The AA Driving School, nationwide UK Reviews

The AA Driving School, nationwide UK - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The AA Driving School, nationwide UK

“Excellent instructor”

Written on: 13/01/2020 by Rachael85 (1 review written)

I’ve recently passed my driving test, chose to do automatic as felt this would be quicker. Passed within 8 months which I was pleased with. My instructor Nadwan from Birmingham was excellent, he was patient, flexible and understanding. He encouraged me and would get his whiteboard out and go over theory now and again during lessons. He is a brilliant instructor and lovely person. My lessons cost a bit more however do feel that in the long run it was worth the cost, better to buy lessons in… Read Full Review

“Dissapointed”

Written on: 07/01/2020 by Eganbu207 (1 review written)

The Instructor in Bristol has very good car, He is calm, don't like to repeat himself if you forgot something, He likes to stop the car and 10 minutes to talk, asking you what was wrong, why, what you should do, instead of saving time and telling you what was wrong and to remind you what to do next time. And You can't just can't forget anything, because it's gonna be a big problem for him, because if 5 minutes ago was everything fine and suddenly you forgot something - it's just can't happening… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/01/2020

We're sorry to read about your experience when you took lessons with us. Please email this review along with your pupil number, address and contact number.

“Fantastic teacher ”

Written on: 13/12/2019 by Annanp (1 review written)

I’ve recently passed my driving test, my instructor was the beast teacher I could imagine! Very professional, experienced, full of good tips and knowledge. I would recommend to everyone!… Read Full Review

“Very good instructor ”

Written on: 03/12/2019 by Leandro231 (1 review written)

I passed my driving test last month with Tye from the AA and he was so much better than my last instructor and got me ready for my test very quickly. He improved my driving style a lot and I was very happy with how much better he made me at driving. He is a very nice guy who’s easy to get on with and made me feel calm during my lessons. Would recommend… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/12/2019

Thank you for coming online and leaving your fabulous review. It's amazing to hear you were able to get test ready so quickly. We hope you're enjoying being out and about on the roads

“Lovely Instructor!!!”

Written on: 22/11/2019 by Sami.GR (1 review written)

I've passed my driving test today with Tye from the AA. The best instructor i had so far. He is very professional and taught me the correct way to drive. All lessons were fun with him as he constantly encourages and motivates you to do well. I highly recommend him!!! Thanks very much Tye, loving meeting you!!!!… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Sami.GR's Review

Written on: 25/11/2019

Hey Sami, Congratulations from us all here on passing your driving test :-) thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We hope that you're enjoying your new found freedom on the road.

“Excellent Instructor ”

Written on: 19/11/2019 by Gutta (1 review written)

I have passed my practical Driving Test from Erith driving test centre in my first attempts. For this I need to thanks my driving instructor for providing a value information and tips that are required for the test and future driving. Thus, help me to understand better and by avoiding any major faults during the test. So i just recommend fellow members to just follow the instructor and practise as much as you to become a better driver. Once again I thank AA and my instructor for their support… Read Full Review

“Extremely unhappy!!!! ”

Written on: 06/11/2019 by AydinCollins (1 review written)

I paid so much money and practiced so many hours driving a fully labelled driving school car Ford fiesta. Few days before my test the ford fiesta broke down and the AA provided a Peugeot instead. I had one day to prepare for my test with this car and had to learn all the references and show me questions from the start. The car they provided had no labels (not a driving school car). I complained and showed my frustration and stress but they did not care about my concerns. I am not a professional… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/11/2019

Hi there, we're sorry to see you were left feeling unhappy with the Driving School. It's unfortunate that the car you'd had your lessons in had broken-down just before your test was due. We hope you spoke with the contact centre at the time to review what options were available, including how long the repair may take, the possibility of changing instructor to the same Ford car, postponing your test until the repair had taken place etc.

Sami.rose's Comment

Written on: 18/11/2019

I spoke many times with the contact centre however they did nothing to solve the issue. They said the only option was for me to go on my test with the Peugeot and that if i do not pass they will have my back. I called them back after failing my test and all I got was a rude guy with an attitude on the phone, telling me to take my complains to a lawyer. Unbelievable.

Written on: 25/11/2019

Thanks for letting us know that you've been in touch already. If you do remain unhappy, we would advise to continue to speak with our Customer Service team and they'll be happy to look in to your concerns further.

Read 3 Comments

“Fantastic Service! 1st Time Past.”

Written on: 30/10/2019

Absolutely fantastic! Lovely Instrustor in Croydon who was always patient and made learning to drive a pleasure. My instructor was encouraging and supportive throughout the whole process and made the build up for the test a lot less stressful. I would recommend him to anyone!… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/11/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review, congratulations on the pass

“Lovely instructor ”

Written on: 15/10/2019 by rebeccahedley (1 review written)

I’m currently having lessons with a man who is such a lovely and genuine instructor. Is extremely patient and nothing is to much to ask. Always asks what I want from each lesson. Never gets frustrated or looses his temper. I feel very comfortable and secure in my driving lessons. Would 100% recommend him as an instructor!… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to rebeccahedley's Review

Written on: 16/10/2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review and it's amazing to hear you're enjoying learning to drive. Good luck for when you take your test.

