Trip Advisor Reviews - www.tripadvisor.co.uk

Summary

Trip Advisor is now one of the largest and most popular travel sites. Here at Review Centre we have reviews about the website, enabling you to draw comparisons between Trip Advisor and the other travel sites out there. Have you used the site? Share your experience with other travellers by writing your own review.
Trip Advisor www.tripadvisor.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Trip Advisor www.tripadvisor.co.uk

Trip Advisor www.tripadvisor.co.uk

“Amazing service served by Drino ”

Written on: 21/04/2022 by 139Monaghan (1 review written)

We got an amezing ibis hotel nearby London Heathrow

“When bad things happen”

Written on: 13/10/2019

My sister and I were traveling from Eastern NE to Western CO when we hit a large animal and our plans changed in an instant We had reservations on a prepaid room at the best western in Fort Morgan the man that took our call was wonderful .I will remember that when we choose to travel again. We also had wonderful experiences with Big Red Towing in North Platte NE. He picked us up at 4 AM took us to where we could see where the car would be showed us where the rental car places were so we wouldn't be stranded for long looked up phone numbers for us to contact them and returned us to the truck stop. I would also like to say that Thrifty car rental was very good at helping us they picked us up helped us with the paperwork made arrangements for us to return the car Even the Lincoln county sheriff deputy was very good dealing with a couple of very shook up travelers. I would definetly deal with all of these people again if the need ever arose again

“Walk past this one.”

Written on: 03/10/2019 by Zackc309 (1 review written)

We visited the Palio Arhontiko Creative Cretan Cuisine restaurant in September 2019. Do not be fooled by the fancy title,this place was our worst dinning experience for a long time. We ordered our food. On arrival my wife and friends meals were cold she asked discretely for it to be heated up. The owner took the food away without apology and with a scowl on his face.The food was returned but had not been heated sufficiently, or at all. My wife was part way through her meal when the owner decided to clear the table. She said excuse me but I have not finished. He replied in a sarcastic and laboured tone "You (pause) take your time." grinning as he walked off. This man was the most obnoxious person we encountered whilst visiting Crete. The Cretans are really nice people sadly this man lets his fellow countrymen down. He obviously requires training in customer service as he cannot rely on his personality.

“cuddie brae”

Written on: 23/05/2019 by Johnboy15 (1 review written)

visited this restaurant tonight after being closed for refurbishment and I have to say it has been done very pleasantly .The food was excellent with there being nothing too much for staff and especially who were very pleasant and very helpful especially to the child we had with us, she was treated like a proper lady. food was well cooked and presented with more than sufficient to eat would recommend the Cuddie Brae for pleasant helpful friendly staff

“Untrustworhty staff”

Written on: 03/04/2019 by stephanieellison (1 review written)

I recently stayed here when I came to watch the UFC at the 02. I checked out of the hotel on the sunday around dinner time, when I got on my train at 3:30 I realised that I had left my toiletry bag in the bathroom in the room of the hotel, this bag had my 2 pandora braclets in it. I contacted the hotel who said northing had been handed to the reception so I had to speak to the supervisor the following day. Speaking to them the day after I was told again that nothing had be handed in to the lost and found by house keeping. When I asked how I could take matters furthur I was told that it wouldnt be the cleaner who took it it would be another guest, to which I pointed out that the housekeeping staff are the first people to enter the room snd therefore it could only of been them who took it. After alot of trouble I got through to customer services who reassured me they would investigate, after 2 weeks I have been told that they have spoken to the member of staff who have claimed nothing was left in the room and therefore the case is closed. I am disgusted that someone could be so dishonest and slso that the hotel could be so unhelpful, the next step is to involve the police. I will never stay at a travel lodge hotel again!!

“Useful resource”

Written on: 07/09/2018 by Kimpa (11 reviews written)

I was attracted to this site by the fact that here you can read reviews of real people at different places, restaurants and so on. Gradually, I myself started writing reviews so that other people knew about good and bad moments. It is very useful - to find out information about the institution, especially when you come to another country.

