1 Stop Travel Insurance Reviews

1 Stop Travel Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for 1 Stop Travel Insurance

1 Stop Travel Insurance
1 Stop Travel Insurance

“We got this policy initially because it covers diving...”

Written on: 07/11/2010 by saschlet (1 review written)

We got this policy initially because it covers diving to 30m. When my husband wanted to do a dive to 40m and therefore extend the cover, they said we would need to buy a whole separate policy.

We were burgled in our hotel room and when reading the fineprint, it becomes apparent that NOTHING "unattended" is covered. So, you are meant to take ALL your possessions with you (even for a walk around the local town) as if you are burgled, it's not covered.

I think you should expect medical cover… Read Full Review

“we have used these people for last couple of years and...”

Written on: 15/10/2010

we have used these people for last couple of years and have never had to make a claim, this holiday we did have to claim, plane took off had to divert to other airport because of technical problems (landing gear wouldnt go up) therefore in the end it resulted in a 34 hour delay. we come back , claim to 1stop travel, who say they are not payin out because we actually took off on time , even though we had to go to a different airport, our actual plane took off on time so resulted in no delay, oh… Read Full Review

“My little boy got chicken pox a few days before we...”

Written on: 24/06/2010

My little boy got chicken pox a few days before we were due to fly and wasn't allowed to fly as he was still contagious. When I first contacted 1 stop travel they wouldn't confirm if we would get the full money back until they had the claim in front of them, which was upsetting especially as we had canceled a holiday costing £4500.

But within 3 weeks of sending the claim in we had a cheque arrive for £4100 less £400 excess ( £100 per person even though 2 of them where under 4 years… Read Full Review

“General enquiry before holiday to Thailand re-riots...”

Written on: 19/05/2010

General enquiry before holiday to Thailand re-riots etc. Enquiry about making a claim if "Foreign office advise against All travel to Thailand" - One stop WOULD REFUSE to make any payment - " see small print on pages ? "

Dandms's Comment

Written on: 20/05/2010

I found this review not helpful because no one will insure against an ongoing risk.

Read 1 Comment

“1 Stop Travel Insurance - My wife had a heart attack...”

Written on: 13/05/2008

1 Stop Travel Insurance - My wife had a heart attack in January of 2008 in Tenerife she was in hospital for 12 days received excellent treatment from the hospital & one stop. We spend most winters away from the cold uk we will be taking out one stop travel insurance again… Read Full Review

“Have 1 Stop Travel Insurance for the third year...”

Written on: 01/11/2007 by doughnuts (1 review written)

Have 1 Stop Travel Insurance for the third year running and will again for my holiday next year. Would not go anywhere else… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I was in terrible pain and needed to see a dentist in...”

Written on: 24/09/2006 by Midnight star (1 review written)

I was in terrible pain and needed to see a dentist in Canada. I cleared it with 1st Stop Insurance beforehand. I needed an X ray and emergency dental treatment. I asked for a letter from the dental surgeon as requested by the insurance company. When I arrived home, 1st Stop said no to my claim.

I did read about this insurance company on the internet beforehand. They had poor reviews, but representatives from 1st Stop added that since these claims, their service had improved. I think not.

Make… Read Full Review

“I Used 1 Stop Travel Insurance in winter 2003 - I...”

Written on: 22/08/2004 by phantomz2000 (1 review written)

I Used 1 Stop Travel Insurance in winter 2003 - I tried to make a claim only to find it took months and months of letters back and forth to get no where.

family member took out policy March 2004 - was unable to make his flight a week later, due to being ill on the day, he had a doctors certificate saying he was unable to and couldn't fly, and various other documents proving his case. Still no payout, the insurance company as I have experienced try to wear down the claimant by asking for… Read Full Review

Garybaldi's Response to 166863_phantomz2000's Review

Written on: 05/01/2005

I totally agree! I took out travel insurance last summer and then after a car accident abroad I tried to claim. They quickly sent me a claim form but after that I couldn't contact them at all. I left messages, sent faxes and emailed them but I was totally ignored. When after two weeks, I eventually got through they asked me to supply more obscure information so I gave up. I would never go near this lot again - their insurance is not worth the paper it's printed on.

Midnight Star's Response to 166863_phantomz2000's Review

Written on: 24/09/2006

Following my own experience, I would say otherwise!

Mebarry's Response to 166863_phantomz2000's Review

Written on: 03/05/2006

1Stop Travel Insurance has since taken the claims handling operation in house. We have responded to customer feedback about the claims process, previously handled by AXA and this is now handled by our own team of staff, who are proud of their customers and proud of their 5 day turnaround period. We encourage you to try us again as we are still great value and a much better service!

Read 3 Comments