The AA Driving School, nationwide UK Reviews

The AA Driving School, nationwide UK - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The AA Driving School, nationwide UK

“Extremely unhappy!!!! ”

Written on: 06/11/2019 by AydinCollins (1 review written)

I paid so much money and practiced so many hours driving a fully labelled driving school car Ford fiesta. Few days before my test the ford fiesta broke down and the AA provided a Peugeot instead. I had one day to prepare for my test with this car and had to learn all the references and show me questions from the start. The car they provided had no labels (not a driving school car). I complained and showed my frustration and stress but they did not care about my concerns. I am not a professional… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/11/2019

Hi there, we're sorry to see you were left feeling unhappy with the Driving School. It's unfortunate that the car you'd had your lessons in had broken-down just before your test was due. We hope you spoke with the contact centre at the time to review what options were available, including how long the repair may take, the possibility of changing instructor to the same Ford car, postponing your test until the repair had taken place etc.

Sami.rose's Comment

Written on: 18/11/2019

I spoke many times with the contact centre however they did nothing to solve the issue. They said the only option was for me to go on my test with the Peugeot and that if i do not pass they will have my back. I called them back after failing my test and all I got was a rude guy with an attitude on the phone, telling me to take my complains to a lawyer. Unbelievable.

Read 2 Comments

“Fantastic Service! 1st Time Past.”

Written on: 30/10/2019

Absolutely fantastic! Lovely Instrustor in Croydon who was always patient and made learning to drive a pleasure. My instructor was encouraging and supportive throughout the whole process and made the build up for the test a lot less stressful. I would recommend him to anyone!… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/11/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review, congratulations on the pass

“Lovely instructor ”

Written on: 15/10/2019 by rebeccahedley (1 review written)

I’m currently having lessons with a man who is such a lovely and genuine instructor. Is extremely patient and nothing is to much to ask. Always asks what I want from each lesson. Never gets frustrated or looses his temper. I feel very comfortable and secure in my driving lessons. Would 100% recommend him as an instructor!… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to rebeccahedley's Review

Written on: 16/10/2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review and it's amazing to hear you're enjoying learning to drive. Good luck for when you take your test.

Read 1 Comment

“Passed 1st Time in SW London!”

Written on: 15/10/2019 by Ri2aS2 (1 review written)

I would definitely recommend my instructor with the AA driving school to friends and family. After a long string of instructors messing me around, from filling up their cars during lessons to squeezing tons of lessons in from me before saying they had booked a holiday on my test date, I found my instructor didn't mess me around and was a very honest instructor. I came to him having driven for 40hrs roughly prior in Portsmouth and had only 2 weeks before my test to pass in London. He has a… Read Full Review

“Passed 1st time with in Oxford”

Written on: 23/09/2019

My first instructor was shocking he was clearly in it for the money I had 9 lessons with him and he wouldn't even let me drive off or drive home most of which were in a car park, alot of money wastes on him..soon realised I was not getting anywhere... changed instructor only to find out previous instructor had taught me wrong he let me drive off first lesson. I pretty much had to start from scratch again but he was fantastic always on time very accommodating, patient, wish I could name names so… Read Full Review

“Professional, flexible and helpful.”

Written on: 02/09/2019 by Passed1stE (1 review written)

I had a instructor who helped me pass my test first time with the AA driving school, he was flexible, professional and very helpful. Would highly recommend them… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Passed1stE's Review

Written on: 04/09/2019

It's brilliant to hear you've been able to pass first time, well done. Enjoy the roads and thank you for reviewing your learning experience.

Chithrasri's Response to Passed1stE's Review

Written on: 10/09/2019

Chabel is very good instructor.

Read 2 Comments

“Awful experience. ”

Written on: 22/08/2019 by Sterling442 (1 review written)

I was really dissapointed wih the AA. I took about £1000 worth of lessons with them but my instuctor was not helpful. He used to shout at me if i made a mistake and slam the dashboard occasionally. He did not have much driving experience as he was only 25yrs old. I would not recommend the AA… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/08/2019

We're ever so sorry to hear this and would like to have this reviewed further. If you haven't already raised your concerns with the team directly please do so by emailing them. Please include your full name, home address, pupil number and contact number.

“Rubbish customer service”

Written on: 22/08/2019 by Helen2222 (1 review written)

As a parent - be aware, you need to set up authorities for yourself to book the lessons at the outset. Tried to find a new instructor for my daughter as her original one left and account is locked and only available to her - despite my paying for it all and her being a minor! Rude and unhelpful service. Shocked that this is part of the AA… Read Full Review

“Passed in 1st Attempt”

Written on: 17/08/2019 by fhHealy28 (1 review written)

AA assigned me Traineer and I cant thank AA and my trainer more. Awesome trainer. Great attitude. Knows exactly how you will be accessed in the test. Tells you your weak points and make you practice them again and again till you perfect yourself. I cleared my test at first attempt… Read Full Review

“Very good instructor ”

Written on: 14/08/2019 by Anand86 (1 review written)

It was great learning experience , my instructor was very good and patient with me, which give me lots of confidence . Thank you … Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Anand86's Review

Written on: 15/08/2019

Congratulations on passing your test, thanks for choosing us. Safe driving on the roads.

