• Signal Coverage

O2 - www.o2.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for O2 - www.o2.co.uk

“Not fit for purpose”

Written on: 31/08/2022 by AryanaArmstrong (1 review written)

Did not even want to give 1 star. Wherever I go, I constantly get calls dropping or bad signal. Called them yesterday to complain, as service is not fit for purpose.I am in Selsey & signal is just bad bad, bad. Do not join this crowd as you will be disappointed.

“Disgusting overall”

Written on: 03/02/2022 by AedanGraves482 (1 review written)

Absolutely disgusting company. Their customer service is the worst I’ve experienced, for a complaints manager to ignore your situation, emails & calls. Had an issue with using the 4G I pay for, never worked but was told I either have to pay out of my own pocket to have the device fixed, pay off remaining balance of £300+ or just cope when the issue was with their service. Absolutely disgusting how they treat their customers & ignore them. Issue was going on for over 1 year & having to repeat the issue as kept being passed onto another staff member & no resolution was given & complaints manger ignored me.

“Deleted my number”

Written on: 15/01/2022 by 1968Hayes (1 review written)

O2 transferred my number to someone else without my permission and were unable to reverse their mistake. Hold times exceed 30 minutes and when you do eventually speak to an overseas call centre they cannot assist and refuse to put you through to the customer care dept. Even their complaints dept dont respond despite emails saying they will respond within 5 days. As a result of their incompetence I have had to contact banks doctors, insurers etc. To advise my new phone number which has been a mammoth task. If you value your sanity you will transfer to another provider immediately as the consequences of staying with O2 are high stress levels and weeks of pain!

“This was a nightmare”

Written on: 26/03/2021 by Argos85 (1 review written)

I strongly advise not to take O2 as sercice provider of any kind! I have been using O2 for a 2 years with bo issues, yes, coverage speed and quality way below ee or vodafone, but it was okay for me. Suddenly, I had some rabdom purchase added to my account! I have contacted o2 refarding this mistake, they apologised etc.. They suddenly closed my old accounts with them, just because I haven't paid for something I never bought, for their mistake. It took 8 months and ombudsman service for them finaly to close that mistake and compensate me! I have decided never again to use O2 services and wanted to pay for my actual closed accounts and move away. It was a nightmare! They messed up all numbers, couldn't provide information about how to pay it, they had no idea how much too! All they gave me some random numbers without any explanation! And when I paid it, they sold it to 3rd party debt collectors! How? It is all paid and they sell some random stuff? Try to talk to them, pointless. They just ignore you. Basically, there is no one to talk to anymore. I wanted to cover all what I owe to O2 and they made it nightmare by creating random numbers and ruining credit file, selling already paid accounts. If you really value quality and your time, you bot going to look at any Telefonica operations. BTW, Telefonica aka O2 were penalised by Ofcom for overcharging customers for things they never bought too. Don't go to O2!

“Unbelievable Incompetence”

Written on: 19/08/2020 by Domreview (1 review written)

I had 3 contracts with o2 which were closed 8 months ago, I went to a competitor after persistent issues. Around 5 months ago I started receiving debt collection letters and the O2 account on my credit file was listed in arrears. o2 admitted fault, promised to log my complaint, have my credit file amended and refund me. I even spoke to a manager who did not do anything she said she would. Every time I call the last person has not listed any notes, no complaint has been logged, not actioned the correction on my credit file. The most incompetent company I have ever experienced. Their complaint dept has been closed since April apparently

“Disgusting Customer Service and a Terrible Company!”

Written on: 09/10/2019 by LydiM (1 review written)

