3 Mobile Reviews - www.three.co.uk

• Signal Coverage

Summary

Find the best buy for 3 Mobile in the UK. Read 3 mobile reviews written by real consumers and find the best UK prices.
3 Mobile www.three.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for 3 Mobile www.three.co.uk

3 Mobile www.three.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“My travel with 3 started after I came to uk 13 years ago”

Written on: 23/04/2017 by McNeillrv55 (1 review written)

Good contract £15 /18 months but rubbish coverage.With the same nr I went to o2 ,voda and now EE.ALL of them got some faults/this is England!!!/ Being wit EE/PAYG/ recently I experienced very often change of signal and their customer service is on the poor level. Having 3sim/PAYG/ for over a year I decided to take sim only contract since for £10 I was able to spend quite a lot of time across Europe -talking,texting and browsing with no problems/during one week/. Summing up guys....do not… Read Full Review

“Mostly hits with a few misses”

Written on: 16/04/2016 by RogerNewton353 (1 review written)

I've been with 3 for a number of years now and all in all I've mostly had a very good experience. Signal has been as good as any other network at a good rate and phones come unlocked meaning that we can easily pass them on to family members without having to go through various unlock processes. 3 did have extortionate network charges (don't know if they still do!), costing me an additional £30 on top of my normal contract once for extra minutes used, so make sure to cap your contract! While… Read Full Review

“put things right”

Written on: 30/05/2015 by roachy66 (1 review written)

Just like to say thank you to customer care at three I've been a customer for about 10 years now came to renew my contact this year long story short over the phone they said they had stopped free minutes so I just renewed my contact then a week after my wife went to the shop got a new phone and they gave her her free minutes So I was peeved but just left it then today they sent me a questionnaire so I put down poor for customer care within the hour got a call off them asking what was the… Read Full Review

“A winner or a loser?”

Written on: 07/01/2015 by otamiJ (12 reviews written)

I read with interest a very critical review of 3 by A.N. Other. However, I have now been with 3 for around 5 years and have found the service exceptionally good. Coverage excellent compared to Vodafone/Orange and Customer Services first class. I have to say that when I have had any concern or problem, it has simply been a matter of ringing to get any issues addressed and resolved. The most recent was me discovering that my 6 yo Grandson was downloading and playing games on my phone. I rang up… Read Full Review

“They are doing a lot of things well !”

Written on: 06/06/2014 by Gepetto (1 review written)

Having scrolled through the many bad reviews I feel like having to speak up for Three. I have only been with them for just over a week, but their customer service have ironed out all starting niggles much better than previous providers (virgin on T-mobile, GiffGaff on O2 and Vodafone) Although the network coverage for voice does not come close to EE (Virgin now), it easily beats Vodafone and O2. Customer service has come in for a lot of flak on review sites but I have nothing but praise for… Read Full Review

“Customer Service very quick to respond”

Written on: 26/01/2014 by scoups (1 review written)

Very quick in answering calls, you are not on hold forever, they manage to sort out your problems fairly efficiently to be honest, and open 7 days a week. Good english speakers in India. Generally very good service. The 3 signal is the only thing about the network which isn't great, and not being able to turn off 3G… Read Full Review

“happy customer”

Written on: 16/11/2013 by harmer19 (1 review written)

i can only speak as i find,but in my view they have been very good!at my home address the signal is not good indoors,so i rang them up to complain about the signal, they after another call, agreed to send me a home signal box to help with my home coverage, and i must say its works great, yes it use`s the broadband connection, but so what, at least i get a very good signal! no complaints!! and no i dont work for three mobile!… Read Full Review

Ken.webb's Response to harmer19's Review

Written on: 17/11/2013

Why not use a company that can provide what it promises? Charging you to use something you are already paying for is hardly 'service', it is utilising your own resources!

You pay twice for using data and calls whilst at home, services you already have.

Picdriver's reply to Ken.webb's Comment

Written on: 26/11/2013

You will be paying twice regardless if you already have both...I think your argument is merely a moral one. It does not matter if it's using your broadband to make calls while at home as long as it doesn't impact anything...which it doesn't...It does the job...allows you to make full use of your phone in an otherwise difficult location....See it as a working solution to fix a problem, as opposed to some evil-doing.

