then the claim needs to be made to the neighbours and/or reported to the police. If a bird flew into the window it was excluded. If it was faulty window ( despite being OK for 8 years since installation) then claim vs the builder/manufacturer. So in the end insurance we pay for intended to cover us for loss and damahe to the buildings has proved worthless. There is no saving in insurance costs, if when you need cover the insurer finds every which way to avoid covering it or being reasonable. Instead of assisting and trying to help, they have done everything to avoid helping us. My advice is look elsewhere. Be prepared for a slightly higher premium to get a better service. No wonder Sheila's Wheels is one of the lower rated insurers.

“Straightfoward good value”

written by Longacres on 14/12/2013

The reviews here look disappointing, however, we should take companies as we find them and fortunately for me, my experience with Sheilas Wheels was very positive. If I had read the reviews before, I might never have tried Sheilas Wheels for home insurance - I'm glad I did. Price-wise they were in the lowest three quotes and, as I have used SW for motor insurance in the past, I thought I'd give them a try this year. During the October storms my greenhouse was damaged beyond repair and my shed roof also took some damage. I followed the claim procedure and provided all of the necessary information. Communication from them was good and a few weeks later I received the full settlement for a replacement greenhouse and shed repair, without fuss or quibble. That is exactly what you need from your insurance provider. It is a pity there are so many poor reviews as I received first class service during my claim.

“home insurance claim.”

written by barnpot49 on 20/03/2013

After working outside i went to go in my house at 6pm to make tea etc.I cold not open the door(it had unlocked)but the handle was not operating the door catch.After trying to gain entry i could find no way in.I then decided the only way was to force the bottom panel of the pvc door,which i managed to do without to much damage.I phoned sheilas wheels the following day to see if i could claim.I was told by the person on the phone that it was a deliberate act so i could not claim.I tried explaining that i am diabetic and need food and insulin injection and needed to get in.She said i should of phoned a locksmith, i had allready told her i was locked out with no access to a phone,she also said it was not a emergency.When i recieved a letter that said they would only consider a claim if i had called the emergency services and they had broke in.So not happy with there response and will not use them again.

“A close escape...I cancelled the policy before it started”

written by SilverSurfer54 on 03/03/2013

I was referred to SW for Home Buildings and Contents Insurance by Compare the Market as after answering all the questions,they appeared cheapest. I contacted SW on line to clarify a couple of points and was asked a few more "standard questions by their agent,before agreeing to the policy and paying annual amount by credit card. When policy papers arrived I read through them as requested and noted a question ~ that I had not been asked - was on the schedule "are there any children under the age of 16 living at the insured address?" - the question had been answered "none" when infact there are two. I telephoned SW to advise them of this and immediately the agent re-calculated the premium and added another £16.00 to the annual premium. When I queried this with her, she stated that this was a standard question and that I must have answered it incorrectly. I politely told her this was not the case and she offered to cancel the policy..which I gladly accepted. I assume that if I had not read the schedule, this would have been a "get out" clause for them to avoid paying any subsequent claim!! I have not been able to find another insurance company that has asked this question as "standard" and when I ask them, they all say it's irrelevant!! Having read some of the other reviews about this company, all I would say is "BEWARE..BEWARE..BEWARE!!" P.S. am now awaiting premium refund with fingers firmly crossed!

“'Home Emergency' ”

written by Rippedorf on 03/03/2013

I had had a claim turned down for a gas leak from the back of a fire which is almost impossible to reach without knocking part of the wall down. They point blank refused to honour my 'Home Emergency'claim. I would never use Sheila's Wheels or Esure it's parent company again. Be careful with your payments though or you will find yourself paying for another year's renewal with this awful company.

“appaling customer service.”

written by on 26/01/2013

Non transparency about renewal if you pay by direct debit.Was told if I showed I had renewed elsewhere no charges would be made, however charging continues saying I have a dual policy. Would avoid doing business ever again.