The AA Driving School, nationwide UK Reviews

The AA Driving School, nationwide UK - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The AA Driving School, nationwide UK

“Fantastic Driving Instructor”

Written on: 12/09/2020 by lucastitus (1 review written)

Despite lockdown and a long period without driving, my instructor helped me pass my manual driving test with ease. In just a few lessons I was able to start driving on the main roads. His methodological techniques, tips, and experience have helped me progress quickly and confidently. Lessons are very enjoyable and the instructor will patiently point out and help rectify any faults during the drive. My instructor's flexibility with booking lessons was also highly appreciated. The car was clean… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to lucastitus's Review

Written on: 16/09/2020

Congratulations from us all here and thanks for taking the time to leave a lovely review.

“AA instructor”

Written on: 11/09/2020 by Schwartzez178 (1 review written)

My instructor is a friendly, intelligent and punctual instructor. I was recommended him by a friend and have recommended him to two friends. Thanks to him and all the best… Read Full Review

“Brilliant teaching ”

Written on: 09/09/2020 by ronang88 (1 review written)

Very good and enjoyable lessons Teaching is clear with good techniques and great areas covered. The car is brilliant and comfortable, perfect for beginners, coupled with useful and experienced instructors making the learning experience enjoyable and most importantly very safe. Due to this good teaching I learnt very quickly and excluding a large gap caused by COVID I was able to pass my test relatively quickly. All round good, quick and reliable Service with constant safe learning techniques… Read Full Review

Bislimshala's Response to ronang88's Review

Written on: 09/09/2020

It was pleasure to have helped you, wishing you safe drive for life
Kind regards Bislim Shala driving instructor

“Great Driving Instructor”

Written on: 07/09/2020 by nickrobson (1 review written)

Driving instructor gave clear and simple advice on how to drive safely. Very responsive when trying to organise lessons. Provided techniques for manoeuvres that made one feel confident one could reproduce them under the pressure of a test. Always alert and explained quickly if you did something incorrectly. Plus, all round good guy… Read Full Review

“Happy US Driver”

Written on: 26/08/2020 by Clarissa211 (1 review written)

My driving instructor was fantastic. I had driven for 25 years in the US but not in the U.K. I was really worried about the narrow roads and the roundabouts! My instructor was incredibly patient and helpful. He was able to provide really practical advice that I needed to build my skills and my confidence. And his real time coaching was excellent - just the right information to enable adjustment but it micro managing and never a raised voice. I passed my test on the first try!… Read Full Review

Bislimshala's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2020

It was pleasure to have helped you, wishing you safe drive for life

Read 1 Comment

“Best driving instructor would recommend to everyone! ”

Written on: 25/08/2020 by lily_namda (1 review written)

My instructor taught me how to drive safely and helped me the gain the confidence I needed to pass my test. Over the course of two weeks he taught me well during our two hour lessons and made sure everything was clear and I understood what was required to be a safe driver. It was my first time taking my test and I managed to pass first time thanks to my instructor. To anyone looking for a professional and serious instructor I would recommend my instructor… Read Full Review

“Fantastic driving instructor would recommend to anyone”

Written on: 24/07/2020 by Popenp254 (1 review written)

I joined my Worcester based AA driving instructor roughly 6 weeks ago after failing my test twice with 2 and 3 majors respectively with a previous instructor. I did a bit of private practice in my mother in law's car to keep myself up to some sort of standard for 2 months while the Corona virus pandemic was going on. Being a keyworker and having my 3rd test cancelled back in April I was desperate to pass my test so I could get to and from my job and house. When I started I already had plenty of… Read Full Review

“ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC !”

Written on: 18/06/2020 by ashrafkhan_12 (1 review written)

I had a driving instructor in the past that was litteraly only in it for the money and I didnt learn a thing! However This driving instructor was excellent ! Extremely professional and taught me so much, made me very confident in my driving and passed me in a month ( First time ) ! Instructor has a lovely personality and I clicked with the instructor instantly. I would reccomend the instructor to others. I remember him telling me I will get you passed first time and I was sceptical as I… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to ashrafkhan_12's Review

Written on: 19/06/2020

We're made up about this Ashraf. Congratulations from us all here :-)

Read 1 Comment

“Learning instructor is exceptionally well at explaining ”

Written on: 16/06/2020 by Jazminex (1 review written)

I have done two 2hour lessons so far with my instructor and he has explained everything so well. I don’t get to go out with parents or family on a drive therefore being in the car with my instructor is my first time and have to say I am proceeding very well. He’s calm and helps a lot as well as having a laugh. Whenever I ask a question there’s no hesitation to answer. Highly recommend him… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Jazminex's Review

Written on: 17/06/2020

We're really happy to hear they're going well and appreciate the recommendation. Good luck with your future lessons.

Read 1 Comment

“My driving instructor made driving lessons not only...”

Written on: 15/03/2020 by Talyarnewman (1 review written)

My driving instructor made driving lessons not only enjoyable and engaging, but also helped me pass my driving test first try. He focused initially on teaching me the basics of driving a manual car and practicing things like changing gears and turning on right corners, to taking me on big roundabouts and across complex junctions. He was a fantastic driving instructor and put up with a lot of attitude from me when I came driving after a long day of school, I highly recommend him and wish him… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Talyarnewman's Review

Written on: 19/03/2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to come online and share such amazing feedback with us.