Read 2 Comments

“Poor signal in my area but sorted.”

Written on: 09/11/2013 by picdriver (1 review written)

I've been on the three network for the past 6 months & while I have had no problems getting a signal with my galaxy s4 all over the north west..(I drive for a living) I've had next to nothing signal wise at home! (Had to stand in garden to obtain 1 bar & no-one can phone me half the time). However called customer service who then sent me a box called home signal which plugs into your router. Signal in home stays at full bars now so can't be happier...free box is only if you're on contract I… Read Full Review

Ken.webb's Response to picdriver's Review

Written on: 15/11/2013

Your signal has not been sorted, Three are using your broadband connection to allow you to make calls.

Picdriver's reply to Ken.webb's Comment

Written on: 26/11/2013

Yes I know..that's why it plugs into your router?..it's just a figure of speech...I'll rephrase it...I can now send and receive calls using the box which uses the internet. It works....job done...Happy.

Read 2 Comments

“i need more than great customer service....”

Written on: 18/10/2013

My last provider offered best customer service but it couldnt give me what I wanted 1. Range of decent phones at upgrade 2.unlimited internet 3.reasonable price 4.in bristol I get excellent signal. Fast internet and clear calling quality. It gives me what I need. Three why don't you set up community (like gif gaff).people can help each other… Read Full Review

Ken.webb's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2013

Would be a great idea, they stopped us posting our Facebook link that has helped hundreds of Three customers. They will never admit that customer service is bad.

Read 1 Comment

“Great network and customer service”

Written on: 07/10/2013 by andyc941 (1 review written)

Ive been with 3 for years and today had phone call from customer services. She was very helpfull and polite and felt she treasured my custom. My coverage is great allways have 5 bars here in stockport and never had any problems. I dont use my mobile allot an think the 321 plan is great and no other network can beat these rates to date,Great network going to put mum on 3 soon as she only uses phone when on holiday… Read Full Review

“For PAYG, I think it's been great”

Written on: 25/07/2013 by atjonesu (1 review written)

I moved to central London for a few months earlier this year, so I just bought a pay as you go plan for my American Galaxy S3. I went with Three because the plan is dirt cheap and they offer unlimited 4G data. In London, the internet is very quick, and they have a service that allows me to call the US for 3p a minute(dial 42400 before any US number). A fantastic deal! Only complaint is service is not very good inside some buildings. I may be in a small pub with only 1 bar, but when I'm in… Read Full Review

“Good value and average customer service”

Written on: 31/05/2013

When I called to get my PAC code, as with many others, I was offered deal after deal. They eventually nearly matched the deal I was leaving for, nearly because they pointed out that a lot of my minutes were 3-to-3, so I did not need as many other minutes. There was a small mistake which they admitted to instantly, credited my account and rectified. … Read Full Review

“Good, Fast, Network even if coverage is a little bit...”

Written on: 16/05/2013 by Linctus (4 reviews written)

I have been with Three for a few years now. I've had some brilliant customer service off them, some good and some downright abysmal. Whilst I don't think anyone's Customer Service is spot on all the time (I've had a bad experience with T-Mobile, which I should never forget) I do think they are improving a lot. AS for the network well It's very fast where I'm. I use an Xperia T and regularly get between 10 and 25MB downloads speeds so this has effectively replaced my home internet as it's… Read Full Review

“Pretty Good/getting better”

Written on: 08/04/2013

So i basically lost my iPhone 5 whilst the battery died and there were pretty helpful trying to sort out the mess i got the replacement quickly also they call every 2-3 months offer good deals on the phone for either myself or anyone in the household.Only downside is that there signal is rubbish holding out till 4G comes out… Read Full Review

“Great coverage, very polite if fractured customer service”

Written on: 03/04/2013 by maisiemara (1 review written)

If you are the type who likes to regularly haggle for the best deals or demands a call centre in your country, Three is probably not for you. If on the other hand you are pretty low-maintenance and just don't want to get ripped off, Three is absolutely fine. I have been with Three for 8 years now and I honestly don't understand the negative reviews. I have consistently managed to get coverage where friends on more expensive networks haven't. The deals are great. Only issue is where you need to… Read Full Review

