The AA Driving School, nationwide UK Reviews

The AA Driving School, nationwide UK - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The AA Driving School, nationwide UK

“Excellent instructor”

Written on: 12/07/2021 by OliveForever (1 review written)

My two children had lessons with an instructor in Leighton Buzzard. From my point of view with regards to organising the lessons, I found Ian to be extremely easy to deal with. Firstly, I was able to deal with him directly, he was very responsive, flexible and understanding when booking/changing lessons. He was also 100% reliable - he always turned up and was always on time, which I know should be mandatory but it isn't always a given! I asked my boys what Ian was like as an instructor - here… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to OliveForever's Review

Written on: 23/07/2021

We're over the moon to see this, thanks so much for your feedback.

“Awful company ”

Written on: 04/07/2021 by AI-maidenhead (1 review written)

My daughter paid for 2 lessons in December and they were cancelled due to lockdown. When they restarted, the instructor just disappeared, ignored all text messages and would not pick up the phone. My daughter has emailed, called, used their app but nothing. She wants the money back, It has been 6 months already. What gives them the right to keep money for a service they did not deliver Awful company, keep away… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to AI-maidenhead's Review

Written on: 05/07/2021

Hi, please ask your Daughter to speak with our Live Chat team on the website who can get this sorted. If she's still struggling, ask her to pop her an email with a copy of this review her Pupil ID, and phone number to our website and we'll arrange a call back.

Read 1 Comment

“Insructor will get you to pass”

Written on: 25/06/2021 by Lucious123 (1 review written)

If you want to pass quickly and effectively get my instructor to teach you, there is no other way… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Lucious123's Review

Written on: 29/06/2021

Congratulations, well done on passing your test and thanks for sharing your experience by leaving this review.

Read 1 Comment

“Having passed my test in Greenford with only two...”

Written on: 25/06/2021 by vicmrambo (1 review written)

Having passed my test in Greenford with only two minors this week I am so relieved but would have not been possible without my amazing instructor. He was patient, reassuring and made sure I was a safe and confident driver. Thanks to him I did not only pass but feel happy and safe driving in any situation. He gets you prepared for the test but also for everyday driving which is essential. Would recommend to any one and wish you all good luck. … Read Full Review

“Driving instructor rude!”

Written on: 21/06/2021 by FnsjdijJ (1 review written)

Had a block of 5 lessons (10 hours). My driving instructor refused to let me go on the roads even though I was capable and confident. I was told if I scuffed his tires he would get out and check then charge me. I was also told that I’d be best driving an automatic. My friend had the same instructor and she left because of similar issues!… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to FnsjdijJ's Review

Written on: 22/06/2021

Hi, we'd really like to look into this. Please pop us an email with a copy of this review, your pupil ID, the instructor's name, your postcode and name. [email protected]

Read 1 Comment

“Brilliant Driving School and Instructor ”

Written on: 12/06/2021 by AndrewWestLondon (1 review written)

I passed today with two minors in the Hendon (London) test centre! My instructor is patient, kind, and very knowledgeable. He took me to all the spots around potential test routes where many students fail. He would talk me through everything so well, and we’d keep practicing with what I found challenging until I built more confidence. He is a 10/10 instructor. I highly recommend him. Thank you for everything!… Read Full Review

Bislimshala's Response to AndrewWestLondon's Review

Written on: 14/06/2021

Many thanks for kind words, wishing you safe drive for life
Kind regards driving instructor

The Aa's Response to AndrewWestLondon's Review

Written on: 14/06/2021

That's fantastic news, congratulations.

Read 2 Comments

“Do not book a lesson with this company.”

Written on: 08/06/2021 by Hendrix2 (1 review written)

I booked 10 lessons for my son online and after a number of excuses from the instructor he never got a lesson. I went back online to change his instructor and nobody got back in touch. Asked for a full refund and I am still waiting. I have never experienced such bad customer service. I would not recommend the AA driving school… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Hendrix2's Review

Written on: 08/06/2021

We're sorry to hear you were disappointed with the service. Refunds are taking up to 28 days to be processed, this will be returned to the payment method used at the time. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to click and chat with a live agent on our website.

Read 1 Comment

“The AA driving school is ridiculous! ”

Written on: 17/05/2021 by CindyMcHugh (1 review written)

I paid £61 online on the AA's website in order to top up my account to book lessons. The money went out of my bank account but never showed up on the AA's website so I could not book lessons! It was the weekend so I emailed them since there was no option to do a live chat or phone call to customer service. They are not opened on the weekends. They never replied to my email! 2 days later on the Monday when I could finally contact customer service via live chat, the guy I spoke to said they did… Read Full Review

The Aa's Comment

Written on: 17/05/2021

Hi, we're sorry to hear you've been left feeling this way. The demand for instructors has been extremely high since lessons were able to start again. We'd always advised a pupil to check availability at our website as there may be a wait for an available instructor. You can also register for text alerts to let you know as soon as an instructor becomes free in your area. We do advise allow up to 28 days for the refund to show although we'd always hope to have this completed way before then.

Read 1 Comment

“Serious school and fantastic instructor Bislim Shala ”

Written on: 15/02/2021 by jbplondon (1 review written)

I had a great learning experience thanks to my instructor: very knowledgable, focused on real driving, friendly, encouraging and very reactive: thank you! Passed at second try but was not 100% ready at first try. Cannot talk for other instructors, but in my case 100% recommendation… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to jbplondon's Review

Written on: 16/02/2021

Congratulations on passing, and thanks so much for your 5* review

Read 1 Comment

“Overhyped and unnecessary ”

Written on: 24/10/2020 by Foleypi236 (1 review written)

I had the absolute misfortune of doing my lessons with AA driving school instructor. Not only did he shriek and shout at me consistently for minor faults but was also rude and condescending and I would feel discouraged .I do believe that this breaks a learners confidence and this is not the way to instruct a learner.In fact shouldn't a calm demeanor be a pre requisite in a driving instructor?I was pulled up for the most minor faults and broke down behind the wheel on one instance.I got no… Read Full Review

The Aa's Comment

Written on: 10/11/2020

Hi there, we're so sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. To get in touch with us, please email us.

