The AA Driving School, nationwide UK Reviews

The AA Driving School, nationwide UK - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The AA Driving School, nationwide UK

The AA Driving School, nationwide UK

“Serious school and fantastic instructor Bislim Shala ”

Written on: 15/02/2021 by jbplondon (1 review written)

I had a great learning experience thanks to my instructor: very knowledgable, focused on real driving, friendly, encouraging and very reactive: thank you! Passed at second try but was not 100% ready at first try. Cannot talk for other instructors, but in my case 100% recommendation… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to jbplondon's Review

Written on: 16/02/2021

Congratulations on passing, and thanks so much for your 5* review

Read 1 Comment

“Overhyped and unnecessary ”

Written on: 24/10/2020 by Foleypi236 (1 review written)

I had the absolute misfortune of doing my lessons with AA driving school instructor. Not only did he shriek and shout at me consistently for minor faults but was also rude and condescending and I would feel discouraged .I do believe that this breaks a learners confidence and this is not the way to instruct a learner.In fact shouldn't a calm demeanor be a pre requisite in a driving instructor?I was pulled up for the most minor faults and broke down behind the wheel on one instance.I got no… Read Full Review

The Aa's Comment

Written on: 10/11/2020

Hi there, we're so sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. To get in touch with us, please email us.

“Terrible experience ”

Written on: 24/10/2020 by PR2189 (1 review written)

I had seen good reviews about AA driving school online and hence enrolled for car driving lessons with AA. My instructor was extremely rude and gave me a horrible time . He was always in the edge and made me extremely nervous. I had to discontinue my lessons abruptly as I couldn’t focus on my driving due to this behaviour. An instructor needs to be calm and encouraging. I was so disappointed that I did not continue with AA and went for a different driving school and I have passed my driving… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to PR2189's Review

Written on: 28/10/2020

We're so sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. Please email the details, along with your pupil and phone number to us.

Read 1 Comment

“Great! Passed first time!”

Written on: 20/10/2020 by CatherineDarcy (1 review written)

I learnt to drive with my instructor and I passed first time! Learning in London can be daunting but he was understanding, patient, and a great teacher. He would ask me what I would like to learn each lesson and we would repeat things if I didn't feel like I had fully grasped it. His car was clean, he was professional, I felt safe in a car with him. He's flexible with his timings so I could learn before work which fitted around my schedule perfectly. Would highly recommend. Using the AA was… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to CatherineDarcy's Review

Written on: 24/10/2020

Hey Cathrine, thanks for the 5-star review. We're so happy to hear about your experience. Congratulations on passing your test. Drive safe :-)

“The Best”

Written on: 13/10/2020 by DrSanjoyGhosh (1 review written)

As we moved to UK I started practices my driving lesson with AA and got my instructor. He is the best instructor in many ways- very professional, boost the confidence in no time, moreover he has a great heart. What a pleasure to learn driving from him. Every lesson he was on time and dedicated. This improved my driving ability enormously. In terms of driving training- he always pointed out even small mistake and corrected progressively. I passed my test in the first attempt- once again he is a… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to DrSanjoyGhosh's Review

Written on: 19/10/2020

Hi, this is lovely to hear. Congratulations on passing your test and thanks for this glowing review. We're sure the instructor would love to hear about it. Please visit our website and click to chat with an advisor, they'll be happy to take the details and thank him :-)

“Passed first time ”

Written on: 12/10/2020 by JosephAllison (1 review written)

I passed my driving test today after taking lessons with my instructor. I was a bit nervous at first but she put me at ease and I found I picked everything up really easily. He was really clear and he made everything easy to understand. I really needed to pass first time for my job and I did thanks to my instructor. Thanks for making it so easy!… Read Full Review

“The Best Driving Instructor”

Written on: 10/10/2020 by HRich9899 (1 review written)

My driving instructor was the best. He taught me well and reassured me when I had no confidence in myself. I was hesitant to learn in a manual car but he made it so much easier and actually made me enjoy learning. In addition to this he helped me pass my test and I only got 2 minor faults. I would definitely recommend my instructor to anyone looking to learn how to drive. … Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to HRich9899's Review

Written on: 12/10/2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your experience. It's lovely to hear your Instructor made learning to drive easy and enjoyable. Congratulations on passing your test, safe driving for the future.

“Amazing Instructor”

Written on: 07/10/2020 by tahhabutt (1 review written)

Very good experienced instructor. Had a great time during lessons as he would teach me extensively how to do certain things and how to improve. He would always call me out on mistakes which helped me focus on them more and improve at a good pace. I passed first time with only 2 minors thanks to my instructor… Read Full Review

“My instructor is an absolute legend of a driving...”

Written on: 29/09/2020 by Yosoff (1 review written)

My instructor is an absolute legend of a driving instructor, he helped me pass my driving test first time with only 2 minors! He gives very useful constructive feedback, he gives you lots of test tips which have helped me pass first time, he's very patient and also a great person to talk to. I would recommend to anyone… Read Full Review

“Fantastic Driving Instructor”

Written on: 12/09/2020 by lucastitus (1 review written)

Despite lockdown and a long period without driving, my instructor helped me pass my manual driving test with ease. In just a few lessons I was able to start driving on the main roads. His methodological techniques, tips, and experience have helped me progress quickly and confidently. Lessons are very enjoyable and the instructor will patiently point out and help rectify any faults during the drive. My instructor's flexibility with booking lessons was also highly appreciated. The car was clean… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to lucastitus's Review

Written on: 16/09/2020

Congratulations from us all here and thanks for taking the time to leave a lovely review.

