SMC Renault, Woking, Surrey Reviews

2.8
  • Customer service

SMC Renault, Woking, Surrey - Ask a question now

“I bought a Clio about 4 years ago and have kept my...”

written by on 09/03/2011

I bought a Clio about 4 years ago and have kept my service history with SMC. They always keep in touch with reminders for my car services etc and all staff that I have dealt with have always been professional and efficient.

“A friend recommended SMC Renault to me when I was...”

written by on 08/03/2011

A friend recommended SMC Renault to me when I was looking to buy a new car. I was not disappointed. I found their salesman helpful and since buying the car I have nothing but praise for their service department. A genuinely good company to do business with.

“I HAVE BEEN A LONG STANDING CUSTOMER OF SMC RENAULT...”

written by on 03/03/2011

I HAVE BEEN A LONG STANDING CUSTOMER OF SMC RENAULT AND HAVE PURCHASED MANY CARS AND HAD THEM SERVICED WITH THEM OVER THE YEARS, ALONG WITH FAMILY OVER THE YEARS. I DID LEAVE THEM TO TRY ANOTHER MAKE, BUT THIS WAS SHORT LIVED AND WENT BACK TO THEM. I HAVE ALWAYS FOUND THEM PRICE COMPETITIVE, RELIABLE AND COURTIOUS OVER THE YEARS. MANY OF THE STAFF ARE VERY LONG STANDING. SO THEY MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT.

“The worst service I have ever had. I bought a Clio and...”

written by on 06/03/2010

The worst service I have ever had. I bought a Clio and when I picked the car up it was dirty with several scratches which were overlooked!

Spoke to the salesman who was very apologetic but when I escalated the issue to the Sale Manager he didn't seem to care. He told me it was a used car and that's what you should expect.

Total disgrace, wont be going back again.

“I bought a Megan convertible in July 09 second hand...”

written by on 23/01/2010

I bought a Megan convertible in July 09 second hand and they said it was perfect inside and out, so I went for a test drive and everything was ok. But the first day of owning the car I noticed some small but quite noticeable scratches on the doors and bumper. I called SMC and asked for them to be removed as they said the car was perfect, but when I was due in the scratch man was not available to do it. I said that was fine "il book you in again" but they never got back to me with a time or date. I called time and time again and still nothing now I can't take it back as if it looks like I've done it.
the first week of owning the car it started to burn oil on top of the engine and lots of smoke bellowed out of the bonnet so I took it so they could clean the engine, then two months went by and I was on the motorway and the power cut out so instead of a 1.9 litre car it was like driving a 1.2 I carried on about another mile or so to the next services and it came back on again I called up SMC again they said "it does that sometimes" WHAT that can't be right I said and they just dismissed it and I have and nothing but trouble since owning this car it's still broke now and they don't want to do anything about it because it's been there to many times

“I recentley purchased a Renault Clio from SMC Renault...”

written by Bugsy 12 on 29/11/2008

I recentley purchased a Renault Clio from SMC Renault in woking and found it to be the most enjoyable experience you could have when buying a new car the staff were both friendly and professional.
A very well run and friendly dealership and I would throughly recomend them to any one wishing to purchase a new car.

“ I was quoted another price for service on the...”

written by on 14/02/2008

I was quoted another price for service on the telephone when I was booking the car for service and completely different price (almost 3 times higher) when I had to pay after the service was done.
I feel cheated and will not be using this garage again.

“My 2.5 year old Megane was in here for 1 month last...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by shakeyoura on 12/01/2007

My 2.5 year old Megane was in here for 1 month last year and I had to return it 3 times before it was put right. In the end I was dealing only with the service manager A very nice and efficient lady who eventually managed to sort things out. The rest of the "service" dept have zero concept of customer care - I have tried them again for an MOT and ended up with several apologies "there has been some miscommunication" - what a surprise! Buying here may be OK but do not expect to get service. If they say it will take 1.5 hours - expect all day, if they say 5 days - expect 3 weeks, this has been my experience.