Smallbone Cars, Clitheroe Reviews

2.5
  • Customer service

Smallbone Cars, Clitheroe - Ask a question now

“I have bought from them on a number of occasions. I...”

written by on 04/08/2010

I have bought from them on a number of occasions. I like the fact that they have always taken time to find the right car for me and their back up support has been great.

“They were to fix a violent rattle in the steering...”

written by Equaliser on 02/09/2009

They were to fix a violent rattle in the steering prior to the time of sale which they failed to do. Shockingly, by simply replacing some droplinks they weren't even aware that they hadn't fixed the problem. After receiving the car on no fewer then 4 occaisions (total period without car 3 weeks), each time the car was returned apparently nothing had been done. Each time the car was returned, I made them aware of the fact that I considered it was the steering rack as I had also done prior to the time of sale and that this should be rectified prior to sale. The steering rack was eventually proven and Smallbone Cars agreed I should arrange rectification and they would cover costs. They then ignored this agreement. Beware.

“I have bought two cars from Smallbone Cars in...”

written by on 30/12/2008

I have bought two cars from Smallbone Cars in Clitheroe and they have sold one on my behalf. Will certainly not hesitate to use them again and recommend them to my friends.

479483_John Barkess's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2009

I've ensured my friends and family stay away and I'd urge others do the same. All very well to say satisfactory when you have no problems, but just wait until you do. The organisation is full of amateurs who have no technical understanding whatsoever.

Equaliser's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2009

This review makes no reference to aftersales service. My experience of this dealer is that they have no technical knowledge and no attention to detail. Therefore they are simply not able to prepare their stock to the agreed sale condition. They then rely on you to correct faults and will subsequently renege on any agreement or even worse just ignore you afterwards. I would ignore any fair weather reviews - when something goes wrong it's YOUR problem. Buyer beware.

“This prestige car 'presenter' caused me no end of...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by Equaliser on 23/01/2007

This prestige car 'presenter' caused me no end of problems. They did not put the car into the (verbally) agreed condition of sale. Head gasket failure occurred under warranty (again verbal agreement of cover) which the dealer disputed - Legal action had to be threatened before an offer of good faith was made.

276473_Bennett R J's Response to Equaliser's Review

Written on: 30/01/2007

I have bought many vehicles from Smallbone Cars and have never found them anything other than Honest, totally reliable and more than willing to assist in any situation. In fact so confident am I of Smmallbones honesty and integrity I have found a car I was interested in at another dealer and asked Smallbone cars to buy it themselves so I could then buy it from them because I felt more at ease with their terms of dealing and aftercare service than I would with anyone else.