FRF Motors Toyota, Swansea Reviews

• Customer service

FRF Motors Toyota, Swansea - Ask a question now

“Superb Customer Service”

written by AlanandJayne12 on 15/11/2023

The friendly professional service was first class. There was no pressure to purchase just a desire to provide accurate information for a level headed decision to be made. This was such a positive experience. We purchased our first Toyota vehicle and are delighted with it and the customer service provided. Thank you

“Banned from their fourcourt - I'm off to Renault ”

written by AvoidFRFToyota on 16/11/2016

Travelled 36 miles ( Milford haven to Carmarthen ) to look at a Toyota Yaris for my driving school and a Fiesta for my wife - parked outside the premises and walked over to a Fiesta in the well lit fourcourt - within 30 secs a loud tannoy blasted out - leave the fourcourt or police would be called - shocked isn't the word- unbelievable ,,,,,,!,,,,!,,, they have just potentially lost k20 worth of sales - please avoid FRF like the plague - 13 reviews all 1 star - avoid - A V O I D - AVOID

“Incompetent”

written by on 04/11/2016

The car was booked in for four faults. I was told that they couldn't rectify the tracking before charging me for two unnecessary front tyres (I still have the two tyres as proof)! Then they wanted to charge me a over inflated price to rectify the tracking (£99 against £20 from a tyre specialist). They couldn't make their mind up as to what the groaning noise was, firstly they told me it was the ABS, and later they decided to change it to the turbo, place your suggestions a hat, and I will close my eyes and pick one)! The most serious fault was the car losing power and cutting out for no reason. They just simply said they had no idea what it was, or what it could possibly be!? I was told they had tested my car radio SatNav system with a Micro SDcard, and that it was fully working, only to be told later that they didn't have one to test it with? Their total lack of competence staggers belief, and these are the people we are not only trusting our vehicles with, but also our and other peoples' livesand safety. Needless to say I will not be going back. I will leave you make up your own minds...

“Poor service”

written by Carleet191 on 24/02/2015

Having been involved in a RTA FRF Repairs centre were inlisted as a service repair centre to complete the necessary reapirs. Having been advised via answerphone message and text that the car would be repaired by certain date and FRF liaseing with said car rental firm to confirm the date. I arrived at at end of working day only to be told the car was not yet ready. I then had to complete the necessary phone calls with the car rental company and insurance to ensure that whilst my vehicle was being repaird I would still have the use of a hire car. The customer service has been poor. With from line staff lacking in empathy and vacant in their approach. I was told the next day that the new parts had arrived and the car was ready. On inspection not only had the car not revived a valet but there were shards of glass still left from the RTA. This then became a safety concern rather then cosmetic. When competing the customer satisfactory form I stated this. No apologies offered. The finishing product was poor in terms of general repairs in my view the job was not completed thoroughly. My insurance company then had to contact FRF to look at resolving this situation. When transferred via phone call to FRF I was meat with the question "is there still glass in the car?" No instant apology. I was advised there was a new cleaner and deflected with this excuse. The matter being the car should have been inspected abd cleaned prior to handover. At my inconvenience I was told I could come back to have valet. In my opinion and what I believe to be good customer service to complete the job this should have been done. I would not recommend this service. What has been a terrible ordeal for the RTA this was the finishing product.

“Complete idiots.”

written by Fitz182 on 17/12/2014

Friday 12th December – Corsa is booked in for diagnostics test, Vehicle dropped off at FRF at the requested time, 08:30, advised that I would be called as soon as an update is available. After waiting 4 hours without a response, I called FRF only to be told that they did not have an update for me and that they would call me on my mobile shortly. I waited until 16:45, without receiving a phone call – only to be told that the fault has been found with the ERG & glow plug, however, they did not have the parts available and I would need to the car back. Arranged to bring the car at 08:00 on Tuesday 16th December. – Why did I have to wait until 16:45? My car had been dropped off at 8:30!? If the test had been done in the morning - they may have been able to get the parts the same day, avoiding the need for me to bring the car back and take time off work. Saturday 13th December – I receive an email and a text message advising me that my car had been booked in for Monday 15th December! – This is the incorrect day, we had arranged to bring the car in on Tuesday, due to my child-care arrangements. I then attempt to contact the FRF Service desk on several occasions between 12:00 – 14:00 to fix the mistake made by your member of staff, however there was no answer. Determined to ensure I was able to have my car booked in for Tuesday (as I had already arranged time off work)- I drive 21 miles from my Home in Kidwelly only to be told by the sales desk that the service department is closed for the weekend – Clearly your priorities lie with your new customers rather than your existing ones! Monday 15th December – I call the Service Desk at 08:00! On my day off – I explain that a mistake had been made, the car is then booked in for Tuesday 16th – The staff member showed no empathy & offered no apology for the error! An example of great customer service. Tuesday 16th December – The car is dropped off at 08:00, as requested. I wait until 14:00 until I call the service desk to ask for an update. However, there isn’t one; I am told once again that I will be called back soon. 16:45 - as I expected, no call back, I call the service desk once again – I am told that my car won’t be ready and that it will have to stay in the garage overnight in order for the work to be completed in the morning. I ask the member of staff if I can borrow a courtesy car in order to make the 21 mile journey home only to be told that they don’t have any available! I then suggest that the garage pays for my taxi home – I’m placed on hold, 5 minutes later & miraculously the car is available to be picked up at 17:30! The attitude of almost every staff member I had dealings with has been absolutely disgusting, no empathy, no apology, just excuses, passing the buck and blaming other individuals. It seems that if you are a new customer they will bend over backwards to help you, but should you have a problem with your existing Vauxhall you are treated like a second class citizen.