“Great site for travel if you sift through reviews”

Written on: 07/07/2018 by KevinW2 (3 reviews written)

I've been using Trip Advisor both as a reader and contributor for many years now. The website (desktop presentation) at times annoys me and doesn't seem to do exactly what I want but it's all about the data. Trip Advisor generally has a lot of useful reviews and some will make your business travel or holiday far more pleasant. Reading the reviews and I emphasise reading has saved me a few times. Hotels above clubs with booming bass - avoided. It's allowed me to quickly distinguish between two adjacent restaurants in a typical marina tourist trap, one was mediocre, the other was excellent - a tourist judging by appearance alone would have thought both were very similar. I don't think it always deals well with changes in management but perhaps that's a bigger discussion about branding. I've had a drink in the bar of a hotel which I had avoided staying in - the reviews showed a clear trend of a Fawlty-esque owner. I did take a gamble on one hotel with a small number of poor reviews. I think in that case there was a staffing issue which had been dealt with by the time I stayed. A small number of places have duplicate entries too particularly when they sit across two categories. There are a few dubious reviews in there but they appear easy to spot. The commercial value of the simplistic scoring has been realised by many restaurants and hotels now so you have to be careful and not put too much credence in the overall score. I think Trip Advisor do themselves a disservice by not using a more advanced weighting algorithm. The owner replies can also tell you a lot about the business. I can think of one tour company in the Southern Hemisphere who give excellent tours but also have/had one guide who some tourists find abrasive. The owner certainly lets rip on any complaints! Very unconventional and useful to know in advance. I treat it as 90% review site and 10% travel ideas and ignore all the booking/sales related stuff, so can't comment on that.

“Got wrong tickets for Westminster abbey ”

Written on: 28/06/2018 by Foxkp197 (1 review written)

Arrived at Westminster with voucher and in small letters were written the words. For 2 children. We were two seniors! We had to pay twice because original tickets for two had to be discarded! I will continue to write this review and advise friends not to use this company Can we get a refund. Probably not!

“Solway tours”

Written on: 19/02/2018 by Johnjudi (1 review written)

GreT tour company. The two men I dealt with are both historians and their knowledge of Scotland is unbelievable. They have a great touring van with very large windows so it is easy to view the countryside as you are travelling. Spent 4 days with them. Great people.. Highly recommend their services. Saw so much and learned so much. We did our touring the 1st week in October and our daughter in law had made all the arrangements

“Customer support useless”

Written on: 22/12/2017 by Chandler386 (1 review written)

Have tried for 4day's to book some accommodation on trip advisor,still unable to book.Called customer support at least 4 times,promised call back still waiting.Would I use again very unlikely.Would I recommend also very unlikely.

“A tranquille mountain experience with a wonderful...”

Written on: 16/12/2017 by Mjf212 (1 review written)

Our initial phone reception was very helpful. We saw the beautiful photos and the gentleman who spoke with us made it all seem so real. We found it easy to get to from the town of San Juan del Sur and once there we stayed in awe. The property is so well kept. We must have taken a hundred photos of the buildings, pool and landscape. The service was very personal and our breakfast was delicious. We returned to New York last week and our best friends have already booked a week for next year.

“ TRAVELODGE LONDON DOCKLANDS - hotel in LONDON, UK”

Written on: 18/11/2017 by marilena (1 review written)

In am from Romania, Galati. I was in this hotel this week, for 3 nights. The conditions of the hotel were excellent. The room was clean, spacious, with a great bathroom. The personal was VERY-VERY OK. Very kindle, very polite, nothing to comment! We had breakfast: very complete, all we wanted, everything was very good and very fresh. A big OK for this Hotel in LONDON!!!!

“Fall Foliage Getaway”

Written on: 03/11/2017 by KatherineLacroix339 (1 review written)

The Inn was decorated in good taste. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We especially liked the service from the two people I dealt with . Cloe to shopping in Manchester and fine dining,too

“First class accommodation and service”

Written on: 31/10/2017 by VRCBQ (1 review written)

Spent two weeks enjoying the hotels hospitality received from senior members of the main restaurant, reception and Guest Relations office. This was the second visit this year simply because of the previous visits excellent service provided. Have nil adverse comments regarding all aspects of the hotel. Have scheduled a return visit in 2018

“Sherry Neatherland Hotel”

Written on: 29/10/2017 by Cassandra387 (1 review written)

Just got back from Ny, stayed at the Sherry. This was a wonderful experiencet the front desk was incredible. All the employees at the Sherry were helpful and courteous. I highly recommend the Sherry for a fantastic experience. I loved the location and attention to detail that the hotel offers.

