Buy A Car Reviews - www.buyacar.co.uk

Buy A Car - www.buyacar.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Buy A Car - www.buyacar.co.uk

Buy A Car - www.buyacar.co.uk

“Satisfied and Happy!”

Written on: 28/02/2022 by michelebroc (1 review written)

I’m so happy and satisfied with them, they were very friendly and they followed up with me every step. The car was in good condition and delivered right in time! All the process was fast and easy and that’s exactly what I was looking for!

“Waste of time”

Written on: 20/02/2020 by LeeMeaden (1 review written)

The promise of having a vechile delivered and having the finance arranged by BuyACar with greater reassurance on vehicle checks sounded too good to be true and I guess it was! Initially there were issues with the mileage being incorrectly advertised. Then I was promised pictures of the van which I chased up 3times before being re-sent the one photo of the front of the van I'd been sent at the start. Eventually the pictures were sent through 3weeks later but they didn't even have one of the rear load space which I specifically asked for. I didn't bother chasing this up as I was just keen to get the van delivered by that point. On confirming the first delivery date I arranged to have the whole day off work to receive the van as BuyACar couldn't confirm a time of delivery. They proceeded to cancel the first delivery due to the service check identifying a leak. Whilst this was frustrating I appreciate these things happen and was glad it was picked up and would be repaired before getting to me. It took a few days to confirm a new delivery date at which point I again arranged a whole day off work to wait in and receive the vehicle. To be told the day before this new delivery date, a week after being re-arranged, that the part is still on order (the same excuse as the previous cancellation) was the final straw in a long process. I'm still without a vehicle and need to start my search again

“The warranty vanished”

Written on: 10/08/2018 by Londronandwiltshire (1 review written)

Bought a Range Rover for which he represented that a 2 year Landrover warranty was included. After purchase this turned out to be untrue. Life is too short to deal....

“Avoid if possible!”

Written on: 20/04/2018 by 180Anderson (1 review written)

Personally, I would not advise buying a car online without seeing it. This was the first car I went to buy online, and it is not an experience I would like to repeat. Firstly the car was misadvertised. Online the mileage showed 30,000 miles however when it was delivered it had nearly 40,000 on the clock. I also specifically asked if the car had an aux input before going ahead with the purchase, I was informed that it was checked and that it did, however on arrival this was not the case. The car was severely scratched, and although it was 4 years old, this was not wear and tear damage. There were dents all around the cars as well as a big one on the cover of one of the wing mirrors. The fog lights on the car were also severely scratched. Further there were additional problems with the car such as the power socket not working, the drinks holder not having a cover, and just having screws. All in all the vehicle was not up to standard of one for £6000. On arrival I informed Buyacar that I would not be signing the delivery note. They then pestered me all day, trying to convince me otherwise. After this when I called them the next day to ask about having my deposit refunded, I was informed that I would have to wait for the logbook to be delivered to me in the post and once I had sent that back, they would process my refund. My main problem now being, that I had not signed a logbook and on the delivery of the vehicle there was no paperwork ready to be handed over to me, meaning that somewhere my signature has been forged and someone signed the logbook on my behalf. This therefore means I listed as the owner of a vehicle that I did not purchase, own or even drive. Terrible company, very unreliable, watch out for inaccurate descriptions, I went else where and got a newer Fiat 500 with all the feature for an extra £500 along with outstanding customer service. Do not use these people, you don't know what will arrive at your door. May even report them to trading standards.

“Great service ”

Written on: 28/02/2018 by Lucyclark (1 review written)

Amazing customer service at BuyaCar, very helpful and efficient. I would defiantly recommend buying a car from them.

“ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC SERVICE ”

Written on: 18/12/2017

The car i ordered was the car i received in excellent condition. great services and friendly and professional staff. I would highy recommend buyacar to anyone looking for a great deal

“Disgusting customer service”

Written on: 27/11/2017 by Francisco293 (1 review written)

Disgusting customer service, rang at 9am (opening time) and I was promised my application would be reviewed within the hour. Rang multiple times throughout the day and kept being passed around salesman, all of whom couldn’t do anything to help me as ‘Kirk’ (the main man) was busy on the phone. I was promised over and over again I would receive a call back which never happened. They shut at 8pm and I was promised worst case I would receive a call back before then, which never happened. 11 hours later I’m sat here no further forward. My car has been organsiaed to sell, my insurance is ready the only factor letting me down is buyacar.co.uk. Do not rely on them if you are looking for a desirable car, by the time they get round to making the first phone call back to you the car you were hoping to get would have been sold. From my experience this website is only good for people who aren’t really bothered which specific car they want, rather just the colour and make in general. Waste of time. Don’t be fooled by the quick response automated emails, when it comes to speaking to a human, it’s virtually impossible.