Read 1 Comment

“Great teacher, brought my skills to another level”

Written on: 04/03/2020 by Aliona (1 review written)

I came to this instructor after 8 months of lessons with the other instructor. At that point I could drive, but I felt completely stuck and I didn’t feel I make any progress. This instructor is a great teacher, and from our first lesson he was very focused on working on the things I wasn’t great at. He is very methodical and analytical, and he helped me to understand what I should do in different road situation and gain confidence. Another great thing about this instructor is his… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Aliona's Review

Written on: 05/03/2020

We really appreciate your review and hope you're enjoying your new found freedom on the roads :-)

Read 1 Comment

“Passed first time thanks, Wood Green.”

Written on: 11/02/2020 by CadeHalsey105 (1 review written)

I was extremely pleased with my instructor. I found him to be very knowledgeable when explaining himself and always went into a lot of detail to ensure I fully understood why I was doing something. He is very patient and helped me to rectify bad habits that I had previously learnt with an independent driving instructor. The lessons with him were always challenging/exciting and we went through as many routes as possible so that I was prepared form the test. I work 9-5 so it is usually quite… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/02/2020

Congratulations on passing your test first time :-)
Thank you for such a lovely review.

“Passed test first time”

Written on: 04/02/2020 by JosiahCassidy (1 review written)

My experience was excellent. My instructor was excellent at putting me at ease in the car and very quickly helped me to build my skills and confidence. He was ver flexible in when he was available and as such I was able to pass my test first time with only 12 hours of lessons. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is learning to drive… Read Full Review

“Worst experience ever”

Written on: 04/02/2020 by Glatif (1 review written)

I have been driving before overseas but had to take lessons here so initially i took 20 hours from AA instructor. Worst experience as he kept shouting at me. There were no dangerous situations but its this Egyptian guy he kept telling me at everything congratulations you will fail your test. Demoralising and shattered my confidence. I spent 757£ on 26 lessons. It was like i was robbed and did not learn anything much. I failed the test once and decided to discontinue with AA. Its just the name… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Glatif's Review

Written on: 04/02/2020

Hi, we're really sorry to hear about your experience and hope that you have raised this again to be looked into, if you haven't, please get in touch through our website 'contact us' page. We'd be happy to help.

Glatif's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 04/02/2020

Hi did tell AA about it and they said they have a complaint procedure that will help them and the instructor to avoid it in future. I was further tried to be lured in to taking more classes with a different instructor or BSM. No one actually cares that i have spent a fortune. Your complaints DO NOT HELP with refunds of any kinds.
The lady ended up telling me its all with the instructor you know we cant do anything.

The Aa's reply to Glatif's Comment

Written on: 11/02/2020

We're pleased to hear you've raised this already. If you do remain unhappy please continue to speak with the team.

Read 3 Comments

“Just passed my driving test”

Written on: 04/02/2020 by AlexRyvkin (1 review written)

Great experience with AA thanks to my instructor. I have a decent bit of experience driving abroad, and contacted AA to prepare for my UK test. My Instructor managed to prepare me for the test in several hours, pinpointing the features of my driving habits that don’t fit the expectations of DVLA and could be improved uon. Good, balanced instruction, and genuine care for the student’s success… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to AlexRyvkin's Review

Written on: 04/02/2020

This is amazing! Congratulations :-)

“The Best one ever”

Written on: 25/01/2020 by Kabeerfatahi (1 review written)

Well I passed my test today,and my instructor was great,I couldn't do it without him.I live in barnsley and my instrutor was an automatic car instructor..I will definitely recomment aa to everyone and again thank you so much to my instructor, you were great and so helpful… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Kabeerfatahi's Review

Written on: 31/01/2020

Congratulations on passing your test, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your lessons.

“Excellent instructor”

Written on: 13/01/2020 by Rachael85 (1 review written)

I’ve recently passed my driving test, chose to do automatic as felt this would be quicker. Passed within 8 months which I was pleased with. My instructor Nadwan from Birmingham was excellent, he was patient, flexible and understanding. He encouraged me and would get his whiteboard out and go over theory now and again during lessons. He is a brilliant instructor and lovely person. My lessons cost a bit more however do feel that in the long run it was worth the cost, better to buy lessons in… Read Full Review

“Dissapointed”

Written on: 07/01/2020 by Eganbu207 (1 review written)

The Instructor in Bristol has very good car, He is calm, don't like to repeat himself if you forgot something, He likes to stop the car and 10 minutes to talk, asking you what was wrong, why, what you should do, instead of saving time and telling you what was wrong and to remind you what to do next time. And You can't just can't forget anything, because it's gonna be a big problem for him, because if 5 minutes ago was everything fine and suddenly you forgot something - it's just can't happening… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/01/2020

We're sorry to read about your experience when you took lessons with us. Please email this review along with your pupil number, address and contact number.

“Fantastic teacher ”

Written on: 13/12/2019 by Annanp (1 review written)

I’ve recently passed my driving test, my instructor was the beast teacher I could imagine! Very professional, experienced, full of good tips and knowledge. I would recommend to everyone!… Read Full Review

“Very good instructor ”

Written on: 03/12/2019 by Leandro231 (1 review written)

I passed my driving test last month with Tye from the AA and he was so much better than my last instructor and got me ready for my test very quickly. He improved my driving style a lot and I was very happy with how much better he made me at driving. He is a very nice guy who’s easy to get on with and made me feel calm during my lessons. Would recommend… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/12/2019

Thank you for coming online and leaving your fabulous review. It's amazing to hear you were able to get test ready so quickly. We hope you're enjoying being out and about on the roads