BSM, Nationwide UK Reviews

Media Gallery for BSM, Nationwide UK

BSM, Nationwide UK

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Lack of communication, poor organization.”

Written on: 12/08/2021 by ManuVega (1 review written)

My wife's experience with BSM was a total waste of time. Needing a lesson for her to learn to drive, she bought a 10-hour package at BSM on 17.06.202 out of the 40 hours she decided to do. She waited for the first lesson of 11.08.2021 during all this time she was not contacted by anyone to say that she cannot start the lesson. Lack of communication, poor organization and unsecured services… Read Full Review

Bsm1's Response to ManuVega's Review

Written on: 14/08/2021

Hi there, we're sorry to hear you've been left feeling this way. You should receive notification within 24 hours of the lessons. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us via our live Web Chat service between Mon to Fri 9am-5pm, so we can look into this.

Read 1 Comment

“Warning instructor unprofessional and unreliable”

Written on: 29/07/2021 by 406McIntyre (1 review written)

Sadly my experience was really traumatic my driving instructor kept on cancelling or not pitching up 4 lessons,and on the day of my test he told me to meet him at the test center as he was to busy to pick me up and do the lesson I paid for before my driving test and then he didn't even pinch up at my test center. On personal note I will never recommend him as he lets his students down… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/07/2021

This isn't the standard we expect, please email a copy of this review to us Including your full name, pupil number, postcode and contact number so we can look into this.

“Do NOT choose BSM ”

Written on: 21/07/2021 by IdrisSue (1 review written)

Their prices are very expensive and keep changing suddenly without any previous notification. When It's almost my test either the price would increase significantly or my instructor would ask for a bulk amount of money to be able to do the test, and I only get notified regarding this the night before the test. I stuck with BSM and had to keep going instead of keep spending money and start all over again, But I wouldn't recommend it to someone who's is starting to look for driving lessons… Read Full Review

Bsm1's Response to IdrisSue's Review

Written on: 28/07/2021

Hi, we'd like to look into this for you. Please email a copy of this review, your full name, pupil number, postcode and contact number to us.

“Total Let Down”

Written on: 15/07/2021 by rowles1980 (1 review written)

My daughter received terrible service, her test is on Tuesday 20th July. She only managed to book in two lessons out of a block booking as they were too busy to accommodate. The second and last time the instructor turned up, he couldn't even remember meeting her or coming to our address! Her last lesson before her test was booked this morning, she received a text the day before confirming and then he was a no show. Wouldn't answer his phone or reply to texts. No support or help from BSM at all… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to rowles1980's Review

Written on: 23/07/2021

Hi, you'd get a discount on the first block of lessons you book, after that they'd revert to the price set by the Instructor hourly. If you'd like us to look into what happened with the Instructor, please speak to our Live Chat team who'll be able to help.

The Aa's Response to rowles1980's Review

Written on: 23/07/2021

Hi, we're really sorry to see this. Please ask your Daughter to contact our Live Chat team, so we can help.

Read 2 Comments

“Poor driving instructor ”

Written on: 22/10/2018 by MaximJones (1 review written)

I'm writing on behalf of my girlfriend who (bless her) is too shy to speak out about the issues she has faced dealing with her instructor, I wont name him on here out decency (ironically considering). On at least five occasions she's had calls/texts from him saying that he is too sick to do the arranged lesson at the time that lesson was supposed to start. Absolutely no notice given. As well as this, there has been too many times where he has called up to state (not ask) that he will be… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/10/2018

Hi, we'd like to address this and feed it back to the instructor. If your Girlfriend hasn't spoken with our Customer Service about these issues so that they can help maybe arrange another instructor, please contact us via our website 'contact us' page and we'll have this looked in to ASAP. Thank you.

Read 1 Comment

“Warning to anyone thinking of using BSM”

Written on: 23/03/2018 by Zoyia (1 review written)

WARNING to anyone thinking about using BSM, I am a 34yr old mother and I don’t scare easily. But when my instructor a grown man turnef and verbally attack me in the car shouting and swearing st me I felt so shaken I had no option but to get out of the car in a snow storm and walk 20 minutes to get home, as I didn’t feel safe or know how far he was going to go. This was due me tapping his wing mirror no damage was done not even a stash. Only to then call in to report the incident and then… Read Full Review

Bsm1's Response to Zoyia's Review

Written on: 24/03/2018

Hi, we're really sorry to learn of your experience and are pleased to hear you have raised your concerns with the relevant team already. Please get in touch via our web site contact us page if you have not yet received your refund, we'll be happy to chase this up for you.