“Great service until I started driving the vehicle ”

Written on: 11/09/2017 by Koenighr449 (1 review written)

Flawless customer service until I started driving the vehicle I purchased a B-Max from BuyaCar last week, the process was as follows: 1. Found the car I wanted on their website 2. Paid the £199 deposit 3. Had a nice chat with the person I dealt with 4. Organised my finance through them - took minutes 5. Given a delivery date 6. Received the car on the correct date and in the condition that was promised. A painless experience and a very helpful sales / operations team - who ensured that my documents were returned within 24 hours and clearly have their fingers on the pulse. The only issue faced was with the delivery driver, no phone call 1hr before pick-up and I had to go and find him as he got lost (I don't live in a big town). Then I started driving the vehicle and the experience turned very sour, Day 3: Tyre Pressure Warning Light: Stopped at a petrol station, found that all 4 tyres were woefully under inflated (10 PSI), not impressive. Day 6: Engine Oil Warning Light: Checked the oil reservoir, almost empty, I had to add over 1 litre of oil to get it back to the min level Day 7: Service warning Light: Vehicle needs a service Day 7: No Windscreen wash: Had to fill it up Phoned BuyaCar, was advised to email them with my issues, explained that I was not happy to wait with an engine oil light showing, they promised to get back to me. Called and emailed them 4 times before finally speaking with someone on Saturday who advised that the selling dealer had carried out all the relevant checks and carried out the relevant service, I pointed out that the document from the dealer said " serviced to Ford standards" which my local Ford dealer said was worthless, I requested that BuyaCar pay for a new service, they refuse to do so. I cannot believe that with so many service related issues occurring in such a short period of time that they think its acceptable to email me today and try and fob me off, all for the sake of a £250 service. The fact that the telematics show the sequence of faults and that there was clearly a problem with the vehicle, it beggars belief that I am now having to fight to get a resolution. I will update this review once the issue is resolved.

“Brilliant experience!”

Written on: 30/05/2017 by Louise.Syallus (1 review written)

initially I was nervous buying a car online. I came across buyacar and they made it look so easy- from sales to operations delivering my car. the two guys I dealt with in operations were very efficient and kept me up to date regarding my order. I received my car within a week. It drives brilliant and in lovely condition as promised. Will definitely recommend buyacar.

“Great way to buy a car !”

Written on: 27/05/2017 by SilasStuart454 (1 review written)

We thought we'd try out a new process of buying a second hand car so we choose Buyacar.com. From the time it is delived we have of course 14 days to decide it was exactly the car we ordered in the condition we expected . We could not be more delighted with our purchase from the initial customer care when we picked up the phone through to the day it was deliver to our door step by a smiley delivery man who showed us round the car and made sure we were happy with it. The service has been slick and efficient having taken two weeks from us choosing a car, to arranging the finance to it being delivered in the exact condition and spec we were promised. Great service and we are pleased to recommend to others...

“Awesome experience ”

Written on: 21/02/2017 by Camilleo407 (1 review written)

Excellent customer service. The whole process was hassle free. The car arrived exactly as described. Thank you.

“Superb!!!”

Written on: 06/06/2016 by tpd1970 (1 review written)

This was my first time buying a car online. Admittedly I was very wary about the whole thing, but it was so simple from start to finish. All I had to do was select a car sign a document and received my car two weeks later.The range and brand of cars is amazing so spoilt for choice, I was totally overwhelmed! I had dealings with two departments at Buyacar and what I will say is that they are warm and friendly, nothing was too much trouble and no question was left unanswered. Even after receiving my car (which I love ) the after care remained just as good as my first phone call from them. I have and will continue to recommend Buyacar and will most definitely be using them again myself in the future.

“Good customer service”

Written on: 03/06/2016 by Gunnzx1992 (1 review written)

Good customer service. My car was delivered as they promised. If you looking to buy your favourite car i would recommend buyacar.co.uk. thank you so much.

“Excellent service”

Written on: 01/06/2016 by Mrfntastic (1 review written)

Wow after seeing an advert online. I thought let me try. I saw my dream car at an affordable price. Fill up the buying form which was short and easy to understand. The next thing a had a call from the customer service. He was so helpful and kind throughout my purchase even after i got my they call me to find out hows my new car. I would recommend to anyone out there who wish to buy their dream car to use buyacar.co.uk. excellent staff good customer service. Keep up the good work.

“brilliant customer service”

Written on: 02/05/2016 by MacReady (1 review written)

A brilliant services with excellent staff, who helped the whole way through the purchase to find me the perfect car. Couldn't speak higher, who were always in contact to help through every step. 5 Star service.

