Ragdoll Reviews

Ragdoll - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ragdoll

Ragdoll
Ragdoll

“Something Fishy it Seems”

Written on: 27/09/2020

I simply emailed and just asked a few questions once about the ragdolls in question, she was off-put by me being a responsible person asking about the health of the cats, and she straight off refused me and said she feels I'm not a good fit. Based on no information about myself or my family. Do not get from here at all. No other breeder or even shelter/rescue/adoption centre has ever 'turned me away' because I am asking responsible questions. This points to something - there's something fishy… Read Full Review

“Great experience ”

Written on: 28/03/2020 by VIckievaughan (1 review written)

We had an amazing experience with this breeder. We live an hour away, she met us half way to bring us the kitten we chose. I found the breeder very knowledgeable about cats in general, she was professional and genuinely a lovely woman. I would highly recommend this breeder… Read Full Review

“RiteRags Cattery”

Written on: 19/03/2018 by JVWeiss (1 review written)

Nearly two months ago I purchased two male kittens from this cattery. I cannot rave enough about the quality of these kittens. They are just adorable and beyond affectionate. I am a devoted ragdoll owner with as many as six ragdolls at one time, purchased from two separate catteries over the years. The quality of these kittens far exceeds any of my previous purchases. I highly recommend the person I dealt with  and RiteRags, if you wish to have a kitten that truly reflects the uniqueness… Read Full Review

Misty7179's Response to JVWeiss's Review

Written on: 23/03/2020

Do ragdoll cats shed slot?

Misty7179's Response to JVWeiss's Review

Written on: 23/03/2020

Do rag dolls shed a lot?

Read 2 Comments

“Love my Ragdoll”

Written on: 21/08/2017

Hi, I just wanted to say that this breeder is very open and honest and helpful. I would highly recommend her to any one looking for a ragdoll kitten. If you aren't sure, she will help you determine the best kitten for your family. The person I dealt with provides information and is prompt at getting back to you. I will always get my little kitties from O Canada Ragdolls. … Read Full Review

Do ragdoll shed alot

“O'Canada Ragdoll breeder”

Written on: 06/06/2016 by daCarpenter108 (1 review written)

We had an awful experience with the O'Canada Ragolls breeder in Kitchener, Ontario. She was non-communicative and deceptive as she kept us waiting for three months while the kitten grew up. Was ultimately told a number of lies where she eventually cancelled the adoption. No kitten but one heartbroken young child. I know we were not the first family to experience this unprofessional behaviour… Read Full Review

Ocanadaragdolls's Comment

Written on: 23/06/2016

Hi,
O CANADA Ragdolls apologizes for any disappointment that your family has experienced. It is not our policy to place kittens in families if they are not 100% ready to leave our cattery. This can not be rushed and is not wise for you new kitten or your family members that are anticipating a well socialized and healthy pet.
An alternative kitten was offered and when you declined, you FULL deposit was returned.
I'm sorry that you had a negative experience and hope that you were able to move past me to find loving kitten for your family in the end.
Best wishes,
Cindy Tourangeau

Ontarioragdoll's Comment

Written on: 23/06/2016

As you are fully aware, a new kitten was not offered. You had no intention of following through on your commitment. Rather, our deposit was returned, I'll give you that, but it was forced without any compensation. Very negative experience furthered by more BS.

Sarliz78's Comment

Written on: 09/09/2017

We offerred a very loving home and they refused to even consider our application because she (incorrectly) believed the kitten required a rabies vaccination to cross the Canada/US border. Kittens dont need vaccinations to cross the border. In addition, she stated that she flat out does not believe in rabies vaccination, which is in violation of Ontario law. This is soemone who proclaims she will "internationally ship a breeder-grade cat via Air Canada" yet will not adopt-out to a perfectly loving family . Please do not perpetuate the practices of someone like this.

Creamdelish's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2020

You're right. I just asked a few questions once about the ragdolls in question, she was off-put by me being a responsible person asking about the health of the cats, and she straight off refused me and said she feels I'm not a good fit. Based on no information about myself or my family. Do not get from here at all.

