The AA Driving School, nationwide UK Reviews

The AA Driving School, nationwide UK - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The AA Driving School, nationwide UK

The AA Driving School, nationwide UK

“Exactly the right guidance ”

Written on: 12/10/2021 by ZooZooBaBa (1 review written)

My driving instructor provided excellent guidance and knowledge, ensuring I was ready for my test. My instructor would explain everything clearly, would catch errors or mistakes I made to ensure I didn’t do them again, and gave me the skill and confidence to pass my test first time. I highly recommend him to anyone needing high quality and professional lessons… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to ZooZooBaBa's Review

Written on: 18/10/2021

Congratulation on passing your test, that's a fantastic achievement. Thanks for leaving a review.

Read 1 Comment

“Great instructor took me on at late notice helping me pass”

Written on: 04/10/2021 by GustavB (1 review written)

Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to change instructors shortly before my test, and fortunately for me my new instructor was able to take me on. He’s a great instructor who is clearly very experienced and has an excellent style of teaching - very calm and knew exactly what I needed to do to get my skills on the right level. I learnt a lot from him in a short time, and he definitely helped me in the final stretch to make sure I passed. Some good conversation during early morning lessons… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to GustavB's Review

Written on: 08/10/2021

Thanks for choosing to learn to drive with us. It's fantastic to hear you've passed your test, good luck on the roads.

Read 1 Comment

“1st Time Pass under the guidance of instructor”

Written on: 01/10/2021 by franckkhku (1 review written)

My instructor has been very professional, helpful and attentive throughout my lessons and I was fully prepared before my test, both practically and mentally. I am a completely new learner and this is my first time taking the test and I PASSED! He is extremely experienced and the classes were tailored according to my progress. I am truly grateful for his guidance… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to franckkhku's Review

Written on: 05/10/2021

Thanks so much for the review. It's lovely to hear your Insturctor was very professional, helpful and attentive, this is just what we like to hear. Congrats on passing your test first time, safe driving on the roads.

Read 1 Comment

“Amazing instructor - 1st time pass!!”

Written on: 24/09/2021 by raphaellechauvet (1 review written)

My instructor is an amazing driving instructor. He was always patient and understanding, on time and flexible with hours. Learning how to drive with him was overall a great experience - I learned a lot within the first couple of hours, and was then able to perfect my driving to pass my driving test on the first try! He helped me gain in control and in confidence when driving, and was amazing support up until the very last minute. I have and will definitely recommend him to everyone !… Read Full Review

“Impatient and rude instructor”

Written on: 21/09/2021 by Lacroix452 (1 review written)

I am currently learning to drive and have done around 15 hours of lessons. I feel more and more on edge each time I get into the car, driving instructor barely speaks to me unless I’ve done something wrong. I had to hold back my tears recently as I was made to feel so useless. Just when I start feeling confident on the road, the instructor gives me a reason to feel awful, I can take criticism I am an adult. However, I do not appreciate being spoken to like a piece of rubbish and a sleepless… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/09/2021

Hi, we're sorry you've been left feeling this way and hope you've since spoken with our Customer Service team to so they can help look into this and maybe change instructors. If you haven't, please visit our website and click to chat, we're available Mon-Fri 9am until 5pm.

Read 1 Comment

“Refusal to pay county court judgement”

Written on: 16/09/2021 by Taylorpb246 (1 review written)

AA Driving School had such poor delivery of service that they had to be taken to court and they rightfully had been ordered to pay compensation which they have refused to pay. … Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2021

Hi, we'd like to look into this, please contact us via our website and click to chat with an advisor so we can help.

Read 1 Comment

“Booking for driving lessons ”

Written on: 15/09/2021

Hi, I tried to book driving lessons at Edgware on 23rd September 2021, I have practical test coming up on 11th October 2021, I completed the booking and made payment but my account was not debited and I was instructed to enter the transaction reference back in the booking page but the page disappeared. I have been calling to find out what to do next but no assistance so far. Please help me as my practical test is fast approaching. Thanks… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2021

Hi, please contact us via our website and click to chat with an advisor, we're available Mon-Fri 9am until 5pm and can help get this sorted.

