Manchester, Day by Day Parking Reviews

3.4
  • Ease of booking

• Security

Manchester, Day by Day Parking - Ask a question now

“Excellent Service - Faultless”

written by ClaireSheardMcShane on 08/10/2023

Booked online. Highly recommended. On departure a guy was waiting, checked car over and very professional. On return, a guy was waiting. Allowed us to check car and it was perfect. People complaining has me puzzled - you've got to message them just before you arrive and only message when you've got your bags. It's not hard....easier than ManAir official parking. As for damage to vehicle, we had none and I doubt they'd damage it on purpose...they rely on customers cars for their business ! I'm not saying people are lying - but I find it really hard to believe so many ! Highly recommended - so much so we've just booked again hence this review. Thanks once again.

“Awful- cancelled booking with under a days notice”

written by AylinGillespie317 on 22/02/2022

DO NOT USE Tried to book online as this company have taken over a reliable one we used to use. No confirmation sent. Spoke to someone over phone who said website issues, try again tomorrow, I asked about availability and was told it should be fine to book just a website problem. Tried twice more with no joy over the next couple of days. Phoned the number advertised and advised try once more and if still having problems a booking would be taken over the phone the next morning. I ended up doing that. I was then called the day before I was meant to drop off the car to cancel because they had manually overbooked- no advice on what to do with my car for a week! Just told the people taking the bookings hasn’t checked with the manager. Ridiculous. To top it off, I’ve now looked on my phone bill and the 3 calls to them to actually speak to them about booking have cost me £5 in total!!!

“Parking Fine and returned dirty with 56 extra miles!”

written by DavidGowar on 22/07/2019

I booked this through Looking4Parking.com. Drop off and collection went smoothly, but the driver who returned our car went away without asking me to sign for it. I soon realised why - the car had covered 56 miles whilst in their "care",and was covered in a thin film of greasy dust - not what you would expect if it had been kept under cover - not tom ention the bird droppings.... I had had the car When I complained to Looking4Parking they said it wasn;t their responsibility, and to contact daybydayparking direct, which I did, only to be met with totally inadequate excuses and a shocking level of rudeness. I am taking them to court - avoid this company at all cost!

Ellise2804's Response to DavidGowar's Review

Written on: 04/02/2020

Great service, used terminal 3 manchester car was returned within 5 mins of calling by time had crossed road to the drop off driver was there, always use this company & day by day parking spot on, this week they had 2 family members cars while we where away together & all had the same experience, car also has a quick clean on outside to get the motorway dirt off ... excellence service as always,see you all in April many thanks to day by day parking

“More of the same - damage to car - difficult to contact”

written by Karlie199 on 05/04/2018

This appears to be an ongoing problem with this company. Car returned late at night in dark parking area, driver disappearing immediately. Quick check round & couldn't see any damage. Noticed damage, in daylight, next morning. Spent 6 days trying to talk to anyone sensible only to be told that I had left it too long to report the damage (the notes on previous calls had been lost). The company then denied responsibility and said that damage could not have occurred as they only drive to/from airport and park! The booking was made through looking4Parking & they are less than helpful. My advice is DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY unless you have an old beaten up car and don't mind a few extra battle scars. The reviews on looking4parking gave the company over 90% satisfaction rating The review centre was 65% - I know who I believe.

Dwh20565's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2019

also known as vip parking .just got my car back driver run off ,crack in winderscreen brought back with flat tyre cost me £25 to get out of car park and had 60 miles on clock !!!!!

“Damage to my car.”

written by AdisonKennedy on 06/01/2018

Booked with this company but regretting it now. Had my car delivered to me at Manchester Airport in November. Was returned with a large scratch above the rear wheel arch. Not there before as we did a full vehicle inspection with the pick up driver prior to departure. This was all signed for. Oh my how difficult is it to get to speak to the manager? Been passed from pillar to post trying to get some resolution. Endless promises to ‘ring us back today’ never transpires. My advice is don’t use them. It’s all ok until something goes wrong then they are a nightmare.

“The worst customer service ”

written by KatSarah on 05/09/2017

After returning home from our trip myself and my partner had to wait in the cold for an hour for my car. We were waiting for day by day parking at Manchester airport. On receiving my luggage I called the number provided and expressed we wanted our car to come. I was told our car was outside. Ten minutes later I phoned the company again to ask where my car is and the boy on the phone told me there was traffic on the ramp and should be 5 minutes. Ten minutes later I called the number again and asked where my car was. The boy on the phone expressed it was his first day and that he would check where my car was. He never rang back. Ten minutes later my partner called and asked for the address so that we could get a taxi to the place and pick our car up! The boy once again said it would be 5 minutes. 15 minutes later we rang the company no answer. Rang again to which the boy put the phone down on us. We finally spoke to him and told him we were discusted with the service we had received to which he put the phone down. After an hour the manager arrived with our car and said there was deadlock traffic ( it was 5:00am) he apologised to which we said it was not good enough. He never gave us any paper work or signed anything! I rang to speak to the manager again a few days later who was rude on the phone and said "I remember you, you were the girl who was crying" as if it was a joke. He told me to write to the boss who turns out to be his son. I did this and two weeks later still do not have a reply! Never use this company they put such a dampener on our holiday, were rude, unprofessional and definitely not worth spending any of your money on!!!!