“A great service”

Written on: 29/04/2016 by frank313 (1 review written)

Decided to try buyacar.co.uk after seeing an advert. I found the website was really helpful in terms of giving me lots of choices in an easy to use menu. As a result I was able to target a specif make, model, spec etc etc. Next I needed finance and found the team helpful in putting together a great value deal. Having then signed on the dotted line customer service took over promising my car in a maximum of 2 weeks. All of the paperwork was sent through as promised there were plenty of emails and follow up calls to make sure everything flowed smoothly. When the car finally arrived it was exactly as specified in excellent condition and the delivery driver had even washed it just before handing the keys over. Overall a very easy process, excellent customer service and I'm very pleased with my purchase

“Awesome customer service”

Written on: 27/04/2016 by TristinFigueroa250 (1 review written)

I recently purchased my 2 year old Renault from buyacar. I did as much online research as possible (as you do) and after a few phone calls I made a deal. My main agent throughout the deal, I must say in terms of customer service and willingness to help, I can't fault her at all. There was a slight hiccup with some paperwork (due to the delivery driver) but this was quickly resolved in a timely manner. Her communication was spot on throughout the stages of purchasing the car. I would definitely not hesitate to recommend buyacar again!

“Excellent”

Written on: 25/03/2016 by KoltenO'Grady (1 review written)

Being a risk adverse type, I was pretty nervous about buying a used car Id never set eyes on. But I was delighted with the car and the service we received from the staff at buyacar was excellent. The only tiny issues were the fact that they wouldn't accept a card payment over the phone for more that £2000 and the delivery driver didn't call to tell us they were on their way. However, these were minor things. I would buy from them again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

“Straighforward, convenient, the modern way to buy a car!”

Written on: 04/03/2016 by HonestJan (1 review written)

The Buyacar experience was a good one for me! As I had only ever bought a car in the 'traditional' way before, I was naturally a bit apprehensive about buying online. I knew what I wanted and was after the best deal I could find. I stumbled upon Buyacar and decided to give them a whirl. Their website took all the donkey work out of searching. I found 2 cars I would be happy to buy at a price I was very happy with. The process was straighforward with as much help, support and guidance as I needed along the way. I read all the questions and answers on the website along with all the other information which gave me a good idea of how it all worked and helped prepare me for taking the plunge. Within a few days of placing my order I had my new car delivered to my door. It was a very reasonable delivery charge too. I was very happy with my purchase and with the convenience of the whole buying process. I would certainly buy through Buyacar again and have recommended them to colleagues. One bit of advice I would give is that if buying a used car, rather than brand new, have a second choice lined up just in case you do not manage to secure your first choice - the website information does mention this possibilty so It's sensible to be prepared.

“Waste of time”

Written on: 19/02/2016 by KymaniMurray221 (1 review written)

Ordered a car online and was advised via email that all was available and to pay deposit online that evening which i did. The next morning received a call to say the car was now unavailable and had been priced £2000 too cheaply anyway ?? Luckily another dealer had a car so i bought via a local dealership. If you cant trust the sales process how can you trust the aftercare?

Buyacar.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 01/03/2016

We are sorry that this reviewer was disappointed. The deposit for the car in question was paid in the evening outside of office hours; we attempted to secure the car at 9am the following morning, only to be told by the supplying dealer that they had removed the car in question from sale. We then went back to the customer with the frustrating news within minutes, and refunded the deposit the same day.

We do of course take issues such as this extremely seriously, and would invite the customer to contact us if they wish to discuss this any further.

Cynicalmark's Comment

Written on: 02/03/2016

"Car not available and had been priced £2000 to cheaply" Its surprising how many "problems" Buy a Car have with their suppliers. The reason I suspect the car was not available was because it had been priced too cheaply. There are others who have had your problem and it seems Buy a Car do quote prices they cant meet from time to time. In my case, 12 weeks after I issued court proceedings they eventually came up with a car: 32 weeks after the car was ordered, with a stated delivery time of 8 - 10 weeks. I suspect it was another case of where they couldn't actually get the car for the price they quoted and they hoped I would just go away. I didn't

Aliclark68's Comment

Written on: 03/03/2016

Actually gave them the benefit of the doubt , two weeks later my son put a deposit down on a car and the morning after received a call to say the car was unavailable ?? They have had that part of my review removed as they say he changed his mind but he didn't ???

0011728's Comment

Written on: 02/04/2016

Same happened to me, I too issued court proceedings and got the brand new car I ordered originally at a fantastic price. People need to cotton on to the fact that once Buyacar confirm the order the contract is made. Any failure by them going forward in supplying the vehicle is "breach of contract" and they can be sued. DO NOT LET THIS COMPANY GET AWAY WITH TREATING CUSTOMERS THE WAY THEY DO!

Read 4 Comments