“Speeding”

Written on: 01/05/2017 by Abdielt462 (1 review written)

This is not about personal experience as a learner, however on Sunday 23rd April a BSM car was speeding along Est End Rd, London N2 at approximately 10.45am. It was the part of the road near the 5 Bells pub. They were doing about 40 miles per hour and there were 2 people in the car. 40mph is way too fast for that road; I was trying to pull out of a side road which is how I saw the car. It is not uncommon for some reason for people to speed along that section of road but I would not expect it from… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/05/2017

We are sorry to hear this and would like to have your concerns addressed internally with the instructor. From the information mentioned we have passed your comments on so a full investigation can be completed. Kind Regards BSM.

“Dangerous BSM INSTUCTOR!”

Written on: 19/02/2017 by ljVance223 (1 review written)

Driving behind this BSM INSTRUCTOR of car REG no KS66 CLX, Instructor in his 50's with dark rimmed glasses! Not only did we observe this instructors behaviour but it has been recorded on DASH CAM! Instructor observed driving so close to the kerb that I was concerned that he would hit or mount the kerb! Also on the cycle path! Kept a good distance on the residential street in Trumpington CAMBRIDGE, flashed the driver and waved my hand for him to understand that he was veering across the road… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/03/2017

Hi, We expect all those representing BSM to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times and so would like to thank you for your recent communication.

From the registration details you've posted, we will be conducting a full investigation which will be dealt with internally. We assure you that we take complaints such as this very seriously and that steps will be taken to thoroughly look into this. Thank you. BSM

“Instructor was terrible!”

Written on: 03/02/2017 by 415Scott (1 review written)

My instructor was awful! Told me I could do things which I wasn't supposed to (said I could cross my hands on the steering wheel) caused a crash on one of my lessons and tried blaming me!!! Luckily I passed first time or I would not of been paying for any more lessons with BSM!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/02/2017

This is concerning and we hope you raised the issue with our customer service team so that they could investigate it at the time for you. We're glad to hear you have gone on to pass your test first time! Congratulations.

“A joke!!”

Written on: 26/01/2017 by Elainerichardson (1 review written)

I am unable to comment on the instructors as we have yet to meet any. My son was bought vouchers for his birthday last September and has been trying to book ever since. Apparently there are no instructors free in this area....in four months? Happy to take the money though!! We have had poor customer service then...fobbed off every time, promises that managers will get back to us etc...still waiting. Simple fact is they have the money and have not delivered the service paid for.I think there's a… Read Full Review

Bsm1's Response to Elainerichardson's Review

Written on: 30/01/2017

Hi, we're sorry to hear that we have not been able to locate an instructor for your Son to take his driving lessons using his vouchers. We hope that you have since spoken with our customer service team if not please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page, we'll be happy to pick this up and contact you to discuss further. Thank you. BSM

Read 1 Comment

“Overpriced, offensive and unreliable instrutors”

Written on: 02/12/2016

Had a terrible experience with 2 of my instructors, although the 3rd one was notably better than the first two. Instructor 1 was constantly on his mobile phone, scary enough for any new driver, but I was also pregnant and therefore could not be too careful. I reported this to BSM and believe he was reprimanded accordingly, although no one ever followed up with me. I had one more lesson with instructor 1 before changing - and in this lesson, instead of being on his phone, he proceeded to stare… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/12/2016

We're sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and would like to investigate the comments made. Please get in touch at your earliest convenience via our web site 'contact us' page and we will get this addressed as soon as possible. Kind regards

Read 1 Comment

“don't recommend this school”

Written on: 08/11/2016 by Roweap462 (1 review written)

Driving instructor always was late, always have some stupid reasons like oo sorry i don't know really well this area :)) so in my exam i use different car with instructor, find in internet and pas, never don't recommend this school, there is much more reasons, but I'm to lazy to write all of them. So guys if u want to learn how to drive, don't waste your time and money with this school… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/12/2016

Hi, we only offer the highest quality of service from our instructors, we are confident all our instructors are highly trained to assist you through your lessons. We offer all pupils access to our Customer Service Centre where they can discuss any matters with our team which we hope you raised at the time so the team could look in to this for you.

“waste of time!”