So I attempted to take an O2 contract out on 07/10/19 in the evening and I never thought I was about to go down a long road filled with lies, timewasting and just extremely poor and unacceptable customer service. So starts the evening of 07/10 where I try to purchase a mobile phone contract online. The first hurdle I came across is that it was not accepting any of my cards, I used 2 debit cards and 2 credit cards, all with funds and they all declined. I then started an online chat to see if it was their issue, which is was and I was told to use a different browser to process this. I went to do this and the payment went through with the extra delivery charge for next day delivery. I received all the confirmation emails and it seemed like everything was fine. The advisor on the live chat said my order as been “referred” and asked me to call a premium rate number to sort this. He confirmed to me that once I call this number they will be able to deal with this referral straight away and get my order cleared. So I begrudgingly rang this premium rate number only to be told that I will receive a call back within 48 hours to go through my referral and there was nothing she could do right there and then? The call ended and I went back to the online chat and explained this to the advisor and also said that I have just paid an extra delivery cost for next day delivery and now it could take another 3 working days before it’ll appear, depending on when the “referral team” bother to ring me back? He explained that was all he could and I would get a refund on my delivery if the item was not delivered on the designated slot.. So I ended the chat and just had to wait for this call. The morning of 08/10, I received a call from a number that my phone flagged up as “fraudulent” and an advisor was on the phone saying they were from O2, they didn’t ask any security questions or any normal customer service chat (how are you, how is your day etc) which I thought was weird. He then asked “Has your order gone through” of which I replied “Yes I have my confirmation email”. He replied with “Thanks, bye” and then hung up? I didn’t give out any bank details or anything but that was a really poor call, was that the referral call that I’ve been waiting for? Does that mean my phone will be dispatched and received today? Who knows?! So as I had no idea on the status of my order, I rang O2 Customer Service and spoke to an advisor who said no you’re still waiting for a call from the referral team and this will be within 72 hours. So now the time has somehow increased by a further 24hours so I might not get my phone for another 4 working days, even though it’s meant to be here today! I left the call at that as I wasn’t prepared to argue at that point. I checked my bank and I noticed that 3 payments of £28.99 (down payment and delivery fee) had been taken out of my account so again I am back on the phone to the O2 Customer Service team in the evening of 08/10. A advisor said that they will get that all refunded and two of the payments are just trial payments to make sure I have the funds in my account, well I bloody well don’t now that you’ve charge me triple what I should have paid! As I was on the phone, I thought I’d check my order status again. This time, I was told my order seemed fine and has actually been dispatched for delivery for tonight! I said I had no tracking information or anything to confirm this but she was adamant that my order was fine and my delivery will be between 6pm and 10pm on 08/10. I had a bit of hope at this point. Around 7pm on 08/10 I rang O2 Customer Service again as I wasn’t sure when my item was being delivered so was hoping for some tracking information. The guy on the phone turned around to me and said your item hasn’t been dispatched as it’s out of stock. Out of stock!?! Why let customers order items for next day delivery if it’s OUT OF STOCK!! I was put on hold for a while as he had obviously read the notes from my previous conversations and realised this order had been a mess from the get-go. When he came back, he then turned around and said that the item is now in stock and I can get it delivered by 09/10. He said that it was all fine and all he needed to do is call the warehouse first thing on 09/10 to let them know to have the delivery from 6pm to 10pm as that is what I originally wanted. So at this point I finally thought it was all sorted… Come the morning of 09/10, the advisor from last night rang me to say he is still in contact with the warehouse and will contact me within the hour. I did receive a call back from him within the hour however he told me my phone won’t be dispatched because it is in fact still out of stock… He said they’re not looking to get it back in stock for the next 7-10 working days.. Brilliant! He then says well I can go and collect it in store, but it won’t be my local store, it’ll be 16 miles away so a 32 mile round trip then.. He advised me all I needed was my order number that he supplied me and I can go and collect it and he will put it through as a click and collect order, but they don’t have the colour I want as it’s out of stock. At this point I didn’t care, I just wanted my item so off I went to the O2 store 16 miles away.. When I got there, I explained the situation to the advisor and he said he hadn’t received any click and collect order so they will need to set me up a whole new order and then cancel my other order. So we went through all my details again that I had already input online, he had to read me all the legal stuff that I had already read when I purchased online on 07/10.. After all that, he then took my bank details to sort out the contract and now I’ve been declined due to my credit. Most likely because I only just took a phone contract out 2 days ago.. I would be suspicious too but the fact is it’s their bloody contract I took out! So he called O2 Customer Service but he didn’t seem to have any direct number so we were sat on hold for around 8 minutes, got through to someone and then got cut off. So the advisor rang again and this time we were on hold for nearly 20 minutes before getting through to someone. He spoke to advisor on the phone about the situation and after discussing it with him, I was then advised there is nothing further they can do unless I buy the phone outright and have a sim only contract. As you can imagine, I was pretty fuming at this point as I was told by the guy this morning that it would be fine so I just walked out of the store. So after driving another 16 miles back home, I am currently without a phone, out of pocket by £86.97 and I’ve wasted a good few hours of my time talking to these useless people, being lied to and then being told to drive to go pick up a phone that hasn’t actually been ordered for me. I have put in a complaint but I’ve been advised this can take a week to deal with.. of course it’s on their own time. All in all, O2 are shocking and I will never use them again and I will tell everyone I know about this but god help anyone who has to go through the same situation that I have had to!