“Terrible experience ”

Written on: 24/10/2020 by PR2189 (1 review written)

I had seen good reviews about AA driving school online and hence enrolled for car driving lessons with AA. My instructor was extremely rude and gave me a horrible time . He was always in the edge and made me extremely nervous. I had to discontinue my lessons abruptly as I couldn’t focus on my driving due to this behaviour. An instructor needs to be calm and encouraging. I was so disappointed that I did not continue with AA and went for a different driving school and I have passed my driving… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to PR2189's Review

Written on: 28/10/2020

We're so sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. Please email the details, along with your pupil and phone number to us.

Read 1 Comment

“Great! Passed first time!”

Written on: 20/10/2020 by CatherineDarcy (1 review written)

I learnt to drive with my instructor and I passed first time! Learning in London can be daunting but he was understanding, patient, and a great teacher. He would ask me what I would like to learn each lesson and we would repeat things if I didn't feel like I had fully grasped it. His car was clean, he was professional, I felt safe in a car with him. He's flexible with his timings so I could learn before work which fitted around my schedule perfectly. Would highly recommend. Using the AA was… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to CatherineDarcy's Review

Written on: 24/10/2020

Hey Cathrine, thanks for the 5-star review. We're so happy to hear about your experience. Congratulations on passing your test. Drive safe :-)

“The Best”

Written on: 13/10/2020 by DrSanjoyGhosh (1 review written)

As we moved to UK I started practices my driving lesson with AA and got my instructor. He is the best instructor in many ways- very professional, boost the confidence in no time, moreover he has a great heart. What a pleasure to learn driving from him. Every lesson he was on time and dedicated. This improved my driving ability enormously. In terms of driving training- he always pointed out even small mistake and corrected progressively. I passed my test in the first attempt- once again he is a… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to DrSanjoyGhosh's Review

Written on: 19/10/2020

Hi, this is lovely to hear. Congratulations on passing your test and thanks for this glowing review. We're sure the instructor would love to hear about it. Please visit our website and click to chat with an advisor, they'll be happy to take the details and thank him :-)

“Passed first time ”

Written on: 12/10/2020 by JosephAllison (1 review written)

I passed my driving test today after taking lessons with my instructor. I was a bit nervous at first but she put me at ease and I found I picked everything up really easily. He was really clear and he made everything easy to understand. I really needed to pass first time for my job and I did thanks to my instructor. Thanks for making it so easy!… Read Full Review

“The Best Driving Instructor”

Written on: 10/10/2020 by HRich9899 (1 review written)

My driving instructor was the best. He taught me well and reassured me when I had no confidence in myself. I was hesitant to learn in a manual car but he made it so much easier and actually made me enjoy learning. In addition to this he helped me pass my test and I only got 2 minor faults. I would definitely recommend my instructor to anyone looking to learn how to drive. … Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to HRich9899's Review

Written on: 12/10/2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your experience. It's lovely to hear your Instructor made learning to drive easy and enjoyable. Congratulations on passing your test, safe driving for the future.

“Amazing Instructor”

Written on: 07/10/2020 by tahhabutt (1 review written)

Very good experienced instructor. Had a great time during lessons as he would teach me extensively how to do certain things and how to improve. He would always call me out on mistakes which helped me focus on them more and improve at a good pace. I passed first time with only 2 minors thanks to my instructor… Read Full Review

“My instructor is an absolute legend of a driving...”

Written on: 29/09/2020 by Yosoff (1 review written)

My instructor is an absolute legend of a driving instructor, he helped me pass my driving test first time with only 2 minors! He gives very useful constructive feedback, he gives you lots of test tips which have helped me pass first time, he's very patient and also a great person to talk to. I would recommend to anyone… Read Full Review

“Fantastic Driving Instructor”

Written on: 12/09/2020 by lucastitus (1 review written)

Despite lockdown and a long period without driving, my instructor helped me pass my manual driving test with ease. In just a few lessons I was able to start driving on the main roads. His methodological techniques, tips, and experience have helped me progress quickly and confidently. Lessons are very enjoyable and the instructor will patiently point out and help rectify any faults during the drive. My instructor's flexibility with booking lessons was also highly appreciated. The car was clean… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to lucastitus's Review

Written on: 16/09/2020

Congratulations from us all here and thanks for taking the time to leave a lovely review.

“AA instructor”

Written on: 11/09/2020 by Schwartzez178 (1 review written)

My instructor is a friendly, intelligent and punctual instructor. I was recommended him by a friend and have recommended him to two friends. Thanks to him and all the best… Read Full Review

“Brilliant teaching ”

Written on: 09/09/2020 by ronang88 (1 review written)

Very good and enjoyable lessons Teaching is clear with good techniques and great areas covered. The car is brilliant and comfortable, perfect for beginners, coupled with useful and experienced instructors making the learning experience enjoyable and most importantly very safe. Due to this good teaching I learnt very quickly and excluding a large gap caused by COVID I was able to pass my test relatively quickly. All round good, quick and reliable Service with constant safe learning techniques… Read Full Review

Bislimshala's Response to ronang88's Review

Written on: 09/09/2020

It was pleasure to have helped you, wishing you safe drive for life
Kind regards Bislim Shala driving instructor