Pearl of Wokingham, Berks Reviews

Pearl of Wokingham, Berks - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pearl of Wokingham, Berks

“FORD FOCUS Titanium”

written by JaylahKinney429 on 11/08/2017

Traveled 85 miles to look at the car that was being advertised in the dealership.Upon arrival found out that I had been lied to and mislead and the car was £500 more expensive Reported this dealership to auto trader and trading standards do not buy a car from this dealership

“Bought a fantastic focus st3 10 plate ”

written by Leegrove on 15/12/2015

Clarence got me a superb deal and really nos his stuff when it comes to st,siv bought from main dealers that are not half as goods as pearls TRUTH since iv had the car in August this year iv had not 1 problem with it very pleased and would Deffo go back again merry xmass and thanks for the card Regards

“great stay”

written by conor.canton88 on 09/09/2014

lovely staff and atmosphere, would recommend and stay here again. clean and fresh

“BOUGHT A STUNNING VXR ”

written by fabiovxr on 24/05/2014

A bought my car about 7 months ago and i had a few teething problems. My car had a full stainless steel Hi Flo cat exhaust system on it in arden blue with the blue neon dash upgrade. The car looks and sounds fantastic and still does. The exhaust caused the engine management light to come on every now and again and after going in to Pearl they checked it all over and explained why and that it is normal when you have these types of hi flo cat exhausts. They did offer to get the car re mapped for me at a cost of £300 which we did and this cured the problem, increased my BHP and made my car more efficient so well worth the extra money. I also had a problem recently with my number plate lights flickering which Pearl also sorted out for me and was just a bad earth. I would like to say that when i bought the car they were very knowledgeable, the RAC inspection gave me confidence that I was not buying a pup and the few issues I had were taken care of without fuss. I did notice they seemed to specialise in Ford Focus ST and all the cars looked in great condition to me although i didnt look that closely at the them. Thanks to the lads at Pearl for all your help, I will be back for a Astra GTC in a few years time when i can afford one.

“Disappointing experience with Pearl”

written by Stephensxs390 on 28/04/2014

I bought a BMW 3 series from them which, despite low mileage, had several problems which their "extensive" buyers report hadn't picked up. These problems turned out to be expensive to sort out, and the warranty turned out to be highly restrictive. Also, as soon I was out of the door the service mindedness of the staff was gone and the tone become very unfriendly and unhelpful. Very disappointing experience.

Pearl Of Wokingham's Comment

Written on: 16/05/2014

We take all our customers complaints very seriously and take pride in resolving any issues that may arise. The warranty company we use is one of the best in the business providing the highest level of cover available for the used car market. They are the suppliers to many Manufacturer programs including Mercedes Benz..

We always try and resolve any issues that arise from buying a used car and make sure the door to communication is always left open.

This review concerns me because we are not aware of any issues with a BMW 3 series and we have not sold a low mileage BMW 3 series since 2012.

Darrell Alper
C\o Pearl of Wokingham

“Focus ST”

written by STwStripes on 09/02/2014

I saw the range of ST's on the website and called in half expecting to see just one or two but there were loads. I saw one that I Iiked straight away and spoke to an advisor about it. He was very knowledgable and very helpful, he gave us plenty of time alone to have a good look around the car, there was no pressure to buy and the car was immaculate, we went for a test drive and they had a look over my car that was going to be part exchanged. We bought the car there and then, the finance and paperwork was done quickly and arrangements were made to pick it up later in the week. That was six months ago, the car was and is still perfect. Every step of the way was handled quickly and in a professional manner, I'd happily recommend Pearl to anyone.

“Very nice selection of cars”

written by m10knowles on 24/05/2013

I wanted a Focus ST and noticed Pearl had a good choice showing on line. 22 ST's showing on the website but I was a bit sceptical as that seemed an awful lot. I rang the dealer and was assured they had at least 15 at that time(they had sold a few in last couple of days) so I left from Hull as they had 7 white in stock which was the colour I wanted. When I got there sure enough 16 Ford Focus ST's all in the front row looking very impressive in almost every colour available, I was pleased I had made the journey down and wished I had not bothered wasting my time looking at some of the cheap ones on Autotrader which were rubbish in condition. Graham was very helpful and suggested that he looks at my car while I find a car I was interested in. It didnt take me long, I chose a ST3 10 plate 3 door in red with black wheels and only 20,000 miles on the clock, it looked great. I checked out the paperwork and it was only 2 owners from new with Ford service history,new MOT, just serviced and of course the RAC inspection which made me feel very confident. Whilst I was waiting for Graham to value my car Clarence did the finance for me and they told me when I initially called that if I bought with me both parts of my driving licence I could take the car the same day so I didnt need to make the journey from hull twice. Graham came back to me with a valuation for my car from different traders he had called. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I was getting because my car a Fiesta ST had quite a few marks and the service was well over due. This and the fact my monthly payment was affordable for me made my decision easy and i drove my new car away within about an hour. I must say the whole experience was great from start to finish and very professional, they really know how to buy good cars and provide excellent customer service. I just wish some of the other dealers were as easy to deal with. A very big thank you

“I went there to look at a car, on the phone they were...”

written by on 22/04/2013

I went there to look at a car, on the phone they were very helpful and good at returning my calls. After driving several miles to go and look at the vehicle they came to value my car. The price they offered me for my car for a part ex was £1500 less than a previous dealer 5 hours before that.. So in 80 miles £1500 had been knocked of my car?.. I don't think so? As a customer that was a insult- they obviously thought they could take me for a ride? Based on this ridiculous offer i walked out without a car. Just be warned when going in for a part exchange ALWAYS GET A VALUATION FROM ELSEWHERE. Overall their customer service was good, but not very good for value for money.