“Sunday Lunch at the Red Lion, Greater Wratting”

Written on: 24/10/2017 by GraemeGee (1 review written)

Wow what a Sunday lunch in fantastic surroundings. The Restaurant is decorated with numerous pigs....statues, piggy banks, paintings, brass ones...big and small, etc. Can you count how many? We got to several hundred ! Enjoy a wonderful roast with excellent veggies. Afterwards go into the bar for a meal and talk with the man there!

“Lovely in Beverly Hills”

Written on: 19/10/2017 by LanaJones1973 (1 review written)

Beverly Hills Hotel does not disappoint. Great service and attractive decor. We are in a Deluxe Junior Suite. Large suite with huge bath! The shower is amazing! Very Very private and peaceful! Will stay again! Eat in the Fountain Grill....Yum Yum

“NOT 5 STAR”

Written on: 14/10/2017

DISAPOINTED WITH HOTEL OVERALL NOT 5 STAR MORE 3 STAR ROOM WAS OK SPACIOUS ENOUGH FOR 3 ADULTS BUT APART FROM BREAKFAST WHICH WAS NICE EVERYTHING ELSE FOOD DRINKS WERE NOT NICE SO WE ATE OUT ALL THE TIME WHEN I ASKED FOR BRANDY I WAS OFFERED WHISKY THEY ONLY HAD RAKI VODKA OR WHISKY WINE WAS AWFUL ENTERTAINMENT WAS BINGO WHICH TOOK FOR EVER OR SOME OTHER AMINATION WHICH WASNT GREAT ON THE PLUS SIDE THE HAIRDRESSER WAS GOOD AND THE SPA we did have lovely weather thank goodness but overall would not go back

“Margaritaville Resort Hollywood Fla”

Written on: 12/10/2017 by YasmineFox (1 review written)

Despite the nasty weather my vacation at this resort was awesome. I need to give many cheers, thanks. Despite a tropical depression that snuck it's way into my vacation I must admit the entire staff turned my frown upside down. Every single employee was happy,kind,helpful & willing to go the extra mile at all times. Aspecial shout out to the lady at the Tiki Hut!When the weather got bad she stood in front of the Margaritaville restaurant & taught herself to juggle! Bet she is a pro at it by now. Of course I really did have the best cheeseburger in paradise & the chocolate was so good I had 4 pieces ( but not all at once). I will be back!!

“Gamboa Tour Panama Canal Expansion”

Written on: 10/10/2017 by Poolesz317 (1 review written)

Our Cordial Bilingual Tour Guide arrived on time at the Bristol Hotel and proceeded to Colon where we visited the Gatum Locks. During our drive to Colon he gave us a history of the Panama Canal and also timed our visit to the locks to ensure we were able to see a super tanker approach and entered the locks. We were able to see the ship pass through three sets of locks en-route to the Caribbean Sea. Our guide was very laid back and not in a rush. After viewing the Locks, we toured the town of Colon and our guide ensured that we safely boarded the train for the trek back to the Panama City Train Station. Our Guide drove back to Panama City and was waiting for us at the station as we disembarked and took us back to our Hotel. Our tour guide made the 7 hour tour very memorable, comfortable and safe and would definitely recommend Gamboa tours to others. This was our 2nd excellent experience with Gamboa Tours in Panama.

Asked by almunga on 22nd November 2017 Report this content
How do you rate negligence of security and safety in a pub?

Asked by marleneparkinson on 31st August 2016 Report this content
I am going on a cruise to Vietnam and Cambodia. Should I book excursions with the ship or are there lots of safe taxis at the Port?

Asked by Mardav666 on 29th December 2015 Report this content
Can you tell me if it is ok for the property owner to ask for a damage deposit to be paid directly to them rather than through Trip Advisor?