Read 1 Comment

“Clear and effective teaching - I passed:)”

Written on: 10/09/2021 by Perkinszb480 (1 review written)

Hedoes not waste time - with him it’s all about perfecting your driving skills in the few hours you’ve got. You drive 100% of the time, he’s straight to the point and above all he’s supportive right until the end. Think I most appreciated the humane side of his teaching; he doesn’t follow a script, and despite being forthright he always asks if you’re feeling okay when moments get a little tense (roundabouts in my case…)… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2021

Congratulations on passing your test and thanks so much for this fantastic review. We wish you all the best on the roads, enjoy your new found freedom :-)

Read 1 Comment

“Brilliant instructor Bislim Shala - First Time Pass!”

Written on: 07/09/2021 by eviemcveigh (1 review written)

My AA instructor was a great teacher. He was patient and supportive which made me very relaxed in the car. I was perfectly prepared on all of the road safety and car handling as well - something which came up in my driving test. I passed first time round and definitely have him to thank! Couldn't recommend him more highly!… Read Full Review

Bislimshala's Response to eviemcveigh's Review

Written on: 11/09/2021

Well deserved Evi, wishing you safe drive for life

Bislimshala's Response to eviemcveigh's Review

Written on: 11/09/2021

Well deserved Evi, wishing you safe drive for life

Read 2 Comments

“Patient and knowledgeable with helpful tips”

Written on: 26/08/2021 by CLittle (1 review written)

My AA instructor was always on time and never cancelled once. His calm and patient manner while clearly instructing was very important to me. He repeated easy to remember catch phrases that helped me tremendously and made the experience of learning less stressful. I also appreciated that he asked me questions to make me think about what I was doing. Great teacher. He was obviously experienced in the location as well as in what to expect on the day of the test and methodically taught me what I… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to CLittle's Review

Written on: 27/08/2021

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, we really appreciate you taking the time to do this. Congratulations on passing your test, enjoy the freedom of the roads.

Read 1 Comment

“The worst experience with my instructor”

Written on: 24/08/2021 by DagneM (1 review written)

Avoid avoid avoid Here are a few fact AA Driving School won’t make clear when taking your money: They have zero interest in how their instructors treat the pupils. The instructor can cancel on you several times in a row on the day and won’t get in trouble When raised with AA, they will shrug it off as ‘not their problem’ and tell you they have no control of the people they allow to use their brand name and charge their rather expensive costs for lessons. They don’t care and they… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to DagneM's Review

Written on: 25/08/2021

We're sorry to hear you've been left disappointed, but pleased you spoke with the team so they could listen to your concerns and help resolve them. Our instructors are self-employed so set their own rates and working hours, meaning these can change at any time.

Dagnem's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 25/08/2021

your team did nor resolve anything. In fact haven’t replied to my email for almost a week now. Did you even bother to read a full review, are you saying your instructors can cancel booked appts that pupil waited for for weeks and you shrug it off as none of your concern. It’s alarming you say that and makes me wonder just WHAT SORT OF OTHER DODGY INSTRUCTORS DO YOU ASSOCIATE WITH???

The Aa's reply to Dagnem's Comment

Written on: 25/08/2021

They usually have a turnaround on emails of around 7 working days, if it's been over this time please click and chat with a live agent on our site, they're available Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm. They can also help if you're looking to change your Instructor or if you'd like to confirm the working hours of the Instructor you were with.

Dagnem's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2021

Are you serious??? I will never go near your company again hence why I am posting on here encouraging others to avoid making the same mistake. You have absolutely no interest in people who use your service. You have no interest in investigating serious issues reported to you and you keep hiding behind terms and conditions refusing to take any of the mentioned issues on board even when the pupil is clearly mistreated. Shocking lack of client care.

Read 4 Comments

“Not trust worthy instructor”

Written on: 14/08/2021 by Collinseb33 (1 review written)

Day 1 of my lesson,told my instruction that i was not good at round abouts. he was sleeping in the middle of the training on the first day of my lesson. Day 2 he advised me to take more lessons and i said yes and booked them and then he said he will make me ready for test which is like in 2 weeks. Day 3 he said i can't drive by my self and he rejected me to take to test, and again ales me to take more lessons. Day 4, cancelled my exam , called customer service and took my money back. He… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/08/2021

Hi there, we'd like to look into this. Please email a copy of this review together with your full name, address, contact number along with your pupil ID number and Instructor's name to us.

“Excellent instructor”

Written on: 12/07/2021 by OliveForever (1 review written)

My two children had lessons with an instructor in Leighton Buzzard. From my point of view with regards to organising the lessons, I found Ian to be extremely easy to deal with. Firstly, I was able to deal with him directly, he was very responsive, flexible and understanding when booking/changing lessons. He was also 100% reliable - he always turned up and was always on time, which I know should be mandatory but it isn't always a given! I asked my boys what Ian was like as an instructor - here… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to OliveForever's Review

Written on: 23/07/2021

We're over the moon to see this, thanks so much for your feedback.