“loads better”

Written on: 02/04/2013

lets face it . sometimes the coverage is poor or even none existent . but most of the time it preforms well. the reason for 4 stars - being able to ring up and be spoken to easily within 5 mins (although the automatic voice winds me up by repeating the same thing. A hold song is enough.) still a good thing. - Being able to fully understand what the employee is saying.. A BREATH OF FRESH AIR. - Being actually listened to by a human. - Real offers of making your… Read Full Review

Swstevewil's Comment

Written on: 02/04/2013

Which phone number did you use to get english call centre. I have recently had a fraud attempt on my son's phone. This means I can't upgrade two other contracts I have with them until investigation finished. I reported the fraud but they have been investigating for 5 months and I am getting no sense out of three's indian call centre

Ken.webb's Comment

Written on: 03/04/2013

Obviously got the wrong network, not one statement of "loads better" reflects Three Uk.

Try again on the o2 review page.

“No complaints”

Written on: 07/03/2013 by MaxwellJacobs (1 review written)

I've recently renewed my contract with three, it was easy, fast and simple. The man on the phone was a little hard to understand as I believe he was from a different country but all was confirmed by email and my phone was delivered in two days. The three shop told me they wouldnt have any for atleast a month! … Read Full Review

Ken.webb's Response to MaxwellJacobs's Review

Written on: 07/03/2013

Well congratulations!! The first customer of Three to receive confirmation by email!! When I asked they told me it was against company policy.

Elisar's Response to MaxwellJacobs's Review

Written on: 13/03/2013

Fair enough. I'm glad you had a good experience. However, bear in mind that as you were renewing your contract with them, it's more likely that they'd be helpful than if you were trying to cancel it :)

Read 2 Comments

“I just had to speak with Three to get my credit card...”

Written on: 28/02/2013 by speculatrix (7 reviews written)

I just had to speak with Three to get my credit card registered (Amex) as their website didn't like my card, and found the CS rep to be very courteous, helpful and efficient. I've not had cause to deal with three cust serv very often but they have always been satisfactory.. since my needs are straight-forward then maybe I'm just lucky. I know some people have had problems, but perhaps they are unlucky, unreasonable, or don't know how to ask customer service the right things?… Read Full Review

Ken.webb's Response to speculatrix's Review

Written on: 01/03/2013

Might I suggest you read through some of the comments here? There are 1599 of them, most of which repeat the same issues, poor customer service. I don't think it unreasonable to expect fair play when you are the customer, and being English speaking is quite normal in this country, so the expectation is that you are understood when asking for something in your own language. 'My contract is finished, I wish to terminate' can only be interpreted one way, unless you are in theThree call centre where it means 'I don't really'. Unlucky? Yes, for choosing Three in the first place. As for blaming the customer, that's a privilege reserved for Three staff.

Speculatrix's reply to Ken.webb's Comment

Written on: 01/03/2013

The reviews on here are not a representative sample of the entire base of Three customers, generally people write reviews to complain when they have problems.

I can only report my own experiences after all.

What I would say is that it does appear that when Three get things wrong they stay wrong.

Ken.webb's reply to Speculatrix's Comment

You are quite right!

You never need to praise a service you are paying for. It is what you pay for. Satisfaction is expected...........

And offering your card details to anyone would definitely bring out the best in them, Yes sir, anything you want sir!!

When you are wronged and feel you you are up against a brick wall, and followed all the procedures correctly, and still get nowhere, you look for somewhere to let others know.

Ignoring the reasons for writing here, compare it with all the other network providers written about, just those statistics should prove that Three have a serious problem.

Speculatrix's reply to Ken.webb's Comment

Written on: 01/03/2013

be assured that if (when, it seems) Three disappoint me I shall not waste any time in amending my review!

Read 4 Comments

“Not the best network”

Written on: 11/02/2013 by navish (1 review written)

i have had many issue with three network but ive allways been on top... if any one wants advice or has issues with the network contact me on [email protected] because i used to work for them and il help you people ...but honestly they not the best and not the poor… Read Full Review

“Never had any issues”

Written on: 13/10/2012 by nobbler (1 review written)

Been with Three for a number of years. Never had any problems. Very good upgrade deals… Read Full Review