Pearl Of Wokingham's Comment

Written on: 05/05/2013

I am very sorry you were disappointed with your part exchange valuation and this prevented you from buying one of our cars.
We never value the cars using just our experience and always contact specialists for each different type of car to obtain a true reflection of the market place. This always enables us to achieve the highest possible price for your car but sometimes depending on the car and the demand for that car can result in a lower price if the specialist indicates that the car is a slow seller.
On this occasion I am sorry we could not help.

“REALLY GOOD CHOICE OF FOCUS ST”

written by RICHARD312 on 15/03/2013

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A ST FOCUS FOR A WHILE AND NOTICED RECENTLY THAT THIS DEALER HAD A LOT IN STOCK. I WAS VERY INTERESTED IN A ORANGE ONE WITH ORANGE SEATS ALTHOUGH MY WIFE THOUGHT I WAS NUTS. I HAD SEEN A FEW CARS AT OTHER DEALERS BUT THE CONDITION WAS NOT WHAT I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED. WHEN I GOT TO PEARL ALL THE CARS THEY HAD IN STOCK WERE REALLY NICE AND THE RAC INSPECTION MADE ME FEEL MORE RELAXED ABOUT THE WAY THE CAR HAD BEEN PREVIOUSLY DRIVEN. MY CAR HAD A COMPLETE SERVICE HISTORY AND WAS IMMACULATE WITH NO PROBLEMS ON THE RAC REPORT. THESE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND EXACTLY WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A GOOD FOCUS ST, I DEALT WITH CLARENCE WHO WAS EASY TO TALK TO AND ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS CONFIDENTLY. I HAVE HAD MY CAR FOR A FEW MONTHS NOW AND IM REALLY ENJOYING IT, PEARL WERE DEARER THAN OTHER GARAGES BUT THE CARS WERE CERTAINLY ALOT BETTER AND WORTH PAYING THE EXTRA IN MY OPINION INSTEAD OF DRIVING AROUND LOTS OF DEALERS AND SEEING RUBBISH. I THINK MY MATE IS JUST ABOUT TO BUY ANOTHER CAR FROM THEM THIS WEEK, I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE.

“Disappointing”

written by nils on 08/09/2012

Bought a BMW 3 series from Pearl and have had lots of problems – and as soon as you are out of the door the fine print kicks in. Arrogant owner and sales people. Promises that are not kept. They don’t return calls and repair and warranties are highly restrictive. I would never buy from them again, and I think that goes for anyone which have had a problem that needed fixing. AVOID

Pearl Of Wokingham's Response to nils's Review

Written on: 18/10/2012

I am sorry you found our service disappointing.
We always try our hardest to meet our customers expectations but on this occassion I could not be of any further help.
You purchased your BMW from us in October 2010 with 96000 miles and unfortunately the glow plugs failed.
The glow plugs failed because they came to the end of their life.
I appreciate that if you are not mechanically minded that when a warranty does not pay out it is very frustrating and when you get a bill that is not expected((£200) it can be very painfull.
We are not aware of any warranty that will cover such failures as this is deemed as maintenance.
Im sorry you have felt the way you do but hopefully on reflection you may also appreciate we cannot pay for all eventualities.

“VERY GOOD SELECTION OF CARS”

written by MBond321 on 13/03/2012

We were looking for a Mercedes S class and Pearl had 5 in stock. All cars were in very good condition and had the documented service history we were looking for.The RAC report gave me peace of mind and when we took the car for a testdrive it was great. Clarence was easy to deal with and in fact we were so happy with the car we left a deposit straight away and picked the car up 2 days later. We had seen other vehicles but the condition or the service history was not up to the same standard of the car we bought from Pearl. We looked at cheaper cars online but none of the other cars we looked at left us with the same feeling of reassurance,confidence and relief that we got from buying this car. It would have been so much easier if we had come here first.

“Paid 2k for a cracking car”

written by FredMasters on 11/12/2011

We neded a car for my daughter and drove past Pearl of Wokingham and decided to pop in. Most of their cars were out of our price range on the forcourt but Joe the sales person who dealt with all the part exchanges had about 20 cars not on display upto 3k. We very very pleased with our purchase a Ford Focus as it has a complete service history which we did not expect and had only done 60k It seems even at the lower end of the market Pearl still only sell cars with a very good service history, i will say that it was more expensive than what was showing on the internet but we had looked at 5 cars previous to this one and they had either lots of owners which worried or very little service history. We have now had the car for 3 months and are very pleased.