“Damage to car and mileage on clock”

written by Leach487 on 16/08/2017

I left car with this company August 2017. Dent in car not there when we left also 80 plus miles extra on clock. They will not reply to emails or phone calls now after saying the dent was not their problem. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY TO PARK YOUR CAR! I won't ever again

“Lone female abandoned ”

written by MaryCobb on 10/07/2017

I've used Day by day several times. Generally they have been ok. I booked a drop off for 0630 on Friday 7 July. I phoned the night before to confirm and also 15 mins prior to arriving at terminal 3 as per instructions. I was told they would meet me at drop off zone at my allotted time. I was a few minutes early so waited. After 5 mins after my allotted time I called again to just say I'm here can you get here. By 06:40 I was getting a lot of aggravation from a rude marshal at the drop off zone. I was made to move and had to drive around and around. I called Day by day hands free whilst driving. By now they were 15 mins late for my 06:30 slot. No call no explaination. I was by now upset and flustered with the whole situation. I called them for the 4th time and explained what was happening and when my pick up would be there? I was told 5 mins!!!! I asked why no one had been there to meet me at 06:30 as per my booking and was rudely told IT DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT!" And then put the phone down on me!!! . So, Id like an explaination from Day by day as to how it does work then? If I book you for 0630 and pay you then why can't I expect you to be there and provide the service I'm paying for? When they eventually turned up there was no apology for the dreadful service. Another man came over looking for them under the guise of VIP parking stating he had been waiting 15 minutes too for his pick up. Sounds to me like they are a shambles and have no regard fior thier customers and for delivering thier agreements. In all honesty I will never use them again and would recommend using an alternative. Why am I left hanging and why am I getting this response rather than an apology and explaination?

“Damage caused to the car - refusing to respond.”

written by warrilow316 on 04/01/2017

During the time my car was in their possession - the wing mirror was damaged and needs replacing. I noticed this after the person who dropped it off had already left. I phoned him back before leaving the airport and also sent a photo of the damage and he assured me that someone would get back to me the following day after reviewing the CCTV footage - no one did. I then phoned back and he said that he would sort it out but also found it necessary to state that this would come out of his wages - no one got back to me. On the third time of contacting them - I was then told to explain everything in an email. Screenshots of the attempted the phone calls and text messages (which inc. a photo of the damage which was taken at the time when the car was dropped off) and also a scanned copy of the quote to remedy the damage caused to my car were attached to the email - no one got back to me. After a week, I phoned again and was this time told to send the email again but this time mark it for the attention of "Mel", which I did, and guess what? ... no one got back to me. Two months on, and I am no closer to resolving this then I was when I first got back my car back. Everytime I call, I am assured/promised that they will call back and no one ever does. During the latest phone call - the person claiming to be the owner said that the quote was far too high and that he "knew a bloke" who could do it cheaper; however, I live in an hour away from said bloke - so that's useless. My car is due it's MOT soon and there's no way it will pass with this damage.

Leighgd's Response to warrilow316's Review

Written on: 02/03/2017

Hi, have you resolved this with them yet? They damaged my car while with them returned on the 20th of Feb and I have emailed 'mel' and through the website but to no avail.

Warrilow316's reply to Leighgd's Comment

Written on: 06/03/2017

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the damage to your vehicle.
Unfortunately not, I exhausted all avenues too in an attempt at resolving this - which included reporting the matter to the police and requesting access to the CCTV footage where the car was dropped off and picked up.
Turns out that CCTV footage from right outside a major international airport "isn't that clear" ... which is really reassuring!!!
Police eventually came back to me to say that it is their word against mine and would not be pursuing the issue any further.
The police did say that they do get a lot of reports of damage from these and other similar outfits - the most common being that of damage to the underside of cars caused when it is driven over fields in the dark!