“AA instructor”

Written on: 11/09/2020 by Schwartzez178 (1 review written)

My instructor is a friendly, intelligent and punctual instructor. I was recommended him by a friend and have recommended him to two friends. Thanks to him and all the best… Read Full Review

“Brilliant teaching ”

Written on: 09/09/2020 by ronang88 (1 review written)

Very good and enjoyable lessons Teaching is clear with good techniques and great areas covered. The car is brilliant and comfortable, perfect for beginners, coupled with useful and experienced instructors making the learning experience enjoyable and most importantly very safe. Due to this good teaching I learnt very quickly and excluding a large gap caused by COVID I was able to pass my test relatively quickly. All round good, quick and reliable Service with constant safe learning techniques… Read Full Review

Bislimshala's Response to ronang88's Review

Written on: 09/09/2020

It was pleasure to have helped you, wishing you safe drive for life
Kind regards Bislim Shala driving instructor

“Great Driving Instructor”

Written on: 07/09/2020 by nickrobson (1 review written)

Driving instructor gave clear and simple advice on how to drive safely. Very responsive when trying to organise lessons. Provided techniques for manoeuvres that made one feel confident one could reproduce them under the pressure of a test. Always alert and explained quickly if you did something incorrectly. Plus, all round good guy… Read Full Review

“Happy US Driver”

Written on: 26/08/2020 by Clarissa211 (1 review written)

My driving instructor was fantastic. I had driven for 25 years in the US but not in the U.K. I was really worried about the narrow roads and the roundabouts! My instructor was incredibly patient and helpful. He was able to provide really practical advice that I needed to build my skills and my confidence. And his real time coaching was excellent - just the right information to enable adjustment but it micro managing and never a raised voice. I passed my test on the first try!… Read Full Review

Bislimshala's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2020

It was pleasure to have helped you, wishing you safe drive for life

Read 1 Comment

“Best driving instructor would recommend to everyone! ”

Written on: 25/08/2020 by lily_namda (1 review written)

My instructor taught me how to drive safely and helped me the gain the confidence I needed to pass my test. Over the course of two weeks he taught me well during our two hour lessons and made sure everything was clear and I understood what was required to be a safe driver. It was my first time taking my test and I managed to pass first time thanks to my instructor. To anyone looking for a professional and serious instructor I would recommend my instructor… Read Full Review

“Fantastic driving instructor would recommend to anyone”

Written on: 24/07/2020 by Popenp254 (1 review written)

I joined my Worcester based AA driving instructor roughly 6 weeks ago after failing my test twice with 2 and 3 majors respectively with a previous instructor. I did a bit of private practice in my mother in law's car to keep myself up to some sort of standard for 2 months while the Corona virus pandemic was going on. Being a keyworker and having my 3rd test cancelled back in April I was desperate to pass my test so I could get to and from my job and house. When I started I already had plenty of… Read Full Review

“ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC !”

Written on: 18/06/2020 by ashrafkhan_12 (1 review written)

I had a driving instructor in the past that was litteraly only in it for the money and I didnt learn a thing! However This driving instructor was excellent ! Extremely professional and taught me so much, made me very confident in my driving and passed me in a month ( First time ) ! Instructor has a lovely personality and I clicked with the instructor instantly. I would reccomend the instructor to others. I remember him telling me I will get you passed first time and I was sceptical as I… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to ashrafkhan_12's Review

Written on: 19/06/2020

We're made up about this Ashraf. Congratulations from us all here :-)

Read 1 Comment

“Learning instructor is exceptionally well at explaining ”

Written on: 16/06/2020 by Jazminex (1 review written)

I have done two 2hour lessons so far with my instructor and he has explained everything so well. I don’t get to go out with parents or family on a drive therefore being in the car with my instructor is my first time and have to say I am proceeding very well. He’s calm and helps a lot as well as having a laugh. Whenever I ask a question there’s no hesitation to answer. Highly recommend him… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Jazminex's Review

Written on: 17/06/2020

We're really happy to hear they're going well and appreciate the recommendation. Good luck with your future lessons.

Read 1 Comment

“My driving instructor made driving lessons not only...”

Written on: 15/03/2020 by Talyarnewman (1 review written)

My driving instructor made driving lessons not only enjoyable and engaging, but also helped me pass my driving test first try. He focused initially on teaching me the basics of driving a manual car and practicing things like changing gears and turning on right corners, to taking me on big roundabouts and across complex junctions. He was a fantastic driving instructor and put up with a lot of attitude from me when I came driving after a long day of school, I highly recommend him and wish him… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Talyarnewman's Review

Written on: 19/03/2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to come online and share such amazing feedback with us.

Read 1 Comment

“Great teacher, brought my skills to another level”

Written on: 04/03/2020 by Aliona (1 review written)

I came to this instructor after 8 months of lessons with the other instructor. At that point I could drive, but I felt completely stuck and I didn’t feel I make any progress. This instructor is a great teacher, and from our first lesson he was very focused on working on the things I wasn’t great at. He is very methodical and analytical, and he helped me to understand what I should do in different road situation and gain confidence. Another great thing about this instructor is his… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Aliona's Review

Written on: 05/03/2020

We really appreciate your review and hope you're enjoying your new found freedom on the roads :-)