“Good Value and Liked the Relaxed Sales Pitch”

written by on 06/12/2011

Found the car we bought advertised on Autotrader and the link to the Pearl website which was very easy to use (The video was very good too). Made an appointment to view a Volvo XC70 and when we turned up the vehicle was pulled out of the line up and ready for us to test drive(another garage couldnt even start their car) so we thought this was a promising start. The car drove well and we were then shown all the service history including a RAC report which was very comforting. I found the salesman very confident and open, taking care to make sure we were happy with everything. We had an old car to dispose of which we did not get much for but it saved us the hassle. All in all a very good experience.

“A QUICK AND EASY DECISION MADE ”

written by johnpit on 26/10/2011

I found it very daunting buying a used car and looked on the internet for ages. I ended up very confused and found Pearl by googling local car dealers. I spoke to Russell who had been selling cars for 30 years and I really appreciated the no nonsense approach.He asked me various questions and pointed me in the right direction which is what I needed as I really didnt have a clue what I was looking for. My budget was 5k but only ended up spending 4k on a 2007 Astra. The mileage was a bit higher than I had wanted but it was in excellent condition and had been RAC inspected which really put my mind at rest. A big thank you to Russell for his patience and help which made for an easy decision to buy from him.

“Bought my new car today ”

written by Alfroberts on 24/09/2011

I needed a nice little run around for £3000. I couldn't find anything good enough at the other garages and I had looked around for ages. In the end I bought a good focus from Pearl for £4500 but it was in really good nick with full service history. Clarence was not pushy like some salesman I had spoken to at other garages and offered me 3 years warranty for £600. What a great deal . Thank you and my dad needs a car in January so I will definitely be sending him to you.

“NO PRESSURE AND VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE”

written by PaulJetson on 16/09/2011

JUST BOUGHT A VERY NICE LEXUS RX350. Sales team were all very good, answering all of my questions confidently. I really liked the fact the car had been RAC inspected as some of the cars I had seen at other dealers were very dubious to say the least. Pearl made my decision very easy and there was no pressure from any of the staff which made the purchase experience highly enjoyable from start to finish. Thanks Russell and the team for all your help and see you soon.

“Recently bought a Toyota from Pearl and was pleasantly...”

written by on 15/04/2011

Recently bought a Toyota from Pearl and was pleasantly surprised how nice the vehicle was .
I had looked at 3 other cars and the other vehicles were cheaper but the condition of these cars did not come close to the car I bought from Pearl.
It was more expensive than the other vehicles but worth the extra money especially with the RAC peace of mind.
Clarence was very helpful and would recommend him and the cars at Pearl.
Nice doing business with these guys and we will see you soon as my best mate wants to change his car soon.

“I bought a BMW from Pearl and was very disappointed. ...”

written by on 07/12/2010

I bought a BMW from Pearl and was very disappointed. Firstly, the car inspection reported turned out to have missed several problems; secondly, I was told that a full verification of the millage was carried out (it turned out it had never been done) and they refused to carry one out after the sale had been completed; thirdly the insurance the car was sold with had so many limitations that is turned out to be of little use to me. I found their customer service to be disappointing and poor. I was met with arrogance and slow response to my inquiries. The terms and conditions I was offered to rectify the problems were unacceptable and uneconomical for me. I will not buy a car from Pearl again and I can not recommend it to anyone else either. A disappointing experience!

An Innocent Var Buyer's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2011

I found this review very helpful because... I am not the only one to have experienced serious problems with Pearl of Wokingham car dealers and Darrell the owner.

“SUPERB SALES TEAM, WENT TO LOOK FOR A TOP END CAR TO...”

written by on 22/03/2010

SUPERB SALES TEAM, WENT TO LOOK FOR A TOP END CAR TO SPOIL MY WIFE , FOUND SO MANY DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO START! GREAT BUNCH (VERY PATIENT), AFTER SEVERAL HOURS AND 2 VISITS....DECIDED ON A MERC WITH ALL THE RIGHT BITS...BIT EXPENSIVE, BUT WORTH IT...THESE GUYS KNOW THEIR STUFF.
THANKS TO ALL FOR PATIENCE AND TIME...WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE LOOKING TO BUY A USED CAR

“We have just picked up a BMW estate from Pearls which...”

written by on 07/10/2009

We have just picked up a BMW estate from Pearls which we are very happy with. I found the sales team very helpful and informative and especially intersted in making sure the vehicle suited our needs.

I would recommend Pearls very highly for a no nonsense,easy purchase and with the RAC inspection already carried out made us feel very comfortable buying.

There were two things we wanted doing to the car a very minor scuff on the bumper and some light scratches polished out.
These were done when we came to pick the car up the next day as promised and the bumber scuff had been done brilliantly.

We do not knoiw much about cars but Pearls made us feel very relaxed and did everything we asked of them.