Cobando's Comment

Written on: 02/02/2019

I’m commenting from Vancouver, BC and would echo the comments regarding the lack of response. I inquired about potentially adopting Honeybee, one of her retired breeders and emailed in length about my home situation and how my partner and I meet her initial qualifications as well as asked about her cat’s personality and whether we could be a good match but I never received a response at all. She mentioned on her website she doesn’t reply if people don’t fill out her form but I’m not inquiring about kittens and the form is about kitten adoption. We are likely moving to Toronto and still think about this cattery but customers should at least deserve a reply esp. if they obviously spent time writing a thoughtful email. At the end of the day, I’m looking to have a good LT relationship with a breeder. I now have my first ragdoll from somebody else and she is the centre of our life, catified home, home prepared raw food diet, cat grass and all. My cat eats before I do.

Danefellows's Comment

Written on: 05/08/2018

Having purchased kittens from a lady and met with her in person, I would suggest that she is wholly committed and dedicated to the welfare of her cats and kittens. I can't imagine the amount of time needed to properly care for, nurture, and socialize so many beautiful animals 24/7 - while attending to the vast number of calls and emails she must receive, and manage a business. Yes, she is protective of her kittens and demands the best for them. I would be too if I put that much love into what I was doing. Taking that perspective, I highly recommend purchasing a kitten from her and would do so again in a heart beat.

Lovesum's Comment

Written on: 24/10/2017

Hi I wish I read your review before,

I had the SAME EXPERIENCE!

Angelnimya's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2017

Kittens have to be a certain age to leave home. Typically 3-4 months. That is a standard for all kittens, they have to be ready to leave home. Also for the rabies vaccine, ragdolls typically do not need to be vaccinated against that because they are strictly indoor cats. They are bred to be docile and lack the self defense mechanism most cats have.

Read 8 Comments

“RiverRags Ragdoll Cattery”

Written on: 19/10/2014 by SavionBailey1947 (1 review written)

We got our second ragdoll here at RiverRags and couldn't be happier with her. She is everything the breed is supposed to be and more. We came from about 250 miles away and the breeder even met up with us, saving us about 1 hour in travel time. I highly recommend this cattery if you live in the Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan area!… Read Full Review

“Your New Best Friend”

Written on: 09/04/2013 by CattDog (1 review written)

Ragdolls are undeniably the best cats ever. Want a dog but don't have room? Get a Ragdoll. Want a floppy amusing kid friendly cat? Get a Ragdoll. Ragdolls are perfect for any age, they are fun and playful, yet gentle and caring. They are definitely people cats, they love people. They are also really docile, so if you get one MAKE SURE YOU KEEP IT INSIDE! I cannot stress this enough! If they get attacked, they WILL NOT fight back. I know this from experience. (RIP Jasper 3). My 2 knew Ragdoll… Read Full Review

“A dog-like cat that is gentle and playful. ”

Written on: 10/02/2013

I've been having one myself for 2 years now. Pros: they are dog-like cats that love playing fetch, and hide and seek. They are royal and like following you around the house. I don't know other but my kitty is a floppy cat and like a cuddle in bed. She is a wise cat. When she was still a baby, she knew how to climb up and jump off the cat tree without hurting her joints after I taught her once. Cons: I disagree with others that recommend letting Ragdoll out. You can do it if you are with… Read Full Review

“I have had two Ragdoll cats. Both unique in their...”

Written on: 09/01/2013

I have had two Ragdoll cats. Both unique in their personalities but both beautiful creatures. Our original cat who is now 9 years old has always been the dominate one. She runs the house but with her playfulness and love she shows through following us around or jumping next to us for a cuddle it's not hard to see why. We often play fight with her but she has never drawn out her claws on me and if anything is to much she will nibble on your hand soft enough to not even leave a mark. She will… Read Full Review

“Happy ragdoll owner in Maryland”

Written on: 24/06/2012 by hillaryb65 (1 review written)

This breed is wonderful, I am now taken by two ragdolls that I got from a breeder called Castletopdolls in Maryland. I highly recomend this breed to anyone and our breeder was wonderful offered us healthy furr balls… Read Full Review