“Awful company ”

Written on: 04/07/2021 by AI-maidenhead (1 review written)

My daughter paid for 2 lessons in December and they were cancelled due to lockdown. When they restarted, the instructor just disappeared, ignored all text messages and would not pick up the phone. My daughter has emailed, called, used their app but nothing. She wants the money back, It has been 6 months already. What gives them the right to keep money for a service they did not deliver Awful company, keep away… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to AI-maidenhead's Review

Written on: 05/07/2021

Hi, please ask your Daughter to speak with our Live Chat team on the website who can get this sorted. If she's still struggling, ask her to pop her an email with a copy of this review her Pupil ID, and phone number to our website and we'll arrange a call back.

Read 1 Comment

“Insructor will get you to pass”

Written on: 25/06/2021 by Lucious123 (1 review written)

If you want to pass quickly and effectively get my instructor to teach you, there is no other way… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Lucious123's Review

Written on: 29/06/2021

Congratulations, well done on passing your test and thanks for sharing your experience by leaving this review.

Read 1 Comment

“Having passed my test in Greenford with only two...”

Written on: 25/06/2021 by vicmrambo (1 review written)

Having passed my test in Greenford with only two minors this week I am so relieved but would have not been possible without my amazing instructor. He was patient, reassuring and made sure I was a safe and confident driver. Thanks to him I did not only pass but feel happy and safe driving in any situation. He gets you prepared for the test but also for everyday driving which is essential. Would recommend to any one and wish you all good luck. … Read Full Review

“Driving instructor rude!”

Written on: 21/06/2021 by FnsjdijJ (1 review written)

Had a block of 5 lessons (10 hours). My driving instructor refused to let me go on the roads even though I was capable and confident. I was told if I scuffed his tires he would get out and check then charge me. I was also told that I’d be best driving an automatic. My friend had the same instructor and she left because of similar issues!… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to FnsjdijJ's Review

Written on: 22/06/2021

Hi, we'd really like to look into this. Please pop us an email with a copy of this review, your pupil ID, the instructor's name, your postcode and name. [email protected]

Read 1 Comment

“Brilliant Driving School and Instructor ”

Written on: 12/06/2021 by AndrewWestLondon (1 review written)

I passed today with two minors in the Hendon (London) test centre! My instructor is patient, kind, and very knowledgeable. He took me to all the spots around potential test routes where many students fail. He would talk me through everything so well, and we’d keep practicing with what I found challenging until I built more confidence. He is a 10/10 instructor. I highly recommend him. Thank you for everything!… Read Full Review

Bislimshala's Response to AndrewWestLondon's Review

Written on: 14/06/2021

Many thanks for kind words, wishing you safe drive for life
Kind regards driving instructor

The Aa's Response to AndrewWestLondon's Review

Written on: 14/06/2021

That's fantastic news, congratulations.

Read 2 Comments

“Do not book a lesson with this company.”

Written on: 08/06/2021 by Hendrix2 (1 review written)

I booked 10 lessons for my son online and after a number of excuses from the instructor he never got a lesson. I went back online to change his instructor and nobody got back in touch. Asked for a full refund and I am still waiting. I have never experienced such bad customer service. I would not recommend the AA driving school… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Hendrix2's Review

Written on: 08/06/2021

We're sorry to hear you were disappointed with the service. Refunds are taking up to 28 days to be processed, this will be returned to the payment method used at the time. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to click and chat with a live agent on our website.

Read 1 Comment

“The AA driving school is ridiculous! ”

Written on: 17/05/2021 by CindyMcHugh (1 review written)

I paid £61 online on the AA's website in order to top up my account to book lessons. The money went out of my bank account but never showed up on the AA's website so I could not book lessons! It was the weekend so I emailed them since there was no option to do a live chat or phone call to customer service. They are not opened on the weekends. They never replied to my email! 2 days later on the Monday when I could finally contact customer service via live chat, the guy I spoke to said they did… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/05/2021

Hi, we're sorry to hear you've been left feeling this way. The demand for instructors has been extremely high since lessons were able to start again. We'd always advised a pupil to check availability at our website as there may be a wait for an available instructor. You can also register for text alerts to let you know as soon as an instructor becomes free in your area. We do advise allow up to 28 days for the refund to show although we'd always hope to have this completed way before then.