“Its the 3rd time we have used "Meet and greet" and its...”

written by J-Lewis121 on 13/10/2016

Its the 3rd time we have used "Meet and greet" and its been the same great service everytime. We would not do it any other way now, Thanks

“They are using your car for unauthorised journeys!!!”

written by on 22/09/2016

I've been using meet and great at Manchester airport for a number of years. I have young children and it is supposed to be an easier process. On return from a recent trip (Jul 16) I was told that I would have to pay an additional £3.50 for them to bring the car to me. The alternate was to carry heavy bags and 3 young children to the other end of the airport. When I did eventually get my car it was caked in mud inside and out (I'd had it valeted the day before I left), all my memory settings from the phone and satnav had disappeared (battery had been disconnected) and there was an additional 17 miles on the clock. I asked the driver about this but he just gave me the keys and left quickly. I have now been in contact with the company for over 3 months and they are no longer responding to my emails. I've informed them that I will be pursuing legal action and informing the Ombudsman. They appear not to care and are just stonewalling me or not responding. I would urge anyone thinking of using this company to look elsewhere. They are classed as being a SISTER company of PURPLE PARKING. BE VERY AWARE

“alexus55”

written by ellise151 on 05/04/2016

What a fantastic service. .waiting at the terminal when we arrived at Manchester and also there when we arrived Back from Goa at 3am ..we were 2 women so it was brilliant not to have to hang around . 5 *****. Amazing service, thanks to the Day By Day Parking team. see you in may

“Day by day parking ”

written by Taryn476 on 29/03/2016

Excellent service. Friendly, efficient staff. Prompt collection, despite arriving an hour early. Car ready for collection as soon as we had picked up our luggage. Would not hesitate to recommend day by day parking at Manchester airport . I've all ready booked again for June .

“If you have a tracker you would not use......”

written by JuliusJohnson291 on 23/02/2016

Car tracker evidences misc journeys, not parked where they say it was........everytime they answer a question I get a different response.escalting this to trading standards, and press .....they must not be allowed to misuse your vehicle.

“Used my car without Authorisation ”

written by Rkenn1 on 29/12/2015

I have a tracker on my vehicle which shows where and when my car has travelled. My vehicle has been used back and forth to the airport on three occasions and once to a council estate location unauthorised. They use a temporary location to store some of the vehicles 0.8 miles away before moving them to a larger compound 3.0 miles away. When I called them from abroad they skirted around the secure location questions of the temporary car park which is also located on or near a council estate. On return to uk last night I questioned the Hoodied Eastern European driver about the unauthorised use but he left me the keys and ran off. I have called day by day today to question them but was told the manager was unavailable and was giving me lip service. I have sent them emails and maps of the unauthorised journeys , my dissatisfaction about the mud in my car interior and have received no call and no contact from them . I must also point out they only insure the vehicle for £26000 worth of damage which is no good for my vehicle valued at £67000 there are lots of disclaimers in their terms and conditions relating to damage to the vehicle so be careful. I will be contacting trading standards if they make no contact with me.

“Superb Service/Even anticipated arrival of delayed flight!”

written by kissingmadonna on 27/05/2014

Booked Day By Day Parking.com off an internet seller and was a little sceptical because of the price (excellent price for parking at Manchester airport). I had absolutely nothing to worry about! The service was first class. You are told to ring them when you are 10 minutes away from the departure terminal and sure enough their friendly driver was waiting for us to arrive. No hassle trying to find the car park, then carrying suitcases and waiting for the courtesy bus. Wonderful. Returning our flight was delayed by a full day. We didn't contact Day by Day Parking.com - we simply forgot. Here's the amazing thing - we didn't inform them when we would be returning (due to the delay) but they had looked up our flight and were ready and waiting for us at the arrivals. Wonderful. And they didn't charge us for the extra day. That is excellent goodwill and we will definitely be using them in the future. Therefore I have no qualms in recommending them to anyone.

“manchester meet and greet terminal 1 d riley chorley lancs”

written by davidriley12 on 04/05/2014

perfect service on time on drop off point and collection only took 2 min for a very pleasant driver to bring car back after phoneing for collection of vehicle will certainly use again and again

“Fantastic freindly service”

written by m90dom on 04/04/2014

Excellent service, hassle-free, polite and professional. Will happily use again, im only mad at myself for not using these guys before.

“fantastic service”

written by on 08/07/2012

Just wanted to pass on our big thanks for your fantastic service on our recent holiday departure and arrival back in the UK. It was hassle free, which at 3am in the morning with 3 kids in tow was certainly very welcome!! An excellent service, with very helpful and polite staff - we will have no hesitation in recommending your company to family and friends and will also use you again next time we venture abroad. Many thanks one again

“Manchester airport car parking Superb service. A...”

written by on 01/12/2010

Manchester airport car parking Superb service. A friendly and courteous driver was waiting for us when we arrived both outward bound and returning. Very reasonable price for a top class service - will definitely be back well done day by day parking!!!!!!!