“Experience so far with male ragdoll kitten”

Written on: 08/06/2012 by BodesMom (1 review written)

Pros: Beautiful to look at, Super affectionate, inquisitive, extremely amenable to handling (goes "limp" when held), quirky personality, amazingly soft fur, easy to clip nails, playful and fun Cons: BIG voice! Not really a con for me but when I was researching ragdolls many breed descriptions said they tend to have "quiet, musical voices" My boy is loud and LIKES to converse with us! Personal Experience: My neutered male Bode is a Red point mitted ragdoll who was born on 1/26/12. I have had… Read Full Review

“All cats should have access to outside!!!!”

Written on: 05/04/2012

The idea that there are characteristics unique to Ragdolls which makes it best to keep them indoors is a bunch of ridiculous rubbish! I imagine it has something to do with the people wanting to feel less guilty over leaving their pet locked up. My ragdoll (like all my previous cats) goes outside everyday. I have watched him closely and yes they are a little more trusting I suppose - but now with 6 months experience in a quiet outdoor area he is just like any other cat!!! Just keep an eye on… Read Full Review

Firefly1245's Comment

Written on: 12/03/2013

You're crazy to let a Ragdoll outside! They are inside cats because of their docile natures, not because responsible owners keep them inside to ease guilty feelings. You really need to learn more about this breed of cat before you recommend that people let them outside.

Porkchop2010's Comment

Written on: 22/04/2013

Not letting any animal outside is cruelty to the animal, like humans they need sunlight for good health. We have 2 ragdolls and they go out every day, they go eat some grass, lie in the sun, play and chase things, They are very dog like and love to be around us (their family), They are a wonderful breed to have around children super tolerant of our 3 yr old pulling them around, A beautiful cat that I would recommend to anyone, just make sure and treat them like any normal cat. Very affectionate, quite vocal and will sit and "talk" to you, low maintenance....

Safecat's Comment

Written on: 02/06/2013

By confining them to a life indoors you just may be saving their life. If you haven't noticed, cats are hit by cars all the time, they have no knowledge that walking in the street could kill them, but you do!
Too sad that you put their lives in jeopardy every time you let them out!!

Saferagdolls's Comment

Written on: 12/09/2013

YES I agree - we have just lost our beautiful Layla-Rose. She was hit by a car on our quiet street last night and we will be burying her in our garden tonight. I would definitely do things differently if we could turn back the clock. She was a very adventurous kitten and lately even took to climbing onto the roof of our house and the neighbours house! But yes, she should never have been left to wander even though she loved it so much and we thought the neighbourhood and street was safe enough. Now we have lost the most lovable, affectionate, funny and playful kitten ever!!! She was only 11 months old. I agree with Safecat's comment - don't risk your Ragdolls life by letting her out without supervision!!!

Read 4 Comments

“Hi all, I have a beautiful blue mitted ragdoll named...”

Written on: 28/04/2010

Hi all, I have a beautiful blue mitted ragdoll named Georgie, he is 8 months old now and a little angel (most of the time) he definatly has his mad moments though when he scouts around the house at 100 miles an hour screaming his head off! Complete nutcase but quite amusing! I too was told they are indoor only cats but he has got a taste for the outside world and loves it, he only goes in the garden, but spends hours out there chasing butterflies and I hate to say it bees and wasps! This has… Read Full Review

“Apollo my beautiful ragdoll kitten is a sweetheart....”

Written on: 01/04/2010

Apollo my beautiful ragdoll kitten is a sweetheart. intend to cat proof the garden soon as he does enjoy playing in garden with my other kitten. I have to admit he is as bold as he is beautiful and fearless enough to walk up to strange dogs and other cats. i would never let him out to roam - anyone could pick him up and not all dogs are friendly....

my other kitten (the same age and a fracton of the size) beats him up when they play fight - Apollo is an extremly gentle giant...not that he… Read Full Review

“We have just bought a 16 week old Ragdoll kitten...”

Written on: 03/01/2009 by davelee (1 review written)

We have just bought a 16 week old Ragdoll kitten (Molly-Mae) she is so affectionate, i would highly recommend one, she as a excellent loving nature and is not shy of human affection, if your looking for a loving cat and pillow companion then a Ragdoll is for you.