Read 1 Comment

“Passed 1st Time in SW London!”

Written on: 15/10/2019 by Ri2aS2 (1 review written)

I would definitely recommend my instructor with the AA driving school to friends and family. After a long string of instructors messing me around, from filling up their cars during lessons to squeezing tons of lessons in from me before saying they had booked a holiday on my test date, I found my instructor didn't mess me around and was a very honest instructor. I came to him having driven for 40hrs roughly prior in Portsmouth and had only 2 weeks before my test to pass in London. He has a… Read Full Review

“Passed 1st time with in Oxford”

Written on: 23/09/2019

My first instructor was shocking he was clearly in it for the money I had 9 lessons with him and he wouldn't even let me drive off or drive home most of which were in a car park, alot of money wastes on him..soon realised I was not getting anywhere... changed instructor only to find out previous instructor had taught me wrong he let me drive off first lesson. I pretty much had to start from scratch again but he was fantastic always on time very accommodating, patient, wish I could name names so… Read Full Review

“Professional, flexible and helpful.”

Written on: 02/09/2019 by Passed1stE (1 review written)

I had a instructor who helped me pass my test first time with the AA driving school, he was flexible, professional and very helpful. Would highly recommend them… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Passed1stE's Review

Written on: 04/09/2019

It's brilliant to hear you've been able to pass first time, well done. Enjoy the roads and thank you for reviewing your learning experience.

Chithrasri's Response to Passed1stE's Review

Written on: 10/09/2019

Chabel is very good instructor.

Read 2 Comments

“Awful experience. ”

Written on: 22/08/2019 by Sterling442 (1 review written)

I was really dissapointed wih the AA. I took about £1000 worth of lessons with them but my instuctor was not helpful. He used to shout at me if i made a mistake and slam the dashboard occasionally. He did not have much driving experience as he was only 25yrs old. I would not recommend the AA… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/08/2019

We're ever so sorry to hear this and would like to have this reviewed further. If you haven't already raised your concerns with the team directly please do so by emailing them. Please include your full name, home address, pupil number and contact number.

“Rubbish customer service”

Written on: 22/08/2019 by Helen2222 (1 review written)

As a parent - be aware, you need to set up authorities for yourself to book the lessons at the outset. Tried to find a new instructor for my daughter as her original one left and account is locked and only available to her - despite my paying for it all and her being a minor! Rude and unhelpful service. Shocked that this is part of the AA… Read Full Review

“Passed in 1st Attempt”

Written on: 17/08/2019 by fhHealy28 (1 review written)

AA assigned me Traineer and I cant thank AA and my trainer more. Awesome trainer. Great attitude. Knows exactly how you will be accessed in the test. Tells you your weak points and make you practice them again and again till you perfect yourself. I cleared my test at first attempt… Read Full Review

“Very good instructor ”

Written on: 14/08/2019 by Anand86 (1 review written)

It was great learning experience , my instructor was very good and patient with me, which give me lots of confidence . Thank you … Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Anand86's Review

Written on: 15/08/2019

Congratulations on passing your test, thanks for choosing us. Safe driving on the roads.

“Professional service ”

Written on: 14/08/2019 by Pollard1959 (1 review written)

Driving instructor was very professional, reliable and gave very easy and clear instructions. The car was in excellent condition and I would strongly recommend the instructor I had to anyone… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/08/2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to come online and leave your lovely review :) We hope you've been enjoying getting out and about on the roads.

Read 1 Comment

“Fantastically professional instructor ”

Written on: 01/08/2019 by Tewolde (1 review written)

Fantastic experience with AA from start over the phone to meeting and learning driving with my instructor in Wood Green area. He’s such a professional that drives out my potential and gave me a confidence in my driving lesson. Identified my strength and work on my improvements to bring me to a testing standards. I passed at the first time. Thank you to my instructor and AA team. I highly rate my instructor and the company in general… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Tewolde's Review

Written on: 05/08/2019

Thanks so much for your 5 star review

“Great service”

Written on: 22/07/2019 by Kara5445 (1 review written)

My lady Instruktor was amazing, very patience and flexible with hours. I passed at the first time. Highly recommend… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Kara5445's Review

Written on: 26/07/2019

Congratulations on passing your test :-) Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Read 1 Comment

“Great instructor Charbel ”

Written on: 13/07/2019 by Lola22dfg (1 review written)

Wonderful experience with AA. Thanks to my very helpful and thorough instructor Charbel who was wonderful from start of my learning experience to finish. Accurate instructions from Charbel I highly recommend him. Thanks again Charbel and all the best… Read Full Review