Written on: 30/04/2016 by Baldwin60 (1 review written)

Booked 10 lessons with the instructor who came up on the system as available for my area. Instructor eventually arrived 20 minutes late, with a flat tyre, and stated that he is unable to teach me as he "lives too far away". This was going to be my first driving lesson, so there were a lot of nerves and waiting around all morning. Feels like a complete waste of a day. Not sure why the instructor didn't a)realise I was too far when my booking came through to him, and b) hadn't set his limits… Read Full Review

“Would not recommend. ”

Written on: 03/04/2016 by Porternh441 (1 review written)

Was really excited for my first ever driving lesson yesterday, and I came home so anxious and depressed that I actually considered quitting learning there and then. Driving instructor decided to bring his political views 5 minutes into the lesson (which didn't help him at all), kept messing up my paperwork with another students, always had a moan or raised his voice whenever I did something wrong despite knowing I didn't know anything about driving and wasn't going to be Lewis Hamilton, spent… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/04/2016

Hi Porternh441, we would like the opportunity to address this for you. We're very sorry to heat that your first lesson was not what you expected and hope that you have been in touch with our customer services team to discuss this. If you haven't, please don't hesitate to get in touch via our website 'contact us' page. We'd like to help. Many thanks

“Bad customer service ”

Written on: 21/01/2016 by Domingueztw136 (1 review written)

Booked 2 hours lesson but at the time of lesson instructor didn't turn up, contacted their help line and they said instructor forgot to mention on his dairy had to claim for a refund waste of time would not recommend to anyone… Read Full Review

“incompetent, boring and aggressive ”

Written on: 06/01/2016 by Thomsonst368 (1 review written)

Firstly, I thought going with a national driving school would give me reassurance of good quality driving instructors. Only having just turned 19 - I hast to admit I was quite vulnerable (yet already had driven on quiet roads and had an optimistic view of passing quickly - which the bsm instructor was championing too... telling me i was one of his best pupils (false hope)). it then quickly changed and on the 6th hour he became very aggressive and shouting at me after i had gone round a… Read Full Review

The Aa's Comment

Written on: 07/01/2016

Hello, this is concerning and we would very much like to address this. If you haven't spoken to our customer services team already regarding your dissatisfaction please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page and we will be happy to help with this. Kind Regards

“DONT DO IT!!! ”

Written on: 24/10/2015 by Kemppv60 (1 review written)

This company is the wrost drving school I have ever come across, think twice before you guys sign on to BSM because the last thing you want to do is lose your money , I booked 2 hours with this company and the following week I had one of the memebers of staff calling me to let me know that the instructer that they put me on with said he cant add someone else to his list ,bear in mind I already had paid 53.00pounds for the two hours that they already set for me ,so I said to myself ok instead… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/10/2015

Hi, we're very sorry to read of your experience and would like the opportunity to address this for you. If you haven't already been in touch with our customer services team, please contact us via our website. We'd like to help. Kind Regards, BSM

Read 1 Comment

“Disgraceful service by BSM”

Written on: 03/10/2015 by Patel999 (1 review written)

I will not be recommending BSM to anyone. Absolutely poor service and you don't get your value for money! My instructor, kept on pulling me over to the side of the road, I kid you not, around 8-10 times each 1 hour lesson. He gave me a massive long lecture for something so small that I did, for instances, not indicating quick enough or not looking at my mirrors. In actual fact, I only got to spend around 30 minutes out of the 60 each lesson, on actually driving. Furthermore, the day of my… Read Full Review

“think twice”

Written on: 24/09/2015 by LaurynWhite (1 review written)

Here is what happened to me yesterday. I was going to have my lesson yesterday afternoon. I got home and realised my house was broken in, I sent a txt to my instructor to request lesson reschedule 40 minutes before the lesson was supposed to begin, he arrived on time, saying he couldn't read the txt while driving (how do I know if that's true), and insisted charging me full 2-hour fee (36 quid). Any emergency should be reported 48 hours before... the emergency (redefining the term now). The BSM… Read Full Review

“NO VALUE FOR MONEY!”

Written on: 18/06/2015 by 85Padilla (1 review written)

I AM NOT RECOMMENDING BSM. It's either he is late or undertime. I did not get my value for money. I am not very pleased most of the time we were stoppingg on the side of the road and he is talking the same thing over and over. I don't know if he just want to save some petrol or what. Disappointing! Money grabber!… Read Full Review

The Aa's Comment

Written on: 26/06/2015

Hello, we are sorry to hear this and do hope that you have contacted us to address your dissatisfaction. If not, please get in touch via our website at your earliest convenience and we'd like to help. Kind Regards