Never thought a kitten could get under under my skin so much, she really has become a loved family member, Ragdoll's crave attention and love, if you can give this to them then you will have a friend for life… Read Full Review

“My Ragdoll kitten is great. I got him at 4 months old...”

Written on: 25/12/2007

My Ragdoll kitten is great. I got him at 4 months old and he is a lovebug. He loves to be with our family. He is so gentle with our two children ages 1 and 3. The girls will play with him and harass him a little, and he is totally mellow. He has nipped them, but I don't blame him. He has nipped using his teeth, but we are working on that behavior, and yes he loves to knead with his claws partially out, but if you don't like cat claws trim their nails! His got trimmed and we were going to stay… Read Full Review

Do they shed a lot!

Read 1 Comment

“I am the cat lover in the family, but having seen the...”

Written on: 18/12/2007

I am the cat lover in the family, but having seen the last of my Siamiese cats out I didn't think I could face the heartache all over again. 3 months later Teddy cat fell into my arms as a present from a friend at 1 year of age. My husband the dog lover absolutely adores him as he is indeed very dog like, or rather, I think, like a horse with claws. As to grooming, HA HA HA. How do you groom a non-cooperative cat that can twist it's back legs around over the top of it's back whilst… Read Full Review

Do they shed a lot

Read 1 Comment

“I am a total expert on this breed. Our family were...”

Written on: 20/03/2006 by darktemplar01 (1 review written)

I am a total expert on this breed. Our family were the third Ragdoll Cat breeders in England. We won a lot of rosettes for our cats. We had champions and Grand champions in England.

We have sold cats to the Sheik of Doha, who turned up in a stretched limo and two armed guards. He bought two kittens, who (although now are probably a good 15 years old), who eat off gold plates, the lucky lil souls.

we started in the 1980's, and sold up in the mid 1990's to to family reasons. The breed were… Read Full Review

Alex Grossman's Response to 234900_darktemplar01's Review

Written on: 21/04/2006

We also have a ragdoll she is called Misty and is four years old. She is absolutely adorable and very loving. She is definitely an indoor cat and loves being cuddled. She adores our 12 year old son and cries outside his room when he is away.

Misty7179's Response to 234900_darktemplar01's Review

Written on: 23/03/2020

Does the ragdoll shed a lot?

Iwantaragdoll's Response to 234900_darktemplar01's Review

Written on: 13/02/2008

Hello darktemplar01<br/>I am from Doha, Qatar and i've been trying to get a Ragdoll for a while now! they are my absolutely favorite breed of cats and i'm just dying to have one... i tried breeders in the UK, USA and Europe but they won't ship to me...i found one breeder her name is Del Anderson in Norfolk (she has shipped to Dubai which is in the Emirates and close to Qatar) but her email was out of date and her phone number was wrong. Anyways what i'm trying to say is that do you know anyone that ships internationally? Please let me know. My other option is to get a regular kitty from the petstore and i really don't want to do that because they are not very socialized.<br/>Thank you.

Read 3 Comments

“Rag dolls are amazing cats, I dont think I will ever...”

Written on: 07/11/2005 by lisaandmark (1 review written)

Rag dolls are amazing cats, I dont think I will ever own a different breed. He gets on well with my other pets inc my pet rats… Read Full Review

Misty7179's Response to 216359_lisaandmark's Review

Do they shed a lot

Read 1 Comment

“The Ragdoll is a semi longhaired giant of a cat. Be...”

Written on: 16/07/2004 by Chinablue (4 reviews written)

The Ragdoll is a semi longhaired giant of a cat. Be prepared for a male neuter when mature to be in the region of 15-22lbs, female neuters usually around 13-15lb. Breeding girls and stud boys usually weigh less than the neuters. There are three basic patterns, mitted, colourpoint and bicolour and quite a variety of colours now though the "traditional" colours are seal, blue, lilac and chocolate (newer colours are the red and cream, torties & tabbies). All ragdolls must have blue eyes - the… Read Full Review