“Bad customer service ”

Written on: 08/09/2019 by alexneon (1 review written)

OXFORD STREET, LONDON,  The team that worked at this branch on Saturday late afternoon 07.09.2019, are the worst customer support anyone can ever wish to be served with. Can you imagine being told that there is no one to serve you and then you see 2 of the their staff chatting away in front of the shop for over 5 minutes! I was left unattended for over 10 minutes while someone on the telephone over from the o2 support begged them to simply cross check & identify my details! Eventually I had to just leave the shop without being served! I have been a customer with o2 for over 7 years but bad customer service was the main reason I left Vodafone, I guess it’s time for me to find another network!!!

“Poor ”

Written on: 15/08/2019 by 60Hughes (1 review written)

This company got my sale through cold calling, I then called the call centre to be met with very unpleasant nasty staff, I will never recommend or use this company again

“Poor customer service. Issue remains.”

Written on: 05/12/2017 by Suzie777 (4 reviews written)

The patronising customer service is second to none. Effort to sort problem non existent. Issue remains and I will not be renewing contract with o2. I’d advise anyone to stay well away.

“ROBBERY”

Written on: 08/10/2017 by Alex8575 (1 review written)

I was on the monthly basis and I was paying £21.00 a month, but ended up paying each month £40-65 ending up paying around £500 per year just for the SIM. Why? Because I used to call a few times to Lithuania during the month. As you would think several minutes doesn't cost you nothing. BUT....I FOUND OUT THAT THEY CHARGED ME £1.50 PER MINUTE. PER MINUTE. Can you believe it? I can't call it other name as TOTAL ROBBERY.

“Easy and straightforward upgrade”

Written on: 04/10/2017 by Davies1066 (3 reviews written)

Having been messed around so badly by Carphone Warehouse in seeking a new contract I decided to stay with O2 who made the process straightforward and very easy. They offered me the exact same contract that I had from Carphone Warehouse but the way their customer services team dealt with me was in a different world. Carphone Warehouse treated me like an absolute gourd whilst O2 courteous polite and efficient. I have been with O2 for six years now and I've learnt to appreciate that the cheapest deal doesn't necessarily give you the best service so I should be probably staying with them for years to come

“Enter details of problems on Trustpilot as welll”

Written on: 29/09/2017 by coventrian69 (1 review written)

I have been having a nightmare with O2 and Contract Phones and they fail to respond to communications. In order to bring their position down the list from six to even lower end details of your one star rating on Trustpilot as well My last communication with them was first thing this morning and now I am being ignored again. Look on the right hand side of the O2 site and you will find the email address of the European Directors. Send your email to them both and the UK CEO, full details of the problems I have had are on Trustpilot Make sure that you keep him informed of all the problems, things will then seem to get sorted within 24 hours and not their five days

“Hard Sell”

Written on: 24/08/2017 by Colind278 (1 review written)

Customer services rang trying to sell me new offers, The caller would not accept that i am happy with the current agreement and accused me of wasting money, I am a pay as you go customer and do not wish to give my details. He was not the least bit interested in what i had to say, I have been with O2 for more than ten years but when my credit runs out i shall be changing to another company, These hard sell calls from Manchester are too much.