“Professional service ”

Written on: 14/08/2019 by Pollard1959 (1 review written)

Driving instructor was very professional, reliable and gave very easy and clear instructions. The car was in excellent condition and I would strongly recommend the instructor I had to anyone… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/08/2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to come online and leave your lovely review :) We hope you've been enjoying getting out and about on the roads.

Read 1 Comment

“Fantastically professional instructor ”

Written on: 01/08/2019 by Tewolde (1 review written)

Fantastic experience with AA from start over the phone to meeting and learning driving with my instructor in Wood Green area. He’s such a professional that drives out my potential and gave me a confidence in my driving lesson. Identified my strength and work on my improvements to bring me to a testing standards. I passed at the first time. Thank you to my instructor and AA team. I highly rate my instructor and the company in general… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Tewolde's Review

Written on: 05/08/2019

Thanks so much for your 5 star review

“Great service”

Written on: 22/07/2019 by Kara5445 (1 review written)

My lady Instruktor was amazing, very patience and flexible with hours. I passed at the first time. Highly recommend… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Kara5445's Review

Written on: 26/07/2019

Congratulations on passing your test :-) Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Read 1 Comment

“Great instructor Charbel ”

Written on: 13/07/2019 by Lola22dfg (1 review written)

Wonderful experience with AA. Thanks to my very helpful and thorough instructor Charbel who was wonderful from start of my learning experience to finish. Accurate instructions from Charbel I highly recommend him. Thanks again Charbel and all the best… Read Full Review

“Excellent”

Written on: 12/07/2019 by Egihy (1 review written)

I had driving lessons in Plymouth, and the instructor was very good every lesson. He was always on time with the lessons and always gave me the full 2 hour lessons, and went through the important things in particular before we started the lesson. He is very kind, polite and is always wanting you to do better every lesson. He has some good techniques when teaching students and tips and tricks on how to do certain things. I would fully recommend him to anyone willing to learn… Read Full Review

“funtastic, superb and reliable instructor”

Written on: 09/07/2019 by Gomez1992 (1 review written)

I had a driving instructor called "Charbel", He is very talented and the way he teaches the lessons is funtastic. I remember when i do mistakes he never makes you feel bad or insults, but on the other side he explains very well and in a calm manner. he is always before time of lessons and organise very nicely the time when every i am available. I will 10/10 recommend him to my friends and family. as he is the best as a instructor and human. Thank you "The AA"and "Charbel" once again for… Read Full Review

“Amazing experience with AA instructor”

Written on: 25/06/2019 by ahmedhesham (1 review written)

I had an amazing experience with AA in June 2019 at Oxford. I have not had any driving lessons before. It was easy and straight forward to book driving lessons online. There was reasonable number of instructors available and was easy to start lessons fairly soon after booking (3 days). I was super lucky that I was assigned to my instructor. He has it all, knowledge, talent, patience, nice and pleasant to spend two hours continuously with! He was always on time, professional, always… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to ahmedhesham's Review

Written on: 26/06/2019

Hi there, firstly congratulations on passing your test with no faults! That's an amazing achievement and something that you should be very proud of. We're so pleased our instructor was so helpful and conscientious in getting you ready for your test and making you feel comfortable at the wheel. Thank you for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback.

“Charbel is the best”

Written on: 20/06/2019

Charbel is very committed and puts all his effort into making sure you get the best out of the hours you put in. His assessment is very fair and accurate. He makes sure you are thorough in what you learn. When he says you are ready for the test, you are, else you are not. I trust him completely as an instructor and would highly recommend him! … Read Full Review

“Professional service with no hidden costs”

Written on: 13/06/2019 by Solbery (1 review written)

I would like to do a review for my driving instructor who did an excellent job coaching me for my driving test. He was very calm which is important as I tend to get nervous & he got me prepared with very minimal lessons for the test & I managed to pass the test on my very first attempt. Thank you so much AA Driving School for such a professional driving instructor. Kind regards … Read Full Review

“Ideal Learner Experience”

Written on: 03/06/2019 by oscarjhansen (1 review written)

The AA found me an experienced and highly-qualified instructor who has been teaching all experience levels and ages for many years. He was therefore a dream to learn with, being always helpful and friendly but constantly pushing me to learn positively and at a pace that was right for me. I was very excited and motivated to learn to drive and I took to lessons very quickly, meaning that he could accelerate the learning curve for me. Equally though, he deals excellently with learners for whom… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to oscarjhansen's Review

Written on: 04/06/2019

Hi there, firstly a massive congratulations on passing your test. We're so pleased to hear how helpful and patient our instructor was when learning to drive with us and how you would recommend us to all your friends. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.