“Awful - I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing ”

written by Munro282 on 24/11/2014

Following the purchase of both a new car (private) and having a vehicle still under a Vauxhall warranty (company vehicle). I can say without hesitation it is the worst customer experience I have encountered. Normally I would try and remain impartial and consider my experiences are isolated – although on doing some more research I have picked up dozens of negative reviews with similar issues! I would strongly encourage anyone to do a little research on FRF Swansea before considering purchasing a car / service work. A very quick summary includes – unsafe work, negligent damage, refusing to undertake warranty work and unbelievably attempting to charge for service work that had not been provided While this may not be the last Vauxhall I own – it will without doubt be the last time I deal with FRF Swansea

“Very poor service support”

written by jwn985p on 09/11/2014

I've owned so may cars and driven over one million miles so when it comes to any car issue I know what I'm talking about. Everytime I have the car serviced, they say this is wrong, that is very dangerous etc etc....then I find out on close inspection that there was no need to carry outthe work. Oh you've got a screw in your tyre and its too close to the edge to be able to repair, so I told them don't worry I'll sort it, so I take to my local garage they fix it, 100mm from the shoulder.....is this a crime. Next service all yous disc are worn, the car is too dangerous to drive.....really....Itake it to my local garage, they change the front discs after 9,000 miles and the rear disc are still ok 20,000 miles one......I don't trust them, I only take there for the warranty....

“Law breakers”

written by Lindsayi333 on 20/05/2014

Told me it was okay to drive a per-reg car without a tax-disc for 2 weeks, lucky I checked when I got home with the DVLA! Should have learnt from them the last time! Never again.......

“Cant prove they scuffed the car but sure they did!”

written by 479Clarke on 23/04/2014

I got a car from theses guys back in 2012 the car as been really good dont get me wrong, but they have been trying to get me to buy a new car after only 2 years and when i went there they some how after looking at my car a scuff got on the bonnet! never seen it before but they said about the scuff now i see it! strange one.

“DISGUSTING AFTER SALE SERVICE!!!!!!!”

written by KateThomas94 on 14/04/2014

I have got a Toyota aygo bought on finance in 2011. Ever since day one I have had problems with the car- rusted wheel nuts on the day that I picked the car up, been in garage more than 4 times for a water leak that now after two years im hoping has been resolved! Now I have another problem!!! Constant ticking noise in my engine when accelerating, took it to Toyota and they said its fine just because the car is a 2yr old now its noisy- RUBBISH!!! Had an independent mechanic to look at it and he could point out the fault straight away! Toyota seen a woman turn up to buy the car and palmed me off with a 10,000pound car that has mechanical faults from day 1! terrible after service! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE!!!!! DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!

“Bad company to deal with”

written by theo46 on 07/12/2013

Went to look at Toyota Hybrid...was told, we have lovely one in Bridgend ( we were dealing with Swansea) pay £100 deposit. This just secures us to bring the car down, and if you don't like the car you can have the money back...what a complete lie...wife was in two minds, so we left it for few days..wife decided, she didn't want the car..they have kept the money..refusing to give it back...they had sent the car for service...even though no decision was made....Never again will we use or recommend this company...and will never part with a deposit to see any..a very expensive lesson learnt!!

“By far the worst company i have ever dealt with”

written by on 06/06/2013

I made the mistake of buying a used Corsa from these people last year and have regretted it ever since, the after care is non existent and we were made to pay for a new set of locking nuts as the ones supplied at the point of purchase were not the right ones, when i challenged this they made me feel like i was lying and i had somehow lost the right ones and replaced them with a differnt set (all in a FRF box with serial numbers ect). They told me they could not trace this set and we need to have a new set. The older lady on the main service desk was un-welcoming to say the least and very dismissive of my issue, she has literally no customer service skills (which is amazing considering her job) and only wanted to move me along and get my money. I work in customer services and if i went about my job as she does i wouldn't have one. I also have found out since from the people i work with that they all have had dealing and all avoid the place like the plague which i will also now be doing myself. AVOID

“Would never buy off frf vauxhall if I had my time again!!”

written by nothappy08 on 11/09/2012

Part exchanged my car there aug 2012, the sales person Jeff couldn't have been more helpful. There were a few issues with the car, few dents on side, chips on bonnet etc but was promised by Jeff that all this would be done before the car was delivered to us. Well after signing for the car we have been treated so badly. The dents and chips were never done for us, we have had to chase up Jeff and I have been made to feel like a nuisance everytime I have rang to talk to him and been fobbed off and put through to different departments. He finally arranged for the chips to be done but after taking my car down to the garage 4 times we still havent had dents done and it doesnt look like we will either. The last time I took car in he was so rude he was texting on his phone, didnt talk to me just took keys off me and turned away and gave one of his colleagues a look. I am 7 months pregnant and was with my 2 year old and was just left there standing outside without any info on when car will be ready or anything, I again had to chase after him to ask when car would be ready. Also when I asked how much first payment would be, Jeff told me it would be £132 ( what we arranged ) but in actual fact it was £300 and that was for admin fee, which was never mentioned. When we mentioned this to Jeff he tried to blame a guy we had never even met! I f I had my time again I would never have bought a car from Frf vauxhall, they do everything to get a sale and promise allsorts but once you sign they don't want to know.. Would definately not recommened anyone buying a car off them and stay well clear of the sales person JEFF!!!

“Unbelievable bad service I have tried to buy some...”

written by on 08/07/2010

Unbelievable bad service I have tried to buy some parts and they never delivered even I have paid for parts !!!

“After sales service does not exist with this company. ...”

written by on 23/04/2010

After sales service does not exist with this company. They will fob you off any chance they get. They certaintly won't resolve any problem you find once you've parted with your cash. Doesn't matter whether you have a warrenty or not - they're not interested. Got your money - sod off is the attitude.