“Disgusting and despicable customer service”

Written on: 24/07/2017 by Runrig500 (4 reviews written)

My Father in law has been diagnosed with terminal cancer so my wife travelled to France on 11th July. Since being there her phone has failed, i therefore bought an O2 pay as you go and topped it up with £20 I then on Saturday requested a port in of her existing number and was given a date of 24/7 by online chat. I found a flight for this evening for my son yo take the phone over to France and before booking had another online chat with one oft your representatives who said here was no problem it would definitely be done and no too worry, she even explained that her Grandfather had died of cancer so she knew what we were going through and there would be no issue. We then get a text saying it will not port until 25/7 when the phone will be out of the UK so the port will fail……… How dare you change the date after I double checked with your live chat, they are hopeless and despicable liars. I have now paid for a flight that is useless as was required to get the phone to my wife so she could make arrangements for her dying father, are you going to reimburse the flight so i can buy a new one for tomorrow? Your customer service is shocking to the core and I await a response as to why you cannot port the existing number as agreed today.

“Never buy from O2, incompetence convined with indifference”

Written on: 05/07/2017 by JohnPembridgeHore (2 reviews written)

My phone crashed on Sunday 25th June, I went into the O2 store in Richmond on Monday 26th who took the phone in and said it would take between 5-10 days to repair. I was not offered an loan phone. I went into the Richmond O2 store today to find out what was happening with my phone, the staff put me through to the repair centre. The repair centre informed me that they had only received the phone that day! 9 days later. They then said my warranty was invalid because the case was cracked, yet I have a receipt from the Richmond store saying my phone was in perfect working condition when I hand it over to them. The staff in the store where beyond unless. I contacted live chat on 02 and spoke to someone in India who said someone would get back to me in 3 day(now 12 days without a phone) I do not want apologies, just someone taking ownership and responsibility. I would have to say 02 are totally indifferent to customer issues, built on the incompetence of its staff! Go any where else but O2, Corporate arrogance personified!!

“Like New Handset”

Written on: 08/05/2017 by DeeganBuckley (1 review written)

Old Samsung phone died so thought I would try an 02 Like New IPhone5s. BIG mistake. Ended up with two tariffs which in part was my fault (although I would have thought the customer service guy could have mentioned I would have two contracts when he helped me with getting a new sim to replace my old one but hey ho. However, the real big mistake was the handset - 02 say they check them for wear and tear and on/off buttons, camera etc but not convinced they check if they actually work! Only had it month and it keeps disabling apps, sounds ie text alerts and incoming calls so I have a silent phone (really helpful) and worse still it has completly shut down three times!! Definatley a case of getting what you pay for - steer clear of a really poor service and product. Should come with a note to say 02 have checked everything.

“avoid like the plague ”

Written on: 29/04/2017 by DISGUSTED999 (1 review written)

worst customer service ever, changed my direct debit details online as they say use online when you phone them because you end up waiting ages otherwise. Now 2 days after payment should have been taken 02 text me and say payment overdue and they will charge me £3,50 if I don't pay the bill in the next 4 days. The person at customer services said they couldn't add it onto the next months payment and there was also a chance they could disconnect me of course if this happened I would then have to pay a reconnection charge. Been with 02 many years and always paid my bills by direct debit and on time. They are saying it's my fault because I should have phoned customer services to tell them what I was doing....well why make changing your direct debit details available online if it might not work correctly? Disgusted with 02 and will be finished with them forever when my contract finishes in October. As I said AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

“Wrong information provided about payment and payment...”

Written on: 09/04/2017 by 65O'Rourke (1 review written)

Wrong information provided about payment and payment was near £500 more than what it should've been!! Where has that come from?!? Customer service seem to have no idea so where the hell have they justified that!!

“The Worst Company I Have Ever Experianced”

Written on: 13/03/2017 by 437Padilla (1 review written)

Not happy at all with the services 02 are providing. Giving me wrong infomation and wrong delivery days. Also telling me a phone was been preped for delivery when the phone isnt in stock. I would advise futer customer to go with a different provider to a company who knows what there doing. Sorry fir yhe feedback but its the truth

“They are rubbish”

Written on: 04/03/2017 by Thomsonlr81 (1 review written)

Have waited over a week now to have a number ported over this has left me without a phone at a critical time Can get no sense out of their help lines really disappointing